Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Season Premiere

• Start Topic

I think no one had bags because they were allowed much more clothing than the typical contestant.

I understand the last episode is Feb. 13th (can someone confirm), which means they'll be there just over 3 weeks.

Did you ever see so many bad noses.  Dina's is terrible.  Not liking the wrestler's either, although she may have an excuse due to her profession.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I got to say if Lolo is into ugly guys I would love to marry her.  Though she can be a tad bit scary, if any of you saw her on the Challenge you know what I am saying.  She is an arch-competitor. 

All you have to do is not compete with her, but be her cheerleader! I like her, too, but I think she should be on The Bachelor.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I understand the last episode is Feb. 13th (can someone confirm), which means they'll be there just over 3 weeks.

Yep, the finale is February 13th.

9 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

Kind of a messed up twist for the first HOH. I approve. 

+1

Tamar and Jonathan are already way too extra. I hope they calm down. I think Tamar is probably capable of it, Jonathan I'm not sure about. I hope he loses this comp though because I feel like he'd be hilarious otb in week 1. But it'd probably only be entertaining for like 5 minutes and then it'd just be annoying.

Kind of a boring first ep but I'm still excited. I hope this season is more drama filled than last season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

Agree that Tamar  is already on my last nerve. Don't really care for Tom Green and his ball jokes but I have smiled once or twice at his other humor.  Wasn't he once an "item" with Drew Barrymore?  Or was that another Tom Green? Kato is pleasantly low key for now.  Ryan Swimmer-boy has spent too much time underwater. Totally unpleasant character.   Bug-eyed Cupcake Boy (BECB? Heh, kinda like BEC!) intrigues me on weirdness alone, but I don't remember his name.  Don't know any of the others yet.

Tom Greene was diagnosed and treated for testicular cancer and had an entire special on MTV dealing with the subject. Said special had a song that was about feeling your balls and checking for cancer. Get used to the ball humor because it is his way of promoting awareness about testicular cancer. He literally held up a jar with the teste that was removed during the surgery. So, yeah.

• Love 2

I was planning to watch, then wasn't feeling well last night, and went to bed before it came on.  May try to watch online before tonight's episode, though once I miss the first episode, I sometimes lose all interest in the show.

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Did you ever see so many bad noses.  Dina's is terrible.  Not liking the wrestler's either, although she may have an excuse due to her profession.

That may be a good enough reason to tune in though. LOL.

51 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Julie needs to ditch the Moonves crap.  She didn't start using it until all of the "issues" arose concerning her husband.  Her continued use of it is just a constant reminder of her husband's "issues".

And that may not. I've always liked Julie, but why is she feeling the need to remind everyone who her husband is.  I guess as a show of support for him, but still...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I very much doubt they have dry cleaning in the BB house. So I was wondering what else he packed. Are we going to see him in  a T-shirt and sweats or did he bring "business casual" . He just looks so out of place, but then again, he is.

Agree that Tamar  is already on my last nerve. Don't really care for Tom Green and his ball jokes but I have smiled once or twice at his other humor.  Wasn't he once an "item" with Drew Barrymore?  Or was that another Tom Green? Kato is pleasantly low key for now.  Ryan Swimmer-boy has spent too much time underwater. Totally unpleasant character.   Bug-eyed Cupcake Boy (BECB? Heh, kinda like BEC!) intrigues me on weirdness alone, but I don't remember his name.  Don't know any of the others yet.

Tom Green and Drew Barrymore were married for a short time.

The best part of last night was Tamar shoving grapes in her mouth because it meant I didn't have to hear her screeching, and then Tom's dryly asking her "how are the grapes."  It was a laugh out loud moment for me.

• Love 11

I wasn't going to watch the first season last year because I thought it would just be a bunch of D Celebs vying for the camera.  But I ended up enjoying it more than I thought.  They actually strategized and played the game in the end.

But this lot this time seem loud and brainless.  Hope things improve or I won't bother.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, oakville said:

I enjoyed the first episode. I am shocked that the Mooch would appear on this show. It was nice to see Tom Green again.

I am shocked he's on this show.  Why do you think he is doing it?  Run out of money is my guess?

