Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Season Premiere

• Start Topic

Now I wonder if Jonathan's comment about Kato and his hardest head of household was scripted or spontaneous. 

Is it Mooch or Meech?  (jk)

Scaramucci reminds me of what Michael J. Fox's character in that sitcom from the 80s would be like as a grownup. Was it Family Ties?

Tom will be annoying if he keeps on referring to his testicles.

The backyard is cool.

Lolo and Tom, that's a real dream team!

• Love 4

I’m so excited CBB is back! This cast has potential for some awesome trash tv. And I’ve actually heard of everyone except the wrestler.

Even the people I thought I’d dislike made me laugh tonight. (Except Mooch, he can smarm his way out the door first please.) 

I don’t know if they’re just editing Ryan that way or if he’s really that dumb but man did some of his DRs make me laugh. Same with Dina picking Mooch only because she couldn’t remember anyone’s name!

Jonathan is absolutely adorable. His reactions to seeing the other houseguests were priceless. It’s funny, I’ve watched him on the Food Network so many times and never once clued in that he was the guy from Mean Girls. I’ll be so bummed if he loses to Lochte and gets nominated.

• Love 5

Shut up, Joey Lawrence.  I’m not old because I remember you from “Gimme a Break.”

I feel like Ryan is absolutely going to be the one who tries to find his way out.  But we got a “shyeah” in the first segment so I’m happy.

I already loved Jonathan Bennett and have affection for his BF from “The Amazing Race” so I’ll be rooting for him.  His facial expressions are golden.

I also like Rickey Williams although I’m still sad he left the Saints.  He coulda been magic if he was able to stay in New Orleans.

Mooch can fuck on outta here.

Kandi saying “Tamar...is here...” made me laugh.

So Tom is on all the time huh.  It’s already exhausting.

That is too many twists for one evening.

• Love 8

Man, Kato is nothing like I thought he'd be. I guess when you only see someone on the witness stand or discussing a horrific murder, it's not really a reflection of their true personality. Who knew?

I think I'm going to like this season a lot. No outright hate, but I'm neutral for now on some (Hi Mooch!) but I right now like most everyone except Dina.

• Love 6

That competition was dreadful.  So happy they only needed one ball.

New HoH twist.  Ha!  Jonathan being first out the door won't make me sad.  Ryan is dumb as a rock.

Tom Green is already on my last nerve.

Joey looks awful.  

Not a very likable bunch, I hope they are entertaining.

• Love 6

I could watch the HGs frantically pump their legs to not get their swings moving all night. Hee! I wish we would have gotten an "Elapsed - 5 minutes" on the screen or something. I really wanna know how long it took them to get it all together.

So I wasn't a big fan of Natalie Eva Marie (that's going to be annoying to type out all season) on Total Divas but she redeemed herself by telling Kato Kaelin that he was a shitty fan and he should feel bad about how he was trying to cheer them on - both because she was right and because Kato Kaelin is really fucking annoying. Buuut then she lost all of her cool points by saying "I think Blue is literally going to be Pink." As opposed to... figuratively beating them? 

Here's hoping Ryan wins HoH because I'm afraid is Jonathan stays in the house for longer than a week, his eyes might pop out of his head with HOW BIG AND WIDE they always are. You can't be that surprised by everything in life, dude. Drop the Taylor Swift routine.

Julie Chen-Moonves (ugh), what was with the bell bottoms and bat wings? I have no words.

• Love 7

My very first instinct is to root for Jonathan.

Bigger Himbro- Ryan or Kato?  Not sure. That's a very close race. But I'm tempted to say the biggest douchebag is Da Mooch.

I had forgotten how much Tom Green always annoyed me. Haven't thought about him in years, though.

But yeah, Jonathan for the win please.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 7

I accidentally found out this started tonight.  So far I'm fine with Rickey Williams, the woman wrestler, the Olympic swimmer and the Mooch the latter because I like one funny cockroach.

Don't mind so far the Olympic woman and the host guy or whoever that has to battle the swimmer for HOH. 

Don't know how the two black women who are friends and/or enemies will shake out.  They could be really funny or just loud.  Will wait a little on them to decide.  Everyone here seems down on this Kato guy but so far he has been okay.  The bald-headed guy who apparently said whoa once or something is just there for now.

