Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: The Peaches of Tokyo

• Start Topic

While in Tokyo to celebrate her bachelorette party, Eva receives devastating news that threatens to derail the entire trip.  Although on a much needed break, Nene still struggles with the hardships of being Gregg's caretaker. Porsha shares a well-kept secret with the rest of the ladies, and later Nene and Tanya get into a heated confrontation that leaves all the women confused.

10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I came to this thread hoping to read everyone's comments and was disappointed that there are none.  But then I remembered I don't have anything to say about this episode either.

LOL, I forgot and missed the first half of the episode. When I tuned in, Nene’s ass was going on about the other women being late, so I turned that nonsense off and decided to catch a rebroadcast . . . eventually.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, link417 said:

LOL, I forgot and missed the first half of the episode. When I tuned in, Nene’s ass was going on about the other women being late, so I turned that nonsense off and decided to catch a rebroadcast . . . eventually.

Yes, Nene droned on and then Nene showed up late for their excursion the next morning. Hypocrite.

Felt sorry for Eva, but also find it weird that her first act after hearing about her grandpa was to go get her hands on some alcohol.

• Love 14

I only watch RHOP and I just have RHOA now only in the background... Do the other HW on the other franchises.... (you, know the white ones) show their asses on their vacations as much as historically these ladies from the ATL do?  Man, I am afraid Japan my deport these chicks before their vacation is up.

Edited by tiredofwork
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, tiredofwork said:

I only watch RHOP and I just have RHOA now only in the background... Do the other HW on the other franchises.... (you, know the white ones) show their asses on their vacations as much as historically these ladies from the ATL do?  Man, I am afraid Japan my deport these chicks before their vacation is up.

RHONJ! They don't go anywhere without a knock-down, cake throwing, screaming, disrespectful, knuckle dragging, shit talking good time. 

• Love 9

Porsha couldn’t fly to Africa for a friend’# wedding due to some health issue (veins, maybe, I don’t quite remember), however now she’s pregnant and had no problem flying to Japan, hmm.

Marlo’s luggage not making it (ha ha) - I really don’t like her.

it was nice to see all of them genuinely happy that Porsha is pregnant,

I’m wondering iNene is so stressed out from being s caretaker that she lashed out sat the others tonight.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Porsha couldn’t fly to Africa for a friend’# wedding due to some health issue (veins, maybe, I don’t quite remember), however now she’s pregnant and had no problem flying to Japan, hmm.

Right, she cannot take long flights due to circulation problems. But she’s carrying a child and it’s suddenly OK.

• Love 5

Nene complaining about people being late was foreshadowing.  Heavy handed foreshadowing. 

I cannot deny that of all people to have to lose their luggage, Marlo was the best pick.  I was all giggly. 

But then I saw her face in the airport and on the bus and I felt kind of guilty. This was real!  Foreign country.  A lot of your favorite outfits.  Forever lost until it lands up in that airline lost auction/store and someone gets your stuff for a bargain.

Makes me wonder what the people who land up with Marlo's bags thought when they opened her luggage.  Were they all "Score!" or did they put their hand on their chin, tilt their head and go "Huh.  That's. Interesting...".

What's In Marlo's Luggage?!?!

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Irritable said:

I am sick to death of these women being late for things.  It’s ridiculous behavior for grown adults, and so inconsiderate to keep people waiting for them at scheduled events.  I look forward to seeing Nene get left behind next week as she slowly strolls out, fanning herself like she’s just fabulously late and not rude as hell late.

I’m also tired of hearing any HW in any franchise say they deserve this or that luxury thing just for being them.  No one is more deserving of a trip to Japan than Eva for being a mom and planning her wedding? I disagree. It’s a shame about her grandfather, but I still don’t like her.

Speaking of people I don’t like, it rubbed me wrong that Marlo was pissed because none of the women asked her what they could offer her since her luggage was lost. Ask for what you need, or go to the hotel gift shop and buy it.  That’s what we did when we were in Las Vegas for 2 days while our luggage was in Atlanta, because we accept that we are responsible for taking care of ourselves even while we are inconvenienced.

Kandi may be hungry, but that’s no excuse to get snotty about the cuisine in that nice restaurant.  More than likely fried rice was an option if she wanted filling comfort food.

