Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: 'Til Mud Do Us Part

• Start Topic

(edited)

Puke will be sporting red rimmed eyes to curry sympathy and manipulate the audience with faux sensitivity...we see you Puke...

Running into the bathroom to make pretend gagging noises...cowardly.

Leaving Kate with the mean words hanging in the air...dastardly...

I will flip a table if Kate spend any of her breath letting him off the hook..Wake up Kate...Puke just excoriated your fragile ego for the sake of his megalomaniacal ego...

Kept on thinking last night that if Ricky Bobby knew what Hipster Puke said to Kate that Bobby would break ranks and have stern words with him about treating his wife so shabbily and to cut the shit or he would kick his ass thoroughly and wipe that smug smirk off his ugly face...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, STRIDER1 said:

Yes that could happen but I dont think anyone would actually blame kate for leaving right then and there under the circumstances. 

The producers could try to make kate look like the bad girl for not wanting to stick around anymore but seriously, after being told that Puke is repulsed by you and feels dead inside.

Do they really expect a girl to persevere and continue to the end of the experiment willingly, knowing that the guy has basically checked out already? God I sure hope not.

People in here have mentioned before that the couples might get a bigger paycheck for sticking it out to the end versus stopping mid-experiment.

Maybe theres come truth to that as kate seems willing to see if things will eventually materialize between them even tho she might have a better chance of winning the lottery, 3 times in a row lol

The producers would have edited that entire moment out though. We would not have known that he said it unless she brought it up somewhere but the producers also control what gets through on Unfiltered. 

And they do expect her to continue on because that is how vile the reality show industry is. Humiliating people, especially women, is their goal. I'm not entirely sure she believes the lines they are feeding her. In the group events she looks miserable when she is watching the other couples getting along and she was stuck with a loser. She knows on some level she was given a crappy match on purpose. 

• Love 15

Unfiltered: Love Can Grow

Panel: JamieO, Kate, Kristine, Pastor Cal

Filler, filler, filler

Yada, yada, yada

Elephant in the room was Puke's mean words to Kate.

Kate watched her bathroom confessional with her head down and hand shielding her face.

JamieO's outrage and modulated words of comfort.

Pastor Cal calling Puke asinine.

Kate very measured in her words because she was told not to give away the farm with what happened next......

• Love 8

Luke - if is so adamant NOW about his "type", (driving me crazy, how he keeps repeating "she's not normally who I would date"), then why wasn't he adamant to the producers about what he needed in the beginning?  He has no tact or class - repulsed & dead inside? First of all, you don't TELL someone that... secondly, those are VERY strong terms - is he coming to terms with realizing he's gay??  THAT'S the vibe I feel like I keep getting from him... OR is he really THAT much of a douchebag??

Kate - She's a very pretty girl, but she does nothing to enhance it.  1) Her hair always looks dry & stringy. I'm sorry, but her wedding day hair looked just awful.  It actually looked the best when they were getting ready to leave the hotel, and she brushed it out - then it looked soft & touchable!  Looks like she's naturally a brunette anyway, she should just go with that....   2) Her clothes are not figure-flattering... and what's up with those shirts she wears to bed?  They look like they're 20 years old & she pulled them out of the dirty laundry pile!  I did like her bathing suit, though...   3) Wedding night, and it's been a long day, & you're not going to shower? Ugh!!  Just my opinion, but I like to get into a clean bed, and be clean & refreshed myself. Wash the day's dirt off. Smell good!

• Love 8
10 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I'm not watching unfiltered..something about Jaimie(?) creeps me out.

It’s been awhile, and she still hasn’t calmed down.  All over the place and still talking about herself.  The show should let her and the three experts go already.  It’s time.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I wonder if he’d be riding his wife like this if he’d been matched with someone he was attracted to. Would he be hounding her about her personal hygiene and diet? Is this specific to his repulsion of Kate or is he just very particular about everything?

He is probably that way about everything. None of his past relationships worked out and then there were the things that his friends said at the wedding. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Even back in "the olden days" I never did all that while working full time.  He did his own laundry, thankyouverymuch.  And we either ate out or brought food in most weeknights.  I cooked on weekends, but I like to cook.  Cleaning was something only I did.  My husband was never a "neatnik".  He made up for it in other ways.