I hope Ricky stays around. Good on him for finding another career path that he loves, and actually putting in the work for it, not just talking about it. He seems chill. I can't decide who I want out first, I think I would be okay with just about anyone except Kato and Mooch, probably Ricky. I know Mooch isn't to everyone's taste, but he's no Omarosa, and I feel like Kato and Mooch are the ones I know the least about how they'll be in the house.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, JJ1 said:

Someone needs to tell her to dial down the attitude. She is beyond annoying. 

Why is she bald?

Julie Chen minivan  who cares!  I hate when women feel they have to support worthless pos men!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I am shocked he's on this show.  Why do you think he is doing it?  Run out of money is my guess?

The Mooch runs a finance company. I haven't read anything about him having financial problems. He reconciled with his wife .

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Is the Mooch going to stay in that suit for the duration of the show or is he going to be one and done ( as I suspect, he’s not going to waste 6 weeks here, he’s only on for the big reveal and then gone.)?  He really looks so out of place.

My 14-year-old daughter was for some reason super annoyed that he was wearing a suit.  She complained more than once about him not wearing "normal" clothes like everyone else.

I don't know what this says about me, but I knew who all of the HGs were except the wrestler.  Said 14-year-old daughter had never heard of most of them, so I kept having to pause the DVR to explain.  The two explanations that took the longest were Kato (she had heard the name O.J. Simpson, but didn't know anything about the story....at all) and Joey (it took some convincing that "whoa" really was a thing).

Right now.....and this is totally subject to change as the episodes air and people start to annoy me...  here's where I stand:

Rooting For:  Jonathan, Lolo, Kandi, Joey

Meh/Tolerating:  Ricky, Tom, Kato, Natalie (does she go by all three names?), Ryan

Can't Leave Soon Enough:  the Mooch, Dina, Tamar

I'm not sure why Jonathan immediately thought he would be at a disadvantage in a competition with Olympic athlete Ryan.... if it's any kind of competition that requires even a smidgen of intelligence then Jonathan's chances look pretty good.  Ryan is no mental giant.

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think The Mooch got a taste of the spotlight and now craves the attention and exposure.

14 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

I'm not sure why Jonathan immediately thought he would be at a disadvantage in a competition with Olympic athlete Ryan.... if it's any kind of competition that requires even a smidgen of intelligence than Jonathan's chances look pretty good.  Ryan is no mental giant.

I feel like the majority of the BB challenges are geared towards physical stuff. It's too early in the competition for any memory challenges. He might be right to be worried. But I also think he'll be worried about every single thing for as long as he lasts.

Edited by SHD
  • Love 7

Apparently Bug-Eyed Cupcake Boy is going to be the polarizing houseguest this season.  You love him, or hate him.  I'm on the love bench, but I most definitely don't watch DWTS, and only very occasionally watch the food wars type shows on the Food Channel, so I'm not over him yet.  He's still a novelty to me.  I was wondering if his reactions were fake, but after a while I started to realize he's just a really, really enthusiastic guy who wears his thoughts on his face.  I hope he never gets sad, that's going to really bum me out if we see his sad face.

I'm really not liking Dina Lohan.  She can go.

Tamar is fascinating to me.  She annoys me, but her facial expressions are so over the top that I can't wait to see what face she'll make yet.

Kato is much more low key than I expected.  As is the Mooch.

Ryan is going to be the dumb guy who is unintentionally funny.  "He's smart....he knows cupcakes!"  "Please be swimming...please be swimming..."

Rickie looks to be a sweetheart.  Please don't turn out to be an asshole, Rickie....

The rest of the herd is there, I'll figure them out soon.

That comp was so, so, so funny.  No surprise that it was the athletes that got it figured out first, they're more tuned into their bodies than normal people, so they could figure out how to get moving where everyone else was just frantically flexing their knees.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I wasn't going to watch the first season last year because I thought it would just be a bunch of D Celebs vying for the camera.  But I ended up enjoying it more than I thought.  They actually strategized and played the game in the end.

But this lot this time seem loud and brainless.  Hope things improve or I won't bother.

I felt exactly the same way and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it.  For me it was the lack for showmances that made it better.