Being a caregiver to a close family member does take a heavy toll, I can empathize with Nene feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, hurt and exhausted.  But I don’t think it’s cool to badmouth the person with cancer on national television.  She needs to dig deep for some inner strength and keep her bitching about Greg’s moods off camera. She said herself he’s upset because he’s got cancer, and I can’t think of a better excuse to be grouchy. She gets to fly off to Japan for vacation while Greg stays home and continues to have cancer, he can’t escape that for even a week. The caregiver has to suck it up when the patient has bad days, but that’s not really in NeNe’s nature.  

Damn.  Apparently this episode got on my nerves because all I’ve done is complain about these complainey women.  Another fantastic trip to an amazing place wasted on people who don’t know how to act right when they travel.

Nene should shut up about the caretaker woes. The way she rolled her eyes every single time Gregg opened his mouth last episode showed her real character. She can't even pretend to be selfless.

I find her recent rants in social media a little bit too finely tuned to the episodes. It's also strange how she continuously mentions her 20 year marriage, when they actually divorced. If the divorce was just a scam for financial purposes, maybe that's why she doesn't acknowledge it at times.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Cynthia is on WWHL and says she is certain that she and Mike will be getting married. 

I have no clue what made NeNe so angry at the end of tonight's show.

Gregg's illness is why she's so pissed. Nene gave a kind of scrambled account of the phone call, where Gregg didn't say goodbye like they traditionally do when either of them flies somewhere. I do recall Nene having flying issues at some stage (or was this yet another of KimZB's excuses not to film?). Main thing is that something is seriously wrong between Gregg and Nene as Gregg goes through this illness. It got lost between Eva's Grandfather, Porsha's pregnancy, Marlo's baggage disappearance. Nene WAS FUMING. All those comments to Tanya about her husband were Nene shading her own marriage. Tanya and the rest of the group took it as an attack on the veracity of Tanya's marriage / 3 year engagement. This is why Nene acted out. We got as foreshadowing from production, a huge montage of Nene's insistence on punctuality, for example, then Nene being one of the late offenders the next day. (Because of the phone call to Gregg). I think next episode, Tanya earns her peach for drawing Nene's fire. We see Nene late and left behind and her rageful ratchet language at the table. She's screaming inside for attention but she's not going to ask for it. 

Speaking of, Eva going to Kandi for consolation was SO uncomfortable. Kandi just can't do it. It was so cringe, I began to wonder just how much of an alcoholic Eva must be to put Kandi through that (morning breath doesn't explain it ). Eva could have gone to Nene or called room service for sake. I don't get her choosing Kandi. 

I was living for Marlo's epic extended sulk and stank face deprived of her pop up traveling boutique and ostentatiously designer branded luggage. She was PISSED. Marlo's sulking has taken on a life of its own for me this season, I'm actually hoping for it. 

So Nene's inability to deal with her husband's health is apparently what's going to deliver us a way more interesting season than we've been anticipating up until this episode. Anyone have a clue what Nene's issue could be? Is she just constitutionally unable to deal with sickness in her partner? Does she utterly disagree with and resent Gregg choosing to refuse chemo? She made a comment about love and marriage being 2 different things, does she have NO feeling for Gregg unless he's useful to her? I'm not even judging (yet! !) but I'm seeing FURY in Nene, and she's about to go HAM on Gregg via proxy. Or proxies. Those being the rest of the cast plus production. 

I'm finally looking forward to Atlanta next week. 

1 final question : WHAT is with Eva and Marlo and the 4 foot long hair? How heavy must Marlo's sewn/glued on horsetail have been? And surely all those braids Eva was flinging about must be even weightier? IDGI. Long is lovely but there are limits. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Irritable said:

I am sick to death of these women being late for things.  It’s ridiculous behavior for grown adults, and so inconsiderate to keep people waiting for them at scheduled events.  I look forward to seeing Nene get left behind next week as she slowly strolls out, fanning herself like she’s just fabulously late and not rude as hell late.

It's so rude. I can't stand it. These women are obviously capable of being on time because they managed to make the flight; they should be on time! I am team Leave Late Folks. And they're not five or ten minutes late, they're hours late and don't say anything about it. They just roll up hours late and then have the nerve to be mad when people started without them. So rude.

I laughed at Marlo not having her luggage. She's terrible.

• Love 19

How do you take a trip to Japan and turn it in to a borefest about who is shading who? Just ask the Atlanta HW's.