Wait !!!!!  Don’t laugh.  I had no dryer at the time, so hung the clothes on the clothesline, hahahaha.  Bet the young ones don’t even know what that is, lol.  What a dope.  Than goodness I love to cook, so maybe that’s why the husband sticks around. Lol.   (auto correct not working)

• Love 3

Regarding Kate using the filler word "like"...tonight I really paid attention to her segments, and discovered she doesn't pepper her speech with "like" in her TH's. As a matter of fact, during her TH's, her vocal fry is lessened (but not completely gone) and she speaks with more confidence. 

I think all the aforementioned issues with her speech may be triggered when she's feeling nervous, insecure, and especially vulnerable (i.e., when she's talking to Lukewarm, or talking about Lukewarm, like with the other wives after the yoga class)  which makes sense considering how he treats her. Honestly, I can't imagine how it must have felt to hear the other wives talk about how well their husbands treat them, when just hours before her own husband had told her he wasn't attracted to her.

She doesn't feel the same pressure (or potential for judgement) when it's just her, and the production crew.

So I'm willing to give Kate a pass on these things, because I believe they're triggered by specific circumstances relating to her participation in MAFS, and the person selected for her, as opposed to being a part of her normal speech pattern. 

• Love 21
11 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k., so Lukewarm said he liked dark skinned, dark haired women, so they give him a light skinned blonde.  Do they not listen?  

Proof that the "experts" are expert fuckups.  

Then again, look how what's his name from last season got dragged when he said he didn't want a dark skinned woman.  It's like you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

Will has a fear of heights, but Jasmine looks like she has a fear of mud...or something.

Luke - if is so adamant NOW about his "type", (driving me crazy, how he keeps repeating "she's not normally who I would date"), then why wasn't he adamant to the producers about what he needed in the beginning?  He has no tact or class - repulsed & dead inside? First of all, you don't TELL someone that... secondly, those are VERY strong terms - is he coming to terms with realizing he's gay??  THAT'S the vibe I feel like I keep getting from him... OR is he really THAT much of a douchebag??

The man said, flat out that he preferred dark hair, dark eyes.  He dated mixed women, NOT, NOT, NOT blue eyed blondes.  SO the show marries him off to a blue eyed blonde?  WTF?  He's not gay, he's just NOT into blue eyed blondes and unfortunately, he took it out on Kate, which wasn't right.

However, there are many people for whom attraction does NOT grow.  They're either attracted or not.   I think Luke is one of those people.  That is who he is, and because of that he shouldn't have been picked for the show.  The show needs people who can get past initial attraction, and if a person can't, then they just can't.  Just because someone isn't just like you or me, doesn't make them a bad person.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

<snip>

Will has a fear of heights, but Jasmine looks like she has a fear of mud...or something.

When Jasmine was "painting" Will with the mud using the paintbrush, she noticed there were hairs in the mud, and that icked her out because she didn't know who's hairs they were or where they came from (I suspect they were hairs from the brush, but what do I know). That's when she decided no mud for her. 

Personally, that wouldn't have bothered me (I would have assumed they were from the brush, and in any case I'd be washing the mud off in a few minutes). But I know some people are really grossed out by hair for whatever reason, so that was probably where Jasmine was coming from.

Brushes shed, especially cheap brushes. If Jasmine has never painted before, she wouldn't know that. I doubt the resort (or TLC, if they were the ones who set up the mud thing, as opposed to it being a regular activity at the resort) would be buying top-quality brushes for the purpose of mud body painting...

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Changed "... wouldn't be buying" to "would be buying"
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, PupCal said:

So uh how exactly is it 50/50 if your husband pays all the bills?

Did Jasmine get married just to have someone pay all the bills?  She didn't say if she's planning on working or not... splitting the household bills & chores is something that all couples need to discuss - opinions will vary depending on how they were raised.  If the man had a mommy who did everything for him, that may be a problem for a strong woman... a lot of people these days never had to do chores, or don't cook... this is where COMPROMISE comes in - another thing a lot of people don't know how to do! Jasmine doesn't seem like she'll compromise much... just because she saw a hair in the mud, she sat apart from everyone? She still could have used the brush & put some on him...Seemed like something else was up...

