Type keyword(s) to search

Laura: A Sorey, Sorey Excuse for a Stew

Teri313
  • Start Topic

I hope it's okay if I start a topic...

I was rewatching earlier episodes and  took note of some stuff that Laura said that didn’t really sink in the first time.

1. When she first gets on the boat, she says on the confessional camera, “I have been in yatching for about 2½ years now and I’ve been based out of Barcelona, Italy, Greece. I was really lucky to land a chief stew role, and from there it’s kind of just propelled upward.
  2. Then she says to Kate, “Yeah, I used to be a Chief on the same size vessel.”
  3. Then the next thing we know, she’s telling the confessional camera, “I was lucky to learn from an excellent chief stew on my last vessel. She had the highest standards. That instilled a lot in me. Now I can come in and really revamp the interior.
  4. Then in another episode, Kate  asks her to do turn-downs in the guest quarters. She says on the confessional camera: “Taking this third stew role, I may or may not have shot myself in the foot. I forgot how mundane a third stew position really is. I honestly haven’t done turn-downs in years, but it  probably doesn’t matter, because on this yacht, the bar is  set kinda low.

This girl seems to have trouble keeping her story straight, and I really don't believe anything she says at this point. I can't wait to see how Captain Lee reacts on the reunion show to her dressing Kate down. SO inappropriate. I don't care if she likes Kate or not, she is her boss. In real life, she would have been gone. Same with Rhylee.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I was rewatching earlier episodes and  took note of some stuff that Laura said that didn’t really sink in the first time.

1. When she first gets on the boat, she says on the confessional camera, “I have been in yatching for about 2½ years now and I’ve been based out of Barcelona, Italy, Greece. I was really lucky to land a chief stew role, and from there it’s kind of just propelled upward.
  3. Then the next thing we know, she’s telling the confessional camera, “I was lucky to learn from an excellent chief stew on my last vessel. She had the highest standards. That instilled a lot in me. Now I can come in and really revamp the interior.
  4. Then in another episode, Kate  asks her to do turn-downs in the guest quarters. She says on the confessional camera: “Taking this third stew role, I may or may not have shot myself in the foot. I forgot how mundane a third stew position really is. I honestly haven’t done turn-downs in years, but it  probably doesn’t matter, because on this yacht, the bar is  set kinda low.

This girl seems to have trouble keeping her story straight, and I really don't believe anything she says at this point. I can't wait to see how Captain Lee reacts on the reunion show to her dressing Kate down. SO inappropriate. I don't care if she likes Kate or not, she is her boss. In real life, she would have been gone. Same with Rhylee.

Thanks for taking the time to cull all these quotes.  I thought sure Laura had made a comment in her first episode about being in yachting less than 3 years, which left me wondering exactly how experienced she was.  Or wasn't.  If a person was yachting constantly over 2 1/2 years, I guess that would be quite a lot of experience, but I've never had a strong impression that these people go immediately into their next job.  (Probably some do and some don't. )  At any rate, as you say, her story has been noticeably inconsistent. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Liar Liar Pants on Fire. Sorrrrey....

• Love 5