Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Big Girl, Little Bus

• Start Topic

A complaint has popped up on Whitney's instagram from someone who attended the Pittsburgh class and is mad that the show made it sound like everyone got into the class and Buddy saved the day. Apparently two thirds of the people who showed up had to wait over an hour in the street for a second class (and third) and some of them were were not so pleased about it.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Heather’s main problem is that her one and only storyline at this point is “being bitter over Buddy and making Twit feel pulled in two directions”.  If she gets over Buddy she has no storyline and therefore loses her paycheck from TLC. And also her “fame” of being a real life tv actress.  So she had to keep up the pity party. She has no other options in her mind. 

I think this is true of Buddy as well.  He *has* to keep threatening to go back to drugs or to kill himself to keep himself on the show.  We don't really know what the state of his sobriety is, and we don't really know if he is qualified to do anything for a living besides bartending/pizza delivery.  It suits his place on the show that he be on the verge of snorting cocaine/killing himself, just as it suits Heather's place to be unable to get over Buddy.  I think we are being manipulated A to Z with these two characters.

And just because I can't help myself:  what kind of adult who is trying to live a fabulous life has to make s'mores because there is an outdoor fire?  Are s'mores such an irresistible treat for an adult who made sure we saw how well she was eating just one episode ago?

I'll never forgive myself if Buddy commits suicide/goes back on drugs; if Heather's feelings are hurt/she thinks I love Buddy more than I love her; if I have to get off the fucking couch and actually dance to rehearse my big comeback tour performance.  I'll just never forgive myself, and that's my worst nightmare.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has responded to the complaint about the Pittsburgh classes by (a) blaming the producers and (b) throwing shade at the poster for complaining about a class she got for free.

Well, at least she didn't throw shade at Pittsburgh. If she did that,  I'd have to rip her face off and hide it.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

I live in Pittsburgh and I was here when the "BGDC" showed up to film this. The venue was originally advertised as Carrie Furnace, which is an outdoor venue that can be rented. It's located in Swissvale, just down (upriver) the Monogahela River from Pittsburgh. The event took place on 6/19 and because Pittsburgh had an incredibly rainy summer, the forecast for that entire week involved heavy rain and storms. The location was moved to the Rex Theater at the last minute so that it would be indoors. If you look at the evensi site for it you will still see the original location of the event:

https://www.evensi.us/pittsburgh-dance-todd-whitney-rivers-steel-carrie-blast-furnaces-national-historic-landmark/259829746

Everything about them being misled by the venue regarding the capacity and the drama that ensued was manufactured after the fact by the show. The tickets were always free, there was no capacity issue with the outdoor Carrie Furnace venue, and The Rex (a tiny century-old theater on E. Carson St in the South Side) never lied to them about their capacity. The place does a lot of shows and has different seating or open floor configurations. I have been there many times. It is not meant for teaching a dance class and never was.

Thanks for sharing that. 

Thats a perfectly reasonable explanation and would have provided more than enough “drama” for the episode. 

I kind of love the Producers for turning it into a storyline in which Whitney looks, yet again, completely incompetent at managing her “career”.

• Love 12

My favorite moment of so many of these eps. is when poor Whitney laments to the camera about how stressed and busy she is with all the work and responsibility she has on her shoulders. As she whined about how burdensome planning and carrying out her three hour city tour was, I wanted Todd to show up to remind her that (1) no one asked her to do the stupid tour in the first place, (2)it was all her own idea, (3) he had warned her it was going to be more work than she understood,  and (4) shut up, already.

• Love 24

Whitney, listen to Todd for once. He is exactly right about you doing the same old moves over and over again, just to different songs. I highly doubt Whit did the 3 classes in Pittsburgh without a nap in between. More likely she sauntered through the crowd like a bull in a china shop while Todd danced on stage. Anyone else notice in the stench mobile Whitney chugging down what looks to be a quart of milk from the container ? ugh... I am over the worried about Buddy. He is an adult, a smelly one at that, but if he can't maintain or want to be sober, there is nothing anyone can do.  

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 20

Wait.  Those tickets were free?  I'll never forgive myself if Whitney is unable to reimburse Glenn for the rental of the RV. 

What is the point again?  Is she planning to open franchises of BGDC in Pittsburgh?  How is Whitney paying her mortgage?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Wait.  Those tickets were free?  I'll never forgive myself if Whitney is unable to reimburse Glenn for the rental of the RV. 