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, SandraB said:

If the man had a mommy who did everything for him, that may be a problem for a strong woman... a lot of people these days never had to do chores, or don't cook... this is where COMPROMISE comes in - another thing a lot of people don't know how to do! Jasmine doesn't seem like she'll compromise much... just because she saw a hair in the mud, she sat apart from everyone? She still could have used the brush & put some on him...Seemed like something else was up...

I think Jasmine is kind of spoiled.  However, I think her issue with 50/50 is sort of like this, "I can do bad by myself."

I don't get why so many people these days don't know how to do chores or cook for that matter.  God forbid something should happen and people actually HAD to cook for themselves, I think they'd starve.

Re Luke:  I blame the "experts" for him.  There is something nasty about deliberately setting up a man who tells you what type of woman he's attracted to, with a woman who is the opposite.  In the 80's I knew a white guy who was attracted to caramel skinned Latina women, period.  His parents and others were convinced that was IMPOSSIBLE.  Something must be wrong with him, HOW can he NOT be attracted to white women?  Well, he wasn't.  He married a white woman to please his parents, divorced her and then married a Dominican woman, who he's still married to today.  People like what they like, period end of story.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Regarding Kate using the filler word "like"...tonight I really paid attention to her segments, and discovered she doesn't pepper her speech with "like" in her TH's. As a matter of fact, during her TH's, her vocal fry is lessened (but not completely gone) and she speaks with more confidence. 

I think all the aforementioned issues with her speech may be triggered when she's feeling nervous, insecure, and especially vulnerable (i.e., when she's talking to Lukewarm, or talking about Lukewarm, like with the other wives after the yoga class)  which makes sense considering how he treats her. Honestly, I can't imagine how it must have felt to hear the other wives talk about how well their husbands treat them, when just hours before her own husband had told her he wasn't attracted to her.

She doesn't feel the same pressure (or potential for judgement) when it's just her, and the production crew.

So I'm willing to give Kate a pass on these things, because I believe they're triggered by specific circumstances relating to her participation in MAFS, and the person selected for her, as opposed to being a part of her normal speech pattern. 

I agree. It's usually when people are nervous that those verbal tics come out. It'll probably always happen with Luke because she'll never be fully comfortable around him. He won't allow it.

16 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

The man said, flat out that he preferred dark hair, dark eyes.  He dated mixed women, NOT, NOT, NOT blue eyed blondes.  SO the show marries him off to a blue eyed blonde?  WTF?  He's not gay, he's just NOT into blue eyed blondes and unfortunately, he took it out on Kate, which wasn't right.

However, there are many people for whom attraction does NOT grow.  They're either attracted or not.   I think Luke is one of those people.  That is who he is, and because of that he shouldn't have been picked for the show.  The show needs people who can get past initial attraction, and if a person can't, then they just can't.  Just because someone isn't just like you or me, doesn't make them a bad person.

Did he tell the experts that or did he just say that to the camera? I can't remember. I thought in the clip they showed that he just listed off his previous relationships and one of them was white. The experts still messed up but maybe they didn't know that blonde hair/blue eyes was an absolute deal breaker for him.

5 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

When Jasmine was "painting" Will with the mud using the paintbrush, she noticed there were hairs in the mud, and that icked her out because she didn't know who's hairs they were or where they came from (I suspect they were hairs from the brush, but what do I know). That's when she decided no mud for her. 

Personally, that wouldn't have bothered me (I would have assumed they were from the brush, and in any case I'd be washing the mud off in a few minutes). But I know some people are really grossed out by hair for whatever reason, so that was probably where Jasmine was coming from.

