Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Rebirth

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

No episode description is currently available.

The final stages are set for Jazz to undergo the most significant procedure of her entire life, gender confirmation surgery; her doctors provide the final details of this highly experimental and potentially complicated operation.

I grew up in Miami and I think this family lives maybe an hour from there? Not entirely sure.  They do a great job at showing how pretty S. Florida is.  I never appreciated how green it is til I moved away and came back the first time to visit.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Over/under shall be set at 19 times.

I counted 5 vaginas by the first commercial. Also Port Jarvis, where grandpa lived at age 9, is where they went river swimming on their last trip to New York.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

What did those guys say to or about Jazz when she was at the sidewalk cafe with mom?

Not clear. It was from one of the first episodes and very fake. Jazz and her mom are having lunch at an otherwise deserted restaurants and two men, whose faces were mysteriously blurred out, walk by and the two take insult. Wasn’t as fake as on Big Fat Fabulous Life when they guy walking by hurling the insult was wearing a microphone pack. On Jazz, they had a voice on a phone that was obviously a production assistant insult Jazz in a different episode.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Concerned said:

Not clear. It was from one of the first episodes and very fake. Jazz and her mom are having lunch at an otherwise deserted restaurants and two men, whose faces were mysteriously blurred out, walk by and the two take insult. Wasn’t as fake as on Big Fat Fabulous Life when they guy walking by hurling the insult was wearing a microphone pack. On Jazz, they had a voice on a phone that was obviously a production assistant insult Jazz in a different episode.

Thanks. I'm not a regular viewer so I'm not hip to the full history. I hate the staged drama and cliffhanger commercials. Watching MBFFL for just a few minutes made me want to retch. Why do they all act & sound like 14 y/o girls??

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Thanks. I'm not a regular viewer so I'm not hip to the full history. I hate the staged drama and cliffhanger commercials. Watching MBFFL for just a few minutes made me want to retch. Why do they all act & sound like 14 y/o girls??

What I wonder about many of these shows is why do people participate. What’s in it for Jazz and her family to televise their private moments. The dad’s a lawyer so it’s not like they need money. The lure of fame and fortune must be irrisitable. Whitney and her crew, however, seem completely unemployable if not for their TV show.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Concerned said:

What I wonder about many of these shows is why do people participate. What’s in it for Jazz and her family to televise their private moments. The dad’s a lawyer so it’s not like they need money. The lure of fame and fortune must be irrisitable. Whitney and her crew, however, seem completely unemployable if not for their TV show.

I'm hoping one day we get a cross-over with Whitney on My 600 Pound Life. She's whining about not having someone so maybe she can hook up with Sean.

• Love 1

I don't know what to think about this show anymore.  I was hoping to learn something but sadly much of it makes me angry in that there is no room for education.  I'm only saying that because of the previous posts on the thread because I remember that lunch scene.  One scene from the first season I distinctly remember was a friend of the twins who asked them, very respectfully, about transgenderism.  We're talking kids here.  The twins attacked him verbally and that so turned me off -- the show was a lie.  IOW, there would be no questions.  I really felt sorry for that kid.  I'm an old lady and have questions too.  I'd like to understand.  And not be called a hater.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Otter said:

I don't know what to think about this show anymore.  I was hoping to learn something but sadly much of it makes me angry in that there is no room for education.  I'm only saying that because of the previous posts on the thread because I remember that lunch scene.  One scene from the first season I distinctly remember was a friend of the twins who asked them, very respectfully, about transgenderism.  We're talking kids here.  The twins attacked him verbally and that so turned me off -- the show was a lie.  IOW, there would be no questions.  I really felt sorry for that kid.  I'm an old lady and have questions too.  I'd like to understand.  And not be called a hater.  

I get it. I want to be an ally too and have questions. I would think these folks might be happy to educate. If it's just manufactured drama, they reduce the platform to a freak show and I'm not interested.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

I get it. I want to be an ally too and have questions. I would think these folks might be happy to educate.

1 hour ago, Otter said:

I'm an old lady and have questions too.  I'd like to understand.  And not be called a hater.  

It's better for the questions thread, not this show's thread, but I'm more than happy to answer and all questions you might have, as someone who went through all this ages ago. I will not bite your head off, just want to educate, as much as you are willing to learn. :)

As for this particular show, my thoughts will need to wait. 9-10PM Eastern is always loaded with prior engagements.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

What did those guys say to or about Jazz when she was at the sidewalk cafe with mom?