What is the point again?  Is she planning to open franchises of BGDC in Pittsburgh?  How is Whitney paying her mortgage?

LOL the BGDC doesn't even exist in Greensboro much less have a franchise in Pittsburgh!

• Love 12

I wonder if Buddy has considered actually applying himself to sober living and working.  There is a place in Durham, NC, not too far from him, called the Durham Rescue Mission.  They help many alcoholics and addicts getting their lives straight, staying sober, developing values, and learning a trade. They put you up, provide you food, education, transportation, job training and even help you get a job.  They have many supporters who aid them with this.  I know several people who they really helped. It changed their life, because, they were close to death. 

I think part of the problem is that Buddy is too comfortable. He has a couple of options for free places to live and somehow he has enough money to have a car, shop at Whole Foods and support himself in the style to which he has become accustomed. I don't think that he will get serious about his future until he has to.

Aren't we taking Buddy's supposed struggles with sobriety a little seriously for this ridiculous show? Was he abusing drugs and alcohol? Sure, I can believe that but not everyone, not even serious abusers need intensive and ongoing intervention to prevent relapse.

Given the amount of time that I spend watching this show, reading about it and commenting on it, I'd say I take it way too seriously. 

From what I've read here, Buddy's addiction was real and he did actually go to rehab for it. He is, evidently, still sober. At the point in time that he was being filmed, Buddy was fresh out of sober living and went from there to virtually no structure at all. While some people in recovery could do well under those circumstances, the degree to which Buddy 1) talks about drugs and his addiction; 2) makes comments about wanting to die; and 3) seems generally depressed and unable to manage his life makes me think that he does need more intensive intervention than he is getting and ongoing support at least in the short term. He has a sponsor but doesn't seem to use him. I think he needs a mental health evaluation and some serious therapy to figure out how to live as an independent and healthy adult.

YMMV.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, John M said:

Aren't we taking Buddy's supposed struggles with sobriety a little seriously for this ridiculous show? 

Yes

I have doubts he ever went to a rehab.  Some of his complaining too doesn't jibe with his supposed drug of choice either.

The same as Whitney who constantly claims she has/ had numerous eating disorders, except the one she actually has.......food addiction.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

From what I've read here, Buddy's addiction was real and he did actually go to rehab for it. He is, evidently, still sober. At the point in time that he was being filmed, Buddy was fresh out of sober living and went from there to virtually no structure at all. While some people in recovery could do well under those circumstances,

We as the forum only can speculate on what actually happens with these people, so whether or not Buddy has addictions and went to rehab is not fact.  He claims things, the same as Whitney's fake dance class, fake boyfriends and all the other made up stuff.

If Buddy did go to rehab he would of learned that there are Rehab 101 things you are strongly advised not to do.  Move back, socialize with old friends and start any new relationships.   So, he does everything he is not supposed to do.   Why?  In my opinion its all made up and he is making his paltry living off being on this show.

Its a typical storyline for MBFFL.     Whitney collapses at a fitness event, ends up in the hospital and the doctor gives her stern and serious warnings about her health.  Her response iirc was to go home , order pizza's and yuck it up.

• Love 9

Suspending disbelief and playing along: Whitney just needs to sack up about this Buddy/Heather situation. She acts like she’s the first person who ever got caught in the middle of two friends who dated and had a messy break-up. 

Having to make decisions that you know are going to upset someone you care about is called BEING AN ADULT!  Buddy is at risk of relapse into a cocaine addiction (per the storyline). Heather’s fee-fee’s are hurt.  I’d say Buddy takes precedence for the time being and Heather can deal. 

Elsewhere, SWEET JESUS, pregnancy hit Ashley like a ton of bricks. In some of those profile camera angles she looked like she was getting close to Whitney’s size. 

And Tai thinking any of those dresses looked good on Heather made me question his homo-sexuality. Yikes!

• Love 11

If Buddy did go to rehab he would of learned that there are Rehab 101 things you are strongly advised not to do.  Move back, socialize with old friends and start any new relationships.   So, he does everything he is not supposed to do.   Why?

Or, like a lot of addicts, he ignores the advice of professionals for one or more of a number of reasons. Rehab might have taught him all sorts of useful things - that doesn't mean he actually learned them. That's part of why so many addicts relapse - they don't follow the guidance of their treatment team.

We as the forum only can speculate on what actually happens with these people, so whether or not Buddy has addictions and went to rehab is not fact.  