See, that would have grossed me out and probably ruined my appetite for the rest of the day. Count me as one of the people who have a "thing" about hair. Gross.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Then again, look how what's his name from last season got dragged when he said he didn't want a dark skinned woman.  It's like you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

I don't think she has blue eyes, they look dark to me - and she is obviously a natural brunette - maybe the producers thought she could compromise & change her hair color down the road if she was that into him?  There's a difference between having a preference and being totally cold because the other person isn't the exact color you liked in the past.  No, being different doesn't make you a bad person - but being purposely mean does.  Luke didn't have to tell Kate he felt repulsed & dead inside after their kiss.  That was just downright mean.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

<snip>Did he tell the experts that or did he just say that to the camera? I can't remember. I thought in the clip they showed that he just listed off his previous relationships and one of them was white. <snip>

It was when he was being interviewed by Pastor Cal. So yes, it was an "official" conversation with one of the "experts" (I expect part of the screening process, but don't quote me on that).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don't watch the unfiltered stuff either (I don't need 3 hours of this; frankly the show itself is too long at 90 minutes), but the golf and the mud spa were in the regular episode.

On Lifetime?  I don't understand why mine is only an hour.  But I remember this show used to be on another channel as well.

• Love 2

So, neither Keith nor Kristine has a home of his/her own?  I knew Keith lived with family, but I assumed real estate agent/Queen Kristine owned a home.  Did they previously tell us that she lived with family?   

I’m sure lots of people love that generational living lifestyle, but I’d be uncomfortable living with my spouse and my family, and they adore/d both my late husband and my current fiancé; I simply cannot imagine moving a stranger in with my family.  Mind, I’m an introvert who loves her alone time, so I’ve never even lived with anyone other than the aforementioned late Mr Oliver and future Mr Oliver, but still.  Having no place to go to be alone sounds like drama in the making.  

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, princelina said:

On Lifetime?  I don't understand why mine is only an hour.  But I remember this show used to be on another channel as well.

I may have solved the mystery. Are you watching/recording the first run, which is broadcast on Tuesday nights at 8:00 PM EST on Lifetime, or are you watching/recording the *second* broadcast of the same episode, which begins also on Tuesday night at (roughly) 11:00 PM EST?

The first run of the episode has a runtime of approximately 90 minutes, while the second run is a truncated episode clocking in at a runtime of approximately 60 minutes. 

Neither of these include "Unfiltered" - either the "Unfiltered" shown prior to OR after the MAFS episode. The second broadcast at roughly 11:00 PM EST is the one that has scenes cut from the original 90 minute episode.

Honestly, I never noticed this before. But your question made me curious, so I did some sleuthing!

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Additional info
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, CousinOliver said:

So, neither Keith nor Kristine has a home of his/her own?  I knew Keith lived with family, but I assumed real estate agent/Queen Kristine owned a home.  Did they previously tell us that she lived with family?   

I’m sure lots of people love that generational living lifestyle, but I’d be uncomfortable living with my spouse and my family, and they adore/d both my late husband and my current fiancé; I simply cannot imagine moving a stranger in with my family.  Mind, I’m an introvert who loves her alone time, so I’ve never even lived with anyone other than the aforementioned late Mr Oliver and future Mr Oliver, but still.  Having no place to go to be alone sounds like drama in the making.  

I agree - but they're both grownups with jobs - so, day 1, go get yourselves a damn apartment!!

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Here's the rundown...

Love Unlocked: 30 min rehash of last week's 90 min episode

Unfiltered: Repeat of the Unfiltered shown after last week's new episode

New episode: 94 minutes of new content

Unfiltered: Panel reflecting on the new episode just aired

Boiled down... Watch from 9-11pm-ish..check your local listings.....

MAFS was also on the FYI Channel in the way back past.

Your local station is choosing to show parts is parts of the above MAFS block shown every Tuesday...

You can always watch full episodes online.

Unfiltereds are not available online and you will need to DVR or tape them from the basic cable station you are enjoying the show....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Mr. Straycat likes Keith the best because he burps and farts. Men. 

Mr red and I wondered if there is something wrong with Keith's diet. He might have some sensitivities that he is ignoring and assuming he's just gassy. It bugs me though that he's so "hey, I'm about to fart on you. Yay!" about it though. If I knew I had a problem with gas and was going on this show, I would have been trying some remedies ahead of time. In addition, did the windows not work in that car? Why didn't Kristine open her window?

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

You are right.  She looks shorter. Lol

When first married, I worked full time, cooked every night and cleaned.  What the hell was wrong with me?  LMAO.  Maybe that was in the olden days?  Nowadays, that’s unheard of.  I even washed and ironed his shirts.  WTF ???????