So far can't stand the den mother woman and the food network guy that is always mugging and over the top and won't shut the hell up and the over the top comedian who is as bad as the food guy and who isn't funny.

Edited by green
  • Love 5

I wish they'd saved the "winning pair faces off and loser becomes a nominee" for OG Big Brother, because that's a twist they could use -- with throwing the first HoH comp being a super-fan staple. Before the twist, I hated that two of three super-fans (Tamar and Jonathan) were trying to win the first HoH. They should know better!

And does Ryan Lochte suddenly look like Peyton Manning or is it just me?

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I don’t know if they’re just editing Ryan that way or if he’s really that dumb

Unfortunately he really is that dumb.  Great swimmer and beyond magnificent to watch in the pool though.  

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Julie Chen-Moonves (ugh), what was with the bell bottoms and bat wings? I have no words.

My first thought was that she was trying to give Elvira, Mistress of the Dark some competition.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Jonathan is absolutely adorable.

I'll have to disagree with you there, I know him from nothing but Cupcake Boy needs to dial the bug-eyed open-mouthed shock look back several notches. He reminds me of Chris Kattan's SNL characters. He however is merely a bit over the top compared to Tamar. Damn... she is SO extra, expecially in here near choking on her own tongue gasping/laughing in the living room. She's going to be tough to deal with.

6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Mooch also gives me the impression of a little kid in grownup clothing.

He also has a bit of a Chris Kattan going on facially, but his odd unease in his suit reminded me of Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Unfortunately he really is that dumb.

Co-sign. But I think he's even dumber than that.  Having said that, I think he may have met his match in Kato.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Here's hoping Ryan wins HoH because I'm afraid is Jonathan stays in the house for longer than a week, his eyes might pop out of his head with HOW BIG AND WIDE they always are. You can't be that surprised by everythin

I know! It's like everything shocked him! 

Of course I'm going to watch but it didn't seem like that fun of a group. Maybe they'll loosen up a bit. It could be partly a result of an older cast. They're lower energy and more concerned with not looking ridiculous. 

Tamar seems super annoying. I expected The Mooch to be more humorous. Both Tom and Kato seemed way less annoying than I expected. Dina rubs me the wrong way but I don't know why. 

So mixed feelings about most of them, but obviously I'll keep watching. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Tom will be annoying if he keeps on referring to his testicles.

That's actually "testicle" as he has already referred to them about three times too many. He had episodes of his MTV show dedicated to his having one testicle removed due to cancer. The jokes weren't funny then and aren't funny now. And it's sad he wants everyone to know/remember as if it's his only remarkable trait.

• Love 7

Dina is boring and seems out of her element.

Ryan seems dumb as a box of rocks.

Couple of them are loud and annoying but that's to be expected.

Think there will be some drama with Braxton and her frienemy (what's the other lady's name?).

Joey does look very different. I bet he's a bicycle riding vegan or something to be that thin and chiseled. 

Is Rickey Williams this season's Metta World Peace??? Odd 'on another planet' former athlete. Looking forward to that (remember the ducky in the hot tub scene?)

• Love 3

Yes, Virginia there really is a "Z List"!

My god, who are these people? I have no idea who half of them are! Lindsey Lohan's mother qualifies as a celebrity? This might as well be a BB9 the winter edition reboot with some many unfamiliar people.

Right now there isn't anyone who stands out immediately that I want to root for with the possible exception of the ex-NFL player. He seems like a genuinely decent guy and like what he's dong with his life becoming a Chinese healer. That is cool.

Not sure what was up with the Braxton woman's bizarre expressions/grape eating when Kato was talking. That was....odd.

Anthony's body language when he was in the chair before the comp was announced made him seem so uncomfortable and out of place, it was making ME feel that way.

I was going to puzzle over the blond olympian's clinging to virginity with no sex before marriage in the 21st century but whatever...do what you want babe...don't have the energy to try and figure out what's up with that.

The male Olympian seems like kind of a dick....just sayin'

Having watched last year's Celeb edition I at least know all the fun is going to be in seeing who cracks first and can't cut it not being in the real world as the center of attention and the hero of their own story.

Ending on a positive note I LOVE the look of the house. Currently, I am undertaking a redecorating of my home to add as much art deco furniture and flourishes as possible and I am SO jealous of everything I saw in the motif in the house this year!

