Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Sara Lance: The Canary Rises In White

9 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I just find it weird how silent the producers and Caity are about this.

The producers are quiet, but Caity liked this article on Twitter, FWIW. 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Is Sara immortal now?  She had a hole straight through her skull. But Bishop was going to incinerate her. So she's not like Deadpool, she can be killed or does Bishop not know what he created.

I feel like if you can kill her faster than she can regenerate, then she could be killed. But Sara seemed to be shocked at getting shot in the head, and showed no signs of pain when she was then shot multiple times. I know we've seen that she has a high tolerance for pain back on Arrow, but this is on another level. Did Bishop dial her pain receptors down completely, like he did with himself?

On 6/21/2021 at 2:01 PM, Starfish35 said:

I think in the world of DC’s Arrowverse, it’s been pretty clear that a person has a “soul” that is separate from simply their body and their memories.  Sara and Oliver had to have their souls reunited with their bodies after being resurrected in the Lazarus Pits.  The use of the “soul coins” last season was a plot point.   So I think it’s valid to ask whether or not this is the Original!Sara’s soul in the new clone body, or if it’s a new soul with a copy of Sara’s memories.  

Whether or not the show will address this is another question.  There was a time when I would have assumed they would, but I’ve lost quite a bit of faith in the writers over the last couple of seasons, especially with anything in regards to Sara.

There is still a part of me, however, that wonders whether they might eventually reveal that Original!Sara is actually still alive.  But I’m not holding my breath on that either.

Now that the season finale has aired, I’m bringing this over here to ask:  Did they ever address it again?  Or was it just all forgotten?  I’ve been scanning the episode threads, so I know there was some weird thing about Bishop having some of Sara’s DNA, but it doesn’t sound like they ever did anything further with the idea of whether this is OG Sara in a new body, or a new Sara altogether.  Apparently there was no shock revelation of OG Sara still being alive, though.

Why would they address it? Sara is not an important character. I haven't watched past the western ep are Sara's healing powers ever used again or talked about?

Or did they just kill off OG Sara for no reason other then to make her a clone like their precious Ava. With Sara still not allowed to have any thoughts about being an Alien clone, while making sure for the 100th time that Ava's okay with being a clone. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Now that the season finale has aired, I’m bringing this over here to ask:  Did they ever address it again?  Or was it just all forgotten?  I’ve been scanning the episode threads, so I know there was some weird thing about Bishop having some of Sara’s DNA, but it doesn’t sound like they ever did anything further with the idea of whether this is OG Sara in a new body, or a new Sara altogether.  Apparently there was no shock revelation of OG Sara still being alive, though.

I think it’s supposed to be like the Cylons on Battlestar Galactica in that the soul can be transferred to another body and remain the same person. Like how (BSG spoiler)

Spoiler

Athena had Helo kill her so she could download onto the Basestar, find Hera, and bring her back.

It would have been more clear if they’d explained this when we visited the Ava period in season 3.

Now that the season’s over I think they went this way to make Sara invincible. The joke has been that she can’t stay dead and now it’s basically impossible to kill her.

• Useful 1

I'm not sure if Sara ever told the Legends she died, besides the fact that she's a clone, but she did say she was killed this episode, but like always, there was barely any reaction to it because they were all trying to survive.

I don't think we ever got the answer to Sara's soul, and I don't think we'll ever get it. I personally see this clone simply as a (mixed) copy of Sara, while OG Sara is dead. Bishop has 6% of Sara's DNA and apparently thinks like Sara and knows everything she knows. Are we going to say Bishop is Sara? Does he have part of Sara's soul too? Even the Sara clone is not purely Sara since part of her is an alien, and the alien has manifested itself through its taste of food.

Sara's new status as a clone is mostly played for laughs like her weird taste for food. Though Spooner was able to transfer Sara's regenerative powers to Behrad and Astra to save them from getting poisoned to death by the Zagarons like Sara did, so I guess that's cool.