I assume you did those things because you wanted to and not just because your spouse expected them and might not decide to remain married to you if you didn't?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

It was when he was being interviewed by Pastor Cal. So yes, it was an "official" conversation with one of the "experts" (I expect part of the screening process, but don't quote me on that).

I rewatched and he never actually said (in this clip) that he was attracted to dark hair and dark eyes in that conversation with Cal. He just listed his previous SOs, mixed, Italian, Brazilian, white and Palestinian. Cal made that joke about the United Nations, Pukewarm said, "Yes, yes. Thank you." And that was it. And he said later that maybe he wasn't clear enough with the experts about his preferences so I wonder if he never explicitly stated to them that he was not down for a blonde/blue eyed girl next door type.

Of course the clip could have been edited because Cal asked, "What is your racial and ethnic preference?" And his answer was to go into who he'd been with previously, which doesn't directly answer the question about his preferences. 

I'm not trying to excuse the "experts." Just searching for clarity.

Dr. Pepper said they were matched because they were both dating the "wrong kinds of people" which is a pretty weak ass reason to throw them together.

• Love 14

Jasmine: "I want a husband who's adventurous."  Freaks out over a brush hair.

Epic camera work on that bike ride.

I think Kate has a cute face and I could even get past her hair and voice but she'd have to stop smoking completely and let me train her at the gym for me to give it a shot.  Also, after making a point of her liking yoga, Kate sucks at it.  Not as bad as Jasmine, though.  After this horrible honeymoon, why is she still planning something for their "anniversary" in that preview clip where she runs to the bathroom to cry?  And what's the deal with Luke running to the bathroom?  That's extraordinarily odd.  It's the first time even I thought he might be gay.

• Love 10

These “ experts “ are so stupid when they make the comments  about why they matched people . They say stuff like , we matched so and so because they both enjoy spending time with their families ... or they matched them because they were both dating the wrong types of people .. are these people for real ? They are all such quacks . 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

He is probably that way about everything. None of his past relationships worked out and then there were the things that his friends said at the wedding. 

I would love to hear from Luke's ex-girlfriends...lol

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Re Luke:  I blame the "experts" for him.  There is something nasty about deliberately setting up a man who tells you what type of woman he's attracted to, with a woman who is the opposite.

I totally agree. The problem though is that it’s not Kate’s fault this happened and his words were unnecessarily cruel. I don’t have a problem with him telling her that she isn’t his type, but it’s a step too far to use the words repulsed and dead inside. That’s on him.

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I rewatched and he never actually said (in this clip) that he was attracted to dark hair and dark eyes in that conversation with Cal. He just listed his previous SOs, mixed, Italian, Brazilian, white and Palestinian. Cal made that joke about the United Nations, Pukewarm said, "Yes, yes. Thank you." And that was it. And he said later that maybe he wasn't clear enough with the experts about his preferences so I wonder if he never explicitly stated to them that he was not down for a blonde/blue eyed girl next door type.

Yes - he said the last woman he dated was biracial - Black and Italian; then there were Brazilian, white, and Palestinian women. When he said white, we now know he meant brunette with dark eyes; it's possible they heard "white" and thought any white woman would do, which doesn't appear to be the case and he doesn't appear to have said "I like white women with brown hair and eyes."

53 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

In the 80's I knew a white guy who was attracted to caramel skinned Latina women, period.  His parents and others were convinced that was IMPOSSIBLE.  Something must be wrong with him, HOW can he NOT be attracted to white women?  Well, he wasn't.  He married a white woman to please his parents, divorced her and then married a Dominican woman, who he's still married to today.  People like what they like, period end of story.  

My best friend's husband is white and once he left home for college, he never dated a white woman again. (He grew up in a white town so his only options for dating in high school were white.) He's dated all kinds of women of color (Black, East Asian, Indian, Dominican, Syrian) but no white women. (My best friend is first-generation Korean-American.)