• Love 5

It must be hard on Joey Lawrence to have peaked at 16.  Kandi Burris gets annoyed at about everything on RHOA, so I'm not sure how well she's going to do on this.  And, Ryan isn't playing, he's as dumb as a bag of hair.  And, other than the Mooch and Kato, I don't know who the rest of them are.  But, until a better show comes on, this will do.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Joey does look very different. I bet he's a bicycle riding vegan or something to be that thin and chiseled. 

He does look extremely thin. You could be right about his regime. Speaking of which, with so many athletes and "celebs" I'm curious to see how fussy they all are about their diet. I remember last season Elizabeth refusing to eat a specially prepared vegan dish someone made for her because it had a trace amount of sugar or something. I guess you don't get to be famous or win the Olympics without being extreme in some way, but I don't think I could live with someone like that. So far, Tom and Kato seem the least likely to be extreme of all of them, but I could easily be proved wrong. 

• Love 3

It really seems like this season has some serious drama potential.  I think Ricky Williams is the only one that came off as being low-key and kind of sweet.  The rest of them all seem like they are used to being the center of attention at all times and will not like being challenged for the spotlight.  Hopefully it will be a fun ride!  Joey Lawrence is giving me Ian Ziering vibes and that's not a good thing, lol.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Not sure what was up with the Braxton woman's bizarre expressions/grape eating when Kato was talking. That was....odd.

I thought it had to do with Kato's connection to the OJ Simpson events and trial.   It look like she desperately wanted to say something but decided that it was probably better that she didn't and kept stuffing grapes instead.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

He however is merely a bit over the top compared to Tamar. Damn... she is SO extra, expecially in here near choking on her own tongue gasping/laughing in the living room.

That gasp/laugh was so annoying.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I thought it had to do with Kato's connection to the OJ Simpson events and trial.   It look like she desperately wanted to say something but decided that it was probably better that she didn't and kept stuffing grapes instead.

That was certainly the impression that I got, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to be able to tell if they were real-time responses or edited in to make it look that way.  It seems like she has extreme reactions to absolutely everything.

• Love 4

I'm going to have to start watching the Olympics a little closer, that Lolo lady is quite the looker. I think I've heard her name mentioned a few times in the past, but I had no idea what she looked like-- very nice.

But as to this show, I don't know yet. Most of the people seem REALLY annoying ! Especially Tamar, who wants to listen to her for 6 weeks ( or whatever, does it run that long this time ?) Never thought Tom Green was funny, even a little. There are a few who seem all right, but give them time, they will all ruin it before too long !

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, willco said:

that Lolo lady is quite the looker.

I also liked the latex black pants and like 6" heels on the wrestler how you walk in those things I never know! It was so funny all the women were dressed to impress and the guys were in like hoodies and jeans.

ETA: Speaking of clothing, WTF was with nobody having a bag?? That kind of rattled me.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3

Tamara Braxton is going get on my last nerve with that screaming/laughing/tongue thing.

I remember the football player because of his drug tests, remember Joey Lawrence, Kato, , Mooch & Tom Greene but have no idea who anyone else is.  Why is Lindsay Lohan's mom considered a celebrity? 

• Love 6

I'm thinking Tamar's middle name must be Tamar "wish I was Toni even for a day" Braxton.

I guess I'm not up on my celeb siblings. Honestly never heard of her before now.

• Love 7

Ah, the first episode of Big Brother, where I immediately kind of hate everyone for being SO over the top. I hope they calm the fuck down. And yes, Tamar, I’m looking at you.

Kind of a messed up twist for the first HOH. I approve. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, green said:

The bald-headed guy who apparently said whoa once or something is just there for now.

Ha! That’s such a sad but hilarious description. “Whoa!” was his character’s catch phrase. It was a big thing back in the 90s. Hmmmm, maybe I am old for remembering Gimme A Break since there are people who are young enough to not even remember Blossom. 

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Tamara Braxton is going get on my last nerve with that screaming/laughing/tongue thing.

Someone needs to tell her to dial down the attitude. She is beyond annoying. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Here's hoping Ryan wins HoH because I'm afraid is Jonathan stays in the house for longer than a week, his eyes might pop out of his head with HOW BIG AND WIDE they always are. You can't be that surprised by everything in life, dude. Drop the Taylor Swift routine.

