Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Big Girl, Little Bus

• Start Topic

Whitney invites Buddy on the road; the BGDC Pittsburgh class is overbooked in a cramped venue, jeopardizing the tour; Buddy's back pain flares, threatening his sobriety; after a rough night, Buddy is missing and Whitney is forced to leave him behind.

Airs January 22, 2019.

• Love 1

I guess every episode Buddy is gonna disappear for a while so Twit can blubber about it.

Between the gang's SM in 2018 & 2 very lengthy MBFFL previews, we already seem to know everything that's gonna happen in this season. For example, we saw in one preview Twit & Tal fanning out over an open space yelling for Buddy.

Last year Ep 4 was the end of 2-hr episodes. I fervently hope this season follows that pattern.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

is this the episode where some awesome  horrible horrible person wrote a nasty on the side of the RV directed at Whitney ? Will I need tissues ? 

LOVE your name!! And if someone wrote a nasty on the “tour” RV,  I plan to die laughing!

• Love 6

Yeah, Twit, you should have anticipated how bad Heather would feel, except since you only focus on yourself, it never even occurred to you. Twit doesn't disappoint in the distasteful human category. 

• Love 13

Why couldn’t Buddy just stay at Twitneys house while she’s gone “on tour” ?? 

Youre a rotten friend to Heather Twitney... you did lie to her face. Twit is gonna love the reveal about the “kiss” as well.  With a friend like Twit....you know the rest.

• Love 12

Why in God’s name doesn’t Buddy go live with or near this supposed girlfriend that he is so in love with.  What is wrong with him that he chooses to hang around Whitney instead of his parents or his girlfriend, that he remains unemployed and has zero personality, not to mention being a slob.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Why in God’s name doesn’t Buddy go live with or near this supposed girlfriend that he is so in love with.  What is wrong with him that he chooses to hang around Whitney instead of his parents or his girlfriend, that he remains unemployed and has zero personality, not to mention being a slob.

Isn't she somewhere in the midwest? He has nothing out there - no friends or supports. Plus I think he said he can't live with her because she has a kid and (wisely) she doesn't want her kid to be around him until she knows where their relationship is headed.

I'm not a fan of Buddy's or Heather's but I still think Heather is way out of bounds telling Whitney that Buddy has to get out. Wrong. I sympathize with Heather. I was head over heels for a guy years ago and it took forever for me to get over him (and he was a way better catch than Buddy). But she still doesn't have the right to banish Buddy from Whitney's - much less the entire city of Greensboro.

And speaking of Buddy - he has no money but he's shopping at Whole Foods? Or does he just use their reusable grocery bags?

Buddy is passive aggressive.  No, there is nothing you can do to help, i’ll just kill myself or take drugs.

Well if he had healthy coping skills, he wouldn't have become an addict.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Mollysmom said:

She kind of deserves it though by her acting like he and his issues are solely her responsibility. 

I feel like the problem is that her life is such a disaster that her only sense of control is meddling with the lives of people with solutions that she thinks are easy.

• Love 12

Heather comes across as incredibly bitter about the whole thing. How much time has passed since they broke up? I understand being upset, but it's going a bit too far. It seems like she might try to sabotage his new relationship honestly. 

• Love 10

Wait - why is Todd dancing around while Twit is just moving her arms on the couch???  Maybe she can't handle a little practice and actually dancing at the same time? Hmm....not so fabulous, now huh?

Edited by aliya
'cause it's Todd, not Tal
  • Love 9

Todd.... that’s all Twit can do. Arm waving and hip shaking 

Of course the first stop is a disaster , Twits an idiot 

Edited by DNR
Words
  • Love 7

Does Buddy have the most beautiful penis on earth? Because even if he does OMG what is wrong with you women?

Huh, crazy that the capacity of the venue is exactly the same as the number of tickets she sold "accidentally".