• Love 11

Every time I see Jonathan (aka BECB) I cant help but see the raised-eyebrow open-mouth “WOW!” emoji.

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

And that may not. I've always liked Julie, but why is she feeling the need to remind everyone who her husband is.  I guess as a show of support for him, but still...

I kinda have the feeling Julie’s painted herself into a corner with the C-M moniker; she started it back when there was still uncertainty about the allegations against Les to show support for her husband, but now she can’t let go of it without being seen as capitulating to the crowdthink - or worse, Production, because I really doubt THEY’RE all that fond of that recurrent reference on their show’s opening AND closing.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Tom Green and Drew Barrymore were married for a short time.

I forgot they actually married. Drew always seemed like she had cold feet with him. They hosted SNL together, and word got out that he was going to propose on air, but it didn't happen. They said she was legit freaking out behind the scenes. 

Speaking of SNL, Tina Fey loathes Dina Lohan.  She played her with a venom and viciousness that was off the charts.

I'm pretty surprised more people don't automatically remember Jonathan from Mean Girls. He gets a pass on that alone. I wonder what he really thinks of Dina himself.

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

A little bit of Tom Green goes a long way.  The dude looks remarkably similar to Michael Nesmith (The Monkees),

Exactly! That's who I was thinking he looked like that whole time.

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think it's shocking in the least. He was heavily rumored last season, and after they got all the extra coverage from having Omarosa on, no doubt they wanted to go down that road again. But I think he's already shown that he won't be trying to float all these insider quotes out into the larger media. Omarosa knew what she was doing. Mooch seems over his head and pretty boring actually.

• Love 6

If I hadn't checked my guide I would have missed last night's eppy.  Here we go:

Tamar – Sighs.  I like her and she has good songs (still play My Man on my fave tracks), but her over-the-top facial expressions are going to quickly annoy, though it was funny when she was stuffing her face with the grapes and almost choked at Tom Green’s “So you like grapes?”

Speaking of Tom – I have always had a crush on him.  There.  I said it!  He still looks yummy and could get it in a nano second.  His loud chewing though?  Makes me stabbity.

I raised my cane as a FUCK YOU! to Joey Lawrence for the older people remark….just ‘cause I remembered you totally ruining Gimme a Break! don’t make me that old, dickwad.  And what’s with the spray on bald hair look?!  Not surprised to see him here, as he allegedly spent wayyyyyy above his means and is broke as a joke.  WHOA!

Kato  – Didn’t think much of him during the O.J. trial so surprised at how likeable I am finding him.  Love those glasses.

Good to know I’m not the only one that cain’t stand the BEC!  He’s more over the top than Tamar and that’s saying a muhfuckin’ lot!  I want him gone first, please.

Ryan – Still giving him side eye after his Olympics shenanigans.

Dina – Pah.

Kandi – Can’t stand this heiffa!  Why does she keep trying to be relevant?  Okay, you did No Scrubs and still collecting money from it, stay on RHOA please….not welcome here.

Natalie Eva – Um, who are you to yell at anyone?  What did Kato do that was so annoying that you felt you had to put him in his place?  If no one else had a problem with what he was saying then you should have kept your stupid remarks to yourself.

Scaramucci – See Dina Lohan.

Lolo – She’s pretty in a Talking Tina from the Living Doll eppy of Twilight Zone kind of way. 

Finally, Ricky….he is the one that I thought tried to kiil himself years ago, but I was wrong.  Wasn’t he with the Eagles at one point?  Anyway, I liked him.

Co-sign to the Julie Chen Moonves sign on…..it just makes her look like a stupid Stepford wife.

13 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

What in the blue fuckdilly

I knew I should have patented 'Bluedilly fuck'....no you di'in't!!

Oh Snap!.gif

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 5

Dina billed herself same as the  Kardashian agent mom!  Yeah right!  

Go away Tamar your giving me a headache!

I like Kandi.I

Tired of Greens testical and the mooch confuses me being on this show.  Have some pride brother!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Julie needs to ditch the Moonves crap.  She didn't start using it until all of the "issues" arose concerning her husband.  Her continued use of it is just a constant reminder of her husband's "issues".