I concede your point. I've never met Buddy. I haven't actually seen him use drugs. I wasn't in rehab with him. I haven't seen his medical records. So yes, I based my statement about him being an addict on 1) his statements on the show that he was an addict; 2) his parents statements on the show that he was an addict; 3) what I've read here from people who have seen things on his social media that led them to believe he was an addict. That's about as much evidence as I would ever have about anything anyone on a reality show might say about himself. 

I don't have any reason to think he's NOT an addict but again, YMMV. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Elsewhere, SWEET JESUS, pregnancy hit Ashley like a ton of bricks. In some of those profile camera angles she looked like she was getting close to Whitney’s size. 

I noticed that too, I do hope she gets it in check because she really is quite pretty. Also, I wish she would do something other with her hair other than a topknot .  Heather will never be successful in finding a new beau until she releases all this bitterness she has about men, ex husband, loser Buddy - etc.    

• Love 4

There was a shot of Whitney laying in bed in the camper and she looked exactly like Babs-it was uncanny. I know everyone loves Todd but I’m tired of his complaining. Why doesn’t he go out and get a real job or do professional dancing? Cause he can’t.

• Love 3

Remember, like all "reality" tv, these episodes are scripted, staged, directed, and edited.   That said, "Heather" is the most annoying, pointless character on the entire show.  If after all this time she's "traumatized" by her friends being friendly with her -ex, she needs severe therapy.  Or at least a new storyline.  Perhaps her evil twin can arrive from Antarctica.  It's worked on several other soap operas.   

Edited by theatreguy
typo
  • Love 14
47 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I noticed that too, I do hope she gets it in check because she really is quite pretty.

Well, the last time Ashley lost a lot of weight, she disappeared from the show for a season. Later, when she returned heavier and then pregnant and even heavier, she said that (during her missing season) she and Whitney had been on an identical diet for months and she had lost a lot of weight while Whitney had barely lost any. She fervently backed up Whitney's position that the difference was poor Whitney suffered from PCOS, which made weight loss virtually IMPOSSIBLE for the poor woman.

The snarkers here were pretty sure Ashley and Whitney had indeed been on the identical diet, except for the 4000 calories a day Whitney was drinking from Starbucks, the four pizzas a week she was sharing with Buddy and the Fruit Loops with heavy cream that was the breakfast she swore she never ate. We assumed Ashley had been disappeared for a season because she was looking much better than Whitney, and had only been invited back when she regained enough of the weight and promised to sing back-up to Whitney's PCOS blues.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, theatreguy said:

Remember, like all "reality" tv, these episodes are scripted, staged, directed, and edited.   That said, "Heather" is the most annoying, pointless character on the entire show.  If after all this time she's "traumatized" by her friends being friendly with her -ex, she needs severe therapy.  Or at least a new storyline.  Perhaps her evil twin can arrive from Antarctica.  It's worked on several other soap operas.   

They should also cue the cheesy sad organ music whenever Buddy starts waxing nostalgic about campfires, crack and whatnot. Oh, stop signs remind me of driving to my dealers house. Oh, I couldn't bear to deliver pizza's because all that flour in the pizzeria reminded me of blow.   Go blow........

• Love 15

again, not seeing what this fabulous life is.  

"I'm so busy with the Buddy and Heather stuff...planning my BGDC tour..."

is she serious? she doesn't know the meaning of the word BUSY.

• Love 18
17 hours ago, Dot said:

Read. My. Lips. BGDC does not exist, except for a day or two each year between Apr & Oct. Ppl in Greensboro do not pay to be filmed at a BGDC class; it's a cheap way for the producers to get a few extras to perform for the supposed fun of being on TV.

Nor did anyone in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or Chicago pay. The events were advertised on Twit's SM pages with the explicit statement that enrollment was free. Again, a cheap way to put together a group of extras without having to pay them.

Oooohhhhh kay Dot . I don’t delve into Twits social media , watching this show is more than enough Twitney.   A THREE city ‘tour’ - she’s even lazy doing that. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm curious what real life jobs do Heather, Todd and Tal have? Or are they all living off Whitney's show? 

On SM, Heather always describes her job as Asst Dir for a group of editors & writers. Once she was a bit more specific. IIRC, it's an in-house shop that supports communication requirements for a corporation with lots of divisions.

Before MBFFL, Todd worked in NYC as a waiter who occasionally got a gig as a dancer. I don't have any sense that he's doing that anymore. Or anything else besides MBFFL.