4 hours ago, queenjen said:

1 final question : WHAT is with Eva and Marlo and the 4 foot long hair? How heavy must Marlo's sewn/glued on horsetail have been? And surely all those braids Eva was flinging about must be even weightier? IDGI. Long is lovely but there are limits. 

It was funny when they were on the bus and Kandi was  trying to figure out Marlo's hair system. Is it sewn in? glued? WTF is it? Kandi cracks me up sometimes. When she's not being a diva bitch, that is.  Lol. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, tiredofwork said:

They pretty much all do.  I agree with @Reality police that NJ is probably the worst of the others, but there has been at least one trip for every franchise where people start yelling in public places.

7 hours ago, Irritable said:

I look forward to seeing Nene get left behind next week as she slowly strolls out, fanning herself like she’s just fabulously late and not rude as hell late.

I clapped my hands with glee at this preview.  After acting all sanctimonious in her talking head about people being late.  Serves her right.  I really don't get the whole super late thing - I am always so freaked out about being late to things that I'm always early, but will forgive someone else being late if they have texted me to let me know.  It's not that hard. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, tiredofwork said:

Yes. Every last one of them. Way too many examples to choose from. This behavior is not unique to the black ladies. I will say from my personal point of view, the black ladies make more of an effort to tolerate each other.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, queenjen said:

No offense but it really pisses me off when people refer to black women's weave/extensions as "horsetail" or "horsehair"  

Braids are only heavy the first few days after installation and a ponytail as sleek and thin as Marlo's is not heavy at all nor is it made of horse

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

The OC ladies are the worst to me. Vicki is foul enough in the US. She’s worse overseas. 

I tend to like Kandi but she was very bratty in the restaurant. I don’t love seafood but I would’ve eaten it & ordered room service. 

• Love 10

Did they all move to Japan?  The amount of luggage was ridiculous.

Ugh, yes. NeNe and her 6 bags of luggage. Of course, only to show off that it was Louis Vuitton. Or, was that Marlo's luggage? You can count on Marlo to be gauche. I'm assuming they were there for a week. Ideally, bring a large suitcase to check in and a carryon bag just in case your main suitcase is lost, Marlo.

I don't care for Marlo, but that's every traveler's fear. I hope she got her stuff back.

Let me keep on Marlo for a second. I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of wigs/weaves, but what the hell was going on with hers? If your weave needs to be redone, you'd think that would've been taken care of before vacation?

I stay being embarrassed for these ladies when they travel. Kandi out here being an ugly-American stereotype with the food. Sis, you had a 3-course meal at a high-end restaurant. Unless there's a food allergy involved, let's stop with the faces, Porsha, and the stank attitude. Then there's the arriving late, thing. Nene walking in "fashionably" late, and Shamari coming through almost an hour late looking basic AF. I'm going to live for NeNe being left behind next week.

Eh, I still think that caregivers shouldn't have to be superhuman and put up with nastiness just because their loved one is sick. I pray that I'm never going through sickness/being on the receiving end as a caretaker because both are rough positions to be in. I get the vibe that Gregg was NOT an easy man to deal with before cancer, so now that he's sick, his attitude is on 100. Just like how Gregg is mad at the world, NeNe is also well within her rights to be annoyed with him.

I don't understand years long engagements, and I'll forever think it's silly to refer to marriage as "just a piece of paper," but if it's working for Tanya and her dude, leave them be. I wrote last week that I hope Tanya's being smart with her coins since legally she doesn't have rights to anything (as far as I know). But I can't stand when people say shady shit, they get called out, and then it's like, "oh, I don't care." So, why say anything in the first place? NeNe was definitely projecting her shit onto Tanya. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 5

I may be wildly wrong... are you supposed to eat raw fish when pregnant? I’m thinking no?

late people chap my ass. I do NOT wait. Doctors get 15 minutes, work meetings get 10. People in Atlanta KNOW the traffic is always going to be a CF, so you can miss me with that bs too!

• Love 14

Not Hangry Burruss leaving food on the plate. This chick said she needed a post-meal meal. 😆

LMAO at Aya, “Get on the bus!” I’m glad Nene is getting left next episode. They need to institute that policy for all future excursions, then heifers will learn to be on time. Plus 10 points for Eva making sure all the rooms are the same, cut that immature “best room” nonsense off at the pass.

