Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
17wheatthins

The Real

"The Real" is a panel show featuring a group of outspoken female hosts, who are all going through varied life experiences, which include motherhood, new marriages and experiencing the single life. The hosts, who all admit to being "works in progress," bring their unique perspectives to topics ranging from the day's news to beauty, fashion, relationships and their own personal lives.

I like the chemistry with the four ladies and I am so happy that Tamar is gone. She was just too much and sucked the oxygen out of the room with her antics.  I wish her well, nonetheless.  

• Like 3

I absolutely love that they keep giving back to their fans and having the Hotline Bling. You can tell that the ladies need to get through the segment in an allotted amount of time, but the fact that they give out money to help people is awesome.

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I like the chemistry with the four ladies and I am so happy that Tamar is gone. She was just too much and sucked the oxygen out of the room with her antics.  I wish her well, nonetheless.  

Are you going to watch her on Celeb Big Brother? The Mooch will be on that season, so I'm curious to see if the ladies on the Real talk about whatever he says because it might open the door to mentioning Tamar in some kind of way. Omarosa constantly made the news, so I wonder if the Real will touch on the show if it creates a similar buzz.

• Like 1

I tried very hard not to double post, but it seems like everyone seems afraid to comment :(

They had Monique on for an interview and it was actually quite good. There was even a moment where her and Adrienne disagreed on something before, but still showed love with one another despite having opposing views. It felt genuine when Monique called Adrienne baby girl, even though their views didn't align the same way. It almost made me wonder if Whoopi would be able to engage in a back and forth without going into her Whoopism on the View.

I know that Whoopi is grown, but I feel like there would be an eye roll or a lecture included in this without really listening and engaging in the conversation. Which is why I want Monique go now go on the View and see if this happens.

• Like 3

I think the only one who gets on my nerves is Adrienne. I like all the other ones, especially Loni. I think Loni keeps it very real and the faces she makes when the others talk sometimes are priceless.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, zenme said:

I think the only one who gets on my nerves is Adrienne. I like all the other ones, especially Loni. I think Loni keeps it very real and the faces she makes when the others talk sometimes are priceless.

Loni is my favorite followed by Jeannie. It has been a trip to see how the ladies have evolved. Loni was always the single one, enjoying it and now she has a man in James.  Loni's empathy always gets to me, whenever she cries, I cry. Jeannie was all about her ex-husband and I love how honest she was in not wanting children.  I always felt while she loved him, they were not compatible.  Adrienne was also owning her truth and called off her engagement to her ex-fiancé.  Everybody expected her to marry him after having been with him for years.  She realized that he was not the man for her and broke up with him before she ruined both of their lives.  I am happy that she found love with her husband. It was very insightful when she said that her mom thanked her husband for giving her back her daughter. While they loved her ex, he was not the right man for her.  Not to mention, her personality changed when she was with her ex.  Tamera is cool, but, I sense that she holds back her true feelings about some topics.   I have my theory but, it might be off-topic..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Like 3

YAY! Finally this show has a thread!

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Loni is my favorite followed by Jeannie. It has been a trip to see how the ladies have evolved. Loni was always the single one, enjoying it and now she has a man in James.  Loni's empathy always gets to me, whenever she cries, I cry. Jeannie was all about her ex-husband and I love how honest she was in not wanting children.  I always felt while she loved him, they were not compatible.  Adrienne was also owning her truth and called off her engagement to her ex-fiancé.  Everybody expected her to marry him after having been with him for years.  She realized that he was not the man for her and broke up with him before she ruined both of their lives.  I am happy that she found love with her husband. It was very insightful when she said that her mom thanked her husband for giving her back her daughter. While they loved her ex, he was not the right man for her.  Not to mention, her personality changed when she was with her ex.  Tamera is cool, but, I sense that she holds back her true feelings about some topics.   I have my theory but, it might be off-topic..

Do you think she's afraid her hubby Adam will get angry at her if she lets it go?  

I like all of them pretty equally. Jeannie gets a lot of flack for being "extra" (as she can be sometimes), but that girl has such a good heart and she's genuine. She's been through a lot growing up poor, being sexually abused as a child, etc. but she's still so positive and chooses to look at the brighter side of things. Tamera also gets flack for being a religious conservative with soccer mom humor, but that's why I like her. She is who she is and makes no apologies for it. Plus she doesn't present her opinions like they're facts and she respects the opinions of others. Adrienne makes me laugh when she goes into her "New Yorker" mode and her occasional "off the wall" revelations ("Yo, I don't think it's crazy that people eat in the shower. I eat popcorn in there all the time!").  Like @Apprentice79, I like Loni's empathy. She and Tamera both will cry at the drop of a damn hat, but I'd be up there boohooing with them too if I were there. Lol. They all work well together and don't need a permanent fifth co-host IMO.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:19 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

I absolutely love that they keep giving back to their fans and having the Hotline Bling. You can tell that the ladies need to get through the segment in an allotted amount of time, but the fact that they give out money to help people is awesome.

