Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: It’s Time to Start Seeking Again 2019.01.20

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't get why Mrs. McGee suggested this "lifestyle" when she clearly cannot handle sharing her husband.

Since Mr. McGee talked about following the Bible cover to cover I wonder how long he talked about how great the polygamous arrangements in the Bible were before Mrs. McGee “woke up from a dream” believing it was her idea.  I get the feeling he made a lot of manipulative suggestions about polygamy but didn’t come out and ask for another wife so he wouldn’t look like the dog that he is.  Because if they truly read the Bible “cover to cover” they would also acknowledge the passages about man having only one wife.  After all, god didn’t give Adam an Eve and a Jan and a Barbie and on and on.  Not trying to get religious here, I just find their choices of religious behavior very, very selective.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Since Mr. McGee talked about following the Bible cover to cover I wonder how long he talked about how great the polygamous arrangements in the Bible were before Mrs. McGee “woke up from a dream” believing it was her idea.  I get the feeling he made a lot of manipulative suggestions about polygamy but didn’t come out and ask for another wife so he wouldn’t look like the dog that he is.  Because if they truly read the Bible “cover to cover” they would also acknowledge the passages about man having only one wife.  After all, god didn’t give Adam an Eve and a Jan and a Barbie and on and on.  Not trying to get religious here, I just find their choices of religious behavior very, very selective.

You might have something there. It could be that the show is trying to present it as the wife's idea to come from a different angle, or to make the man seem less...icky, lol. It's not really working so far.

Although, let's be honest, don't most people practice their religion very selectively?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

You might have something there. It could be that the show is trying to present it as the wife's idea to come from a different angle, or to make the man seem less...icky, lol. It's not really working so far.

Although, let's be honest, don't most people practice their religion very selectively?

I think you're right, but they appear to be sorely lacking in the discernment department. 

The good thing about these polygamy shows is that it doesn't take long to figure out that for all their lip service to the cause, polygamy is NOT a healthy or a nice thing.  In most scriptures I've read, I've never actually seen anything very positive when it comes to relating to that particular lifestyle.  Even the "good" kings were tripped up more than once by their gaggle of wives.   Makes me wonder what it takes for some people to get a clue.   

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 8
On 1/22/2019 at 9:39 AM, TurtlePower said:

I feel like some of these people need to just go to an adult-themed all inclusive resort and get it out of their systems. Implying they want another wife for a "commitment" and using religion as a reason is disingenuous. Just go to a sex party. It's more honest and there's no commitment. Sheesh, people. 

^This^ These people don’t seem at all t be doing this for strong religious reasons, they just seem like a bunch of unattractive male horn dogs who are married and wanna bone more chicks. They’re disgusting.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

^This^ These people don’t seem at all t be doing this for strong religious reasons, they just seem like a bunch of unattractive male horn dogs who are married and wanna bone more chicks. They’re disgusting.

I don't get why they feel like they need to go through this dog and pony show just to do that. Maybe they wouldn't want to go to the adult-themed parties because heaven forbid the wife find someone to bone! 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't get why they feel like they need to go through this dog and pony show just to do that. Maybe they wouldn't want to go to the adult-themed parties because heaven forbid the wife find someone to bone! 

Or, maybe because even though there may be rules and/or safeguards in place, the idea of going to a sex club and hooking up with some rando does not appeal to them. At least if you add another "wife", you are getting to know the person and then you have that second (or third or fourth) poon on hand and on demand. Still gross, but maybe a step above in their minds.

• Love 5
On 1/25/2019 at 12:59 PM, Gothish520 said:

Or, maybe because even though there may be rules and/or safeguards in place, the idea of going to a sex club and hooking up with some rando does not appeal to them. At least if you add another "wife", you are getting to know the person and then you have that second (or third or fourth) poon on hand and on demand. Still gross, but maybe a step above in their minds.