Also I wondered about the whole "they were both dating the wrong kind of people" thing because other than the races of Luke's exes, I don't remember hearing anything about them and I don't remember hearing anything about Kate's dating life at all. I think they've just focused on Kate's parents' divorce. What was wrong with them? Were they commitment-phobic? Emotionally unavailable? Fundamentally incompatible? If so, how? (Another of my friends used to pick men she was incompatible with so she could find excuses not to commit to them - it was a form of self-sabotage. She's a serial monogamist who is never single very long, but that was her pattern.)

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

These “ experts “ are so stupid when they make the comments  about why they matched people . They say stuff like , we matched so and so because they both enjoy spending time with their families ... or they matched them because they were both dating the wrong types of people .. are these people for real ?

Yes it’s pretty sick. Despite his horrible words I feels bad for both Luke and Kate for being put in this situation by these assholes who will take no responsibility for this disastrous pairing.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Yes it’s pretty sick. Despite his horrible words I feels bad for both Luke and Kate for being put in this situation by these assholes who will take no responsibility for this disastrous pairing.

And you’d think because this happens at least once a season , they’d focus more on the physical than they have in the past . Then again , this is how they get their drama . In a perfect world , people would see past looks , but in most cases ( not all ) , attraction is important . Sure it can grow but it’s not necessarily the case that everyone can look past it . 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

It has been bleached a lot but it looks healthier than Amber's hair did. I think Kate would look better with Auburn hair.

This post gave me a flash of genius idea about something Kate could do if she wanted to to be more appealing to Luke but I smartly read through the entire thread and found that @sandrab has gotten here first ...

1 hour ago, SandraB said:

I don't think she has blue eyes, they look dark to me - and she is obviously a natural brunette - maybe the producers thought she could compromise & change her hair color down the road if she was that into him?  

My partner is not into blondes at all and is the Sonny salt shaker to my Cher pepper mill (ignoring the fact that they split up).  I sometimes think about what would have happened if I were a blonde.  Poor, lonely Cher pepper mill, alone astride the cannon on that ship, wishing she could turn back time.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

He rattled off a list of ethnicities and one of them was "white" so I think the experts took that to mean he wasn't that particular about race and appearance, when in fact he was very particular.  I don't think he corrected them because he didn't want to limit the pool of women they'd have to choose from.  But in this type of situation, if you're that particular you have to be very specific, not just let them think you date all types of women because you like everybody.

11 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I wonder if he’d be riding his wife like this if he’d been matched with someone he was attracted to. Would he be hounding her about her personal hygiene and diet? Is this specific to his repulsion of Kate or is he just very particular about everything?

11 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

There's something I just have to get off my chest.

Again tonight on 'Unfiltered,' they pointedly used Jamie (and Doug) as their "proof that love can grow". They pointedly said it to Kate, after she told them what was going on with Puke.

I don't have every single couple they've ever had on MAFS memorized, but I know that Jamie and Shawniece are their only two long-term examples of women who didn't have mutual attraction at first, but eventually "fell in love". ...And frankly, both of those women 'settled'. Jamie settled for an OK guy who wasn't "Mr. Right," but at least he was "Mr. Right Now On National TV". (Jamie got a nice little TV job out of it.) 

As for poor Shawniece... I feel sorry for her. All she got out of it was a baby whose Daddy loves his child even though he doesn't love her, and never will. 

11 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

I don't get Kate. I would be turned allllllllll the way off after what Luke said and did. I would be done. But it still seems like she's simpering for a chance between them. And she's so calm. Is she okay?

10 hours ago, 2727 said:

Either way = contemptible douche.

Naturally, I take it all back if Luke specified during his auditions that his dealbreakers included: putting a hand on him while dancing, not showering before bed, wanting to kiss, drinking more than one cup of coffee, not liking sloths, not brushing after every meal, not eating yogurt for breakfast, having blond hair and pale skin, etc. 

Because everyone's dying to be married to this person: "You going out like that?"

8 hours ago, valdawn said:

Luke not being attracted to Kate is ok. Not everyone thinks everyone is attractive and that’s ok. What’s not ok is telling someone  you are basically repulsed by them. Kate has done nothing to him to deserve that kind of treatment. He is just a mean person and the things he said in his talking heads make it seem like he’s so resentful he didn’t get whatever fantasy he thought he was going to and he’s taking that anger/disappointment out on her which is not fair at all. But besides that, he’s basicalky just a total douche bag and I’ve never seen the word douche fit someone so perfectly as it does him. 