Are you going to watch her on Celeb Big Brother? The Mooch will be on that season, so I'm curious to see if the ladies on the Real talk about whatever he says because it might open the door to mentioning Tamar in some kind of way. Omarosa constantly made the news, so I wonder if the Real will touch on the show if it creates a similar buzz.

They haven't talked about Tamar or Celeb Big Brother and personally I think that was a smart move. Especially since they spilled the true tea on what went down with Tamar during and after her firing on the Breakfast Club a few months back.

• Like 3

On 2/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, rmcrae said:

Adrienne makes me laugh when she goes into her "New Yorker" mode and her occasional "off the wall" revelations 

Are you saying that you don't suck toes? Lol

• Laugh 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

Are you saying that you don't suck toes? Lol

How about when Adrienne said that she does not know how to read time from a clock.  The look on Loni's face said it all...lol I do love the chemistry with the four ladies.  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

On 2/15/2019 at 9:31 AM, Apprentice79 said:

How about when Adrienne said that she does not know how to read time from a clock.  The look on Loni's face said it all...lol I do love the chemistry with the four ladies.  

She also said she doesn’t wash her hands after the bathroom when she’s at home. Eww.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

Tamera has not been doing well since her niece's brutal murder last year. I wonder if her mental state is now affecting her physical being.   I hope that she gets better soon.  

Speaking of Tia and Tamera because they are identical twins, their children are also siblings in addition to being first cousins. Since Tamera and Tia are identical twins, they are literally clones of each other..lol

• Like 3

On 2/22/2019 at 6:16 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Tamera has not been doing well since her niece's brutal murder last year. I wonder if her mental state is now affecting her physical being.   I hope that she gets better soon.  

I hope she gets better too. She broke down a bit in a recent show and alluded to the fact that she was putting on a face while hosting The Real before that. My first thought when they started saying she was out sick was that she might need more time off to work through things. She did sound kinda sick before she took sick leave though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I'd love for Yvette to be the fifth co-host. She's smart, funny and has great chemistry with the other ladies.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm fine with just the four hosts, but if they ever decide to hire someone for the fifth chair, she'd be perfect. She's guest hosted on quite a few shows and always done a great job. Like Tamera, she's conservative and old-school without being a stick in the mud.

• Like 1

Seems like Jeannie's divorce was messy, because even though Freddie has more money and comes from money and they had a prenup to protect his money he ended up getting spousal support from her. I think she said it's because she earns more, but even then that's kind of shady.

Child care is one thing, but I'm not here for men or women getting spousal support when they're both able bodies.

On 2/26/2019 at 10:29 PM, rmcrae said:

I was going to say the same thing. I'm fine with just the four hosts, but if they ever decide to hire someone for the fifth chair, she'd be perfect. She's guest hosted on quite a few shows and always done a great job. Like Tamera, she's conservative and old-school without being a stick in the mud.

They got her tickets to Janet Jackson's show and for a meet and greet, so maybe they're lowkey trying to bring her over. I'm all for it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Seems like Jeannie's divorce was messy, because even though Freddie has more money and comes from money and they had a prenup to protect his money he ended up getting spousal support from her. I think she said it's because she earns more, but even then that's kind of shady.

Child care is one thing, but I'm not here for men or women getting spousal support when they're both able bodies.

They got her tickets to Janet Jackson's show and for a meet and greet, so maybe they're lowkey trying to bring her over. I'm all for it.

Preach! Initially things were still civil and pretty friendly between Jeannie and Freddie when they first split, but as soon as the spousal support issue came along the gloves were off. Jeannie got emotional during Girl Chat at the end of last year and said she was disappointed to discover that the man she married was nowhere to be seen once money got involved. It's sad.

I loved that surprise they had for Yvette. She was like a giddy school girl. Lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Preach! Initially things were still civil and pretty friendly between Jeannie and Freddie when they first split, but as soon as the spousal support issue came along the gloves were off. Jeannie got emotional during Girl Chat at the end of last year and said she was disappointed to discover that the man she married was nowhere to be seen once money got involved. It's sad.