Tal claims to work full time as a therapist. He has also stated that he has a part-time job as an instructor, IIRC, at the college where he got his MA.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, cherenkov said:

I live in Pittsburgh and I was here when the "BGDC" showed up to film this. . . .

I LOVE it when someone "on the ground," as it were, as Twit waddles into view shares their up close & personal observations. Thanks, @Cherenkov.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kid said:

I have a feeling that very few people are watching anymore. This forum entertains and confirms why we all stopped.

I tried watching last season, but I stopped a couple of episodes into the season.  Don't have to watch to follow these losers; everyone here does an excellent job of describing the shenanigans/hijinks/shit going on in each episode.   Until there's a way to mute only the voice of Twit-the-Shitney, I cannot watch, as much as I'd like to hear all of Todd's comments.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I LOVE it when someone "on the ground," as it were, as Twit waddles into view shares their up close & personal observations. Thanks, @Cherenkov.

I was planning to ride my bicycle over to check it out when the planned location was Carrie Furnace, but when they moved to The Rex I wasn't able to go down and scope from close up.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, aliya said:

I could have written this same thing. As a new lawyer, I tried to help women but it often seemed that once you get  some people out of trouble (and I was just doing civil work, not even trying to keep them out of jail), they keep having problems. You get to the point where you can't help some people. They don't do the little work, they avoid problems which only creates bigger problems, and they make bad decisions like buying a car when they need to get a handle on their rent. Very aggravating. 

I can relate...I work in a substance abuse clinic and some of the  people that come through for treatment attend for a couple of months then drop out...then there are the other folks that have been coming for opiate replacement therapy for 10 plus years...so sad!!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

Whitney knew she should have told Heather. There was no mistakes or mystery there. Whitney can't see two feet in front of her face. I don't agree that Whitney needed to kick Buddy out on Heather's account. But for once, her parents had meaningful things to say. She's not responsible for Buddy's behavior. And Buddy is milking it because he's making all his passive-aggressive "woe is me" comments. They're playing off each other. They really deserve each other. Poor Todd. #FreeTodd

Yes free Todd and give him his own show!!!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, John M said:

Education for a lot of systemic reasons and I think at a certain point there hole you have dug yourself by intentional or unintentional choices when it comes to life and employment skills becomes insurmountable in their ability to attack it.

Like I have this friend, sweet, great guy, he had a trade job that actually made him good money as far as education and family history and he threw it all away because he got it in his mind that he should have a white collar professional job like pretty much all of his friends. Now he is up to his eyes in debt from a for-profit college because he was unwilling or unable to understand that at the age of almost 40 he needed high school level English, math and computer classes to catch him up to an entry level office job making $12 an hour.

One of the things I hear all the time from my clients is "Wow, what do I need to do to get a job like you have? Are you guys hiring?" and it's like, oh, that is sweet and I know your heart is in the right place but you aren't even remotely qualified for my position, like I'm planning on going back to school for a masters to advance in my career any further. There is a guy lower than me in the org chart and pay scale that is working on his Ph.D. "Keep checking our website!"

Thanks for sharing that is interesting, I myself came from a lower income family. I made the mistake of bailing out drug addict cousins only to have them steal my hard earned tuition money. I was terrified of making a mistake as I was one mistake away from not being able to pay tuition etc ...meanwhile family members are bailing out the family fuck up who landed in jail once again while waxing on about "poor little addict Johnny..". That said i FULLY believe in funded rehabilitation programs, many people do need help but it angers me when people don't take any responsibility and choose to sponge off family and blame them for their failures.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if Buddy has considered actually applying himself to sober living and working.  There is a place in Durham, NC, not too far from him, called the Durham Rescue Mission.  They help many alcoholics and addicts getting their lives straight, staying sober, developing values, and learning a trade. They put you up, provide you food, education, transportation, job training and even help you get a job.  They have many supporters who aid them with this.  I know several people who they really helped. It changed their life, because, they were close to death. 

They require you to follow their program, however, and Buddy's busy with tv shenanigans.  Unless VH1 brings back their Sober Living tv show.  They were permitted to act like fools as much as or more than this group!

10 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Part of the problem is that Whitney is also an addict (food) and they have enabled each other for years. The fact that they're living together is destroying any chance that Buddy has of recovery.

Agreed.  And that is Buddy's fault, not Whitney's.

10 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Well, if she's been friendly with the production people, maybe they'll hire Lennie Alehat again to play her new boyfriend. And then there will be a whole lot more drama between Whitney and Heather, and Heather and Lennie, and Lennie and Buddy, and Whitney and Lennie, and Buddy and Heather and . . . Whew! So much potential excitement!

