Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: The Peaches of Tokyo

• Start Topic

On 1/20/2019 at 10:56 PM, tiredofwork said:

I only watch RHOP and I just have RHOA now only in the background... Do the other HW on the other franchises.... (you, know the white ones) show their asses on their vacations as much as historically these ladies from the ATL do?  Man, I am afraid Japan my deport these chicks before their vacation is up.

I may be mistaken, but I remember the other RH franchises being less behaved than this crew on vacation.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:59 AM, dosodog said:

I cannot deny that of all people to have to lose their luggage, Marlo was the best pick.  I was all giggly. 

But then I saw her face in the airport and on the bus and I felt kind of guilty. This was real!  Foreign country.  A lot of your favorite outfits.  Forever lost until it lands up in that airline lost auction/store and someone gets your stuff for a bargain.

Makes me wonder what the people who land up with Marlo's bags thought when they opened her luggage.  Were they all "Score!" or did they put their hand on their chin, tilt their head and go "Huh.  That's. Interesting...".

What's In Marlo's Luggage?!?!

Somewhere, there's a luggae thief cursing his luck.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Hey, I was only asking a question to clarify because I don’t know what the difference is for you. Thankyou for answering but perhaps remember that not all of us are from the same country as you and aren’t necessarily familiar with the same issues. I wanted clarity because I did not see the difference between pony and horse tails. At least these stupid housewife shows bring us together so we can teach/learn.

Agreed. I can get a little militant and part of me is upset because these HW who really don't always deserve my defense LMAO .. I'm all for snark but there are always a few racial undertones (intentional or not) that comes across with the Atlanta women. I've heard "ghetto, nappy head, horse hair" just to name a few and while I generally enjoy the jokes and laughter of the board I would feel remiss to read those type of words in reference to black women and say nothing even though that is probably the best course of action.

• Love 16
23 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I stay being embarrassed at these ladies when they travel. Kandi out here being an ugly-American stereotype with the food. Sis, you had a 3-course meal at a high-end restaurant. Unless there's a food allergy involved, let's stop with the faces, Porsha, and the stank attitude. Then there's the arriving late, thing. Nene walking in "fashionably" late, and Shamari coming through almost an hour late looking basic AF. I'm going to live for NeNe being left behind next week.

I felt for Kandi. I do not do RAW FISH. Its completely a texture thing for me and there would have been no way on god's green earth I would have choked down anything that was fish without fire. I assumed that a big part of her issue wasn't that she didn't want to eat anything else, it was the fact that it was a pre-set menu with only a handful of options, most of which seemed to be things she didn't like. They couldn't have included some udon or miso in there?

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, link417 said:

LOL, I forgot and missed the first half of the episode. When I tuned in, Nene’s ass was going on about the other women being late, so I turned that nonsense off and decided to catch a rebroadcast . . . eventually.

Nene was the main one that was late by 35 minutes  lOl !!

3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I may be mistaken, but I remember the other RH franchises being less behaved than this crew on vacation.

Lol!!!

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:21 PM, Bronzedog said:

Cynthia is on WWHL and says she is certain that she and Mike will be getting married. 

I have no clue what made NeNe so angry at the end of tonight's show.

Nene is under a lot of stress caring for Gregg. It comes out at the wrong times. We all know she has a history of being nasty to the new girls anyway , it like a hazing process. I felt that Tanya blew that whole episode out of context. Nene was just simply stating you might marry someone else. Just say no I don't think so and keep it moving. Tanya either you're married or you're not .. simple as that . I pray Mike Hill marries Cynthia  I'm sick of it already.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I felt for Kandi. I do not do RAW FISH. Its completely a texture thing for me and there would have been no way on god's green earth I would have choked down anything that was fish without fire. I assumed that a big part of her issue wasn't that she didn't want to eat anything else, it was the fact that it was a pre-set menu with only a handful of options, most of which seemed to be things she didn't like. They couldn't have included some udon or miso in there?

Knowing how Kandi loves to eat and I'm sure she was reasonably hungry after such as long flight, I'm sure she found something to eat somewhere else . Maybe even room service would have been better.

