Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Dark Hearts of Men

ohjoy

Well, that sucks. They took the most interesting thing about Pilgrim, his discipline and will, and threw it out the window. Now he’s just a tormented addict who likes to fight. 

I kind of enjoy the battle of words and perspectives going on between Medina and the therapist. 

I struggle with Billy’s army and their relevance in this. We don’t see much of what they do, and most of them are just lost people, not evil. 

Could Pilgrim be even more displaced from the Frank/Russo story this season?  How the hell do the writers come up with the idea of introducing this character and storyline, then proceed to make it such a back burner that it has no bearing on most of the season?

Madini and Krista managed to bore for an entire episode with their storyline.

The end was interesting though.

• Love 1
On 1/24/2019 at 10:16 PM, Ottis said:

Well, that sucks. They took the most interesting thing about Pilgrim, his discipline and will, and threw it out the window. Now he’s just a tormented addict who likes to fight. 

I kind of enjoy the battle of words and perspectives going on between Medina and the therapist. 

I struggle with Billy’s army and their relevance in this. We don’t see much of what they do, and most of them are just lost people, not evil. 

They chose to go along with killing people for Billy. For money, not to help anyone. They are evil.

I don't like it when they align the good guy and the bad guy as being the same, though. They did that with Pilgrim, too. Showed him acting just like Frank, and just like those guys following Billy (who didn't even fight Frank himself - what a chicken). 

On 1/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, benteen said:

Could Pilgrim be even more displaced from the Frank/Russo story this season?  How the hell do the writers come up with the idea of introducing this character and storyline, then proceed to make it such a back burner that it has no bearing on most of the season?

Madini and Krista managed to bore for an entire episode with their storyline.

The end was interesting though.

Billy and the therapist can die now. They are the ones who put those women there to die. Billy knew what he would do. He knew that he would come back from what those guys did, and kill them. And that he had assumed the women had left the building. Now Frank is feeling guilt for their death. 

• Love 2

So, Dumont was just talking with Madani to try and figure out Frank's breaking point and her conclusion was to takeaway any idea he had that he is better than Russo.  That leads to Russo laying out a trap, cause a massive shootout, and have Frank be the one to accidentally kill a bunch of innocent women.  I guess I can see how that will lead to guilt crushing him going forward, even though Russo really was the one who put them in harms was purposely.  

And I guess Curtis is now going to feel like crap to for killing that other guy even though he gave them verbal warnings several times and only had to pull the trigger when he was all out of options.

Pilgrim is off in his own little world, I see.  And the show wasted Kevin Chapman already, which is very displeasing.

Kind of slow until the end to the point where I took a little nap before the shoot out. I kept wondering why they did the whole 24 hours earlier thing so I  glad it made sense.

As far as Frank killing the women and it making him a bad guy I would argue he was always a bad guy. I mean he was the one executing prisoners in Afghanistan.

Also seriously show a blow job monologue. The only show that can pull of those is Deadwood and Pilgrim you are no Al Swearengen.