I think human beings and human sexuality are complex. Also people may not really be comfortable admitting what they want to themselves. A sister wife would give sexual variety but still some emotional familiarity. There’s a notion that ALL these husbands want is another sex partner- if that were true they would purse a sex worker or a hookup app for a woman who wanted the same thing and not disrupt their life. These couples are looking for SOMETHING else.

Dmitri is a douche, but I firmly believe that the couple is poly and want a third sex partner for the TWO of them. The Snowdens are the only ones that give off that vibe though. I’m not sure what the other couples are looking for. 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think human beings and human sexuality are complex. Also people may not really be comfortable admitting what they want to themselves. A sister wife would give sexual variety but still some emotional familiarity. There’s a notion that ALL these husbands want is another sex partner- if that were true they would purse a sex worker or a hookup app for a woman who wanted the same thing and not disrupt their life. These couples are looking for SOMETHING else.

Dmitri is a douche, but I firmly believe that the couple is poly and want a third sex partner for the TWO of them. The Snowdens are the only ones that give off that vibe though. I’m not sure what the other couples are looking for. 

You have to take into account extremely rigid religious beliefs.  The men don't want to deal with the guilt of hiring a prostitute or having an affair.  By claiming another woman is a wife and "approved" by God, his wife MUST allow it or else have God upset with HER, and the man feels no guilt but only justification.  He isn't sneaking behind his wife's back doing something he should not be doing, and God says, "Yes (insert husband's name), you may screw your new chickypoo all you want, guilt free.  HUGE incentive for a very religious man.    I belonged to a fundamentalist extremely rigid religious group during my undergraduate years, and I can tell you all about justification on religious terms, and the use of guilt to keep members in line.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 1/21/2019 at 4:01 PM, Kyanight said:

Same here.  They were GOING to be on the show. The first wife (April) took her kids and just left without saying goodbye - and I guess it (naturally) upset everyone else.  TLC was filming but decided not to air it, for some reason.  Probably because it's weird courting a new sister wife when one of the other wives just takes off into the night.

I think TLC is doing us all a huge disservice by not airing April taking off! I wanna see that shit! Good for her she is free of them. 

• Love 16
On 1/23/2019 at 4:13 PM, Gothish520 said:

Bahaha, I love this whole post but the highlight had me rolling. 

I'll say again, I don't get why Mrs. McGee suggested this "lifestyle" when she clearly cannot handle sharing her husband. I imagine by the end of the season they will abandon this dumb idea, but we shall see.

I wonder if they’re familiar enough with the lifestyle to give it a go for a season in return for a paycheck towards a real house.  As last season showed - you don’t necessarily have to end up with a second wife, just look for one on camera for 6-8 weeks 😄

2 hours ago, jenifaohjenny said:

I think TLC is doing us all a huge disservice by not airing April taking off! I wanna see that shit! Good for her she is free of them. 

In case TLC is reading here - a thousand likes for this!!

Edited by princelina
  • Love 5

I really liked the McGee's son John.  He seems like a really good kid - and smart, too!   His dad is never going to have another wife - first wife is not going to allow it.

I don't understand why Colton is flaunting his polygamy around a Southern Utah MORMON town!  You just don't do that.  They are very irritated by the "fundy" Mormons and polygamy, not to mention it's illegal in that state.  If you want to shout the fact that you have multiple wives from the rooftop - move to another state.  Colton lounging in prison with multiple husbands while his wives are on welfare really does no one any good.  (Although I think second wife works so maybe she could support first wife.)  I don't feel first wife is very happy with the polygamy thing.

• Love 10
On 1/26/2019 at 3:45 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Agree. I watched because the Snowdens are the ones that I want to see crash and burn the most. Can't stand either of them.

As to the other couples--I think both @Scarlett45 and @Kyanight make good points. I would want to add that getting a sister wife also gives the husband another emotional outlet when he is not getting along with one of his other wives. He does not have to deal with each wife 24/7--even if they all live together, he spends different nights with other wives so he get a reprieve from the issue. And, it gives the offended/offending wife pause--she may want to keep peace because she doesn't want to be the "least -favored" of the wives.