I guess I'm an ugly American because I'm not choking down food I don't want. I would not make rude comments or faces but I see nothing wrong with a simple polite "no thank you." Plenty of people come to this country and nag and complain about our ways our customs our food - how come they are not "ugly foreigners" I think it works both ways. I know how I am with food so when we travel out of the country we stick to hotels that advertise "American breakfast" (yes there are places who do that to attract us ugly Americans) and foods I find familiar and comforting. After spending thousands of dollars on travel and accommodations I am not about to ruin my vacation by experimenting with food so I won't hurt someone's feelings whom I will never see again. I did eat one snail in China that tasted like pasta! 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Orange county has to be the worst on vacation, those women off the freaking chain. They are the worst drunks ever..

Edited by byrd
  • Love 9

Nene was just simply stating you might marry someone else. Just say no I don't think so and keep it moving. Tanya either you're married or you're not .. simple as that .

I am surprised Tanya has not pushed to be married.  The state of Georgia does not recognize couples living together so there is no "common-law marriages" here.  It may be a piece of paper but it keeps you out of Judge Judy's courtroom.

And as to Kandi's problem with the food served, I get it.  It did not look like a nice big meal after a long flight.  And she did not complain to staff just the other women at the table.  She said she would have to order room service afterwards.  A nice big burger would have tasted great!

I guess I'm an ugly American because I'm not choking down food I don't want. I would not make rude comments or faces but I see nothing wrong with a simple polite "no thank you." Plenty of people come to this country and nag and complain about our ways our customs our food - how come they are not "ugly foreigners" I think it works both ways. I know how I am with food so when we travel out of the country we stick to hotels that advertise "American breakfast" (yes there are places who do that to attract us ugly Americans) and foods I find familiar and comforting. After spending thousands of dollars on travel and accommodations I am not about to ruin my vacation by experimenting with food so I won't hurt someone's feelings whom I will never see again. I did eat one snail in China that tasted like pasta! 

I agree.  Complaining about local food customs is not just an American thing.  I would want to know I had at least the option to order food I am accustom to after I have tried the local delicacies.  Just saying,

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

I am surprised Tanya has not pushed to be married. The state of Georgia does not recognize couples living together so there is no "common-law marriages" here. It may be a piece of paper but it keeps you out of Judge Judy's courtroom.

I used to work with a woman who had been with her fiancé for 14 years and engaged for 12 (if she's still engaged, it's now 15 years). I was like, so are y'all just not going to get married? Is it like an Oprah/Steadman situation? And she said no, they were getting married, they just hadn't found time. I was thinking ... in 14 years though? You can get married on your lunch hour.

• Love 12
On 1/21/2019 at 11:13 AM, Boofish said:

Yes. Every last one of them. Way too many examples to choose from. This behavior is not unique to the black ladies. I will say from my personal point of view, the black ladies make more of an effort to tolerate each other.

15 hours ago, Boofish said:

Understood. Black women get so much grief and negative connotations associated with their bodies their mannerisms their hair. Colorful hair on an AA woman - clown and ghetto. Kylie Jenner wears a green wig and she is "setting a trend." 

Hair is either 100% human hair or its synthetic (like braid hair)  and meant to but used temporary and cannot be manipulated with styling products and heat. More than likely Eva was wearing crochet braids where rows of hair is pre-braided then sewn on to her natural hair. That is probably not individual braids in her hair. It probably is a lot of work but I find it odd that if a woman is black all of sudden long hair presents all sorts of problems when other women have hair to their ass and not only is it never compared to ANY ANIMALS HAIR no one seems to find it gross and uncomfortable. *hop off soapbox*

I'm respectfully confused as to where some are basing the standard as to what behavior is appropriate on which to comment.  When someone posed a question as to whether there was a correlation between race and behavior on these trips, it was something to immediately be disspelled and corrected--the white women act worse, if anything (which, who knows or cares if this is true anyway).  I just think that is a double standard and I don't really care, because I don't scrutinize everything under the lens of race, but there is irony there.  I just don't think people should be put in a position to apologize for something that they said that may have made someone feel a certain way in the absence of empirical evidence.  Can we go back to discussing the show without fixating on race?  

I think the day Nene changes her husband's diaper will be a sunny day in hell, so she is not given the caregiver's benefit of the doubt that I'd give someone like @Irritable.

Eva--get married already.  I'm sick of hearing about it.

