Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/21/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 21 – A special Martin Luther King Jr. Day show with Spike Lee (“BlacKkKlansman”); Killer Mike (“Trigger Warning with Killer Mike”) and a performance by Yolanda Adams and Miles Caton 

Tuesday, Jan. 22 – Gina Rodriguez (“Miss Bala”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Wednesday, Jan. 23 – Patrick Stewart (“The Kid Who Would Be King”); David Kellman and Robert Shafran (“Three Identical Strangers”)

Thursday, Jan. 24 – Chris Cuomo (“Cuomo Prime Time”)

Friday, Jan. 25 – Colin Quinn (“Red State Blue State”); performance by the cast of Broadway’s “Pretty Woman”

• Love 5

Monday is a taped show, at least according to Wonder who told us that they were taping it after her episode. We probably will get a fluff piece show then with everyone honouring MLK and black folk....maybe, but I'm going to assume that will be the case so I'll be skipping that day and watching the Real (we have a thread now!)

Wednesday disappoints me, because you know that the guests will have 3 minute segments and that's it. Why book two(three) people for the same day?

I don't know who Colin Quinn is, but I expect Meghan to give Chris Cuomo a tough question unless he mentions something about her dad.

• Love 3

Yes this Monday’s show was taped last Wednesday. I’m looking forward to Thursday’s show with Cuomo. He always has KellyAnne Conway, Rudy Giuliani and Scarramucci on his show all the time so he should be able to handle Nutmeg just fine lol 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I'm hoping Cuomo does that same face when Meghan asks a dopey question.

Oh he will call someone out for being a liar right to their face.  Would love for Meghan to start spouting her questionable statistics or polls and have Chris say that is not true.

• Love 10
Just now, 17wheatthins said:

Why is MM wiggling so much on her stool?

Today's show was pre-taped after a LIVE show last week. So Megs is probably starting to go through alchohol withdrawal. 

Looks like the only show worth watching this week is Thursday with Chris. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I watched BlacKkKlansman a few weeks ago and enjoyed it! 

Me too. VERY well done.

15 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't know who Colin Quinn is,

A successful comedian and sometimes actor...more appreciated by men than women.  He's 60-ish and "in" with most other successful comedians.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:
16 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't know who Colin Quinn is,

A successful comedian and sometimes actor...more appreciated by men than women.  He's 60-ish and "in" with most other successful comedians.

I remember him from the MTV game show Remote Control.  

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Me too. VERY well done.

MM little BS about how she says once a week I’m going to stick with love left a bad taste in my mouth. It’s a wonder she didn’t  say she had it framed on her wall. I see you Megan  

I loved  Blackkklansman/blown away about it being it being a true story! 

I used to love Colin’s show Tough Crowd. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't know who Colin Quinn is, but I expect Meghan to give Chris Cuomo a tough question unless he mentions something about her dad.

He's pretty funny, doesn't do stand-up as much as a one-man show now, called Red State, Blue State. 

He talks about the polarization in the country, which Meghan screeches about all the time.  But he is more intelligent and thoughtful about it, in a sarcastic way.

With Seth Meyers talking about Christmas: 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The most hateful person who's ever been on this show claiming that she always practices love not hate

There are times she produces venomous hate without even opening her mouth.  She slits her reptilian eyes at her victim(s) and the deed is done.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Why is MM wiggling so much on her stool?

There are times I feel sorry for her...wait!  There are times I feel sorry for any other heavy-ish woman struggling to perch on that stool.  The problem is the beautiful upholstery fabric; it has no slide" factor.  If they would change to leather or another smooth surface, things would be easier.  I know whereof I speak.  

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

While watching a tennis match last night, I thought of Meggie when a commentator, describing the "temperature" of the match, quoted Mark Twain saying: 

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

I think Meggie is full of anger & it colors everything she says (& does).

She is too bitter and angry for someone who has had all the privilege she is surrounded by.  I get the impression she thinks she should have/be more.  She is rich. Has a family who I guess loves her. Has a job that most people would love.  Has never struggled to pay her bills.  The only tragic thing she has had to deal with is her father dying.  Which is something the vast majority of people have to deal with.  

Meghan honey, instead of wallowing in grief about what you lost take a minute and reflect and be thankful for what you have.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Are they even live today?

They're talking about what happened this weekend with the MAGA hat wearing kids and the veteran Native American gentleman so yes they are.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 7

Yes, they are LIVE. They are talking about the Academy Awards Noms that were just announced this morning. 

