Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: 'Til Mud Do Us Part

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke also has horrible speech, no tact, is far from an adonis, terrible haircut, and is a douche.  So he has no room to judge on several things you just listed. 

Absolutely agree. And his are beyond repair

• Love 17

The production on this show and all seasons has always been so bad.

Tonight when Dr. Pepper is talking the screen says "Dr. Jessica Griffin". Don't they have producers watch the episode before it airs?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I'm not watching unfiltered..something about Jaimie(?) creeps me out.

I have tried to watch it over and over and I cannot stand her. So I’m not watching it either. 

• Love 3

Pastor Call on 'Unfiltered,' really piling on the BS after talking to Kate and discussing AJ not wanting to do "homework":

"Well, if you can handle all the stress of this right now [production hassling you in the middle of a kiss shared on a hammock, insisting you have to do your homework immediately]....

then think of how that will help you in marriage when the cameras are gone..."

Such a smelly pile of bovine waste.  That producer could've waited a couple of minutes, and could've been more polite about the timing!

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k., so Lukewarm said he liked dark skinned, dark haired women, so they give him a light skinned blonde.  Do they not listen?  

He rattled off a list of ethnicities and one of them was "white" so I think the experts took that to mean he wasn't that particular about race and appearance, when in fact he was very particular.  I don't think he corrected them because he didn't want to limit the pool of women they'd have to choose from.  But in this type of situation, if you're that particular you have to be very specific, not just let them think you date all types of women because you like everybody.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I think Kate needs a reality check. What chemistry is she speaking of between her and Luke? He must have let her borrow his toothpaste. 

So long as she doesn’t rub her toothbrush against the tube . Cuz then he’d get cooties 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Mr. Straycat likes Keith the best because he burps and farts. Men. 

Mr. Yeah No thinks it's immature, especially only a week into a relationship with someone to be making a "thing" out of your bodily functions, and I agree with him.  To me it would be a total turn off.  Once again I know I married the right person.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, PupCal said:

Something about AJ freaks me out. It feels like he's too intense. Maybe it's too many ID show marathons but he feels off to me,

He’s probably insecure within himself and makes jokes to cover up.  He’s too hyper.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I didn’t really have an opinion of Kate’s hair before this episode, but now I just hate it.  It looks really really dry and parched.  It doesn’t have any movement or shine at all.

It looks unwashed.  The way she told lukewarm in the car “no mud” in her hair, the way it looked at yoga, etc....I don’t think she had washed it. 

He did make a big deal about the tooth brushing.  And the strong hint about it when they were talking in the morning.  Maybe he has a phobia or something?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

He rattled off a list of ethnicities and one of them was "white" so I think the experts took that to mean he wasn't that particular about race and appearance, when in fact he was very particular.  I don't think he corrected them because he didn't want to limit the pool of women they'd have to choose from.  But in this type of situation, if you're that particular you have to be very specific, not just let them think you date all types of women because you like everybody.

I wonder if he’d be riding his wife like this if he’d been matched with someone he was attracted to. Would he be hounding her about her personal hygiene and diet? Is this specific to his repulsion of Kate or is he just very particular about everything?

• Love 14

There's something I just have to get off my chest.

Again tonight on 'Unfiltered,' they pointedly used Jamie (and Doug) as their "proof that love can grow". They pointedly said it to Kate, after she told them what was going on with Puke.

I don't have every single couple they've ever had on MAFS memorized, but I know that Jamie and Shawniece are their only two long-term examples of women who didn't have mutual attraction at first, but eventually "fell in love". ...And frankly, both of those women 'settled'. Jamie settled for an OK guy who wasn't "Mr. Right," but at least he was "Mr. Right Now On National TV". (Plus, Jamie got a nice little TV job out of it.) 

As for poor Shawniece... I feel sorry for her. All she got out of it was a baby whose Daddy loves his child even though he doesn't love her, and never will. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 13

Something about Will is bothering me.  I think he's covering up being a bit of a misogynist.  Call it my gut instinct.  The way he almost sneers at Jasmine and keeps bringing up her doing housework tells me he's no enlightened male.  I don't blame her for saying she'll do the cooking and cleaning if he pays all the bills.  When he said he wanted to split the bills down the middle it's obvious to me he assumed Jasmine would do that PLUS do all the housework and cooking.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:
31 minutes ago, PupCal said:

Something about AJ freaks me out. It feels like he's too intense. Maybe it's too many ID show marathons but he feels off to me,

He’s probably insecure within himself and makes jokes to cover up.  He’s too hyper.