Kandi seems devoid of being able to sympathize about death, but she was crying like crazy on the S2 reunion, talking about the death of AJ, her ex-fiancé.  Maybe something changed between then and now.  

Tanya sure seems to be easily wound up about "a piece of paper."  Who cares what these ladies understand or don't understand as long as you understand?  

I would not have guessed Porsha was pregnant based on size.  She doesn't seem any bigger in the abdomen area.  She is still in her first trimester.  I guess they got wind of it based on the fact that she wasn't imbibing.  So much for coke and apple juice, but a valiant effort nonetheless. 

I'm thinking/hoping that further discussions of race will be taken to a small talk thread, as they are not germaine to the show at this juncture.  

• Love 8
On 1/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

Yes, how ironic that after all she said, Nene was late the next morning. But contrary to another post I was unable to quote, she did apologize. She said "I'm so sorry" and bowed to the guide. I'm also sorry she was yelling at Tanya, but Tanya was getting all kinds of carried away because as Nene said, she does not really give two fucks about that girl's relationship.

I think Eva could have been more thoughtful about the food. Not everyone is going to love sushi, especially after a long trip and options would have been nice. Plus, does she know who she's traveling with? I'm sure Khandi would have jumped on some Wagyu steak!

I hope Marlo's luggage was recovered. What a nightmare!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

I guess I'm an ugly American because I'm not choking down food I don't want. I would not make rude comments or faces but I see nothing wrong with a simple polite "no thank you."

A polite "no thank you" is one thing. Sitting down and immediately having an attitude is another. 

1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

I would want to know I had at least the option to order food I am accustom to after I have tried the local delicacies.  Just saying,

That's fine, too. Nothing wrong with having some American comfort food afterward. My thing is, if you're in Japan, be prepared to eat fish. I don't know what else was on the menu, but I'm sure sushi/fish dishes were part of it. That would be like going to a soul food spot and getting upset over fried chicken and greens. 

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I'm respectfully confused as to where some are basing the standard as to what behavior is appropriate on which to comment.  When someone posed a question as to whether there was a correlation between race and behavior on these trips, it was something to immediately be disspelled and corrected--the white women act worse, if anything (which, who knows or cares if this is true anyway).  I just think that is a double standard and I don't really care, 

Hopefully I'm not adding fuel to the fire.  This isn't a fixation.  It's a matter of taking liberties/familiarities that don't exist outside that group.   Replace culture with family.  You can call your sister a bitch, to her face even and that's just a 12 hour argument.  If I called your sister a bitch, I should expect both you and your sister to jump me because whether you know it to be true or not, I am not a member of the group that has earned the (right seems like a fucked up word to use here lol) privilege? to address her in way that is offensive/disrespectful (for me) but playful/expressive (for you).   In other words outside the group, there's no version of "at best" you don't know me like that, all I can conclude is an "at worst". 

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

because I don't scrutinize everything under the lens of race, but there is irony there.  

I hope you believe me when I say that this completely absent of snark.  Not having to scrutinize anything under the lens of race is a luxury. 

I've been listening to ya'll go back and forth about Kandi's ugly American act just giggling.  Lol.  I didn't see any faces that weren't typical Kandi-rubber-mouth but this is what I thought somebody would bring up:  she said being absolutely starving wasn't a good time for her to try something new.   Now I don't know why the whole entire fuck Japanese food would be something new to anybody who lives where a Nobu is, but I say all that to say it sounded like she was willing to be adventurous, just not-never on an empty stomach.   Not to defend her, but I'm the same type of not cosmopolitan.  Not ordering french fries in a different country bad, I eat sushi, but whole portions of sashimi?  N'uh uh, cook my shit please lol.  

• Love 22
44 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Hopefully I'm not adding fuel to the fire.  This isn't a fixation.  It's a matter of taking liberties/familiarities that don't exist outside that group.   Replace culture with family.  You can call your sister a bitch, to her face even and that's just a 12 hour argument.  If I called your sister a bitch, I should expect both you and your sister to jump me because whether you know it to be true or not, I am not a member of the group that has earned the (right seems like a fucked up word to use here lol) privilege? to address her in way that is offensive/disrespectful (for me) but playful/expressive (for you).   In other words outside the group, there's no version of "at best" you don't know me like that, all I can conclude is an "at worst". 