• Love 3

I felt really bad for teenage John. He was so clearly angry and uncomfortable about Dad McGee taking on more wives and didn't feel he could express that really. My heart broke for him when Dad mentioned splitting his time and John wanted to know what that meant, and Dad started talking about sharing a bed on alternating nights when I think the kid really wanted to know if it meant he'd get less time seeing his Dad. :(

The newest young couple with the two wives used their child's birthday party as a way to out themselves...to nobody. That was so sad. That poor little girl didn't get to see "the rest of their immediate family" and get presents and have fun with other kids because they were trying to make a statement. Plus, that first "introverted" wife seems like she might be plotting ways to kill the second one in her sleep. She had daggers for eyes several times.

The Snowdens are just a hot mess. I'm looking forward to that whole thing breaking down because the new gal wants to eat  some meat, damn it. And not in the way Dimitri is hoping.

The Aldredges certainly seem the happiest (at the moment) with the whole arrangement but how long before that dissolves into a charade too? I noticed that Drew held both wives hands as they strolled through Niagara. So at least they have that before this bartender drops em like a hot rock.

I find the Briney drama interesting and keep checking facebook for April updates. I think it's so weird that TLC didn't want to film that. Are the producers really trying to push a "polygamy is great" agenda? I always thought they framed it rather negatively. But that seems to be the only reason not to introduce this other side of things that actually has tension and drama to it.

Edited by taragel
  • Love 14

Poor John.  He needs to escape his family and find one where people truly care about him and send him school as he seems quite smart.  John made it very clear that he is not onboard and Dad concludes the conversation with “well, we’re moving forward”.  Both of the boys seem intimated by their father which is not a good thing.  Free the boys!!

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, taragel said:

I felt really bad for teenage John. He was so clearly angry and uncomfortable about Dad McGee taking on more wives and didn't feel he could express that really. My heart broke for him when Dad mentioned splitting his time and John wanted to know what that meant, and Dad started talking about sharing a bed on alternating nights when I think the kid really wanted to know if it meant he'd get less time seeing his Dad. :(

The newest young couple with the two wives used their child's birthday party as a way to out themselves...to nobody. That was so sad. That poor little girl didn't get to see "the rest of their immediate family" and get presents and have fun with other kids because they were trying to make a statement. Plus, that first "introverted" wife seems like she might be plotting ways to kill the second one in her sleep. She had daggers for eyes several times.

The Snowdens are just a hot mess. I'm looking forward to that whole thing breaking down because the new gal wants to eat  some meat, damn it. And not in the way Dimitri is hoping.

The Aldredges certainly seem the happiest (at the moment) with the whole arrangement but how long before that dissolves into a charade too? I noticed that Drew held both wives hands as they strolled through Niagara. So at least they have that before this bartender drops em like a hot rock.

I find the Briney drama interesting and keep checking facebook for April updates. I think it's so weird that TLC didn't want to film that. Are the producers really trying to push a "polygamy is great" agenda? I always thought they framed it rather negatively. But that seems to be the only reason not to introduce this other side of things that actually has tension and drama to it.

I love this entire post!!

My comments -  Love John.  He's a great teen.  Another person here said something about how smart he is, and I agree.  You can see that he is wise beyond his years - by how he thinks about what he will say and then how he says it.  I wish he could have formal schooling.   I really like the wife but know nothing about HER schooling and abilities to teach a child who is getting into higher subject matter.  It was very telling (and interesting) that Dad has sex on his mind but son has quality family time.  WHY would the father think his 14 year old son even cares about how he will handle SEX with his "three" wives?   I don't know many teens that really want to even think about their parents having sex.