It was from the first episode (which was recently aired and since I hadn't seen the first 2 seasons I watched it.). He said "Hi Jazz" very pleasantly and followed it with "t***** freak" in an under his breath but still meant to be heard manner.  

2 hours ago, Concerned said:

If I'm not mistaken Jeanette has been doing this since Jazz was tiny.  Why?  My guess starts with an F and rhymes with amewhore.

1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

Griffen (paraphrasing): "I'm looking forward to the day when Jazz's vagina isn't a main topic of discussion anymore."

Jazz's siblings are all very supportive, but they must be SO over her as the center of everything in their family.  No wonder Griffen is clinging so hard to the new girlfriend.  It must be nice to have someone's attention full time.

But sorry to burst your bubble Griffen, I don't think Jazz will ever stop talking about her vagina.  Especially when it likely becomes apparent that just having one isn't going to solve all her problems and magically make her happy.

And they were afraid she'd spill the secret to grandpa?  Not unless the secret was about her vagina!

Edited by princelina
  • Love 3

First, many of my predictions were accurate.

Second, for once Jazz said she is not concerned with her vagina being pretty.  She wants it to look normal.  Yet somehow no one said FFS, what you really care about is a normal appearing vulva and a vagina within normal size range/that is functional.

Third, Griffen speaks for us all.

Fourth, okay, we get it; Jazz had a really small penis.  A teeny peeny. A half a roll of pennies. She challenged a Ken doll for size.  I wonder if her brothers find the need to point out they went through puberty and their dicks grew for fear others think they share her fate.

Fifth, way to ruin any tension for the last ten minutes by running the promo for the next episode during the show.  TLC is a mess.

I wish Jazz the best but I find the show very dull.

• Love 5

Grandpa cracks me up.  He thinks boobs are pretty, but anything below that is not so good looking, but it gets the job done.  That's kind of how I feel.  Vaginas aren't pretty, they're functional.

I can't imagine the pain of this surgery.  It must be incredibly painful just to sit, walk, pee.  Ugh, bring on the painkillers.

• Love 6

I don't normally feel this way, but, it might be a good idea for Jazz to go away to college, so she can live for a while without her mother's influence.  

I thought Jazz had a good attitude going in to a very daunting experience.  The pain must be incredible. But, I suppose really wanting the procedure helps. a lot. 

Parts are annoying, but, I still like to watch the show.  I do think Jazz has a lot to give. I would be more interested in her contributions, if her mother was not involved.  

Does anyone know how old her maternal grandfather is?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, janey99 said:

I was only half paying attention, but did Jazz and her brother pee in the bushes at a *cemetery*!?

I was only paying half attention as I was eating my Blue Bell Mardi Gras King Cake ice cream, which is pretty good.  Yes, they went off into the bushes, but fortunately we didn't see them pee.  There was an episode a week or two ago when she went to the bathroom and said something about  it being one of the last times she would be peeing standing up.  I was half expecting the phrase "peeing standing up" to start appearing almost as frequently as "pretty vagina" but it hasn't. 

I cannot imagine how much this surgery must hurt.  Probably as much as childbirth, but it sounds like the recovery would be a lot harder.   I hope she can go off to college and get away from mom for a while.  I can see her moving to Orlando.

• Love 1

My satellite went out for a minute on my DVR recording due to ice, but what was the surprise for grandpa? I saw they were taking him somewhere that had to do with his childhood but I missed the story. When it came back they were posing for a picture. Can anyone fill me on what I missed?

Grandpa cracks me up. He is the only one that has no problem being blunt with Princess Jazz. Asking her in the hotel room if she was getting tired of being in the limelight, doing interviews, etc. Of course she said no. 

I don't know why they had to drag gramps and grams to NY anyway. Let them be. Stay in Florida and do what the retired folks there do.  Play golf, go to early bird dinner at 5pm, walk on the beach and have your heart surgery. That is not something you should put off when you are closing in on 80 years old. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jadzia said:

My satellite went out for a minute on my DVR recording due to ice, but what was the surprise for grandpa? I saw they were taking him somewhere that had to do with his childhood but I missed the story. When it came back they were posing for a picture. Can anyone fill me on what I missed?

They took gramps to the home he grew up in.  The woman who lived there let them tour the house; he talked to the little boy that lived there.  I think the boy was about 8, and grandpa said he had moved into that house when he was about 8.  then they went to the point where three states meet, and we saw a picture of him sitting on the marker.  Jazz and a brother went off into the wood to pee before everyone posed for a picture.   I think someone up thread said that the family had posed at that same location years ago.  While touring the house they talked about how it helped them connect with him which I guess it did in a way.  I lived for a while in the house my gr-gr grandparents built so I was the 5th generation to live in it.  I guess they feel unconnected from his past because they live so far away now, but so do a lot of people.