They're not "issues". They're sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations that got him (rightfully) fired. Let's call it what it is without sweeping it under the rug or dressing it up to sound like less than it is. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I hope he never gets sad, that's going to really bum me out if we see his sad face.

He's in a Hallmark Christmas movie where he's sad for a little bit. But it all works out in the end. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Joey's giving me the William Shatner vibe in that he takes everything so damned seriously.

I certainly don't need to hear him mention how much he needs a private bathroom again.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Forgot to mention, Joey's giving me the William Shatner vibe in that he takes everything so damned seriously.

Exactly!  Self-important with very little sense of humor (particularly in regards to himself) is what I'm feeling from him so far.  That's why I think he reminds me of Ian Ziering when he was on Celebrity Apprentice.  I guess it's still early and maybe he'll loosen up, but he's definitely sending up red flags.  

• Love 1

Didn't realize this premiered last night - doh! So, watched it today. So far no huge opinion on any of them - and thus far it's amusing me. Ok - small opinion tho - Tom Greene would drive me up a wall if he's like he was on the show - all. the. time. Playing his goofy character - I have to believe he's not like that all the time. Please. Jonathon Cupcakes is also on - all the time. Too much over reacting for my tastes so I'm sort of hoping Ryan wins HOH and Jonathon goes on the block. Joey.... Ugh. Joey - I one time had a minor crush on you but MAN... how the cute has fallen. He looks a wee ridden hard put away wet. There are other child actors who aged well - he hasn't. Maybe it's what I perceive as bitterness about what he was known for. Gimme a Break. Blossom. Woah. Embrace it man - don't shame it. He doesn't have to walk around "woah-ing" all the time, but... he doesn't have to act as tho it's a shameful part of his past. Maybe he's an introvert (am one - not hating) - which would explain some of his anti social behavior. I'm not totally against him - but hopefully he warms up at least a bit. If I had to name a "fave" or two - probably Lolo and Kato. At least they seem to enjoy life. Anywhoodle. I'm on board for now - even subscribed to all access for the duration of the show. Hope the live feeds are interesting when they came up. I enjoyed them last during the last US CBB... when they'd drop their airs and just be themselves...

• Love 4

I finally got to watch the premiere. I won't be able to watch most of the episodes live, unfortunately. 

I don't know half of these celebrities, if not more than half, which makes it exciting for me to go in with a mostly unbiased opinion. Even the ones I do know, I'm not so attached where I'd root for them right away no matter what.

It does seem like the initial reactions from the celebs about the other celebs on the stage was genuine. Ryan's face when he saw Lolo was entertaining. Jonathan's reaction to...well, everyone was funny for a bit. 

I don't have a favourite yet, although I assume I will soon. I liked some more than others. I know some of the celebs' histories and don't know others. I've never heard of Kato before this show and watching him here, I think he's alright.

I could take or leave Tom, in all honesty. I know of him, but don't know much about him. I thought some of his lines were funny and some were not. I'm positive I wouldn't be able to stand him in real life, though. He'd be way too much for me.

Tamar's....interesting, to say the least. I know way more about her sister, though. Overall, I'm not a fan. Also, her laugh at one point in the episode sounded like a duck. Did she do voiceover for those Aflac commercials? 

I know of Ryan's past and have had my opinion go up and down on him over the years. Here, he's not so bad. I don't know why I'm not upset at Ryan while watching here. I don't like his past history stuff, but I kind of chuckled at his appearance here.

I don't have much of an opinion about Natalie Eva Marie, nor do I know which name to call her. I guess she's alright, though.  

I really don't like Joey. I had a feeling that I wouldn't, as I always preferred his brothers over him over the many years that I've been watching them but I could never figure out why. Now I kind of understand why. The fact that his intro segment seems like it took place on a soundstage does say a lot. 

I'm most familiar with Jonathan because of Mean Girls and other smaller roles, but he's definitely too enthusiastic and hyper for me to really enjoy. He's exhausting to watch, much like Marissa was last season. I will say his Bug Eyes did crack me up at certain parts, like seeing The Mooch for the first time. I'm also familiar with Dina, and was not really a fan with her here.