That couple using the child's birthday party to "out" themselves was ridiculous.  TRUST ME - Mormons KNOW that everyone is in church on Sunday - the town is mostly Mormon - so they HAD to have known no one would be at the park.  They couldn't do the party on SATURDAY?  And come on - doesn't little Sadie have ANY friends at all?  ANY?  Do they shelter her that much and keep her in the house?  Aren't there ANY neighborhood kids they know of, to invite to the party?   Sadie was used on her very special day - and by her parents.  Most three year old children are very social, and LOVE being around other kids.  I thought how they used and handled her birthday "party" was a real shame.

When Vanessa goes out with Dimitri on their date she orders red meat.  I'm not sure if the producers told her to do this or if she is trying to make a point - "I will join your family but I am not a sheep.  I have to be allowed to still be me".   I think it is very reasonable to have rules of no meat in the house - but if you go out to eat, why in the WORLD couldn't she order what she WANTS?  There HAS to be give and take.  HAS to be.  It can't always be "My way or the highway".  Compromise is good.  I honestly can't believe this couple will ever find a sister wife to add to their family.  Way too many rules and expectations and demands.

LOL'd at the bartender/rock comment.  So true.  And I like this family.

Wish they would show the Briney family.  Not sure why TLC made that decision???   

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I really liked the McGee's son John.  He seems like a really good kid - and smart, too!   His dad is never going to have another wife - first wife is not going to allow it.

I don't understand why Colton is flaunting his polygamy around a Southern Utah MORMON town!  You just don't do that.  They are very irritated by the "fundy" Mormons and polygamy, not to mention it's illegal in that state.  If you want to shout the fact that you have multiple wives from the rooftop - move to another state.  Colton lounging in prison with multiple husbands while his wives are on welfare really does no one any good.  (Although I think second wife works so maybe she could support first wife.)  I don't feel first wife is very happy with the polygamy thing.

I like John too. He's a good kind lad and I appreciated his side eye. Well done.

Every time Colton appears on my screen I itch to slap that smug smirk off his Howdy Doody face. He thinks he's the cat's pajamas. First wife wants to kill him in his sleep. Everything is all about Sophie, huh? When Colton wants to be alone with Sophie, he goes to her house. When they all have to hang together, its back to First Wife's house. First wife never calls the shots. Sophie does. Wait till she presents Colton with a man child. First wife will have to clean Colton's footprints off her ass.

1 hour ago, taragel said:

Free John. Poor kid has probably had to be the adult in his family for quite a while. Dad seems completely unable to live outside his "more luuuuvvv" fantasy world. Maybe the fire was so traumatic that he's retreated from the real world and is incapable of functioning.

The Snowdens are poly all right. That whole scene with them sitting around talking about setting ground rules for when Dmitri and Vanessa ("and only Dmiti and Vanessa" they giggle) was so obviously staged. And seriously, Ashley, Vanessa's in the bathroom getting ready to go out. Why do you need to "check on her"? These people are so weird.

The Aldredges seem so simple minded to me. Just a few bricks short of a load.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I'm already bored with the McGees and the Winders. I fast-forwarded through most of their scenes by the second half of the second episode. Definitely feeling bad for the McGee's son John.

The Snowdens are interesting in a trainwreck kind of way. I'm not looking for anyone to get hurt, and there is actually a part of me that hopes Vanessa works out, for some reason lol. I think Vanessa contacted them because she thinks they're both hot and is down for whatever. But I see Ashley not making things easy for her or any potential "sister wife". I'd be on pins and needles, worried that if I make one wrong move I'm toast.

The Aldredges are also somewhat interesting. They do seem to get along well relatively speaking, but there is some kind of underlying malaise about them. Like the wives have accepted this lifestyle as their lot in life but really aren't that happy. I get that feeling from most plyg families. It's such a weird way to live. I cannot understand why anyone would want to spend their days worried about an "afterlife' and being unhappy on earth because they think there is some eternal salvation waiting for them down the road. Being an agnostic is so liberating, lol. 

Have to echo the sentiments of others who want to see the Briney's story. Man that would make for some fascinating television! Come on TLC, your audience is waiting!