5 hours ago, STRIDER1 said:

Yes that could happen but I dont think anyone would actually blame kate for leaving right then and there under the circumstances. 

The producers could try to make kate look like the bad girl for not wanting to stick around anymore but seriously, after being told that Puke is repulsed by you and feels dead inside.

Do they really expect a girl to persevere and continue to the end of the experiment willingly, knowing that the guy has basically checked out already? God I sure hope not.

People in here have mentioned before that the couples might get a bigger paycheck for sticking it out to the end versus stopping mid-experiment.

Maybe theres come truth to that as kate seems willing to see if things will eventually materialize between them even tho she might have a better chance of winning the lottery, 3 times in a row lol

1 hour ago, SandraB said:

I don't think she has blue eyes, they look dark to me - and she is obviously a natural brunette - maybe the producers thought she could compromise & change her hair color down the road if she was that into him?  There's a difference between having a preference and being totally cold because the other person isn't the exact color you liked in the past.  No, being different doesn't make you a bad person - but being purposely mean does.  Luke didn't have to tell Kate he felt repulsed & dead inside after their kiss.  That was just downright mean.

29 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Of course the clip could have been edited because Cal asked, "What is your racial and ethnic preference?" And his answer was to go into who he'd been with previously, which doesn't directly answer the question about his preferences. 

Dr. Pepper said they were matched because they were both dating the "wrong kinds of people" which is a pretty weak ass reason to throw them together.

As a woman of color, the blue eyed blonde is such the default standard of beauty in American society that it almost baffles people when that is not true. I feel like in my own community when a successful man of color marries a woman who is not  light skinned, mixed, or of another ethnicity people actually comment about it. There is such a bias that lightness equals femininity that it is even prevalent in cartoons. The Last Airbender is one of the few cartoons where the protagonist actually liked a female that was darker than himself.

That being said, Luke does not have a right to treat Kate like he does, attraction or not. I hate to see her beat down because this man will never be into her.

Luke either lied about how picky he was in order to get the $25k, that they probably only get if they stay married through the whole show, with probably a bonus for decision day. The other thing is probably the experts did not care about his preferences and just wanted the drama. Probably a combination of both.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think production films what they want to portray be it good or bad for drama.  A.J. didn’t seem too bad to me when he didn’t want to do the exercise with the camera.  He has the right to get pissed once in awhile .. it’s only natural.  He can’t be “up and jolly” all of the time.  I didn’t get the mud thing anyhow, unless the mud was therapeutic.  I don’t blame Jasmine.  It didn’t make sense to me.  I’m glad the Pastor stuck up for Kate.  I can’t even look at that slimeball Luke’s face at all, with that condescending smirk.  Why she is still there, I have no idea.  Maybe she needs the money?  He is pissed because he didn’t get a black or Latino woman, period.  That’s the experts fault 100 percent.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, red12 said:

I assume you did those things because you wanted to and not just because your spouse expected them and might not decide to remain married to you if you didn't?

Right.  He never expected anything.  It’s what my Mother did, so I automatically did too.  Monkey see, monkey do.  It’s no biggie for me anyhow.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Let's remember, too, that this show is supposed to be an "experiment".  Can 2 people being paired only because they have the same family values overcome initial attraction issues and actually GROW? I know that I, myself, prefer tall, dark & handsome, but there is NO WAY I'd turn down a light skinned/haired/eyed man, if he was nice, AND A GOOD PERSON...and I KNOW there have been times when I initially didn't feel an attraction, but the more I got to know the person, the more attractive I found him... it's called being OPEN MINDED!!!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

It wasn't during the original episode when they were screening for possible mates for the show. I know that Luke described 3 of his exes during that process (on camera) and all of them were at least half something besides Caucasian. [And I know that the reason some people think Luke told them one of his exes was 'white,' is because Luke likes to speak with loooong pauses. [Luke told Pastor Cal that one of his 'exes' was "white.              ....And Palestinian".]