So far, I'm alright with Kandi and I like Ricky. I'm confused as to why The Mooch is on the show. He doesn't seem like he fits in and he has to realize that the silly competitions are going to follow him for the rest of his career. He's no entertainer; he's a businessman so that's going to impact his future prospects, I'm sure. It'll be hard to take him seriously when anyone can go online and see him swinging to pour champagne into a cup.

I feel bad for Jonathan about the twist potentially screwing him. He seems enthusiastic about the show while some others (Joey, Dina) don't, so if he goes out first, it'll be a real shame. Then again, I think 90% of BB twists are awful to begin with because their executions are often poorly done. 

So far, though? I'm liking Kandi, Ricky, Kato, Lolo, and potentially Jonathan and Ryan. Everyone else I'm either indifferent to or really don't like. 

ETA: Also, rewatching the Power Pairs competition, I'm surprised it took so long for people to figure out the technique. I guess it's because I loved going on the swings as a kid so I knew immediately how to pump properly to gain distance. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 5

Wow, tough crowd in here!  I know who most of these people are, save for a couple and I'm 41 so maybe it's a generational thing?  I'd like to counter all of the "who knows who so and so is??" to "who DOESN'T know who so and so is?"  Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they're unknown.  Also?  It's BB. Sorry, but they're not going to have Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt in the house, guys.  LOL.

I'm excited for this season, everyone seems pretty entertaining.  Most of the fun in celeb bb is seeing how they all interact with each other and deal with being cut off from the rest of the world and their celebrity perks.   I'm fully on board!

17 hours ago, green said:

Hell I never heard of Lindsay Lohan let alone her mother.

I agree with Dewey Decimate above.  Please evict Bug-Eyed Cupcake Boy first.  Or if I can't have that then please get rid of Gross Genitalia Jokes Comedian.  Those two are actually making The Mooch seem somewhat human in comparison.

Okay if you've never heard of Lindsay Lohan, you don't get to say who is a celebrity and who isn't (I say in fun! This is all fun!)

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I very much doubt they have dry cleaning in the BB house. So I was wondering what else he packed. Are we going to see him in  a T-shirt and sweats or did he bring "business casual" . He just looks so out of place, but then again, he is.

They were married.

2 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Forgot to mention, Joey's giving me the William Shatner vibe in that he takes everything so damned seriously.

He clearly has the biggest ego of the house.  I instantly hated him.  And I LOVED Blossom.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

I certainly don't need to hear [Joey] mention how much he needs a private bathroom again.

Swear to GOD.  Joey kept going on about his need for “bathroom privacy” so much I was shouting at the TV - “FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, WOULD SOMEBODY POINT THIS DIPSHIT IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ‘JACK SHACK’ AND GIVE HIM A SHOVE ALREADY...!?!?”  Geez.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Co-sign to the Julie Chen Moonves sign on…..it just makes her look like a stupid Stepford wife.

The intent is probably the opposite. Keeping it means she can claim she didn't just change her stage name because of the scandal, but that it was something she had planned to eventually do anyway because she was married.

4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Swear to GOD.  Joey kept going on about his need for “bathroom privacy” so much I was shouting at the TV - “FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, WOULD SOMEBODY POINT THIS DIPSHIT IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ‘JACK SHACK’ AND GIVE HIM A SHOVE ALREADY...!?!?”  Geez.

"Whoa." lol. Sorry.

I am more on board with this season than I thought I would be. Really can't stand Lolo, Tamar is annoying, Mooch isn't as entertaining as I thought he'd be, and he and Dina just seem really out of place, and I'm surprised I was kind of OK with Tom, Kato and Ryan. Still rooting for Jonathan and now Ricky, and I don't care how scripted it was, I laughed at the pink Mean Girls line. The rest are OK.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Okay if you've never heard of Lindsay Lohan, you don't get to say who is a celebrity and who isn't (I say in fun! This is all fun!)

Well since I think the term and meaning these days of "celebrity" is pretty silly as are most of these Z List hangers-on people then I thank you for the compliment, heh.

10 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

So.......if the show is only three weeks long, does that mean we only get three HOH's or will production speed up the cycle?