• Love 9
On 1/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, Adiba said:

And, it gives the offended/offending wife pause--she may want to keep peace because she doesn't want to be the "least -favored" of the wives.

And that right there sounds like male domination - which is what I feel Fundamental Mormonism is about. I am aware that it's quite obvious. I don't know too much with cases like the McGee's or the Richardson's (remember them? If not - here's a clue: Caption Von Trapp. A low rent one). 

The wife "keeping sweet" just so she would be in the good graces of her hubby, instead of them being just normal adults, arguing if they have to, hashing things out, and then finding a solution. Nope, it's all about "the man." 

By the way, I am LOVING these comments. I am chuckling so much, and I'm at work. I'm trying to conceal my laughs so I don't look crazy. Ha! 

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 9
On 1/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, steff13 said:

Are the new family (living in the motorhome) Jewish?  The mom mentioned that it was their Sabbath, and asked if the kids wondered why they weren't at Synagogue.  

SouthernSnuzzle  29 days ago

Personally know the McGees. Last I heard they were Jewish.

UnluckyYear   ·29 days ago

Oh wow, the only Jews I thought practiced polygamy were Yemeni Jews. Well, it will be nice to see how they practice polygamy. Do you know if they were religious or non-religious Jews?

SouthernSnuzzle  ·29 days ago

I honestly haven’t really been close to them in several years. They were Christian when I met them, later became Jewish,.... and now this. They were always very religious in the religion they were practicing at the time. Or appeared to be outwardly, but the fact that the religion hopped,... I just don’t even know. It all is kind of shocking to me honestly. I guess we never really know what’s going on in another household. Good people, good family though. I just never would’ve expected this, doesn’t change my opinion of them though.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 3
On 1/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, steff13 said:

Are the new family (living in the motorhome) Jewish?  The mom mentioned that it was their Sabbath, and asked if the kids wondered why they weren't at Synagogue.  

They are a part of the “hebrew roots movement”, which basically means that they are Christians who follow as many of the Old Testament laws that they can (or at least the ones they believe are still applicable today).  I’m really familiar with this, because I have family who have embraced this religious thought.  

If you pay attention, you will see that the husband (and some shots of son John), are wearing home made “tzitzit”... string/fringe looking things hanging from the waistband of his pants.  

Hebrew Roots is a very broad brush, and beliefs vary from group to group, and person to person. A fair number of them though feel that polygamy is God’s ideal (but they will most likely not say “God”, because that is a pagan term for Yah/Yahuah/YHVH), and believe the earth is flat. They keep the Sabbath, celebrate all the feast days, biblical holidays, dietary laws, etc.  

• Love 4
On 1/20/2019 at 9:06 PM, Scarlett45 said:

The Snowdens and the Alldredges are both courting a new sister wife; the Winders, young newlyweds, are living plural marriage in secret; and the McGees are looking for their first sister wife.

I need this quote just to keep the families straight as I am new to this show.  Actually, it came on last night after I was watching "I am Jazz," and I was just too lazy to reach for the remote.  Had someone not mentioned it on the "Sister Wives" page, I might have made more of an effort to channel surf for something better instead of watching my first episode of this train wreck.  Apologies if I get some names wrong.

Snowdens--- are they the couple on the ad for this who claim they are not in it for religious reasons?    if not, just have an open marriage or join a swingers club.  Well, I guess doing either or both or those options would not get them on tv.    I hope I get the names right--husband is Dimitri and the "prospect" is Vanessa.  Can't remember the other woman's name--i.e.  "wife #1" who really isn't number one if there are no others.  Did someone say they weren't married at all?  Vanessa seemed so fake to me---like it was her opportunity to be on tv and maybe some guy will see her and marry her, but I don't think a lot of guys would watch this show with it being on TLC.   Assuming that the eating rules are sincere, this is not going to work unless Vanessa abides by them especially as I see wife #1 being very, very controlling and not allowing Vanessa the least bit of individuality.  As I said before,  I don't see Vanessa as sincerely seeking to be a sister wife.  Dimitri just seems horrid.