• Love 1

What I found interesting was that, when they were searching for surgeons, Dr McGinn told them it would be two-surgery process.  She is a well known and highly respected expert in transgender surgery. However, they kept searching for a surgeon that would tell them what they wanted to hear. Then, bingo, day of surgery, the surgeon they chose informs them that it’s most likely to be two-surgery process.  If I were Jazz’ parents, I would be mighty pissed right now.  Not because it has to be done but because they’re being told at the last minute.  One would think that their surgeon would’ve known that right from the get go.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kid said:

What I found interesting was that, when they were searching for surgeons, Dr McGinn told them it would be two-surgery process.  She is a well known and highly respected expert in transgender surgery. However, they kept searching for a surgeon that would tell them what they wanted to hear. Then, bingo, day of surgery, the surgeon they chose informs them that it’s most likely to be two-surgery process.  If I were Jazz’ parents, I would be mighty pissed right now.  Not because it has to be done but because they’re being told at the last minute.  One would think that their surgeon would’ve known that right from the get go.  

At least they will get another season with a second operation as Jazz searches for the perfect vagina.

• Love 4

I thought it was weird the entire family went to the hospital. Whenever one of my kids had a procedure, I just took that kid, I left siblings at home. And grandparents. I mean did she need 10 people there with her?

I did enjoy the forecasted B-roll footage of New York City, every time they ran it I said "Ah! the B roll footage!!!" 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

I thought it was weird the entire family went to the hospital. Whenever one of my kids had a procedure, I just took that kid, I left siblings at home. And grandparents. I mean did she need 10 people there with her?

This is a bit more than a procedure.  Also it is a reality tv show.  Not sure if the "Jennings" paid for the hotel and airfare or if TLC did or if it was a combination.  I thought it was rather weird that every one went to NYC , but who wants to turn down a trip to the Big Apple.   I am sure the mom was glad to have her father who is a doctor with her as well as her mom as they are so supportive.  I think mom would be a basket case if she were there alone or just with her husband. It turned out to be a longer surgery than expected, so it probably was good that everyone was there.   I was glad to see Ari just because we haven't seen much of her.  I FF'd past the twins at the gym.  I didn't realize the hotel was so near the hospital until they walked over there with the two protection dudes.  I can understand the whole family walking as a group  to  protect her. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Remember that it is reality TV and often staged and scripted.  I think it is quite possible that Jazz' doctor did indeed tell her about the probability of needing a second surgery, but it was cut from the episode in order to spring it on the audience as a shocking twist in the surgery episode.  It could be that Jazz' surgeon was more optimistic that the procedure could be completed in a single session than the other doctors were, but I find it pretty hard to believe that an experienced surgeon with her credentials would deliberately mislead Jazz, her family and the audience as to the potential for needing more surgery.  It makes no sense.  I have a feeling that, most likely, all of the surgery consults were staged and that Jazz and her family knew from the start which doctor she would 'choose' and where and how it would take place.

48 minutes ago, Twopper said:

This is a bit more than a procedure.  Also it is a reality tv show.  Not sure if the "Jennings" paid for the hotel and airfare or if TLC did or if it was a combination.  I thought it was rather weird that every one went to NYC , but who wants to turn down a trip to the Big Apple.   I am sure the mom was glad to have her father who is a doctor with her as well as her mom as they are so supportive.  I think mom would be a basket case if she were there alone or just with her husband. It turned out to be a longer surgery than expected, so it probably was good that everyone was there.   I was glad to see Ari just because we haven't seen much of her.  I FF'd past the twins at the gym.  I didn't realize the hotel was so near the hospital until they walked over there with the two protection dudes.  I can understand the whole family walking as a group  to  protect her. 