Poor Porsha and her struggle chopsticks, instead of 🥢 she had them like ❌😑

Someone on another board killed me when they said Tanya’s long face made her resemble Woody from Toy Story. I’m not big on marriage but the “piece of paper” thing sounded a bit defensive to me, as if she’s had to use that line many times before. IMO, better to be happily engaged for three years than unhappily married (and divorced, and remarried) for 20, though.

I’ve read other places that the next episode looks good, maybe they saw a different preview than I did? This trip doesn’t look fun at all so far.

10 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

I may be wildly wrong... are you supposed to eat raw fish when pregnant? I’m thinking no?

Porsha said she was having veggie sushi.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

If I remember correctly, she said she couldn’t fly to Africa because with that health issue (I think you’re right, something about veins and circulation), she would have to fly first class in order to be able to put her feet up or something, and she couldn’t afford it.

I assume since this is a Bravo trip, production paid the first class fare for everyone.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

late people chap my ass. I do NOT wait. Doctors get 15 minutes, work meetings get 10. People in Atlanta KNOW the traffic is always going to be a CF, so you can miss me with that bs too!

Porsha made reference to her vegetarian sushi so I don't think she was consuming the raw fish...but you are correct, you're told not to consume raw fish when pregnant.

Eva was over the top claiming that Porsha was assassinating her character by saying that she throws shade...girl, please, haha. Felt bad for her to get such bad news about her grandpa while so far away from home.

Seeing Nene complain about the women always being late, I knew she would be the one to show up late and it seems just like Nene that she would complain about when others do something that she finds disrespectful to her (notice how all of the flashbacks were of them arriving late to HER events...) but she acted no nonchalant about showing up late herself and making everyone wait on her...just after being told that it's considered disrespectful to Japanese people to show up late to appointments. I know Nene has been feeling a sort of way toward Tanya but her blowup at the end may have been a trickle down affect from whatever argument she had with Greg on the phone...but there's definitely irony in complaining about how someone taking out their frustrations out on you when she in turn is seemingly doing the same thing to someone else. But again, not surprising that Nene is very aware of things when she feels it's being directed at her but she doesn't really give a shit when she's the one treating someone else that way. Seems like next week she's going to get a taste of her own medicine and I'm going to bet she's not going to like it one bit.

I did like how all of the women were genuinely happy for Porsha but I don't think any of them could have been all that surprised. Porsha was showing quite a bit at that point and was still wearing relatively fitted clothing.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, link417 said:

When I tuned in, Nene’s ass was going on about the other women being late,

14 hours ago, Michichick said:

Yes, Nene droned on and then Nene showed up late for their excursion the next morning. Hypocrite.

29 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Seeing Nene complain about the women always being late, I knew she would be the one to show up late and it seems just like Nene that she would complain about when others do something that she finds disrespectful to her (notice how all of the flashbacks were of them arriving late to HER events...) but she acted no nonchalant about showing up late herself and making everyone wait on her...just after being told that it's considered disrespectful to Japanese people to show up late to appointments.

She showed up about 40 minutes late, slow walking to the bus and didn't apologize.  Color me not surprised.  

13 hours ago, Reality police said:

RHONJ! They don't go anywhere without a knock-down, cake throwing, screaming, disrespectful, knuckle dragging, shit talking good time. 

And usually 50% of them are actually family (or should that be "fambly"?).  

12 hours ago, dosodog said:

I cannot deny that of all people to have to lose their luggage, Marlo was the best pick.  I was all giggly. 

But then I saw her face in the airport and on the bus and I felt kind of guilty. This was real!  Foreign country.  A lot of your favorite outfits.  Forever lost until it lands up in that airline lost auction/store and someone gets your stuff for a bargain.

Makes me wonder what the people who land up with Marlo's bags thought when they opened her luggage.  Were they all "Score!" or did they put their hand on their chin, tilt their head and go "Huh.  That's. Interesting...".

What's In Marlo's Luggage?!?!

Oooh, what is this?  The airports auction off lost stuff?  Who's gonna get all of Marlo's tacky ass, expensive pieces for bargain prices?  

• Love 7

I just really can't stand Marlo. I find her to be downright mean and nasty. She just really hits below the belt. So I am glad she lost her luggage.  What is with the Rapunzel braids Eva was sporting ? They were down to her knees.  I would be afraid they would wind up in the toilet...   