I think they should hire that comedienne who talked back to Whit as Heather's lesbian lover, and let the fur fly!  :D

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Todd is the only thing giving this show life. Also, calling it “blow” constantly is so fucking annoying. I can’t. 

Oh man, I was thinking the same thing...everytime they say "blow" it grates on my last nerve!! Call it f-ing "coke"!! Is Buddy stuck in the 80's or something!!...UGH!

• Love 12

I've worked with drug addicts and alcoholics for years, and while there are outliers, Buddy's personality just does not support that of a coke addict.  Buddy is just your average garden variety pothead, but apparently, the producers think that "blow" is much more interesting.  

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, JDAlexander said:

I've worked with drug addicts and alcoholics for years, and while there are outliers, Buddy's personality just does not support that of a coke addict.  Buddy is just your average garden variety pothead, but apparently, the producers think that "blow" is much more interesting.  

ITA

How will Buddy claim his "blow job" on his taxes?

• Love 5

I noticed how much whitney is in denial about her weight she refers to her body as "this body" or I am ment to live in a fat body.  she de personalizes it. do u make clothes for this body not my body like a normal person would refer the themselves.  it's like the royal we.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JDAlexander said:

How so? I was, let's go with heavy user of coke in my twenties and spent a fair amount of time with other people that did the same and bartenders with drinking problems were always a great hookup, it made them functional when they were drunk on the job and their hours allowed them to sleep of the hangover/comedown.

But pretty much everyone I knew into it either got bored with it and didn't switch to another substance or switched to meth and ruined their lives/dead. But I'm gay and the gay community tends to have a very different view/relationship with substance use/abuse than the straight community.

Edited by John M
  • Love 6
On 1/23/2019 at 12:33 AM, shouldbedancing said:

Poor Todd. #FreeTodd

I don't feel sorry for him.  Todd's enjoying it, and I'm betting he might even get a good book out it!  I'd buy it.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:58 AM, Kentuckydaisy said:
On 1/22/2019 at 10:39 PM, MrsClaus said:

My daughter said it sounds like a porno movie

omg don't give this bitch any ideas I will totally see her doing this as a strong independent fall back career...

I can see her doing feeder porn, on youtube.  A good prelude to 600 Life.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has responded to the complaint about the Pittsburgh classes by (a) blaming the producers and (b) throwing shade at the poster for complaining about a class she got for free.

If no one had shown up, there'd go any hope for another season.  You need fans way more than they need you, Whit.

14 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I kind of love the Producers for turning it into a storyline in which Whitney looks, yet again, completely incompetent at managing her “career”.

And I love that Todd will always help that line along.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Lesia said:

again, not seeing what this fabulous life is.  

"I'm so busy with the Buddy and Heather stuff...planning my BGDC tour..."

is she serious? she doesn't know the meaning of the word BUSY.

Like the 600 Lbers who have "too much going on" to diet.
And whoever from the show was in the bus, should have made Buddy pull over and let someone else drive immediately.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Thanks for sharing that is interesting, I myself came from a lower income family. I made the mistake of bailing out drug addict cousins only to have them steal my hard earned tuition money. I was terrified of making a mistake as I was one mistake away from not being able to pay tuition etc ...meanwhile family members are bailing out the family fuck up who landed in jail once again while waxing on about "poor little addict Johnny..". That said i FULLY believe in funded rehabilitation programs, many people do need help but it angers me when people don't take any responsibility and choose to sponge off family and blame them for their failures.

now I have to admit unless the job is paying for this guy's phd or this degree is needed for license or research purpose ie superintendent of A+ school district,  college professorship, advanced surgical specialists etc.   higher education dose not always pay off, this lady I met who already had one masters degree told me she needed a different one to run some shitty non profit to make 100,000 a year.  this country is putting people in to debt and stress slavery.   people I went to school with a lot of 4 year degree holders who left the country.   my friend advised me to do that as well for a few years once I get my masters just to pay everything off. kinda sad.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2019 at 10:28 PM, John M said:

Education for a lot of systemic reasons and I think at a certain point there hole you have dug yourself by intentional or unintentional choices when it comes to life and employment skills becomes insurmountable in their ability to attack it.

Like I have this friend, sweet, great guy, he had a trade job that actually made him good money as far as education and family history and he threw it all away because he got it in his mind that he should have a white collar professional job like pretty much all of his friends. Now he is up to his eyes in debt from a for-profit college because he was unwilling or unable to understand that at the age of almost 40 he needed high school level English, math and computer classes to catch him up to an entry level office job making $12 an hour.