I think the whole family was there because they have a contract with TLC and they appear in the episodes as TLC demands.  Maybe they are exceptionally close and the entire clan would've gathered in NYC and sat around the waiting room for hours and hours even if there weren't cameras there, but I suspect TLC wanted as many there as possible in order to obtain as much footage as possible as well as the variety of different reactions and comments that come from interviewing a lot of different people.  If nothing else, presuming that Jazz perhaps wasn't going to be feeling up to filming in the days following the surgery, getting some filler commentary from the rest of them ensured that they would get enough material to turn the surgery into the multi-part TV event that TLC undoubtedly wanted.  And, sure, I don't doubt that the production company/TLC picked up the tab for all of them.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 9

I would be pissed if I were the surgery team, because the way they're being portrayed is totally unprofessional and improvisational to a frightening degree. Either they actually ARE unprofessional and improvisational, or there are lots of conversations being left on the cutting room floor and all these "we were totally shocked to hear X at the last second" THs are doing a total hatchet job on the surgeons' collective integrity.

• Love 12

I had the opposite reaction to this episode than most of you. I was really struck and touched by how supportive of each other the whole family is. They really did go on this journey together, and I think that while the siblings are probably tired of talking about vaginas, they understand how big of a deal this has been for Jazz for her whole life. They also don’t function as kids who were lacking for attention during their lives. They have loving moments with each other and their parents both on the TLC cameras and their personal camera footage. They all went/are going to a good university. The reality show has allowed the family to pay for all of Jazz’s needs without it cutting into the money for them to go to school, have a beautiful house, and have whatever they need. I just find them all so loving, toward each other and the grandparents. I believe they really wanted to be on the NY trip and at the hospital. This is their sister. They LOVE her. When someone in your family has a more complicated life/health situation than you, you are there for them. I see a strong, loving family supporting each other. Also, all the siblings are over 18, so they could have chosen not to do the show if they were that neglected.

Edited by truebluesmoky
Typos and because UF is a public university
  • Love 16
34 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I would be pissed if I were the surgery team, because the way they're being portrayed is totally unprofessional and improvisational to a frightening degree. Either they actually ARE unprofessional and improvisational, or there are lots of conversations being left on the cutting room floor and all these "we were totally shocked to hear X at the last second" THs are doing a total hatchet job on the surgeons' collective integrity.

They are definitely improvising.  They fully admit to it on camera.  I noticed that they(the primary surgeons) threw out comments about “pioneering” and “first time this has ever been done”.

I understand it isn’t their first time at performing gender confirmation surgery, but with the unique set of circumstances that Jazz presents with (puberty blockers before puberty + HRT), it is the first opportunity they have to address the “ complications” that come with beginning transitioning at a prepubescent age.   Jazz is the “guinea pig” that they will undoubtedly refer to and their techniques on her case will be incorporated into their practice(s) for future surgeries when more parents of transgender youth follow in Jeanette and Greg’s footsteps.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Jazz's mother bragged how she ended up with a living daughter instead of a dead son. What she fails to realize though, is that she ended up with three other half dead kids from a lack of her attention. For 18 years, it has pretty much been all Jazz, 24/7 it looks like. Nothing but crumbs left over for the rest of the kids. And she turned Jazz into a selfish, unmannerly princess. That surely didn't do the girl any favors in the end. Time to get off TV and just sit at home and admire her new vagina to her heart's content. Will she ever be able to move on and accomplish anything else in her life with her albatross of a mother hanging around her neck? Mama won't let go of the lime light without a fight, and I imagine Jazz might not either.

Maybe Jeanette can fatten up a kid for My 600 Pound Life; or get her mom booked on Botched; or Intervention if Jazz develops a painkiller problem after surgery. Mom can milk the reality TV shows for years.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

They all went/are going to a good, private university.

The twins are/ were at the University of Florida with Ari at one point, but even with it being a state school, it is expensive to have three kids living on campus or in a nearby apartment.

4 hours ago, Ravello said:

And don’t get me started on Jazz who might be the most immature, narcissistic and spoiled teen on TV

I think the puberty blockers not only blocked her physical development but probably had some effect on her emotional development.  Then she got estrogen after the puberty blockers.  It would seem that all that messing with her hormones might have some effect on her.  Or maybe not.  I don't really know.  Also she has just been so focused on being trans and  being a spokesman for it so I think being a mini-celeb in the area and on tv probably inflated her ego.

• Love 3

The whole blubbering scene where Jeanette is crying about how this surgery is SO REAL and SO WEIRD because she gave birth to a son but now she's getting a daughter...blah blah blah fishcakes, bitch! She acts like she's Trans Rights Numero Uno supporter and she says this on camera? I thought that was the weirdest thing she could have possibly said. I mean, it seemed sincere, but given the number of years she's had to process this, and the fact that even though doctors and her husband wanted Jazz to wait til she's 18, Jeanette's been pushing for this surgery as much as Jazz has, so all of a sudden she's 'losing a son'? What the fuckity fuck Jeanette?!?