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

She showed up about 40 minutes late, slow walking to the bus and didn't apologize.  Color me not surprised.  

Oooh, what is this?  The airports auction off lost stuff?  Who's gonna get all of Marlo's tacky ass, expensive pieces for bargain prices?  

Yep. Once a year, usually in that airline’s home hub. Or maybe there’s a specific auction house they use. I think it’s in Dallas or AZ. I do know it’s NOT in Chicago. Lol

It’s weird that none of Marlo’s pieces made the plane. There’s a story we’re not getting. 

• Love 4

Did they show scenes out of order because I could have sworn that Marlo said something like, "especially if you're pregnant..." before Porsha made her big announcement to the group.  I was waiting for one of the HWs (who didn't already know the news) to remark on it.  However, I will confess that I was seriously multitasking while watching, so I can't trust my memory on the episode 100% -- am I remembering wrong?

• Love 5

I think NeNe certainly has the right to be upset with Gregg if he’s being mean to her. I take care of my 79 year old father who treated me like shit my whole life and then needed me to be his caregiver because no one else would take the job. He’s mean as hell to me every day, and sugar sweet to everyone else.  I do EVERYTHING for him, and he talks to me like I’m his enemy.  So I get it, and I empathize.  But I think the better course is to find someone she trusts to talk about these problems with, not take it to the TV show and social media.  I bitch sometimes about how badly I’m treated and how much I do not want to be the caregiver anymore. I bitch about how hateful  my dad is and how sickening it is to watch him be nice to strangers. I bitch about these things to my husband and my best friends because I can do that privately without putting the situation in a spotlight. Not everything should be broadcast.  NeNe could have done that, but instead she has chosen to use the media to let everyone know how she is the suffering victim.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

It’s weird that none of Marlo’s pieces made the plane. There’s a story we’re not getting. 

Maybe she was her usual rude and obnoxious self to the ticket agent, if she was I hope they sent her luggage to Sheboygan.  @ MMLEsq - I too heard that as well and found it odd..

@Irritable..Very sorry you are going through that... 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Did they all move to Japan?  The amount of luggage was ridiculous.

I had less luggage than that when I spent six months abroad and needed clothes for winter and spring. I have often wondered how much luggage they must take because some of them bring wigs with them. Now I know.

2 hours ago, Irritable said:

I think NeNe certainly has the right to be upset with Gregg if he’s being mean to her. I take care of my 79 year old father who treated me like shit my whole life and then needed me to be his caregiver because no one else would take the job. He’s mean as hell to me every day, and sugar sweet to everyone else.  I do EVERYTHING for him, and he talks to me like I’m his enemy.  So I get it, and I empathize.  But I think the better course is to find someone she trusts to talk about these problems with, not take it to the TV show and social media.  I bitch sometimes about how badly I’m treated and how much I do not want to be the caregiver anymore. I bitch about how hateful  my dad is and how sickening it is to watch him be nice to strangers. I bitch about these things to my husband and my best friends because I can do that privately without putting the situation in a spotlight. Not everything should be broadcast.  NeNe could have done that, but instead she has chosen to use the media to let everyone know how she is the suffering victim.

I agree. I have friends and family who have been caretakers and all of them, to a one, have complained about it. It's very hard, grueling work. There are support groups for caretakers. I remember my coworker lost her father suddenly (massive heart attack in his 70s; he never took good care of himself) and she said her mother said she was relieved, in a way, because they were getting to the age where care was a question. I worry about it a lot with my divorced parents; am I going to have to care for them separately if it comes down to it? My brother isn't going to do it and neither is remarried. I don't think Nene is wrong to feel the way she does, but I do think she should keep those comments off the show.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Eva was over the top claiming that Porsha was assassinating her character by saying that she throws shade...girl, pleas

Last week (or the week before) Eva said she doesn’t have a shady bone in her body. If that is true, then all her ligaments and muscles are composed entirely of shade.  She’s just as shady as she was when she was young and on America’s Next Top Model.

3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Maybe she was her usual rude and obnoxious self to the ticket agent, if she was I hope they sent her luggage to Sheboygan.  @ MMLEsq

That was my first thought also.