I notice that his negative reaction to the "homework" shook Stephanie enough to make her cry.  She said it was just frustration but I think there's more to it than that.  She knows he has issues but she's determined not to let them bother her, only they are bound to really get to her one of these days soon.  If it can bother her to tears on the honeymoon, I can just imagine how his behavior will get to her when they're back to real life.  He'd exhaust a saint.  I also noticed how the show didn't feature their "homework" segment.  Perhaps he flat out refused to do it or he came off looking really bad in it.  He's a roller coaster ride of emotions.  Probably needs medication.

• Love 15

By the way, I thought the tops Jasmine wore in this episode were very flattering to her arms.  I can tell she's somewhat self conscious about her appearance, and I feel for her because I go through that myself.  I didn't blame her for being concerned about the hygiene in the water, but when I was her age I probably wouldn't have cared especially if I was with a hot guy I wanted to get physically close to.  I actually don't sense that she and Will are all that into each other.

• Love 9

I feel bad for A.J...  I mean, it's gotta be tough laying in a hammock and talking to a camera for 5 seconds with a pretty girl in your arms on a beach in an all expenses paid paradise vacation.  I'm sure we can all relate.  POOR GUY. 🤔

Just do the damn homework; you already say cringey things all day long so regurgitate it.  You do know when you go back home it's 8 hours of work then filming til 10pm right?

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, Marsh said:

Hmm Dr. Blondie looks different today.

IMG_20190122_222924560~2.jpg

You are right.  She looks shorter. Lol

31 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Something about Will is bothering me.  I think he's covering up being a bit of a misogynist.  Call it my gut instinct.  The way he almost sneers at Jasmine and keeps bringing up her doing housework tells me he's no enlightened male.  I don't blame her for saying she'll do the cooking and cleaning if he pays all the bills.  When he said he wanted to split the bills down the middle it's obvious to me he assumed Jasmine would do that PLUS do all the housework and cooking.  

32 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

When first married, I worked full time, cooked every night and cleaned.  What the hell was wrong with me?  LMAO.  Maybe that was in the olden days?  Nowadays, that’s unheard of.  I even washed and ironed his shirts.  WTF ???????

• Love 7
8 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

I don't get Kate. I would be turned allllllllll the way off after what Luke said and did. I would be done. But it still seems like she's simpering for a chance between them. And she's so calm. Is she okay?

8 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Again tonight on 'Unfiltered,' they pointedly used Jamie (and Doug) as their "proof that love can grow". They pointedly said it to Kate, after she told them what was going on with Puke.

I don't have every single couple they've ever had on MAFS memorized, but I know that Jamie and Shawniece are their only two long-term examples of women from couples who weren't  mutually attracted at first and then eventually "fell in love".

...And frankly, both of those women 'settled'. Jamie settled for an OK guy who wasn't "Mr. Right," but at least he was "Mr. Right Now On National TV". (Jamie got a nice little TV job out of it.) 

As for poor Shawniece... I feel sorry for her. All she got out of it was a baby whose Daddy loves his child even though he doesn't love her, and never will. 

Kate believes what the 'experts' are telling her. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Marsh said:

I feel bad for A.J...  I mean, it's gotta be tough laying in a hammock and talking to a camera for 5 seconds with a pretty girl in your arms on a beach in an all expenses paid paradise vacation.  I'm sure we can all relate.  POOR GUY. 🤔

Just do the damn homework; you already say cringey things all day long so regurgitate it.  You do know when you go back home it's 8 hours of work then filming til 10pm right?

He reminds me of the stereotypical "baby of the family" that was overindulged by his mother.

17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

When first married, I worked full time, cooked every night and cleaned.  What the hell was wrong with me?  LMAO.  Maybe that was in the olden days?  Nowadays, that’s unheard of.  I even washed and ironed his shirts.  WTF ???????

Even back in "the olden days" I never did all that while working full time.  He did his own laundry, thankyouverymuch.  And we either ate out or brought food in most weeknights.  I cooked on weekends, but I like to cook.  Cleaning was something only I did.  My husband was never a "neatnik".  He made up for it in other ways.

21 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Kate believes what the 'experts' are telling her. 

