Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E13: A Story of More Woe

• Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:09 AM, CrystalBlue said:

I'd definitely go for Donal Logue and I'm a straight female.  😉

It's interesting that despite not being conventionally handsome he has quite the female following on Gotham, reminds me of Dennis Franz on NYPD

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:27 AM, Fellaway said:

White females and usually privileged white females.  There have been a few, this season and last, that had non-white, non-female, non-privileged victims, but not many.  It certainly doesn't look like NYC.

Normally I'd say because they can afford decent lawyers or as the fantasy of the fans but in this case that doesn't apply. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, dttruman said:

Benson has become too much of a victims advocate and it's interfering with her job performance.

I almost want to blame Benson for that attack in the diner. She knew what Brittany was capable of doing, and yet she let her continue "off script" and she was getting angrier and angrier. I am surprised Benson didn't quote herself to Fin (from Remember Me), where victims are entitled to get revenge.

What struck me about that is Benson and Fin get there first whilst the undercovers just sit there, have to have their hero moment?

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:40 AM, ChristiKRN said:

Something tells me that Dr. Al's bank accounts are well-funded, so that if he wanted to significantly cut back on his hours or just retire he easily could.  Being that he is in his fifties, (if you go by his portrayer's age) he may not work the crazy hours that a resident or junior cardiologist work anymore, as many established physicians don't.  He needs free time for the hookers, you know.    

Hey, we've all had shore leave in Amsterdam in our time. 

• LOL 1
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:19 PM, dttruman said:

Wanna bet, if there is a next season. Rollins can't make ends meet, so she has to moonlight as a call girl. She soon learns what they go through and develops a new found respect for them.

I'd love that but the show is far too PC for that to happen, I almost thought it would when she had her gambling problem but she had the insane good luck to bump into an undercover detective.  

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:30 AM, lucindabelle said:

I never believe these plots tv writers are fond of where a teen kills beloved PARENTS because sex.

rhe Americans did it too and I didn’t buy that either.

flawed as he may have been without some more mitigating info he’s the guy who’s been driving them around, tucking them in, reading them stories... 

haed for me to believe she’d kill the dad in such a premeditated way, stage a crime scene. Call 911.

as for the neighbor: color me confused. Are we to believe that he really did love the younger girl and wanted to marry her? When he said “this could be a good thing,” is that where he was going?

Who was that again? I watched The Americans and I don't recall that storyline. 

1.  Okay, knew it couldn't be a stranger murder from the beginning, had to be the girls although I wondered about the neighbour, it would have been a nice twist if he was actually innocent. 

2. Nice scene where Finn and Carisi work their way through the crime scene poking holes in the girl's story, haven't seen them working together like this in a while.

3.  Sorry to see the end of Al, hope he occasionally pops up or is even mentioned like Benson's brother, Finn's son etc, so their world is not the SVU. Does Rollins not tell her mother and sister about all this?

4. What the heck is the point of having the social worker present if she doesn't sit in on the interviews? And when the girls look like they're guilty to say "Stop! They need a lawyer". Although arguably she could have considered it to be in their best interest to plead guilty. 

5. Can someone explain to me WHY Finn has a picture of the neighbour on his phone?

8/10, couldn't find much wrong with this one. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

I almost thought it would when she had her gambling problem but she had the insane good luck to bump into an undercover detective.  

I thought they were writing her out and using this gambling problem and possible corrupt officer as their excuse to do it. It also would have made a lot of sense, but using that convenient "undercover cop" scenario was so unrealistic.

• Love 1

3.  Sorry to see the end of Al, hope he occasionally pops up or is even mentioned like Benson's brother, Finn's son etc, so their world is not the SVU. Does Rollins not tell her mother and sister about all this?

Some of us think he will show up again and I think it will be for a "kidnapping" scenario, even though it's been done before (a la Benson).  As for not telling her mother and sister, I think it was for monetary reasons. Even though it would make too much sense to do so, they probably weren't available or (I am banking on this one), they didn't want to pay them.

4. What the heck is the point of having the social worker present if she doesn't sit in on the interviews? And when the girls look like they're guilty to say "Stop! They need a lawyer". Although arguably she could have considered it to be in their best interest to plead guilty. 

Congratulations you just joined the Observers of the Obvious. Everybody else sees that, except the writers, producers, and probably the members of the "Benson Fan Club".

• Love 1

The Bard might appreciate how, the address on the victim’s    apartment door is 2B, as in “to be or not to be “. The reference to “Hamlet “ ties into the episode's Shakespearean motif, as Dick Wolf productions are diligent with stage design.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

So, just watched this on repeat. Rollins' water broke, she's in the hospital waiting to give birth, she' s talking to Olivia on the phone about the case and wants to go into the office and work?! Come on. Give me a break. I don't care how much somebody loves their work; this is just insane (and that's putting it mildly).