@irritable - that is so rough. My thoughts are with you.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Irritable said:

I’m also tired of hearing any HW in any franchise say they deserve this or that luxury thing just for being them.  No one is more deserving of a trip to Japan than Eva for being a mom and planning her wedding? I disagree. It’s a shame about her grandfather, but I still don’t like her.

Speaking of people I don’t like, it rubbed me wrong that Marlo was pissed because none of the women asked her what they could offer her since her luggage was lost. Ask for what you need, or go to the hotel gift shop and buy it.  That’s what we did when we were in Las Vegas for 2 days while our luggage was in Atlanta, because we accept that we are responsible for taking care of ourselves even while we are inconvenienced.

Kandi may be hungry, but that’s no excuse to get snotty about the cuisine in that nice restaurant.  More than likely fried rice was an option if she wanted filling comfort food.

Being a caregiver to a close family member does take a heavy toll, I can empathize with Nene feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, hurt and exhausted.  But I don’t think it’s cool to badmouth the person with cancer on national television.  She needs to dig deep for some inner strength and keep her bitching about Greg’s moods off camera. She said herself he’s upset because he’s got cancer, and I can’t think of a better excuse to be grouchy. She gets to fly off to Japan for vacation while Greg stays home and continues to have cancer, he can’t escape that for even a week. The caregiver has to suck it up when the patient has bad days, but that’s not really in NeNe’s nature.  

Damn.  Apparently this episode got on my nerves because all I’ve done is complain about these complainey women.  Another fantastic trip to an amazing place wasted on people who don’t know how to act right when they travel.

All of this!

I am just glad to have had an episode of Orangutan Jungle School to watch after this as a palate cleanser.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Boofish said:

No offense but it really pisses me off when people refer to black women's weave/extensions as "horsetail" or "horsehair"  

Braids are only heavy the first few days after installation and a ponytail as sleek and thin as Marlo's is not heavy at all nor is it made of horse

I absolutely did not intend offense. And I didn't mean to imply that Marlo's. .(see here's where I got into trouble. I was going to say 'ponytail' but the point i was trying to make was the excessive length, especially Eva, so I went with 'horsetail ') hair was made of anything other than human hair.

We're going through an extended record breaking heatwave in Australia atm and just seeing all that hair gave me hot flushes. However, I do want to know why it is offensive? Seriously. I want to understand so I'm not making ignorant statements anywhere. I had braids done many years ago at a West African salon. Some were real hair, some was fake. The Ghanian hairdresser told me she had clients that traveled from interstate to see her. There are very few salons catering to anything other than caucasian hair here, is my point. Since then, I've absorbed some of the issues with cultural appropriation and I have some understanding of those issues. But again, only from the periphery of mainstream popular culture. 

Most of what I was saying was directed at Eva because those braids were excessively long and heavy looking to me. Marlo's hair drew Kandi to comment as well. Apart from her luggage being lost, Marlo also said something about her hair being an issue that resulted in her lateness with Nene and Shamari for the temple trip. There's obviously a lot of maintenance that goes into these wigs and hair pieces. And probably very little local assistance or understanding in Tokyo, either, probably less than there would be in an Australian capital city actually.

Anyway I apologise for making a comment that was in any way offensive. That wasn't my intention at all and I'd like to ensure i don't do it again.

• Love 17

All that darned hair looked effing ridiculous- real or not. A lady waitress had hair way below her waist. All I could think about was finding hair in my food. Eva and others with that much hair gives me pause every time I see it. It wasn’t even cutely styled.

• Love 7

I think that one positive that could come from NeNe complaining about caring for Gregg is it could be cathartic for other caregivers who think there is something wrong with them because they get angry with the person they're caring for.

Society doesn't really speak of those very real and valid thoughts.

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I absolutely did not intend offense. And I didn't mean to imply that Marlo's. .(see here's where I got into trouble. I was going to say 'ponytail' but the point i was trying to make was the excessive length, especially Eva, so I went with 'horsetail ') hair was made of anything other than human hair.

We're going through an extended record breaking heatwave in Australia atm and just seeing all that hair gave me hot flushes. However, I do want to know why it is offensive? Seriously. I want to understand so I'm not making ignorant statements anywhere. I had braids done many years ago at a West African salon. Some were real hair, some was fake. The Ghanian hairdresser told me she had clients that traveled from interstate to see her. There are very few salons catering to anything other than caucasian hair here, is my point. Since then, I've absorbed some of the issues with cultural appropriation and I have some understanding of those issues. But again, only from the periphery of mainstream popular culture. 