2 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

Oh...NutMeg  is dressed as a Pepto Bismol bottle today!

I thought it was the cow where Strawberry Quik came from.😱

• Love 11
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is too bitter and angry for someone who has had all the privilege she is surrounded by.  I get the impression she thinks she should have/be more.  She is rich. Has a family who I guess loves her. Has a job that most people would love.  Has never struggled to pay her bills.  The only tragic thing she has had to deal with is her father dying.  Which is something the vast majority of people have to deal with.  

Meghan honey, instead of wallowing in grief about what you lost take a minute and reflect and be thankful for what you have.

Thank you, BlondieCO332.

I struggle with not wanting to hate anyone  or be mean.  It's just so annoying to watch MM for so many reasons. So:

1.  Why watch?  I loved the premise of the View to have different women with different viewpoints talking together.  Not vying LOUDLY to be right, and obscuring others' comments,  or being  incredibly rude/insulting  (to cohosts, much less the audience, or guests, etc.

2.  MM's ignorance of history/politics/vocabulary is disheartening to see when so many other capable women could do a 1000% better job.

3.  MM's lack of professional abilities or an engaging personality, coupled with her entitled arrogance is mind-boggling that she is on tv. She is empty noise.

4.  The world is her oyster for her to do good--do something specific to help the veterans, or others; not just blather on about it and accept awards on behalf of your dad. DO something worthwhile!!!!

I guess I put myself in her place and could think of a million service projects that I would love to do to help others. And MM wastes a remarkable opportunity with her (below sea level, kiddie pool) shallowness and inflated ego. 

Ok, rant over.

• Love 21

I didn't think Meghan had a sense of humor until she said her husband is going to look like Sam Elliot when he gets old.  HAHAHA!

She spent the weekend texting Abby about the cretins from Kentucky.  What fun!

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan needs an entire segment to share her thoughts.  Sunny gets a couple of minutes but no, Meghan requires the entire next segment to share her opinion with the world.  Because it is that important to hear.  It's "nuanced."   Bitch, please.

She could have spit that out in the last segment

• Love 14

Did they really just make Whoopi apologize to the people who were offended by her bike lane comments last week?  Really?  There were people? Sure, she was riled up and full on cray cray, but come on.  Offended by a typical Whoopi rant about bike lanes? At first it sounded like she was apologizing TO the bike lanes.  Are people just getting "offended" by EVERYTHING now?  Yes.  yes, they are.  I hate the world sometimes. 

Also, Whoopi has literally conferred to Meghan at the beginning of every segment of the show so far.  I guess Meghan gets the floor first and foremost now.  Over everyone else.  "Meghan, sweetie, is there something you wanted to say, honey?"

Edited by Cementhead
Wrong word. Changed deferred to conferred & added some more thoughts.
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

Also, Whoopi has literally deferred to Meghan at the beginning of every segment of the show so far.  I guess Meghan gets the floor first and foremost now.  Over everyone else.  "Meghan, sweetie, is there something you wanted to say, honey?"

Meghan: Yes, I need to talk about and, of course, show a picture of the award for my father.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

So the Black Israelites ranted towards them, so these kids, who were wearing MAGA hats, decided to retaliate by mocking a Native American man. 

10 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan's "nuanced" argument is because she (rightly, in my opinion) protested the way the boys disrespected a Vietnam veteran. But because "a friend of hers" is in the side of the boys, she's willing to walk that back. I just don't understand  how taunting by the Black Hebrews makes the treatment of Mr. Phillips okay.

So by that logic the Native American vet should be allowed to go and scream at someone.  

• Love 21

I really hate it when Megan and Abby always have to find a way to crucify the media whenever they make a mistake. Mueller never said the Buzzfeed report was wrong, just that some things were inaccurate.  Like Whoopie said we all make mistakes and it does not mean anything nefarious.  

Megan was throwing the word nuance around this morning and she does not know how to apply that word when it is warranted. What a dumbass!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ugh, how exactly does the story change? Regarding the the maga hat wearing teens. They were still ugly and obnoxious to the native american man. So another group was also being ugly and obnoxious  how does that absolve the teens?  I hate that everyone is oh we overreacted,  no we didn't. Sunny is right where were the chaperones?

It's amazing right? The same people who are defending these kids, who bravely shot down bigotry by acting like fools to an unrelated party, are the same people who called Trayvon a thug and said that the Parkland kids were actors.

• Love 21