I'm hoping BECB stays and Ryan goes tonight.

No evictions tonight.  Julie said tonight (Tuesday) is nominations and Wednesday is POV.  Then Thursday is Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon I guess because then she said Friday is the first live eviction.

Anyone have a link to the TV schedule like is it on 4 workday nights the rest of the way?  On weekend nights at all?  It is all so compressed for the celebrity version it is hard to  figure it out on the fly.  Last year someone had a link which was really handy to bookmark to use for the time the show was on.

Edited by green
17 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

So.......if the show is only three weeks long, does that mean we only get three HOH's or will production speed up the cycle?

The schedule is sped-up.

7 minutes ago, green said:

Anyone have a link to the TV schedule like is it on 4 workday nights the rest of the way?  

Monday, Jan. 21, 8:00-9:00 PM 
Tuesday, Jan. 22, 8:00-9:00 PM 
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 8:00-9:00 PM
Friday, Jan. 25, 8:00-9:00 PM
Sunday, Jan. 27, 8:00-9:00 PM
Monday, Jan. 28, 8:00-9:00 PM
Wednesday, Jan. 30, 8:00-9:00 PM
Saturday, Feb. 2, 8:00-9:00 PM
Monday, Feb. 4, 9:00-10:00 PM
Thursday, Feb. 7, 9:00-10:00 PM
Friday, Feb. 8, 8:00-10:00 PM (2-Hour Episode)
Monday, Feb. 11, 9:00-10:00 PM
Wednesday, Feb. 13, 9:00-11:00 PM 

I remember last year they told us in advance when the eviction eps were, but they don't seem to have done that this season. Or at least I didn't find a schedule that included them.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Tamar's....interesting, to say the least. I know way more about her sister, though. Overall, I'm not a fan. Also, her laugh at one point in the episode sounded like a duck. Did she do voiceover for those Aflac commercials? 

The husband was in another room but could hear the TV when Tamar did the duck laugh and he came running back into the living room because he thought the cat was choking. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

"Whoa." lol. Sorry.

I am more on board with this season than I thought I would be. Really can't stand Lolo, Tamar is annoying, Mooch isn't as entertaining as I thought he'd be, and he and Dina just seem really out of place, and I'm surprised I was kind of OK with Tom, Kato and Ryan. Still rooting for Jonathan and now Ricky, and I don't care how scripted it was, I laughed at the pink Mean Girls line. The rest are OK.

Didn't he say it wrong, though? It's "On Wednesdays, we wear pink" not "We wear pink on Wednesdays". It's a tiny nit to pick and yet here I am, picking it. Like, it's what made you famous, dude. At least get one of the most iconic lines right. (Watch me be wrong. I always am when it's something stupid like this.)

• Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

Didn't he say it wrong, though? It's "On Wednesdays, we wear pink" not "We wear pink on Wednesdays". It's a tiny nit to pick and yet here I am, picking it. Like, it's what made you famous, dude. At least get one of the most iconic lines right. (Watch me be wrong. I always am when it's something stupid like this.)

I think you're right about the quote, but I don't think he was meaning to directly quote it. Guess they thought that'd be too on the nose lol.

• Love 2

Is it me or does it seem like it's inevitable that Tamar will go all "Bayleigh" at some point here soon?  I get the feeling that her feelings just won't stay bottled up for long.

One other note.... I don't recall anyone looking to team up with anyone from a "game playing" perspective (yes, they paired up for challenges, but that hardly means coordinating game play).  Is it just too early? 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think you're right about the quote, but I don't think he was meaning to directly quote it. Guess they thought that'd be too on the nose lol.

Big Brother? Think that they're too on the nose? After the Russian hacker voice last season? Surely you jest!

Yeah, I figured that they might be worried about a direct quote but at the same time, it's meme status. And you know someone is gonna bust out with a "She doesn't even go here!" at some point after an eviction. 

• Love 1

Tom Green's humour is hit or miss, but he seems like a chill dude so I'm rooting for him. He's Canadian too, so that helps. Kandi seems chill too. I don't really have a feel for the others, but I hope Ryan leaves first. His stunt during the Brazil Olympics is still fresh and the fact that he got a free pass irks me.