I hope you believe me when I say that this completely absent of snark.  Not having to scrutinize anything under the lens of race is a luxury. 

I've been listening to ya'll go back and forth about Kandi's ugly American act just giggling.  Lol.  I didn't see any faces that weren't typical Kandi-rubber-mouth but this is what I thought somebody would bring up:  she said being absolutely starving wasn't a good time for her to try something new.   Now I don't know why the whole entire fuck Japanese food would be something new to anybody who lives where a Nobu is, but I say all that to say it sounded like she was willing to be adventurous, just not-never on an empty stomach.   Not to defend her, but I'm the same type of not cosmopolitan.  Not ordering french fries in a different country bad, I eat sushi, but whole portions of sashimi?  N'uh uh, cook my shit please lol.  

Church nod

• Love 13
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

3 hours ago, Boofish said:

Church nod

I’m waving my church fan in the air (you know, the one with MLK on the back)

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Boofish said:

I guess I'm alone on this island but I would love to get my hands on Marlo's luggage. Her ugly personality aside she be serving some looks that I love. I do wish I could see what she would do without all the labels. But that Fendi sweater and those pumps last night? I was here for it .. I will walk of shame myself to another thread. 

May I walk with you?

I like a lot of her outfits and would love to see her shoes.  And there might be jewelry and purses!

I would probably fall more under the "Score!" category with a few "Nope.  Don't have the cleavage for that!".

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, dosodog said:

May I walk with you?

I like a lot of her outfits and would love to see her shoes.  And there might be jewelry and purses!

I would probably fall more under the "Score!" category with a few "Nope.  Don't have the cleavage for that!".

More than willing to share!! 

• Love 1

I won’t deny that Marlo has some nice clothes, I just wish she’d learn to edit her outfits better. Maybe don’t wear ALL your Fendi pieces at once, Marlo? Anyone with Marlo’s luggage would be able to style it better than she can, IMO.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, link417 said:

I won’t deny that Marlo has some nice clothes, I just wish she’d learn to edit her outfits better. Maybe don’t wear ALL your Fendi pieces at once, Marlo? Anyone with Marlo’s luggage would be able to style it better than she can, IMO.

I definitely agree with that. Like I said she her fashion is a fruitcake and it needs to be deconstructed so you can see all the pretty elements. There is a picture of her on Instagram in head to toe Gucci and 3 crossbody bags. Individually they are all really pretty and special pieces but she looks a little clownish wearing them all at once

• Love 7
19 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7750699 

That is all that needs saying.

Marlo seemed so out of sorts not being able to set up her hotel room pop up designer shop.

I hate wispy thin wigs. So I wasn't here for Marlo's struggle ponytail.

Eva? I don't even see how it would be comfortable to travel with braids down to your ankles. I like the least amount of contact between me and public surface areas, especially when traveling. Seriously, you have to take care not to be sitting on your hair all the time, not get it caught in doors & escalators, not brush up against nasty walls and floors in public restrooms (or in the toilet itself) cause at the end of the day you have to sleep in a bed with that mess. 

I don't have a caregiver gene so I feel for Nene in that regard. Being sick and needing is one of my biggest fears. Having to be a caregiver to a sick person is my next greatest fear. That being said, Nene is a bitch. Count me among those who can't wait to see her get left next week. LOL!

• Love 14
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:33 AM, Empress1 said:

It's so rude. I can't stand it. These women are obviously capable of being on time because they managed to make the flight; they should be on time! I am team Leave Late Folks. And they're not five or ten minutes late, they're hours late and don't say anything about it. They just roll up hours late and then have the nerve to be mad when people started without them. So rude.

I laughed at Marlo not having her luggage. She's terrible.

That's always what's bothered me the most about the Atlanta ladies, they're always unapologetically late.  And not 10 minutes late but HOURS late.  Who acts like that?  It's beyond obnoxious.  And of course Nene would have the nerve to casually stroll towards the van a half hour late after talking shit on the others for their lack of punctuality and after being TOLD how being late is a personal insult in their culture.   I can't stand Nene.

• Love 5
On 1/21/2019 at 8:54 PM, Boofish said:

It probably is a lot of work but I find it odd that if a woman is black all of sudden long hair presents all sorts of problems when other women have hair to their ass and not only is it never compared to ANY ANIMALS HAIR no one seems to find it gross and uncomfortable. *hop off soapbox*

Have you seen the Duggar girls?  They have super long hair that is gross!  It is discussed extensively (in a negative manner) on the Counting On forums.