Most of what I was saying was directed at Eva because those braids were excessively long and heavy looking to me. Marlo's hair drew Kandi to comment as well. Apart from her luggage being lost, Marlo also said something about her hair being an issue that resulted in her lateness with Nene and Shamari for the temple trip. There's obviously a lot of maintenance that goes into these wigs and hair pieces. And probably very little local assistance or understanding in Tokyo, either, probably less than there would be in an Australian capital city actually.

Anyway I apologise for making a comment that was in any way offensive. That wasn't my intention at all and I'd like to ensure i don't do it again.

Understood. Black women get so much grief and negative connotations associated with their bodies their mannerisms their hair. Colorful hair on an AA woman - clown and ghetto. Kylie Jenner wears a green wig and she is "setting a trend." 

Hair is either 100% human hair or its synthetic (like braid hair)  and meant to but used temporary and cannot be manipulated with styling products and heat. More than likely Eva was wearing crochet braids where rows of hair is pre-braided then sewn on to her natural hair. That is probably not individual braids in her hair. It probably is a lot of work but I find it odd that if a woman is black all of sudden long hair presents all sorts of problems when other women have hair to their ass and not only is it never compared to ANY ANIMALS HAIR no one seems to find it gross and uncomfortable. *hop off soapbox*

• Love 10
9 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I once saw on a news show that there is a place in Alabama that sells stuff lost on planes and unclaimed. They even have had dentures, prosthetic limbs if I recall correctly.

8 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

Did they show scenes out of order because I could have sworn that Marlo said something like, "especially if you're pregnant..." before Porsha made her big announcement to the group.  I was waiting for one of the HWs (who didn't already know the news) to remark on it.  However, I will confess that I was seriously multitasking while watching, so I can't trust my memory on the episode 100% -- am I remembering wrong?

I heard that too.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Right on par for Bravo - a bunch of entitled ugly-ass Americans disrespecting another culture. Sorry world!

We've been beaten by a family of 12 from England! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/human-interest/2019/01/new-zealand-tourists-john-johnson-tina-cash-arrest.amp

A couple of years ago, I saw a documentary about lost luggage. There is 2 systems. One is a store you go into--think of it as a airplane version of Goodwill.  The other was an auction where you bid sight unseen on pieces of luggage. 

Marlo's luggage in an auction would be much more fun.

And why doesn't A&E have a series called Lost Luggage Wars?

• Love 14

I guess I'm alone on this island but I would love to get my hands on Marlo's luggage. Her ugly personality aside she be serving some looks that I love. I do wish I could see what she would do without all the labels. But that Fendi sweater and those pumps last night? I was here for it .. I will walk of shame myself to another thread. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Boofish said:

But ‘ponytail’ is ok?

I refer to super long hair as ‘mermaid hair’ and find it ridiculous.

As for tardiness, it almost seems like these woman are late to prove a point about HOW IMPORTANT they are that everyone will wait for them. I find this habit ridiculous too.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

But ‘ponytail’ is ok?

I refer to super long hair as ‘mermaid hair’ and find it ridiculous.

As for tardiness, it almost seems like these woman are late to prove a point about HOW IMPORTANT they are that everyone will wait for them. I find this habit ridiculous too.

Ponytail is a hairstyle worn by women from all walks of life. Like I said I FIND it offensive - only speaking for me. Horse hair is generally used to describe weave in a black women's hair that people find unattractive or its obvious it's not hers. I'm moving on. You can call it whatever you please nothing I can do to stop you.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Boofish said:

Ponytail is a hairstyle worn by women from all walks of life. Like I said I FIND it offensive - only speaking for me. Horse hair is generally used to describe weave in a black women's hair that people find unattractive or its obvious it's not hers. I'm moving on. You can call it whatever you please nothing I can do to stop you.

Hey, I was only asking a question to clarify because I don’t know what the difference is for you. Thankyou for answering but perhaps remember that not all of us are from the same country as you and aren’t necessarily familiar with the same issues. I wanted clarity because I did not see the difference between pony and horse tails. At least these stupid housewife shows bring us together so we can teach/learn.

• Love 12