Tamar....I feel like she's okay in small doses, but she's also incredibly insecure so I don't know how she'll handle the house. If it's a week where everyone is gunning for her or they don't listen to her, then she's going to create more enemies than friends. That being said, I hope she reveals why she left the Real.

7 hours ago, SHD said:

I think The Mooch got a taste of the spotlight and now craves the attention and exposure.

I just hope he's as entertaining as Omarosa. She seems insufferable, but gosh golly did I cheer for her to win the entire game last season. I don't know if the Mooch is as savvy enough as her, but I secretly hope he is.

41 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The husband was in another room but could hear the TV when Tamar did the duck laugh and he came running back into the living room because he thought the cat was choking. 

In his defense, it wasn't HIS line.

8 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

My 14-year-old daughter was for some reason super annoyed that he was wearing a suit.  She complained more than once about him not wearing "normal" clothes like everyone else.

I don't know what this says about me, but I knew who all of the HGs were except the wrestler.  Said 14-year-old daughter had never heard of most of them, so I kept having to pause the DVR to explain.  The two explanations that took the longest were Kato (she had heard the name O.J. Simpson, but didn't know anything about the story....at all) and Joey (it took some convincing that "whoa" really was a thing).

And she was okay with all of the women wearing evening gowns with stilettos? lol.  I just remember last year that's all Omarosa wore

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I hope the Mooch gets booted early, I don't want to hear any political crap like there was last season.  I think there will be much less political talk with him gone.

I don't think we'll have the political rants with The Mooch,  Omarosa was selling her book last year.

Thought i had quoted a comment about Joey's hair looking sprayed on...he always had such great hair. 

8 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Edited by alegtostandon

Hey everyone. Just to clarify the confusion regarding this Celebrity Edition being under a different letter, this is due to our site's system being organized by letter. Since this celebrity edition's official name is Celebrity Big Brother (US) and not Big Brother: Celebrity Edition, it does fall under C instead of B. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please PM me, @CuriousParker and @Lisin, the Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother mods. Please keep mod actions out of the episode threads. Posts about mod actions have been hidden. 

Thanks!

• Love 2

I was pleasantly surprised by the premiere. I'd heard of most of the celebrities, but didn't know much about most of them, which made last night closer to a regular premiere with the bonus of fewer hammies to keep track of! 

Tone your shit WAY down, stat, or gtfo: Tamar and Jonathan. Tamar had me wishing the backyard had a trampoline, so someone could "accidentally" double-bounce her ass over the wall. 

Boring af, which means we're probably stuck with her for a while: Dina

Most disappointingly chill: the Mooch. But I'm holding out hope he was on good behavior for the first few days, and will crack soon. Re the entry outfit, how quickly we forget Kevin! 

Most surprisingly not annoying: Kato. Although I have to say, to whoever asked if Kato or Ryan is the himbo king, I don't think that word means what you think it means. ;) (Or just use it totally differently than I do??) Also Kandi - I generally have a no tolerance policy for Real Housewives - but she may just have benefitted from comparison to Tamar. 

Please stfu about these specific things: Joey and his bathroom time - which I interpreted as the TMI kind vs the Jack Shack kind, but ymmv - and Lolo and her lack of sex. 

Largely met expectations, plus I like and thus they can stay: Tom, NEM, Ryan, and Ricky. 

Eta: paying forward the help someone gave me last summer... To quote more than one post at a time, vs multiple posts in a row, click the +" vs just the ". Pulls them all into a single edit box, easy peasy. :) 

Edited by IndyMischa
Multi quote info
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hey everyone. Just to clarify the confusion regarding this Celebrity Edition being under a different letter, this is due to our site's system being organized by letter. Since this celebrity edition's official name is Celebrity Big Brother (US) and not Big Brother: Celebrity Edition, it does fall under C instead of B. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please PM me, @CuriousParker and @Lisin, the Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother mods. Please keep mod actions out of the episode threads. Posts about mod actions have been hidden. 

Thanks!

Purely in the interests of transparency - anybody able to read this has already figured shit out.  :D

• Love 1