Type keyword(s) to search

Quentin Lance: Winner of the Least Observant Detective Award

• Start Topic

On 2/13/2018 at 4:00 PM, Angel12d said:

They keep pushing him into storylines with his daughters though and it's actually at a detriment to his character. Most of the scenes I've enjoyed with Quentin usually involve everyone but his daughters tbh. I liked the scene where he gave Oliver a watch at the Olicity wedding reception. I didn't even mind some of the Rene/Quentin moments. Thea/Quentin is nice, too, most of the time. But with his daughter's lookalike on the show now, I feel like they're always going to revert to the kind of scenes that just don't do Quentin any favors. 

I don't disagree but I just think the solution is nixing the Laurel, not the Quentin.  

On 2/13/2018 at 11:05 PM, statsgirl said:

I think having Quentin as Deputy Mayor could have led to interesting storylines but the EPs just used it as a place to park him till they needed him for another storyline rather than an actual storyline.

I suspect PB is enjoying The Madness of Quentin Lance because it's the first juicy storyline he's been able to get his teeth into in ages.

Yeah, he looked like he was kind of enjoying embracing the madness in his last scene.  If I wasn't so disturbed by it, I'd be entertained.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, he looked like he was kind of enjoying embracing the madness in his last scene.  If I wasn't so disturbed by it, I'd be entertained.

I could be entertained by it if I actually believed they were going play it as crazy and not as a fathers’s admirable devotion to a woman who ... looks like his daughter.

• Love 4
(edited)
Spoiler

Yeah, I figured as much and while once again I regret what could have been since he is one of the strongest actors on the show

, the writers refused to use him much beyond reacting to whatever Laurel was running amuck.  This year he's trying to save her look alike, last year he was mourning her, year before that protecting her, year before that he mad being lied to about Sara and then mad Laurel was running around trying to get herself killed.  Whenever they let him be a character on his own, even with a character like Rene who I hate, I love him, but if the writers insist he's really only there for Laurel now, I'm ok with letting him go.  I mean, this has not been a great year for Quentin. 

I can't wait to see what Paul does next.     

Edited by BkWurm1
Not certain if it's a spoiler or not since the info was released at large and not a leak but better safe than sorry
  • Love 8

2012 casting announcement for Quentin Lance...

'The River's Paul Blackthorne Joins 'Arrow', Jamey Sheridan Set To Play Arrow's Dad
Nellie Andreeva   Mar. 2, 2012
https://deadline.com/2012/03/paul-blackthorne-arrow-cast-jamey-sheridan-arrows-dad-238838/

EXCLUSIVE: The River‘s Paul Blackthorne has been tapped for a co-starring role in the CW drama pilot Arrow, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow. It stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. Blackthorne, repped by SDB Partners, Seven Summits & Optimism Entertainment, will play Det. Quentin Lance, the father of Oliver’s love interest Laurel (Katie Cassidy), a gruff, determined city detective who believes true justice can only come from law and order. He’s charged with bringing the vigilante known as The Arrow to justice. Because of his casting being in second position to ABC’s The River, Blackthorne is formally billed as a guest star in the Arrow pilot.