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'll have to disagree with you there, I know him from nothing but Cupcake Boy needs to dial the bug-eyed open-mouthed shock look back several notches. He reminds me of Chris Kattan's SNL characters. He however is merely a bit over the top compared to Tamar. Damn... she is SO extra, expecially in here near choking on her own tongue gasping/laughing in the living room. She's going to be tough to deal with.

I couldn't be more thrilled if Cupcake Boy goes on the block and gets voted out, with Tamar right behind him. His overly-practiced gape-mouthed mock-shock face is gonna make my eyeballs roll outta my damn head, while her screeching is an assault to my earballs.

What in the blue fuckdilly was the MoonvesBot wearing? It looked like gramma's coin purses got stapled to her wrists.

Tom Green did have one line that made me laugh: "So how are the grapes?"

All in all, it's fun to be back. The cast has some promise. And please, Santa, Jesus, Buddha - please let the Mooch last long enough to get blasted in the face with condiments while riding a slippery weiner. Or something even more humiliating.

• Love 11

So I ended up watching when I said I probably wouldn't. They really shouldn't call this "Celebrity Big Brother". Most of these people definitely aren't celebrity's. Are we supposed to know Lindsay Lohan's Mom from anything? It's like they went and asked her, but since she's doing some other reality show I saw commercials for they said, okay we'll take your Mom. Don't really care for any of these people yet, but Tom Greene made me laugh out loud a few times. So right now I hope he wins. I feel old I know Joey Lawerence from Blossom. Liked Lolo, purple hair girl, Ricky Williams (just cause I'm a Dolphins fan), dare I say Kato? The rest are a big meh.

• Love 2

Is the Mooch going to stay in that suit for the duration of the show or is he going to be one and done ( as I suspect, he’s not going to waste 6 weeks here, he’s only on for the big reveal and then gone.)?  He really looks so out of place.

• Love 4

Meh.  If you have to explain why everybody is a "celebrity", then they're probably not really celebrities.  I wish it would be just regular folk.  This is going to be a season of C and D list celebrities all trying to top one another at being the loudest, most obnoxious, fighting for the limelight, etc.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I'm sure Tom Green said that at some point.

Dina Lohan actually starred in her own reality series about her managing one of the not-Lindsay kids she has. 

I've seen Jonathan Bennett on a lot of things (all the Food Network stuff, Dancing with the Stars) and near as I can tell, that shocked look is just him. I think he's kind of genuinely amazed that he gets to do all the stuff he's doing. I'd be sad if he went out first. Laughed when Julie said Ryan and JB would have to compete against each other and he muttered, "Please be swimming, please be swimming."

I like this group. I'd been waiting for a US BB and then last year they put Omarosa on, and I couldn't stand to watch it.

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

So I ended up watching when I said I probably wouldn't. They really shouldn't call this "Celebrity Big Brother". Most of these people definitely aren't celebrity's. Are we supposed to know Lindsay Lohan's Mom from anything? ...

Hell I never heard of Lindsay Lohan let alone her mother.

I agree with Dewey Decimate above.  Please evict Bug-Eyed Cupcake Boy first.  Or if I can't have that then please get rid of Gross Genitalia Jokes Comedian.  Those two are actually making The Mooch seem somewhat human in comparison.

• Love 2

That was a terrible first competition, although it's no surprise that the two Olympians were doing well. 

Lolo and the wrestler are beautiful. 

Kato seems harmless so far.    

Kandi is laid back for the time being, but I have a feeling that she and Tamar should go their separate ways and not try to be allies. 

Dina really seems to have no clue what is happening and she probably needs to go, but she is one of those who will probably stick around longer than she should because no one will see her as a threat.  

Ricky seems like a nice, mild-mannered guy right now.   

I think that Tom is very smart, but he is going to annoy everyone in some way.

All in all, it looks like a fun season and I am grumpy that the feeds are not starting until tomorrow. 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, North of Eden said:

The male Olympian seems like kind of a dick....just sayin'

That's Ryan Lochte, who is known more for being a dick than he is for his Olympic medals.  Remember, he was in the group of athletes in Brazil for the Olympics who went to town, got drunk, and concocted a story about being mugged at gunpoint, causing a big deal about the safety of Olympic athletes, and how Brazil was handling security.  The truth came out later, that the athletes were partying till 6 AM, went to a gas station bathroom and vandalized it, destroying property.  Lochte had made up the story about being mugged in order to cover up the fact that they were out all night drinking, breaking the rules.   It was a huge embarrassment, reflecting badly on American athletes at the Olympics.  