Allredges----first, if you go to Niagara Falls, make sure you visit the Canadian side.  I had the best cherry pie ever when I was there, and the views are better.  I suspect their prospect will show up, but I cannot see a bartending motorcycle riding woman from the East wanting to move out to nowheresville in the Dakotas (or wherever it was).  The wives seem okay,but I can't stand any of the men although theirs is less disgusting than Dimitri and Mr. McGee.  I think they got less time;  maybe that's why they seem so bland.  

Winders----are they the two women living in different houses?   They need to move to some place where a man and 2 women holding hands or showing other PDAs attract little, if any, attention.  When they said they had never even been to a movie together I thought that was weird.    If I saw a man, two women, and a child at the movies  I would never assume they were polygs unless he was making out with both.  I would just think the other woman was someone's sister or maybe the wife's BFF.    But they live in Utah, where they are scared he might go to jail except I understand that the state rarely bothers to enforce that rule absent strong evidence of some type of fraud.  What a sad birthday for that child!  there should have been other children, games to play, and presents.   Who schedules a birthday party on a Sunday morning?   Everyone is either sleeping in or at church.     Have a private party at home and invite the fam and friends.   Come out to everyone at once in a private setting.   Or maybe this has been saved for a later episode which I will NOT be watching, although I will probably keep reading the comments on the next episodes.  They don't seem all that bright, but they do seem a little brighter than the McGees.

McGees-----the only likeable members of this family are the children especially the older boy. (I wish I were younger so I could recall everyone's name).  The wife seems rather depressed, but I would think having a fire at your house and then moving to a trailer would depress most people so in that sense she probably is normal.  I don't get the vibe from her that she really, really wants another wife.  The younger boy just recited the talking point about it being a calling.   I wish the older boy could articulate why he wasn't on board about it, but I don't think the father would care even if the child said.  "no, I think it isn't a good idea for the following reasons.....      The father wants what he wants no matter what.  He isn't as horrid as Dimitri, but he comes in a close second in my opinion.   Also I guess, they are Jewish since they mentioned being excommunicated from the synagogue.  

I am sure most of the posters on these forums are younger than me.  I just wanted to mention that when I was young it was fairly common to slap the tv pretty hard to get decent reception, but now I just want to slap the tv in order to  slap some sense into some of these people.   Especially people on these scripted reality shows.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Had someone not mentioned it on the "Sister Wives" page, I might have made more of an effort to channel surf for something better instead of watching my first episode of this train wreck. 

That might have been me!  I'm so glad you watched it and ventured over here.  The more you watch it the more you can't turn away, lol.      And there are people of all ages on these boards - I'm one of the older ladies, too.

• Love 4
On 1/28/2019 at 4:03 PM, Gingi1976 said:

I get such a creepy vibe from the Snowden’s. Feel like wife #2 is going to be rescued from their basement in 10 years.

Agreed.  He is smarmy and gross, and I think she is just humoring him.  I think Meri, on Sister Wives, agreed to polygamy to keep Kody because she really loved him and didn't think such a "hot guy" would be interested in her otherwise.  I think that's why she didn't play nices with Janelle and Christine from the beginning.   I don't get that from Ashley Snowden, but I do think that she doesn't really want this.  I think he just wants to create his own little harem of women worshipping him and bearing his loinfruit. 

• Love 2
On 1/21/2019 at 2:45 AM, Sasha888 said:

I'll be relying on you guys to tell me what happens! 🙂 I won't know the new people of course, but it's interesting to hear about the ones I saw in season 1.

The reason I cannot and will not watch this show ever again is I saw in a preview that the Snowdens were going to be on again, and I absolutely will not watch or give ratings to that human colostomy bag known as Demetri. He's one of the most arrogant bastards I've ever seen and I hate him with the power of a thousand suns. 

He makes Kody Brown look humble and genuine.