One of the things I hear all the time from my clients is "Wow, what do I need to do to get a job like you have? Are you guys hiring?" and it's like, oh, that is sweet and I know your heart is in the right place but you aren't even remotely qualified for my position, like I'm planning on going back to school for a masters to advance in my career any further. There is a guy lower than me in the org chart and pay scale that is working on his Ph.D. "Keep checking our website!"

why do you need a phd to work in social services, are they the head of social services.  is the job paying for it.  do u think society is asking a little much if people need a phd just to make a decent living. it's unreasonable. 

• Love 2

I'm really fixating on those goddam s'mores.  Maybe it's because I never liked them, even as a kid at scout camp, it's hard for me to understand why an adult would want to make them on a road trip.  It's not that I think Whitney should never ever have some special celebratory sweet dessert, but why did she have them so soon after the big deal made on the last episode of her preparing and eating the quintessential diet meal?  I'm imagining her squealing "We'll have s'mores!" when she realized they'd be staying overnight in a campground.

I've decided what really chaps my ass about the s'mores is related to everything else about this woman.  She infantilizes herself as much as, if not more than, her parents infantilize her.  This explains the cutesy wordplay--"I'm going to vom!" --and even the too-close physicality. "I'm just a widdle girl, and what I do is cute, no matter what it is."  It allows her to be naked in front of Buddy; it allows her to be irrational in every "crisis."

• Love 14

Mothra, agree X1000. Especially about the S'mores. I didn't even like them when I was a Girl Scout but I have never heard anyone admit it before. I have a group of friends with whom I go winter camping and they bring outsized ingredients for outsized S'mores - and, I still haven't developed a taste for them. (Random thought: I think that possibly GSA created S'mores as well as Sitapons.)

Yeah and The Twit does think of herself as being an adorable little girl. I'm not sure if you saw the interview with Megan Kelley when she  stated "I'm short, I'm fat and I'm cute".

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Ketzel said:

A complaint has popped up on Whitney's instagram from someone who attended the Pittsburgh class and is mad that the show made it sound like everyone got into the class and Buddy saved the day. Apparently two thirds of the people who showed up had to wait over an hour in the street for a second class (and third) and some of them were were not so pleased about it.

When they showed how crowded the room was already, and then Buddy went to check how many people were still in line, I said to myself there is no way they were able to fit all those people in and have room to dance.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:39 PM, Rembeeazy said:

Whitney seriously has the backside of overweight elephant 

Funny you should use that wording...or maybe you were reacting to the same scene where I thought that.  It was when Whitney was climbing back into the RV, I think when she was going to bed.  She was wearing some light brown very, very, loose (non-compression) leggings and the angle they filmed her at made her look exactly like an elephant.  Then I noticed the music they were playing and it was vaguely circus-y and I wondered if that was some sort of subversive producer's dig at her. 

• Love 9

I wish Buddy well, but seriously, I could care less what he does. Was tired of him being so much of the story line last year, and I think lots of others were too. And yet, here he is once more. He is boring whether he is drunk or sober.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

why do you need a phd to work in social services, are they the head of social services.  is the job paying for it.  do u think society is asking a little much if people need a phd just to make a decent living. it's unreasonable. 

I believe he wants to go into academia, not sure. As far as paying for it, there are scholarships and grants, there is also student loan forgiveness if you commit to 7 years at a qualifying non-profit. But yes, I work in a very specialized field and a masters is pretty much required for an upper level management position and not having a J.D.s, Ph.D.s and M.D.s is the exception to the rule as far as C level.

Edited by John M
  • Love 2

Depending on what you do ("social services" is a huge umbrella) you likely don't need a PhD. However in a lot of fields like substance abuse treatment, child welfare, etc. you do need (and when you think about what these people do, really should have) a master's degree and advanced licensure. It's expensive and the jobs really don't pay much. If people weren't committed to the work, they would never choose these professions based on a cost/earning analysis alone.

For example, I got a master's in social work at a private university (it was the only one close to me and I wasn't able to relocate). Per credit hour, my MSW cost as much as a law degree - the tuition was the same. It was about 15 years ago and maybe things have changed and maybe my university was different, but most of the master's degreed people I know working in social services are saddled with heavy educational debt and their salaries don't reflect their advanced education and certification.

• Love 3