Edited by John M
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, DNR said:

Todd.... that’s all Twit can do. Arm waving and hip shaking 

Of course the first stop is a disaster , Twits an idiot 

Never a disaster.  Everything she touches turns to gold because she is magnificent.  

• Love 2

Don’t tell me ppl paid real US dollars to get into this sham of a dance tour!

8 minutes ago, John M said:

Does Buddy have the most beautiful penis on earth? Because even if he does OMG what is wrong with you women?

Huh, crazy that the capacity of the venue is exactly the same as the number of tickets she sold "accidentally".

It’s with that or the largest. Really Heather grow the fuck up!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DNR said:

Did these people actually pay to shimmy side to side with Twit ? 

The same ridiculous Twit dance moves 😂😂

So in a past life I used to hang out with some minor pro-sports players and a local newscaster, celebrity, even incredibly minor celebrity is inexplicably infectious to a surprisingly large subset of people. It's really bizarre to see it up front in personal with people you know as that dude I sometimes have a beer with that does that thing for a living that I don't care about at all.

• Love 6
Just now, Emmeline said:

Seriously, I cannot stand watching that lower girth jiggle around the RV Park.

Yeah, I noticed right away how easily Todd ran, and how that contrasted with the way she was just sort of lumbering along. 

• Love 4

"I felt like I was lying to Heather's face this whole time." No bitch you were lying to Heather this whole time....no feelings about it. Buddy is a big boy and needs to find his own place to live. It is not all about you Whit...what about all that back rent he owes you? He won't relapse because of you, get over yourself.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 12
28 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

So Buddy is “moving” his girlfriend and her child to Greensboro (as if he had money to pay for the move).  So are they all moving in with Whitney?  

Right? Get a job and get your own place Buddy. It isn't a choice between Whit and your parents. Stop with the manipulative guilt tripping BS.

• Love 9

Buddy would do well to rethink his sober living plan if the pressure to use is this all-consuming. 

I was glad to hear that he has a sponsor but not so glad to hear that he didn't seem to be reaching out to him. He also didn't need to be locked in an RV all day away from meetings - and he seemed like he was in a good habit of hitting at least one meeting a day. I think he needs a much more structured life.

I learned more than I ever wanted to know about sober living homes when one moved into the house next door to my 80 year old mother. Those guys are required to either be in day treatment, school or work 8 - 9 hours a day. Lights out at 10. No visitors unless they are preapproved and usually it's family. All the residents have a substance abuse diagnosis but most of them are also characterized, loosely, as "failure to launch." Many of them don't know how to do stuff like take out the garbage, do the laundry or make their own dinners. That place would be perfect for Buddy - except that they only take men between the ages of 18 and 25. 

It isn't a choice between Whit and your parents.

It kind of is when you have no money, no job and no employment prospects.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Right? Get a job and get your own place Buddy. It isn't a choice between Whit and your parents. Stop with the manipulative guilt tripping BS.

I don't get the sense that Buddy is qualified for any job that he would want to have and got spoiled by the income and lifestyle that bartending afforded him.

If you have the personality bartending can be a surprisingly lucrative career for someone that is otherwise qualified for stocking shelves at Walmart and isn't allowed to play with the inventory scanner.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Seriously, I cannot stand watching that lower girth jiggle around the RV Park.

I know.   Sometimes I think she looks a little smaller but not tonight.   Her gut looked really huge when she was sitting on that sofa while Todd danced.    I've finally had it with Heather.  I think I hate her more than Twit. I had to change the channel when she was dress shopping I can't take listening to her anymore.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It kind of is when you have no money, no job and no employment prospects.

Didn't he have a place to live? He chose to quit his pizza delivery job and move back to Greensboro and not call his sponsor. He needs to own his shit and take some responsibility for his choices instead of tagging along on an RV road trip or depending upon Whit or his parents to care for him. Speaking from experience recovering addicts are sneaky and manipulative. As for him and Whit, addicts attract addicts. These people make me ragey!

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 13