On "Unfiltered" I think she just repeats what they tell her to say because she doesn't want to reveal what happens in future episodes.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

If that's A.J. mad, I don't think it's such a big deal.

Exactly.  But Dr. Jessica did her job and managed to pick a fight between a couple who was getting along, so yay! I guess.

55 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I notice that his negative reaction to the "homework" shook Stephanie enough to make her cry.  She said it was just frustration but I think there's more to it than that.  She knows he has issues but she's determined not to let them bother her, only they are bound to really get to her one of these days soon.  If it can bother her to tears on the honeymoon, I can just imagine how his behavior will get to her when they're back to real life.  He'd exhaust a saint.  I also noticed how the show didn't feature their "homework" segment.  Perhaps he flat out refused to do it or he came off looking really bad in it.  He's a roller coaster ride of emotions.  Probably needs medication.

I thought they did when he was explaining (badly) that he was afraid of upsetting her by being a baby about things (I paraphrase).  But what I have NOT seen is the guys golfing and drinking beer, Jasmine being a bitch at the mud spa, and last week them having a group dinner together.  I also noticed that the times posted upthread gave it a 90 minute running time and mine was only an hour.  What channel are you all watching this on?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

Exactly.  But Dr. Jessica did her job and managed to pick a fight between a couple who was getting along, so yay! I guess.

I thought they did when he was explaining (badly) that he was afraid of upsetting her by being a baby about things (I paraphrase).  But what I have NOT seen is the guys golfing and drinking beer, Jasmine being a bitch at the mud spa, and last week them having a group dinner together.  I also noticed that the times posted upthread gave it a 90 minute running time and mine was only an hour.  What channel are you all watching this on?

Are you in Canada? I think someone said they don't get the unfiltered segment there....

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

Is this specific to [Luke's] repulsion of Kate or is he just very particular about everything?

Either way = contemptible douche.

Naturally, I take it all back if Luke specified during his auditions that his dealbreakers included: putting a hand on him while dancing, not showering before bed, wanting to kiss, drinking more than one cup of coffee, not liking sloths, not brushing after every meal, not eating yogurt for breakfast, having blond hair and pale skin, etc. 

Because everyone's dying to be married to this person: "You going out like that?"

• Love 21

I think Luke was upset that she didn’t remember him at speed skate and is now passive aggressively getting back. He’s kind of juvenile anyway.  His humor is childish. He’s a jerk. Hope he gets over it.  

Also, there’s a reason some of these people are still single.   And ... I. Wonder about Luke?she said it - he seems to put up a wall.  Most guys can enjoy kissing an attractive woman. Something’s off.  

Edited by Ms.C.
More thoughts
  • Love 11

Run, Kate, RUN! It’s not ever going to happen. I agree with Dr. Pepper that attraction can grow, but only if a modicum of attraction exists to begin with. That’s not going to occur when you are starting from “repulsed”....

While I appreciate Keith’s willingness to be active for Kristine, enough with the cooking! He’s like a broken record about it! I think they are cute together though, but we’ll see what happens once they get back to reality......

AJ and Steph are winning. The homework drama was a big ball of nothing. 

Will and Jasmine are boring. I don’t care about the gender roles, fear of heights, mud cleanliness. They are just boring to me, and I can’t figure out why. Will did the homework exactly how a financial analyst would: he made a list. It was very cut and dried - all that was missing was the spreadsheet.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, valdawn said:

Luke not being attracted to Kate is ok. Not everyone thinks everyone is attractive and that’s ok. What’s not ok is telling someone  you are basically repulsed by them. Kate has done nothing to him to deserve that kind of treatment. He is just a mean person and the things he said in his talking heads make it seem like he’s so resentful he didn’t get whatever fantasy he thought he was going to and he’s taking that anger/disappointment out on her which is not fair at all. But besides that, he’s basicalky just a total douche bag and I’ve never seen the word douche fit someone so perfectly as it does him. 

Accurate. Running for the bathroom after a quick kiss? What a drama queen. I wish that would have been captured by the cameras.

RUN-AWAY.gif

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Marsh said:

These scenes take a long time to film. I remember reading about how the rose ceremonies on the Bachelor take hours to film even though the scene is short.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Because she would have been edited into the villain.

Yes that could happen but I dont think anyone would actually blame kate for leaving right then and there under the circumstances. 

The producers could try to make kate look like the bad girl for not wanting to stick around anymore but seriously, after being told that Puke is repulsed by you and feels dead inside.