I felt the same way.. great description of Dmitri. He just turns my stomach. But I don't like his wife either so I don't care what they do and there's always ff. I resisted for 3 weeks but recorded them and am just now watching . All of these men are just a bunch of horny bastards hiding behind some religious calling imo except possibly for the new young trio ( don't remember their names). They at least seem to kind of get along, and so far I think maybe they really believe in this get your own planet thing. Time will tell.

what I find really off about this show is that they're online looking for someone to go along with this crazy as none of them seem to be affiliated with a group, or have any friends.(although I know the Alldridges are). The Browns coming together just seemed more organic. They were all in the same plyg circles.

Sometimes I can't believe I actually watch- well, half watch- this crap but I do find it interesting on some level. Like a train wreck maybe

• Love 2
On 1/20/2019 at 11:32 PM, Gothish520 said:

I think Colton's devoutness to his religion is part of the strange factor. Good-looking guy though, and his wives seem nice and also seem to get along. Interesting that they live so far apart. 

Something strikes me as being 'off' with these three. Wasn't the main goal of multiple wives to ensure a large family? His second wife isn't ready for children, so I can only assume his nights with her are strictly for pleasure? As the first wife, I would resent his ability to be 'single' every other day.  Unless he brings the children with him (is there one or two kids?) to wife 2. I don't know, they just seem to want the attention and are secretly hoping for a shocked response.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2019 at 5:39 AM, TurtlePower said:

Exactly - they want the extra, but they don't want their wives to have anything extra. I wonder if Dimitri is independently wealthy because I cannot figure out what these women are attracted to, unless he is going to pay all their bills and take them on great holidays? What does he do for a living?

Edited by Chalby
Forgot to add my question re: $$
  • Love 1
On 2/12/2019 at 9:25 PM, Lady of nod said:

Sometimes I can't believe I actually watch- well, half watch- this crap but I do find it interesting on some level. Like a train wreck maybe

I feel the same way as you (nicely written post, btw). Maybe we watch because we are secretly wishing for a rebellious wife to suddenly lose it, and call all those involved onto the carpet to state what is really going down. That would provide huge ratings. And it would provide me with relief that our world isn't totally spinning out of control.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Something strikes me as being 'off' with these three. Wasn't the main goal of multiple wives to ensure a large family? His second wife isn't ready for children, so I can only assume his nights with her are strictly for pleasure? As the first wife, I would resent his ability to be 'single' every other day.  Unless he brings the children with him (is there one or two kids?) to wife 2. I don't know, they just seem to want the attention and are secretly hoping for a shocked response.

His second wife Sophie does want children.  I am wondering if he has a low sperm count or something, because his first wife has only one child after 8 years of marriage and his second wife still isn't pregnant after a year.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Yikes - I think I got the couples confused. I believe my responses are in regards to the Winders...? Are they the youngest group? Apologies gang.

The Winders are the youngest.  The first wife has been married for 8 years and has the one little girl and the second wife has been married a year - but still no children.  Not for lack of trying we can assume, since Sophie said on the show that they are almost always in the bedroom trying.

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

The Winders are the youngest.  The first wife has been married for 8 years and has the one little girl and the second wife has been married a year - but still no children.  Not for lack of trying we can assume, since Sophie said on the show that they are almost always in the bedroom trying.

I wondered about this, also. It seemed to me that they should have had more babies by now, either with Tami or Sophie or both.

What happens in these situations where the polygamy is rooted in religion — whereby one of the purposes of having multiple wives is to have more children, but it is the husband who has fertility issues? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I wondered about this, also. It seemed to me that they should have had more babies by now, either with Tami or Sophie or both.

What happens in these situations where the polygamy is rooted in religion — whereby one of the purposes of having multiple wives is to have more children, but it is the husband who has fertility issues? 

Usually the husbands breed like rabbits and DON'T have issues and in the past the women would have been blamed as being "barren".  Supposing there IS an issue I guess he tries to get it fixed and if it can't be he probably doesn't take additional wives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1