US Swimmers embarass their country

• Love 19
1 hour ago, green said:

Hell I never heard of Lindsay Lohan 

The redhead from The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, and Mean Girls rings no bells?

Anyhow, Dina is the spitting image of LiLo.

1 hour ago, green said:

What the heck.  They just hid this under the "C" listings instead of being a Big Brother production.  I NEVER would have found it had I come in 3 hours later.  This makes no common sense at all.  If you watch Big Brother of any flavor it should be under Big Brother.

Less "letter of the law" and more common sense here please.  This is CBS's Big Brother, Celebrity Edition.

Au contraire, it's a minor adjustment at worst. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'll have to disagree with you there, I know him from nothing but Cupcake Boy needs to dial the bug-eyed open-mouthed shock look back several notches. He reminds me of Chris Kattan's SNL characters.

My old lady kept saying Jonathan reminded her of the SNL character Stefan.

6 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

He however is merely a bit over the top compared to Tamar. Damn... she is SO extra, expecially in here near choking on her own tongue gasping/laughing in the living room. She's going to be tough to deal with.

Both Jonathan and Tamar have already made my short list for Preferred First Out.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, mojoween said:

Shut up, Joey Lawrence.  I’m not old because I remember you from “Gimme a Break.”

I feel like Ryan is absolutely going to be the one who tries to find his way out.  But we got a “shyeah” in the first segment so I’m happy.

I already loved Jonathan Bennett and have affection for his BF from “The Amazing Race” so I’ll be rooting for him.  His facial expressions are golden.

I also like Rickey Williams although I’m still sad he left the Saints.  He coulda been magic if he was able to stay in New Orleans.

Mooch can fuck on outta here.

Kandi saying “Tamar...is here...” made me laugh.

So Tom is on all the time huh.  It’s already exhausting.

That is too many twists for one evening.

I had to look up who his boyfriend was, wow I did not recognize Jaymes (sp?) at all. 

6 hours ago, PaperTree said:

New HoH twist.  Ha!  Jonathan being first out the door won't make me sad.  Ryan is dumb as a rock.

Tom Green is already on my last nerve.

Joey looks awful.  

Not a very likable bunch, I hope they are entertaining.

Yeah Joey was really skinny, almost freakishly so.

4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I also liked the latex black pants and like 6" heels on the wrestler how you walk in those things I never know! It was so funny all the women were dressed to impress and the guys were in like hoodies and jeans.

ETA: Speaking of clothing, WTF was with nobody having a bag?? That kind of rattled me.

When I saw Joey I remember thinking to myself, "Why does Joey look like a homeless person."

I knew most of the people I did not know Jonathan and Kandi, I have heard of the rest of them.

I got to say if Lolo is into ugly guys I would love to marry her.  Though she can be a tad bit scary, if any of you saw her on the Challenge you know what I am saying.  She is an arch-competitor. 

Glad to see I still like Tom's offbeat humor.  I really liked the one line where he said something along the lines of beating someone who was a veteran of the cupcake wars.  I laughed at that far more than I should have.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Is the Mooch going to stay in that suit for the duration of the show 

I very much doubt they have dry cleaning in the BB house. So I was wondering what else he packed. Are we going to see him in  a T-shirt and sweats or did he bring "business casual" . He just looks so out of place, but then again, he is.

Agree that Tamar  is already on my last nerve. Don't really care for Tom Green and his ball jokes but I have smiled once or twice at his other humor.  Wasn't he once an "item" with Drew Barrymore?  Or was that another Tom Green? Kato is pleasantly low key for now.  Ryan Swimmer-boy has spent too much time underwater. Totally unpleasant character.   Bug-eyed Cupcake Boy (BECB? Heh, kinda like BEC!) intrigues me on weirdness alone, but I don't remember his name.  Don't know any of the others yet.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2

Oh god, not another virgin. Colton is plenty for me, thank you. At least there's hope this won't be Lolo's defining characteristic.

Good luck finding Mr Right in this house, Lolo. Maybe she can try the Kato Diet. 

• Love 5