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:33 AM, jmcd44 said:

The OC ladies are the worst to me. Vicki is foul enough in the US. She’s worse overseas. 

I tend to like Kandi but she was very bratty in the restaurant. I don’t love seafood but I would’ve eaten it & ordered room service. 

I actually paused it on the menu and that food sounded delicious.  The first two courses were just salad, too.  Not anything crazy.  Maybe Kandi isn't used to fancy sounding dishes. She was super obnoxious in that scene, tho, and pissed me off. People that are super closed minded in situations like that piss me off.  That woman is too well travelled to be behaving like that at a nice restaurant. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, DrSparkles said:

I may be wildly wrong... are you supposed to eat raw fish when pregnant? I’m thinking no?

late people chap my ass. I do NOT wait. Doctors get 15 minutes, work meetings get 10. People in Atlanta KNOW the traffic is always going to be a CF, so you can miss me with that bs too!

Eh, it's one of those guidelines some people follow and some don't. I always thought it was stupid.  Pregnant Japanese women have been eating raw fish whilst pregnant for centuries.

Couldn't agree more about the lateness.  Whenever a client is more than 15 minutes late for an appointment with me, I make them reschedule even if I've got time.  It's just rude and disrespectful.  I almost did it today until I saw the guy in a wheelchair.  He got a pass.  

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, Boofish said:

But, how do you know you don't want something unless you try it?  You can't say you don't like something if you don't even know what it tastes like.  That's what I always tell my kids, anyway.  ;)   I used to always make fun of my friend because her and her husband would spend so much money traveling to exotic places just to eat at nothing but chain restaurants, so they could eat the same stuff they eat at home every day.  Seemed like such a waste to me. If you're setting out to experience different cultures, ignoring the food of that culture is leaving a very significant part of that culture out of the overall experience.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, byrd said:

Orange county has to be the worst on vacation, those women off the freaking chain. They are the worst drunks ever..

omg, YES.  Vicki making choking sounds and faces every time she tastes the food wherever they're at is the most brass, tacky and culturally insensitive thing I've ever seen.  It makes me nuts.  She's awful.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

But, how do you know you don't want something unless you try it?  You can't say you don't like something if you don't even know what it tastes like.  That's what I always tell my kids, anyway.  ;)   I used to always make fun of my friend because her and her husband would spend so much money traveling to exotic places just to eat at nothing but chain restaurants, so they could eat the same stuff they eat at home every day.  Seemed like such a waste to me. If you're setting out to experience different cultures, ignoring the food of that culture is leaving a very significant part of that culture out of the overall experience.

omg, YES.  Vicki making choking sounds and faces every time she tastes the food wherever they're at is the most brass, tacky and culturally insensitive thing I've ever seen.  It makes me nuts.  She's awful.

I hear you and I get it but no I'm just not that type of person. I'm more interested in landmarks and handbags HAHAHA. And some of the food I have an idea what it is from eating at restaurants in the states so I have a pretty good grasp of what it might taste like (and I grew up in Louisiana where if it moves it's edible LOL). Honestly, the most "exotic" place I've ever been was China. All over Europe I have experienced a lot of the foods because of friends and work (oil and gas; lots of ex pats) I'm not that into eating animals of any kind unless Popeye's fries it for me first so any "meat" products - pass. Seafood I will taste but that is about as adventurous as I get.

Someone please please please tell me they saw the video of Ronnie and Shamari on that morning show doing their best impression of Chephus and Reecee from In Living Color

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 2

I'm a somewhat adventurous eater, and I will try many things once, at least.  I'm pretty sure that I'm not the type of person who could sit down to eat a bowl of whole, fried little birds the way Anthony Bourdain did in one episode, but, that’s not what was on the table here, and I'd have been ok finding stuff on this table.  But, at the same time, I also would have been pretty cranky after the flight and I can understand how Kandi may not have been in the mood to try new foods.  After a long day of travel, especially if I haven't slept on a long flight, I pretty much just want to shower all of the crud off of me, eat something that looks like a vegetable and then get some solid sleep.  I think that's likely the place Kandi was in.  

