Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/21/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:
  •  
  • Elsa is being quite with Chris - did you see her eyes squinting - its her brain working super hard to understand one word out of hi

Yes  she had her serious pundint face on.  Or she's constipated.

8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think she was talking about Roman forums, which were sort of central plazas in towns and villages, where the public was able to observe all kinds of things - good and bad that took place during ancient times and cultures.  At least, I think that is what she was attempting to reference.

(ooops....she said it again during Chris Cuomo's first segment!)  :-)

She was conflating Greco-Roman wrestling with the Roman Colliseum. ("Are we not amused?").  Two different things, Meggie. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Joy: What is this, Hate Jim Acosta Day?

Exactly, Joy. Abby and Meghan keep bringing him up and I love that Sunny said that he should just come on the show so he can defend himself. Meghan smugly says, "oh I would love for him to come on the show." Yeah, so you can try your ridiculous "gotcha" questions on him that he's smart enough not to fall for?

And she mentioned S.E. Cupp as being one of the good journalists on CNN. HA! She is NOT a journalist and Meghan only mentioned her because they're good friends in real life. S.E. Cupp has a BA in art history from Cornell and a Masters of Art, I believe. 

SE has her own show on CNN which is terrible. 

Bring on Acosta! 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, WonderWuman73 said:

SE has her own show on CNN which is terrible. 

Bring on Acosta! 

Yes, I edited my original comment to mention how she sucks so bad that HLN moved her from their M-F 5pm slot to the one hour Saturday night slot on CNN. It's absolutely trash, I agree.

And yassss! C'mon PTP, bring on Acosta! He handles bullies for a living. Meghan is no match. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She was conflating Greco-Roman wrestling with the Roman Colliseum. ("Are we not amused?").  Two different things, Meggie. 

She is stupid and I hope people on tweeter point that out to her..

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She’s used that line from “The Gladiator “ before- every chance she gets

And also (Lord I’m full of complaints about today’s show!). Abby said in the beginning about the 2 things that happened to her today.  Some guy in a coffee shop made a joke, and she talked to her brother.  

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I liked Joy in Cuomo's interview, if for nothing but giving voice to what a lot of people see which is that even if Trump killed someone on camera like he'd said throughout the campaign, Senate Republicans would still not impeach him.

Just a clarification: It's the House that would Impeach, and the Senate that would convict. But your point stands.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Lmaoooo Meggie gets mad at the audience yet again - and Joy encourages them to clap on, LOL! 

I caught that too! She's so petty and immature.

Why does she always, always look at the audience?? She's the only one I remember doing this on a daily basis.

• Love 23
37 minutes ago, SunFun said:

Kudos to you guys for being able to daily watch Megan the Megalomaniac. I try. Gawd, she's an awful screeching banshee.

And...there are voice coaches The View could hire. That might help with the constant interrupting/nails on blackboard effect. On second thought, maybe not.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

So Chris posted a pic of him in the dressing room and I just noticed the WiFi password is framed and visible, lol. 🤣

(re: the wifi info in picture above)

Who knew the View's wifi password was Meg's nickname?🤣🤣🤣😀

• Love 18
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

And, while I kind of understood the point she was trying to make, she used the phrase incorrectly (again...).  The Greco-Roman culture was a period of peace and prosperity throughout the Roman Empire, lasting from 27 B.C. to 180 A.D. This time period provided the ideal conditions for the spread of Christianity. Greco-roman. An ancient culture that developed from a blending of Greek, Hellenistic, and Roman cultures. (copied from a Google search). 

I think she was talking about Roman forums, which were sort of central plazas in towns and villages, where the public was able to observe all kinds of things - good and bad, that took place during ancient times and cultures.  At least, I think that is what she was attempting to reference.

(ooops....she said it again during Chris Cuomo's first segment!)  :-)

You’re giving her too much credit. I think she was simply referring to a wrestling style. She’s such an idiot. 

• Love 14

I can't believe how many times Meghan said Greco Roman.  I can understand her saying it once but to say it quite a few times without the producer in her ear telling her she was mixing things up makes me believe everyone behind the scenes hates her.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I've never seen anyone on TV attack their audience before. And repeatedly.

She's stated on the show before that she's used to being in an echo chamber, so when the audience claps for the person making a counterargument, she (childishly and pathetically) takes offense to it.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Of course she’s going to point out her friends SE Suck and Van Jones because she’s going to be on his show on Saturday. Leave Jim Acosta alone. I hope he does do the show just to shut her up. I  Still can’t fucking wrap my head around this lumpy dumb potato defending Trump in any way after all the obvious shade and total lack of disregard for her father!? 

This confuses me too. It's not like she is defending his policies,  she will say she disagrees with him on what ever crazy he is calling a policy , it's bizarre that when the other host start to tear him apart for his trash behavior,  his lies, his lack of empathy, she jumps to his defense.  Today she said "he won, get over it!" I cant remember what was being said but she does this often like she has to protect him. So strange. As you said Trump attacked her father and Meghan has said she dislikes Trump.  It's very bizarre. 

• Love 18
51 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan contradicted herself (big surprise).  When they were talking about the shutdown and why is Trump holding out for the wall Meghan said for the good of the country.  Just last week she said she was against the wall.

Also when Joy said Trump cancelled DACA Meghan said he won he can do that.  OK Meghan so after Obama won I'm sure you were OK with every thing he did right?