However, Luke did say that he was attracted to "brunettes and...       dark eyes". It was during the most recent "Unfiltered," and I can't remember if it was in conversation or just a "talking head".

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 7

YES, I swear, I'm getting the gay vibe too, cuz, in general, what guy has ever turned down kissing & having sex with a pretty girl, even tho she's not their perfect type?  His reaction was EXTREME - a kiss is just a kiss - repulsed, and dead inside??  That's some harsh, harsh sh*t... something is just up with him...

(this was supposed to be a reply to Jack Sampson's comment - I hit the reply thingy, but it didn't include his comment...)

Edited by SandraB
left something out...
  • Love 5

No "preference or non-preference" prevents Lukewarm from being polite. End of story.

And I know of a bridge to sell to anyone who bought his Shy-Victorian-Maiden "I can't kiss in front of people" routine. Was he drugged when he signed the TELEVISION contract?

While I'm here, let me add that the visit to the sloth exhibit was the show's attempt (IMO and in retrospect) to placate the up-SET Lukewarm the Sloth-Lover.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Is it my imagination or was Will checking out Kristine when she was in the water ?

That's what it looked like to me.  It also looked like Jasmine was giving her the stink eye.  I think that's why she didn't want to get in the water.  She was pissed looking at Kristine's body and didn't want to show hers.  

• Love 7

Keith annoyed me with his expectations about how women should do the cooking. There is no excuse for an adult to be unable to cook a decent meal for themselves and their spouse or family. I don't care if the women in his family didn't let him help in the kitchen when he was growing up. As an adult he has made a choice not to learn a basic life skill. Cooking is different than other household chores or duties. It is a daily or almost daily thing and it is different than doing yard work once a week.  His attitude about this could eventually be what kills things for Kristine. She might be attracted to him in the early days on the honeymoon but him having ridiculous expectations has the potential to spoil her initial feelings of attraction. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k., so Lukewarm said he liked dark skinned, dark haired women, so they give him a light skinned blonde.  Do they not listen?  

Their rationalization is always something like, "We paired Luke with Kate, exactly because she's physically different from women he's dated in the past. That has not worked out for him. We think their personalities are perfect for each other, and he will eventually become physically attracted to her." 

• Love 10

Didn’t AJ cry when he was upset about the homework? Maybe he’s afraid he’s letting his “issues” show too soon.  He’s got crazy eyes and I think his insecurity is going to manifest in anger and jealousy and with time criticism of Stephanie and the honeymoon will be over. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I admit that although I felt for Kate, I didn't think much of her for thinking there was a solution to this - like time. If someone kisses you and states it made them feel "repulsed and dead inside" the only solution is to pack your shit and leave. 

I agree. Like I said before, it's like Jon and Molly. No one should stay with someone who says "you're disgusting and you make my skin crawl." For what? People deserve better. Why would you want to be with someone you had to talk into it? Even if the person does come around, "I'm not repulsed by you anymore!" is not a ringing endorsement. Like ... yay? I have my pride. If kissing me repulses you, we won't be kissing again. I don't know how much they get paid for this (I have never believed the $100K figure that gets thrown around, and I still don't) but it's not worth it. It's going to be really depressing if Kate spends the rest of this time hoping he'll come to his senses. This is DOA.

7 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Didn’t AJ cry when he was upset about the homework? Maybe he’s afraid he’s letting his “issues” show too soon.  He’s got crazy eyes and I think his insecurity is going to manifest in anger and jealousy and with time criticism of Stephanie and the honeymoon will be over. 

No, I don't think he did. Stephanie cried at his response to having to do the homework.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 13

I have been actually repulsed in an intimate situation and went to some lengths to try and hide my reaction until I could politely get the guy out of my house and tell him the next day that I didn't think we were a good fit. And that was a naked situation, not a kiss. And we weren't MARRIED. And even if I had told him what I was really thinking, ZERO people were watching. Jesus. How cruel do you have to be?

On a completely unrelated note, I was stunned to see how petite and perky Kate looked in her bathing suit. It really illustrated how bad a lot of her other choices were -- especially the wedding dress. It added 40 pounds to her frame. She has a cute figure! I'd never have known.

• Love 22