Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Trouble the Water

ohjoy

Pilgrim reminds me of the Daredevil (and, later, Punisher) villain Bushwhacker from the comics, albeit missing a cybernetic gun arm. I don't feel they've quite given the viewers enough reason to believe he is as terrifying as they attempt to portray him so far, though.

This was a fun episode. Almost an homage to the very Punisher-esque John Rambo from First Blood. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop when people find out that "Pete" is really Frank Castle, though.

• Love 1

I think I would have liked this episode more if I could see what was going on. The fight scene in the police station was so dark, I couldn't figure who was who and what was going on. Was anyone else confused? I'm kind of disappointed that they are turning the plot back to New York and to Russo. I wish it kept on the storyline with the religious cult as I feel that was left open. I'm sure they'll go back to it, but I rather focus on a new story than the villain from last season.  It is also drawing out why they are after to girl for way to long.

• Love 3

I see I am not the only one who is not compelled by the religious nut villain.  Aren't those kind of religious cults pretty common in the US?  So called "Christians" who want to eradicate everyone who is not them.  Personally I prefer to spend more time with Billy Russo. Though that may be mostly because I like Ben Barnes.

I LOVED this episode!  I watched it three times just for the last sequence.  Frank loose was amazing...as was the comment about the devil coming to town.  I think this was the best episode of the season

• Love 2

That episode was really fun, especially when Frank made it outside it was ao satisfying. It had th right amount of tension and thankfully didn't interrupt it with too many Billy scenes.

11 hours ago, blueray said:

I think I would have liked this episode more if I could see what was going on. The fight scene in the police station was so dark, I couldn't figure who was who and what was going on. Was anyone else confused? 

Have you tried adjusting the picture settings on your tv. I was having the same issue with something awhile back so I googled how to adjust the brightness and other settings and it made a huge difference.

16 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop when people find out that "Pete" is really Frank Castle, though.

I was wondering if they were going to do that. A by the way my name is actualy Frank Castle could have been really funny.

Looking forward to them back in NY. Hopefully we will see Lieberman again since his relationship with Frank was really funny and good.

Also I couldn't quite tell, what was it that the sheriff handed Frank at the very end, after his bag?

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, magdalene said:

I see I am not the only one who is not compelled by the religious nut villain.  Aren't those kind of religious cults pretty common in the US?  So called "Christians" who want to eradicate everyone who is not them.  Personally I prefer to spend more time with Billy Russo. Though that may be mostly because I like Ben Barnes.

Naw, I'm with you. I'm more interested in Billy and whatever's going on with his weird shrink. I'm over the religious nut stuff even though I do like the actor. 

I'm sure getting trapped in your small town Sheriff's office is the stuff of many a movie and show but all I could think of during this episode was Supernatural.

• Love 2

Have you tried adjusting the picture settings on your tv. I was having the same issue with something awhile back so I googled how to adjust the brightness and other settings and it made a huge difference.

It's actually my computer. The rest of the episode was fine, just that one fight scene.

On 1/21/2019 at 4:02 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

That episode was really fun, especially when Frank made it outside it was ao satisfying. It had th right amount of tension and thankfully didn't interrupt it with too many Billy scenes.

That was AWESOME! I loved watching Frank taking down those arrogant assholes.

Personally, I'm over Russo and Madani. I was over them in season 1. So now I think I'll be skipping those scenes, hope I don't get too lost.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:34 AM, festivus said:

I'm sure getting trapped in your small town Sheriff's office is the stuff of many a movie and show but all I could think of during this episode was Supernatural.

I would like to think Frank would get fed up and shoot Castiel after about 10 minutes.

Seriously though, what I like about Frank is that he reserves his fury for those who deserve it and is fair, protective and kind (in his own way) to the innocent.   This may seem an odd comparison, but his demeanor reminds me of Batman (in the comics) before Frank Miller ruined the character.   

Bernthal is killing this role.   I can't imagine anyone else doing it even half as well.   Sometimes he doesn't even have to speak.   A shot of his profile alone makes a statement.

In sharp contrast is Pilgrim, who looks more like Scott Pilgrim than any kind of serious bad guy.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 2019-01-23 at 8:36 PM, millennium said:

I would like to think Frank would get fed up and shoot Castiel after about 10 minutes.

Seriously though, what I like about Frank is that he reserves his fury for those who deserve it and is fair, protective and kind (in his own way) to the innocent.   This may seem an odd comparison, but his demeanor reminds me of Batman (in the comics) before Frank Miller ruined the character.   

Bernthal is killing this role.   I can't imagine anyone else doing it even half as well.   Sometimes he doesn't even have to speak.   A shot of his profile alone makes a statement.

In sharp contrast is Pilgrim, who looks more like Scott Pilgrim than any kind of serious bad guy.   

Bernthal IS killing this role. He's fantastic. He does so much with so little dialogue, agreed. Pilgrim is doing nothing for me, but it is so typical of these religious cult-y leaders who just twist scripture to meet their shitty directives.
I don't understand Corben Bernsen's character - he's the big bad but the show is really drawing out the why (or I've missed it). His generosity towards John's wife is based on those white power tattoos, I'm sure. I wonder if the people on respirators in the church were some kind of hint.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, catrice2 said:

I LOVED this episode!  I watched it three times just for the last sequence.  Frank loose was amazing...as was the comment about the devil coming to town.  I think this was the best episode of the season

Same. and the response, "Who gives a shit? As long as he's on our side." 

I have no interest in the religious nut. I miss Micro, the girl has grown on me a bit, and I like Madani.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1

Corbin Bernsen and Annette O'Toole are the true leaders of the cult? Sweet, does this mean we're going to see Frank Castle vs. Martha Kent battle?!

The shootout was entertaining, but I also had issues actually seeing anything.  All the other scenes were fine, so I don't know why they made it as dark as it was.

Russo's now on the loose, so Madani decides that maybe she needs Frank after-all!

Bummed that Teri Reeves' character has already been killed.  Think I would have rather she be the villain than Pilgrim.

• Love 1
On 1/29/2019 at 3:01 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Corbin Bernsen and Annette O'Toole are the true leaders of the cult? Sweet, does this mean we're going to see Frank Castle vs. Martha Kent battle?!

I missed that part, if this is the episode that opened with Pilgrim. I have no interest in the cult. :/