Freddie seemed like a nice guy who just wanted kids, so their breakup seemed mature on both their parts. But if he went after her money when he comes from money and has more money than her (not earnings, but in general), then that's just dirty. It's sad that he had a prenup that protected himself, but I guess it didn't cover Jeannie's earnings.

The cheating is just rumours at this point, so I won't talk about that. But this has really soured me on Freddie. He still works, so why does he need her money? They were only living together for half of the time, so it's not even a matter of him being use to a lifestyle.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2019 at 11:11 AM, CheezyXpressed said:

I'd love for Yvette to be the fifth co-host. She's smart, funny and has great chemistry with the other ladies.

I do always enjoy seeing her on talk shows. She’s definitely a bright woman. 

I love this show. There’s not one person who I think has a nasty attitude. They all seem like good people to me, and I agree that they have a great chemistry. This can’t be said for all the other talk shows...

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 4

Is it me or does it seem like the shows this week and the one before were pre-taped? I missed today's show, but they didn't discuss many current topics on the episodes I did see.

• Like 1

Finally they're back with live shows!

Why did Jussie Smollett call Loni? I caught the tail end of that story.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:53 PM, rmcrae said:

Finally they're back with live shows!

Why did Jussie Smollett call Loni? I caught the tail end of that story.

He called Loni  to thank her for her continued love and support.  I am surprised he did not call Tamara, since they go way back as kids, but, I digress. He and Loni spoke for an hour and he let Loni ask him all of the questions that she wanted. He also told Loni to send out a tweet about their conversation to gauge the public's reaction about him.  Loni also said that he is going threw a lot. She seemed very moved when she said that.  Jussie wants to speak to the public, but, I feel he should stay quiet and disappear. 

I think that Jussie is incredibly naïve. The hatred for him online is over the top and scary. He and his siblings are no longer on social media because of the loons on there.  Jussie needs to have a full time bodyguard because there are crazies out there who want to hurt him.  His name is now ruined and the fallout will only get worst. I wonder how will this affect his siblings going forward, especially, Jurnee, Jazz and Jake who are also pursuing careers in Hollywood. I doubt Jussie will get any offers after Empire, assuming he will come back for the 6th season.  I don't hate him, but, I am disappointed. I don't trust the CPD either, they are very shady and their awful reputation precedes them. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

He called Loni  to thank her for her continued love and support.  I am surprised he did not call Tamara, since they go way back as kids, but, I digress. He and Loni spoke for an hour and he let Loni ask him all of the questions that she wanted. He also told Loni to send out a tweet about their conversation to gauge the public's reaction about him.  Loni also said that he is going threw a lot. She seemed very moved when she said that.  Jussie wants to speak to the public, but, I feel he should stay quiet and disappear. 

I think that Jussie is incredibly naïve. The hatred for him online is over the top and scary. He and his siblings are no longer on social media because of the loons on there.  Jussie needs to have a full time bodyguard because there are crazies out there who want to hurt him.  His name is now ruined and the fallout will only get worst. I wonder how will this affect his siblings going forward, especially, Jurnee, Jazz and Jake who are also pursuing careers in Hollywood. I doubt Jussie will get any offers after Empire, assuming he will come back for the 6th season.  I don't hate him, but, I am disappointed. I don't trust the CPD either, they are very shady and their awful reputation precedes them. 

Thanks for answering, Apprentice. I'm with you on Jussie needing to stay quiet. What he did was incredibly stupid and makes no sense, but the nutjobs out there who want to kill him for it are beyond insane. My heart goes out especially to his family and I can't imagine how difficult all of this has been and will continue to be on them. If it were my sibling I'd want to wring their neck, but at the same time protect them from the fallout. Sad. :(

• Like 2

Caught the tipping show.  Oh Tamera!  You are giving your people a bad name.

Having waited tables during college we do take turns with certain people.  Tea drinkers!  The horrors of tea drinkers.  "Can I have more hot water?"  You would ask the table if anyone else needed more hot water and nope they did not.  Two minutes later they would then want more hot water.  Arrrggggh.  My favorite is when you ask them if they want milk OR lemon and they want both and then immediately ruin their tea because milk with lemon curdles.  We would take turns on tea drinkers.  The cheapest of the tippers.

Back in the day when you could smoke in restaurants we would take turns with those that asked for the non-smoking section.  Even waiters who didn't smoke couldn't stand non-smokers.  Cheap tippers and complained about everything.

Now a group of priests walk in, then we are clamoring for them.  They drink, smoke and tip big!