• Love 6

MOD NOTE

Folks,

A few posts were removed for violating the Mod notes for this forum.  We're not calling you haters, but we would like anyone who hasn't posted in this forum previously or hasn't been here in awhile to reacquaint themselves with the master Mod note on this forum. The "READ ME!" in the title is more than a suggestion.  The exclamation point makes it a command.  (We are a demanding bunch).

• Love 2
10 hours ago, gingerella said:

The whole blubbering scene where Jeanette is crying about how this surgery is SO REAL and SO WEIRD because she gave birth to a son but now she's getting a daughter...blah blah blah fishcakes, bitch! She acts like she's Trans Rights Numero Uno supporter and she says this on camera? I thought that was the weirdest thing she could have possibly said. I mean, it seemed sincere, but given the number of years she's had to process this, and the fact that even though doctors and her husband wanted Jazz to wait til she's 18, Jeanette's been pushing for this surgery as much as Jazz has, so all of a sudden she's 'losing a son'? What the fuckity fuck Jeanette?!?

Legally Jazz had to be 18, there was no getting around that. Most transwomen don't get the surgeries well into their 30s or older, if at all. 

15 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think the puberty blockers not only blocked her physical development but probably had some effect on her emotional development.  Then she got estrogen after the puberty blockers.  It would seem that all that messing with her hormones might have some effect on her.  Or maybe not.  

19 hours ago, kicotan said:

understand it isn’t their first time at performing gender confirmation surgery, but with the unique set of circumstances that Jazz presents with (puberty blockers before puberty + HRT), it is the first opportunity they have to address the “ complications” that come with beginning transitioning at a prepubescent age.

Sounds to me like the Jeanette and Greg didn't know what they were doing by putting Jazz on the blockers at such a young age. I wonder if they feel any guilt about that. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, gingerella said:

I thought that was the weirdest thing she could have possibly said. I mean, it seemed sincere, but given the number of years she's had to process this, and the fact that even though doctors and her husband wanted Jazz to wait til she's 18, Jeanette's been pushing for this surgery as much as Jazz has, so all of a sudden she's 'losing a son'?

I wasn't sure how much Jeanette  really wanted the surgery;  I think she would have been equally supportive had Jazz not wanted surgery.  She did seem a bit eager for the puberty blockers, not realizing their use would make any future surgery challenging.

I think it was one of those times when thoughts of the past start crowding your brain.  She did give birth to a son, and now Jazz in a way is giving birth to herself as a female.  I understand having mixed feelings about it especially as she sees Jazz wheeled off to the OR. 

I have a family member that is FTM, but he didn't claim to be a boy growing up.  Fortunately, he is very forgiving when he is "misgendered" by family members including the immediate family who has had more time to process it than those of us who live away.  Also everyone had feelings of loss for the girl we once knew despite being supportive of the man he has become.  It does seem to play on one's emotions a bit when you have lots of memories of the person before the transition.   Their memories of Jazz are of a baby boy; surgery cannot change that.

35 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Sounds to me like the Jeanette and Greg didn't know what they were doing by putting Jazz on the blockers at such a young age. I wonder if they feel any guilt about that. 

I think she was probably one of the first teens to have that done so it was rather experimental and has had a few unintended results in that she seems to have zero libido.  The puberty blockers worry me.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Visaman666 said:

Legally Jazz had to be 18, there was no getting around that. Most transwomen don't get the surgeries well into their 30s or older, if at all. 

No, that isn’t true, there was no legal age she had to be. In fact, there has been no legal age for any procedures she has had, only parental consent and in the case of bottom surgery she needed to get two letters from psychologists stating she was emotionally/mentally stable and ready for surgery (though many of us doubt she was/is, but we'll see), and she had to lose weight, and I’m sure another parental consent form since she wasn’t 18 yet.  In fact, her friend had bottom surgery when she was about 15 or so, and Jazz had her surgery at age 17, last June I believe it was. Her father and IIRC others had suggested she wait until she turned 18 and finished high school, but Jazz gets what Jazz wants and she wanted the surgery ASAP so she got it this past summer, when she was 17. The premise was that she could recover over the summer before senior year of HS began.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4