• Love 8
On 1/21/2019 at 6:02 PM, queenjen said:

We're going through an extended record breaking heatwave in Australia atm and just seeing all that hair gave me hot flushes. However, I do want to know why it is offensive? Seriously. I want to understand so I'm not making ignorant statements anywhere. I had braids done many years ago at a West African salon. Some were real hair, some was fake. The Ghanian hairdresser told me she had clients that traveled from interstate to see her. There are very few salons catering to anything other than caucasian hair here, is my point. Since then, I've absorbed some of the issues with cultural appropriation and I have some understanding of those issues. But again, only from the periphery of mainstream popular culture. 

@queenjen What state are you in? I lived in SA about 10 years ago, and my hairdresser was from Ghana. I made sure to research before I got there to find a place that could do black hair. I was very happy that I didn't have to go interstate. A friend sent me a message to say that it was 48C in Adelaide. I remember crying when it was 46C--you must be positively sobbing.  Stay cool!

• Love 2

Bless all of their hearts, all the women in all the franchises behave like spoiled children on a sugar high when they go on trips.

My dislike for Marlo grows and grows. I've had luggage go to the east coast when I was flying to the west coast. I eventually got it and managed to survive a couple of days with a quickly-purchased few items. But then, I'm not an alleged fashionista with questionable taste and no impulse control.

I would not have been able to eat much at the dinner either. I'm allergic to all kinds of seafood and don't eat meat. I'm open to absolutely any kind of egg, dairy, vegetable, or grain dish, but I didn't see too many of those on offer.

• Love 4

@hula-la I'm in northern nsw, but off grid with no aircon and menopausal. 20 years ago i was in ACT where there was a West African salon. @CrinkleCutCat has it worse than me, in the southern states at present, hopefully we'll all survive. I have not worn underwear for weeks, I'm rotating through cotton sarongs. Makeup ends up in my cleavage after 5 minutes. It's not fun to be female at the moment in Australia. 

I have to say about Nene's conspicuous lateness, she is acting the hell out. And it's all about how miserable she is with Gregg. She doesn't appear to be an easy friend with this either. She made comments all episode about it, but mostly in a kind of esoteric sideways fashion, like with the Tanya fight. That whole thing can be summarized like this :

Tanya : why are you attacking my relationship, I thought you were supportive!

Nene : It's not about you, I'm talking about MY marriage and if you were my FRIEND, you'd know. 

Maybe Nene resents having to continue working while Gregg is so sick. The obvious choice would be to stop for everyone's sake. But she seems to have done the opposite and is lashing out like a wounded animal. 

I also understand Kandi at the restaurant. Kandi loves food but this is one of those times where she's exhausted and hangry and probably in need of carbs. I think production probably hustled them straight into that restaurant to film, no time for a room service burger. 

Oh please btw! ! Forget about the health issues around the rawness and be thinking about the proximity to the Fukushima reactor with all that seafood. Though that's spreading right through the Pacific. 

I REALLY hope Porsha isn't wearing a waist trainer. Or if she does, she gives it a break very soon. Do we know how far along she is at this point? As in real time? Given we all knew she was pregnant before the season started, I'm thinking she'd be due mid yearish?

• Love 8

I think Porsha said she was just out of, or almost out of the first trimester at that point.  I don't think she was wearing a waist trainer, she has had a bit of a belly when they've shown shots of her, but not an obviously pregnant look, more like she'd just put on some weight or hadn't been working out as much as she had been before, that sort of thing.  She wasn't going to be able to hide it for all that much longer, but the bigger issue was going to be not drinking around the others and also having to be careful about what she ate and possibly being more tired, etc.

• Love 1
On 21/01/2019 at 10:07 PM, dosodog said:

And why doesn't A&E have a series called Lost Luggage Wars?

Spike TV had a show called exactly that. It's still on in reruns now and I catch it once in a while. A person bids on the bag but cannot look inside before buying. I have seen some pretty cool stuff come out of those bags.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, queenjen said:

@hula-la I'm in northern nsw, but off grid with no aircon and menopausal. 20 years ago i was in ACT where there was a West African salon. @CrinkleCutCat has it worse than me, in the southern states at present, hopefully we'll all survive. I have not worn underwear for weeks, I'm rotating through cotton sarongs. Makeup ends up in my cleavage after 5 minutes. It's not fun to be female at the moment in Australia. 