When she said that, I think she means good for Arizona. Today when they were discussing where Trump should deliver the State of the Union address, she said  he should do something at  the Arizona border. Other states border Mexico, why only at the state she hails from?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

This confuses me too. It's not like she is defending his policies,  she will say she disagrees with him on what ever crazy he is calling a policy , it's bizarre that when the other host start to tear him apart for his trash behavior,  his lies, his lack of empathy, she jumps to his defense.  Today she said "he won, get over it!" I cant remember what was being said but she does this often like she has to protect him. So strange. As you said Trump attacked her father and Meghan has said she dislikes Trump.  It's very bizarre. 

1) I think her hubby plays a huge role 

and

2) I think she wants to separate herself from what she considers "Trump Derangement Syndrome" at the table (using the words I see from people who criticize the show - they accuse Joy of this in particular). 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

2) I think she wants to separate herself from what she considers "Trump Derangement Syndrome" at the table (using the words I see from people who criticize the show - they accuse Joy of this in particular). 

Which would be funny considering McCain is hands down the most deranged person to ever sit at The View table.

• Love 13

Re Abby, today she complained about not having had a chance to speak after Joy told her to wait until Sunny was finished.  Then when she finally got her chance, she told about someone at the coffee shop who wants to leave the country and move somewhere warm (WTF?).  And her convo with her brother who is serving in the military and told her the country has survived worse and will get through this.  No shit, Sherlock.

During the Cuomo segment, she tried to align herself with him citing complaints that he is a "both sides" guy and said that she also gets criticized for that.  He did not align himself with her.

And, just cause we know that Raw Story is NutMeg's favourite site, they posted this about today:

Meghan McCain shouts increasingly louder

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Re Abby, today she complained about not having had a chance to speak after Joy told her to wait until Sunny was finished.  Then when she finally got her chance, she told about someone at the coffee shop who wants to leave the country and move somewhere warm (WTF?).  And her convo with her brother who is serving in the military and told her the country has survived worse and will get through this.  No shit, Sherlock.

Abby wants us to believe she sees both sides but all she does mention the other side and then plunk down on the right side.  And she seemed shocked that the coffee shop worker was thinking about leaving the country if things get really bad.  Of course that would never occur to her because things will never get really bad for her.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Word (phrase) of the day: Greco-Roman. 

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Don't forget she also used the word vociferously and petulant... I guess Megan has been reading the dictionary. Plus, Megan is the last person to ever call somebody petulant.

I think somebody bought her Word of the Day toilet paper for Christmas.  There's a joke in here about verbal diarrhea but I don't have the energy to come up with it. 

• Love 13
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, Tammee said:

I'm glad they finally acknowledged the Preggers Chair lol.  And just changing the seat cover, reupholster it, won't work.  it's still alive LOL. Burn the chair! Burn the chair! Burn the chair!  Nothing short of a new chair will be accepted.  So it is told.....

Get rid of the Preggo Chair entirely, which would mean getting rid of one host.  Since NutMeg is having more difficulty by the day climbing up onto her stool, I suggest she be the one to disappear.

7 minutes ago, bannana said:

And, just cause we know that Raw Story is NutMeg's favourite site, they posted this about today:

Meghan McCain shouts increasingly louder

It figures Raw Story would be her favorite site.  All RS does is gather, compile, reorganize, and <dare I say> plagiarize articles that have already appeared elsewhere in an attempt to make them look like original writings.  Hmmm...doesn't someone else in Nutmeg's family do something very similar?

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Side effect of going on/off her "calming" meds?

I  was guessing PMS acne along with the puffy face. I used to have it

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

It's a knee jerk reaction.  She can gripe all she wants but the minute anyone says anything derogatory about a member of her tribe?  She takes it personally and gets defensive. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Get rid of the Preggo Chair entirely, which would mean getting rid of one host.  Since NutMeg is having more difficulty by the day climbing up onto her stool, I suggest she be the one to disappear.

It figures Raw Story would be her favorite site.  All RS does is gather, compile, reorganize, and <dare I say> plagiarize articles that have already appeared elsewhere in an attempt to make them look like original writings.  Hmmm...doesn't someone else in Nutmeg's family do something very similar?

Haha! @Tunia, but NutMeg actually hates Raw Story because they always post unfavourable stories about her.

7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I think somebody bought her Word of the Day toilet paper for Christmas.  There's a joke in here about verbal diarrhea but I don't have the energy to come up with it. 

She also said "the proverbial we".

• Love 9

Reading everyone's comments is simultaneously hilarious and migraine-inducing. The latter which is due to reading about Meghan's unrelenting childish and petulant behavior.

That said, all I want to know is did Cuomo kiss her ass, or was he the first to deviate and not give her an unearned tongue bath?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Ya know what else I loved about Chris Cuomo's segment? He called out Fox News while two people at the table who used to work there didn't dispute what he said, lmao.

24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That said, all I want to know is did Cuomo kiss her ass, or was the the first to deviate and not give her an unearned tongue bath?

Nope, thankfully he didn't kiss her ass. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 21
22 minutes ago, bannana said:

Haha! @Tunia, but NutMeg actually hates Raw Story because they always post unfavourable stories about her.

Oops - I haven't yet watched today's show and took the comment I quoted about Raw Story being her favorite as gospel.  Thanks for the correction!  (But my comments about RS's materials remain intact.)

• Love 3