Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E10: Help, I'm Alive

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, readster said:

I also like to know why Maggie never got any information on why her mother felt "smothered" by her husband. She even said whens he finally left him: "I feel I could finally breathe." Yet Maggie never once goes; "Why, why would you ever feel like that? Dad was never like that to me." Yet, it was just ignored or Maggie did her: "Ok, I'm just going to give you my deer in the headlights look and stop talking and go buy milk later." They can't turn Maggie into a mature person, because she constantly acts like she is 9. I know everyone on the show acts like they are in middle school, but Dear God! Maggie never grows as a character or anything and as much as the writer staff seems to love the actress, her character is horrible. 

It seems to me that if it doesn’t involve maggie or  affect her or she doesn’t deem it worthy it just doesn’t exist. 

I think this situation would have been a good character growth moment for maggie in terms of maybe understanding why her mother chose to keep her illness from her but that would include having maggie be wrong and this show will not have her be wrong. 

• Love 6

I don’t buy deluca and Meredith as a couple at all, for all the reasons that have already been posted. This story line is the most annoying one to me  Meredith just comes across as so much more mature with much more life experience than him  

This might be unpopular opinion but I have always liked teddy. I’m glad to see her back. 

Edited by Spicymustard
  • Love 10
On 1/25/2019 at 8:10 PM, Layne said:

Was it offensive when Jackson and Callie called her "like 12" or when Cristina said she rode in on her big wheel? 

DeLuca was an intern at the end of Season 13 so he's at most a 3rd year resident. He's a year ahead of Glasses. 

Sickle cell anemia. 

Yes it is always offensive to be ageist.  Maggie supposedly has the talent to be in her position.  She might be better than Teddy despite her age. 

• Love 1

Have we ever seen them actually ask the patient for permission to have other doctors watch from the gallery?

Maggie needs to get over herself.

If my doctor came to treat me coughing and looking feverish, with an IV in his arm, I'd tell him to get the fuck out. (And why is it these doctors seem to be able to take random days off at the last minute to do whatever, like, say, spy on their sorta-foster-kid all day, but when he's actually sick he refuses to leave because the ER just can't function without him?)

On 1/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, funnygirl said:

And I agree, Casey Parker is the best intern of that group. I'd place Dahlia Qadri in second, but because both have been severely underused, we don't know much about them. The other two are incredibly annoying but I think we're supposed to think they're funny? (I don't.) 

All I really know about Qadri is that she wears a hijab and she's good at chasing dogs around the hospital.

When the doctors tell you to relax and not move so they can get a scan, it is not the time for a panicky monologue.

What is it with everyone on this show blurting out other people's cancer diagnoses (current or past)?

And yes, Linc, you should explain your thinking when you are breezily not doing something that other doctors would consider standard care.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who laughed when no one broke Owen's fall? I hope he has a nice bruise on his shoulder.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:32 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Maybe they figured since it's his fifth time turning five, they didn't really need to be there.

Lol. I have long since given up trying to keep track of how old any of these kids should be.

So a department head can just give their job to someone else (who doesn't even technically work there?) without even running it by the chief and the board. Okay.

On 1/25/2019 at 6:28 AM, dmc said:

If Catherine wanted secrecy, she should have gone to another hospital and used other doctors. Who consults with both her son and husband’s colleagues?

Someone who forgets that she lives in a world where medical privacy is only relevant when it's convenient.

I liked Parker laughing at Schmitt trying to put in the contacts. (Where did he get contacts, anyway? Is there an optometrist in the hospital? Why would he not be doing that at home? My eye doctor provides training in inserting/removing them for first-time users; I thought that was pretty standard. They don't just hand you a box of contacts and send you on your way. I know, I'm way over-thinking this.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Have we ever seen them actually ask the patient for permission to have other doctors watch from the gallery?

This is the first time I've ever noticed it on the show. I guess it was in here because it was a plot point for Catherine, a delicate surgery so she can do one more miracle before her own surgery.