I have to say about Nene's conspicuous lateness, she is acting the hell out. And it's all about how miserable she is with Gregg. She doesn't appear to be an easy friend with this either. She made comments all episode about it, but mostly in a kind of esoteric sideways fashion, like with the Tanya fight. That whole thing can be summarized like this :

Tanya : why are you attacking my relationship, I thought you were supportive!

Nene : It's not about you, I'm talking about MY marriage and if you were my FRIEND, you'd know. 

Maybe Nene resents having to continue working while Gregg is so sick. The obvious choice would be to stop for everyone's sake. But she seems to have done the opposite and is lashing out like a wounded animal. 

I also understand Kandi at the restaurant. Kandi loves food but this is one of those times where she's exhausted and hangry and probably in need of carbs. I think production probably hustled them straight into that restaurant to film, no time for a room service burger. 

Oh please btw! ! Forget about the health issues around the rawness and be thinking about the proximity to the Fukushima reactor with all that seafood. Though that's spreading right through the Pacific. 

I REALLY hope Porsha isn't wearing a waist trainer. Or if she does, she gives it a break very soon. Do we know how far along she is at this point? As in real time? Given we all knew she was pregnant before the season started, I'm thinking she'd be due mid yearish?

Why does she have to? Isn't she a rich bitch? lol

She said that she was almost or just passed her first trimester when she revealed to the women in Japan that she's pregnant. That Tokoyo trip happened in early September. I saw IG pics posted from various women around the September 10th timeframe and I don't think they were there for that long. That would put her expected due date around March.

• Love 3

I have flown first/business class only a few times, but they feed you a ton of food. Kandi certainly had plenty to eat on the flight, and could have munched on rice and soup at the dinner. Finicky eaters should always plan ahead when dining out- checking menus ahead of time and not going hungry to places that have limited options. 

Porsha’s empathy towards Eva and her sick grandfather was sweet. Guess she does have a heart! 

• Love 6
On 1/22/2019 at 12:36 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

On 1/22/2019 at 1:22 PM, Boofish said:

Church nod

On 1/22/2019 at 4:42 PM, link417 said:

I’m waving my church fan in the air (you know, the one with MLK on the back)

On 1/23/2019 at 8:23 AM, islandgal140 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7750699 

That is all that needs saying.

tenor.gif?itemid=12160977

• Love 6

Marlo is totally defined by the material things in her life. This is really a very sad situation. I wonder what happened to her to make her believe that she absolutely has no worth unless she's wearing labels. I like Marlo because I believe she's basically a good person. She just doesn't know who she really is. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1

I am weeks behind and am just now getting caught up.

When I think bad travelers/embarrassed they are from the US, I think OC as a group. Most of the OC women seem to prefer to eat items that would be happy on an American Kids’ menu.

I think it’s actually easier to try foods when you are hungry, my mom used to say “hunger is the best sauce.” What’s hard, is to be open minded when you are tired, and I bet Kandi was pretty exhausted after that huge flight.

I’m a really plus sized woman, and on the way overseas, or on vacation, I always have a carry on with stuff that could do, in a emergency, for the time away. Like two skirts, several undies (that can be washed out midway), several simple tops that go with either skirt, a bathing suit and something to wear at night. I doubt there would be much of anything in Japan that could fit me. On the way home I don’t care and will check everything.

I actually love a respectful discussion of race and the issues that come up with it. Thank you to those who contribute explanations of history and why  some comments and reactions can be viewed negatively. It must be exhausting having to do this all the time and I appreciate the willingness to take a break from enjoyable snark and spend time talking about some real stuff.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 1/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, tiredofwork said:

I only watch RHOP and I just have RHOA now only in the background... Do the other HW on the other franchises.... (you, know the white ones) show their asses on their vacations as much as historically these ladies from the ATL do?  Man, I am afraid Japan my deport these chicks before their vacation is up.

OC tends to give me second hand embarrassment the most. They are, almost all of them so ignorant. I mean at least there is Kandi, who can be counted on to not consistently embarrass herself with her ignorance or entitlement. Every woman on the OC does at least one of those things consistently.

Yes, she was bad about the food, yes it was ugly American behavior, but all the women in all the franchises do that in one way or another.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 2