Do they really expect a girl to persevere and continue to the end of the experiment willingly, knowing that the guy has basically checked out already? God I sure hope not.

People in here have mentioned before that the couples might get a bigger paycheck for sticking it out to the end versus stopping mid-experiment.

Maybe theres come truth to that as kate seems willing to see if things will eventually materialize between them even tho she might have a better chance of winning the lottery, 3 times in a row lol

• Love 9

I'm only 2 minutes in,  but....

First night going to bed,  Lukewarm basically tells Kate to shower. 

Now,  he wakes up and basically tells her to brush her teeth.

Both times he pretends he's only interested in her schedule,  as in,  "Do you....before or after?" 

If his passive-aggressiveness had guts,  he'd just say, "You stink, but I want the paycheck."

I loathe Lukewarm.  😠

As for Queen Kristine on the bicycle:  If marriage to Keith doesn't pan out,  there's always the cameraman. 😉

Sorry,  Jasmine,  but you got a lazy man in Will. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, princelina said:

No - I just don't watch it.  Thanks :)

I don't watch the unfiltered stuff either (I don't need 3 hours of this; frankly the show itself is too long at 90 minutes), but the golf and the mud spa were in the regular episode.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

By the way, I thought the tops Jasmine wore in this episode were very flattering to her arms.  I can tell she's somewhat self conscious about her appearance, and I feel for her because I go through that myself.  I didn't blame her for being concerned about the hygiene in the water, but when I was her age I probably wouldn't have cared especially if I was with a hot guy I wanted to get physically close to.  I actually don't sense that she and Will are all that into each other.

Again with the arms. Not everyone is concerned about how big or small their arms are, and especially how others judge them.

Something that is being overlooked in the Jasmine/water/mud thing is her hair. A lot of black women don’t want to get their hair wet and certainly not get mud in it. Hair washing and styling is not a trivial process. Either Jasmine has a weave or natural hair and neither is just snap-your-fingers easy. Kristine probably doesn’t care because her weave is already terrible lol

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

Again with the arms. Not everyone is concerned about how big or small their arms are, and especially how others judge them.

Yes - has Jasmine ever actually said she's self-conscious about her body? Maybe she likes the way she looks! (She should!)

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yes - has Jasmine ever actually said she's self-conscious about her body? Maybe she likes the way she looks! (She should!)

...Then again, I've also been reading about how Kate is "a little chubby" --which in my opinion she is not.

Some people just gotta snark.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Puke crying after telling Kate he wasn’t attracted to her was emotionally manipulative because he forced her to comfort him.

Total dick move.

Puke made it all about making him feel better about being a total jerk off.

Too befuddled, Kate let him off the hook.

She needs to rally and let him have it with both barrels.

And she said he went into the bathroom, sounded like he got sick. 

I cant stand his pretentious hipster vibe.  Ugh.  

• Love 22
7 hours ago, 2727 said:

Either way = contemptible douche.

Naturally, I take it all back if Luke specified during his auditions that his dealbreakers included: putting a hand on him while dancing, not showering before bed, wanting to kiss, drinking more than one cup of coffee, not liking sloths, not brushing after every meal, not eating yogurt for breakfast, having blond hair and pale skin, etc. 

Because everyone's dying to be married to this person: "You going out like that?"

No doubt. I wonder if this is just how he is in relationships. Does he treat people like this on a regular basis? That constant passive aggressive questioning would chip away at anyone’s self esteem. How could she ever attempt to kiss him again without flashing back to this moment? 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Luke not only doesn’t like Kate, he is sincerely repulsed by her. While he is a jerk, I can totally see her be unattractive despite the few doll-like features she has. The smoking (gross!), her speech, hair, flabbiness overall, monotonous boring “he doesn’t like me”...Sorry, Kate. On the bright side, these are all fixable and she has potential. Luke...a jerk is a jerk. With a smirk. 

Yes and, she doesn’t strike me as the brightest bulb.  I think he’s really into speech and grammar and her misses make him cringe a little on the inside.  He pointed it out when she said “respectable” instead of “respectful” and I could see a little cringe when she said “it could have went...”  Yet, he doesn’t have to be cruel.

Also totally understand Jasmine and the hair thing.  That would gross me out too.  I hate seeing hair on the bathroom floor or in the tub even though I know it’s mine!  Seeing someone else’s can completely ruin a hotel stay.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 12