But it's never bothered me since the gallery itself is a fictional thing. No real hospital can afford to lose that much space just to have other hospital personnel observe an operation.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Spicymustard said:

This might be unpopular opinion but I have always liked teddy. I’m glad to see her back. 

You're not alone! I've always liked her too. In fact, I considered quitting watching the show when they got rid of Arizona, but I stayed mostly for Teddy. 
But like I said, I'm really disappointed that they brought her back just to basically be an incubator for Owen's baby. If they so desperately wanted to make him a father AND stay with Amelia, they could have easily got Amelia pregnant and we'd have none of this ridiculous mess with Owen having three children all of a sudden. *insert major eyeroll here* But if her endgame is Koracick, he's much better than Owen in pretty much every imaginable way, so it might not all be too bad. 

Also, I wish she'd stop being so goddamn whiny and insecure and impose herself like she did back in the day. She could have and should have gone ballistic on Maggie's annoying ass. She's really in no position to judge anyone considering how unethical she has been.

Edited by Joana
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Spicymustard said:

I like Teddy too.  She usually acts like a semi-rational adult, compared to the others.  Usually, that is.  *LOL* 

(Though I actually prefer Kim Raver as Audrey on "24".)

• Love 3

I like Teddy but she is getting on my nerves, I want Owen and Amelia to be happy together, I love Ameliia and she doesn't need Teddy butting in, Owen can his their kid when its born, But keep him and Teddy apart

does anyone else think Catherine will be the next major character killed off the show?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ams1001 said:

(And why is it these doctors seem to be able to take random days off at the last minute to do whatever, like, say, spy on their sorta-foster-kid all day, but when he's actually sick he refuses to leave because the ER just can't function without him?)

Because he used up all his sick days spying on his sorta-foster- kid all day! 😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, statsgirl said:

HIPAA has only been around since 1996 under Clinton. And HIPAA is not perfect, An overly strong compliance can lead to problems with both research and clinical care.

Why was HIPAA created?  My guess is that it was to encode what we feel is morally right, which is that a person's personal information should remain private unless the person agrees to its disclosure (except when it's a legal issue, then there is a legal duty to disclose).

HIPAA the law passed in 1996 but it contains no privacy restrictions besides telling HHS to issue regulations if Congress didn't pass anything in 6 months. It didn't and privacy regs became mandatory in 2003; security rules in 2005. I don't know I'd describe it as intended to encode what we view as morally right--was tied to Congress standardizing transactions (i.e. hospital to health plan confirming eligibility) so these things could happen electronically more easily . . with that came concerns about privacy. HIPAA doesn't require your consent to all disclosures---treatment, payment and routine operation disclosures all are permitted without consent, along with some other exceptions. But I know I'm the only HIPAA geek who is interested in this so I will shut up now.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:20 AM, statsgirl said:

Is Koracick making a move on Teddy?  It seems weird to me to want sex with a woman who is pregnant with another man's baby. That said, wow, the actor has chemistry with everybody.

That would actually fit with the kind of guy Koracik is. Is it bad that he has become my favorite character on the show? He has a way of cutting through everybody's bullsh** that makes me smile every single time.

• Love 8
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:28 AM, dmc said:

If Catherine wanted secrecy, she should have gone to another hospital and used other doctors. Who consults with both her son and husband’s colleagues? 

And then gets mad when the Secret gets out?

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, TVForever said:

And then gets mad when the Secret gets out?

Right I know this is Grey’s  universe.  But Jackson practically owns the hospital.  That’s an awkward secret to keep from your boss.  They could’ve written her going to another hospital and still keeping it a secret. 

• Love 2

I want to stand in solidarity with the people who shuddered when Fake Amy Schumer put contacts in Glasses’ eyes without washing her hands! WTF? I had a visceral reaction to that. When I was young and stupid, I tried that once. Never again. WTF?!

• Love 7

They could turn Koracick in one of Meredith's sisters. That way, he would always be around.

Is there an award for "Most Hated Character Ever"? Maybe that's what the writers are trying to achieve with Maggie. Good job there.

• Love 4