Wow, I haven't watched this show since the first season until now and boy how Jazz has become obsessed with getting a vagina.  While I understand hoping she gets a "pretty" one, the rest of us that were naturally born with one pretty much have had to learn to accept the vagina we got whether we like it or not.  And she may have to as well.  I just hope she can.  She's a little immature in my opinion, but then again she is young.  She has very high hopes that I fear will inevitably be dashed and disappointment will set in.  I hope not, but it seems destined for that just based on what I see.  Plus I think it's in poor taste for her to throw around the word vagina and how she feels about having one everywhere all the time like it's something people just say offhand 30 times a day at the dinner table in a restaurant.  Because they don't.  Please note that this is NOT coming from transphobia or homophobia or anything like that.  I think she should have everything she wants but is not being 100% realistic.  Maybe I just have Jazz-phobia.  I feel sorry for her siblings having to live with her at the center of attention all the time.  I truly hope she calms down after the surgery and goes on to live a normal life.  Unfortunately that's hard to do after being the star of a reality show.

• Love 7
On 1/23/2019 at 12:55 PM, Kid said:

From what I recall the other surgeons said it would be two surgeries where they would do part of the surgery in one and then finish it in the other.  From what they heard now surgery #2 would be cosmetic, so that's slightly different.  Part of me thinks I don't believe any of this and all of their "surprise" is for tv drama; the other part of me thinks they are so pushy and u sed to getting their own way that they just barreled ahead without asking the proper questions.

46 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

the rest of us that were naturally born with one pretty much have had to learn to accept the vagina we got whether we like it or not.  

Not anymore!  Plastic surgery isn't just for faces these days :D

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, princelina said:

Not anymore!  Plastic surgery isn't just for faces these days :D

Yeah, but Medicare and most, if not all health insurance companies won’t cover it for those born biologically female.  Medicare decides on a case by case basis for those who are transitioning.

“...Among the procedures that comprise female genital plastic surgery are labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, labia majoraplasty, monsplasty and vaginoplasty...The average cost of a labiaplasty is $2,984, according to 2017 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons...”

I’m just guessing but I would imagine that Jazz’s parents have had a financial plan in place for this eventual surgery or combination of surgeries for Jazz, possibly putting away or investing monies from her book sales, the reality show or possible paid guest appearances since she was much younger so that she would have resources in case insurance wouldn’t cover it or would only partially cover it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kicotan said:

Yeah, but Medicare

Isn't Medicare for retired folks?

Also, if Jazz really wants a perfect vaj, she needs to go to Bangkok, the epicenter of cosmetic and trans surgery. You'd think it'd be enough to get the correct genitalia...finally...but nope, still whining about it being "pretty".

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kicotan said:

Yeah, but Medicare and most, if not all health insurance companies won’t cover it for those born biologically female.  Medicare decides on a case by case basis for those who are transitioning.

“...Among the procedures that comprise female genital plastic surgery are labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, labia majoraplasty, monsplasty and vaginoplasty...The average cost of a labiaplasty is $2,984, according to 2017 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons...”

I’m just guessing but I would imagine that Jazz’s parents have had a financial plan in place for this eventual surgery or combination of surgeries for Jazz, possibly putting away or investing monies from her book sales, the reality show or possible paid guest appearances since she was much younger so that she would have resources in case insurance wouldn’t cover it or would only partially cover it.

True.  I was kind of joking but not really - and it seems like people who really want plastic surgery find a way.  Like when my SIL married a drug addict and they as a couple lost literally everything - their house, both cars, jobs, insurance, 401K, bank accounts, credit - but they always had money for booze, cigarettes, and tattoos.

• Love 2
On 1/23/2019 at 4:41 AM, janey99 said:

I was only half paying attention, but did Jazz and her brother pee in the bushes at a *cemetery*!?

You say that like you're new to the Jennings family and to viewing Jazz's rudimentary grasp on basic manners and hygiene. Welcome!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

You'd think it'd be enough to get the correct genitalia...finally...but nope, still whining about it being "pretty".

I  know, the last word I would use to describe my vagina is "pretty".  I don't even look down in the shower! 

3 hours ago, gingerella said:

You say that like you're new to the Jennings family and to viewing Jazz's rudimentary grasp on basic manners and hygiene. Welcome!

Yikes, it's even shocking to me and I actually watched the first season.  Although she's grown up a lot since then.  She seems more arrogant and self absorbed/obsessed now.

I hate to say it, but maybe her family is so set on "letting Jazz be Jazz" that they didn't impress those things on her and she doesn't think she should have to observe them.   Then again her brother wanted to go pee in the bushes in the cemetery too so maybe it's the family.  I haven't watched enough of the show to figure that out.

Anyway, once she has a vagina she's going to have to learn better hygiene.

• Love 3