Tips for people.  Parking at a table is taking away money from the waiter.  They need to turn tables.  If you want to lounge just tell the waiter you will give them $10 for every hour you go over the standard dinner service.  This is on top of the minimum 20% tip.

I tip 20% on carryout orders.  I always give cash tips on charge cards.  Waiters are taxed 12% of sales and 100% of credit card tips.

Going to work sick - we were forced to go to work or be fired.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:37 PM, jumper sage said:

Having waited tables during college we do take turns with certain people.  Tea drinkers!  The horrors of tea drinkers.  "Can I have more hot water?"  You would ask the table if anyone else needed more hot water and nope they did not.  Two minutes later they would then want more hot water.  Arrrggggh.  My favorite is when you ask them if they want milk OR lemon and they want both and then immediately ruin their tea because milk with lemon curdles.  We would take turns on tea drinkers.  The cheapest of the tippers.

Back in the day when you could smoke in restaurants we would take turns with those that asked for the non-smoking section.  Even waiters who didn't smoke couldn't stand non-smokers.  Cheap tippers and complained about everything.

Now a group of priests walk in, then we are clamoring for them.  They drink, smoke and tip big!

Tips for people.  Parking at a table is taking away money from the waiter.  They need to turn tables.  If you want to lounge just tell the waiter you will give them $10 for every hour you go over the standard dinner service.  This is on top of the minimum 20% tip.

I tip 20% on carryout orders.  I always give cash tips on charge cards.  Waiters are taxed 12% of sales and 100% of credit card tips.

I do tip more when I know I have been at a table longer or I at least try to move my party to the bar if there's space so the table can be turned over. Thank you for the tax information. I try to give cash tips at the nail salon because I don't trust that they receive the $ otherwise. But, I was not aware of the % difference on cash v card tips. I will try to have cash more often.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2019 at 1:37 PM, jumper sage said:

From what Tamrara said, I don't think she's a bad tipper compared to the average gal, but because of her "Sister, Sister money," I know people would expect bigger tips from her. I know I did. It sounds like she realized 20% is about customary, and she plans on being more generous in the future. 

I thought I was one of the good tippers for tipping 10-15% on takeout. Lots of folks don't tip at all on takeout because they say they're not being waited on. I throw in a little something just because I know the servers aren't paid much. You got me wondering if I should step up like Tamara is going to.  

All my friends and I tip extra the longer we stay at a table. 

I see tip jars at other places where I don't know whether or not I need to tip-doughnut shops, cupcake places, etc.

There are places where I tip well, but to be honest I only do so because it's customary. I've been charged a fortune at hair salons. Those folks make good money without tips.

• Like 2

Yvette Nicole Brown was a guest co-host again today and the hosts gave her another Janet Jackson surprise: an advanced copy of her Control record on vinyl with a handwritten letter by Janet herself. Not only was Janet so sweet to do it, Yvette's reaction was touching. TPTB, hire her already!

Also, I love Tamera's hair.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 10:18 PM, rmcrae said:

Yvette Nicole Brown was a guest co-host again today and the hosts gave her another Janet Jackson surprise: an advanced copy of her Control record on vinyl with a handwritten letter by Janet herself. Not only was Janet so sweet to do it, Yvette's reaction was touching. TPTB, hire her already!

Also, I love Tamera's hair.

I felt so bad for Yvette during that segment.  Why were Jeannie and Loni grabbing at her letter like a bunch of unruly toddlers?  I really thought they were going to rip it at one point. 

And yes, I want Yvette to be a regular panelist on a talk show.  I don't even care which one.  The Real, The View, The Talk.  All of them would benefit from adding her to their table.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I felt so bad for Yvette during that segment.  Why were Jeannie and Loni grabbing at her letter like a bunch of unruly toddlers?  I really thought they were going to rip it at one point. 

And yes, I want Yvette to be a regular panelist on a talk show.  I don't even care which one.  The Real, The View, The Talk.  All of them would benefit from adding her to their table.

LOL. Jeannie, bless her heart, can be a little too extra when she gets excited. Apparently so does Loni.

• Like 1

I had to laugh when Yvette made the comment about how nice it was to see Tamera there since that was who she usually subs for. Even though the Janet Jackson stuff was party promotion it was nice that they were valuing Yvette and the way she's helped them out. She's always a great sub on any show she does it on so any show would be lucky to have her.

• Like 3

so the only time I watch The Real is when a clip show up on my Youtube recommedations.

😆😆😆😆 this clip was so funny to me.

Jeannie: choking somebody in the movie

Tamara: 😮 No! Jeanie. nonononono

Tamara: I'm not talkin about a dragon and a choke.

• Laugh 1