Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E03: Week 3

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 1/22/2019 at 11:10 PM, LuvMyShows said:

From what we've seen Colton should have no trouble knowing which one to believe.  First of all, as mentioned above, Hannah B started it.  But more importantly, Hannah herself told Colton on her date, and he saw it as well, that she can get very in-her-head when she feels stressed and imperfect.  And IIRC, Caelynn described something about the problem occurring with Hannah when she didn't place in the pageant and started being in her head.

They may well both be either terrible or they just hate each other and they're fine with other people, but Caelynn is SO much better at playing the game than Hannah B. I kind of need Hannah to stick around because her obvious missteps are incredibly amusing. She says things that land so incredibly wrong with Colton, he reacts to it, and then we see her brain slowly catch on to the fact that it was a faux pas...hilarious. She also fell hook, line, and sinker for Never Been Kissed's terrible advice about going to Colton to trash Caelynn. I don't know if NBK is deliberately trying to sabotage her, but that was just the worst advice ever. Tattletales never, ever fare well.

Of the two, I think he might actually be kinda into Caelynn (though she doesn't seem like a frontrunner) and Hannah B's been on borrowed time since that first bad date, followed by her parade of red flag incidents, but she'll keep getting roses until it's 2-1 time.

That was the point I was making earlier, and why I didn't really feel bad for her being sent home.  I didn't think it was because he wanted her to have a sob story.  I felt he just wanted her to have some substance, which she didn't really have.  He tried to converse with her and she took it nowhere.  Not only did she not have a sob story--she appeared to have no life.  lol

I did feel bad for her, that felt like one of the most personal, pointed dismissals I've ever seen. Girls who are sent home at a rose ceremony can invent their own reasons for their demise, a bad date can happen, 2 on 1 might not go your way, but simply taking him aside for the obligatory "can I steal you for a minute" and you get bounced? Ouch. She might have gotten further on the show by NOT getting any face time with him, lol.

• Love 1
On 1/22/2019 at 8:38 AM, JudyObscure said:

Thank you for that post, GracieK.  I hope you didn't think I meant anything derogatory when I said not all Christians are Irish Catholic, I was just trying to say that we aren't all exactly alike and that someone being Pro-life doesn't even necessarily  mean they're "religious," as has been implied.   Miss Manners once said that all abortion debates boil down to when you think life begins, and that sums it up for me.  So I'm always surprised when someone else is surprised that a mother might choose to die rather than let the fetus die.  If that fetus is as fully human to you as a four year old then no one would say, "But why did she give her life for that four year-old?  He can't raise himself!"

I am pro-choice but I totally get the point of view expressed here.  

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, Lemons said:

I actually think he’s offensively boring.  And you know the eliminated are upset about not going to exotic locations.  

Are the eliminated even upset this season? Don't we usually get more weeping-in-the-limo pieces at this point? Mostly I've just seen the eliminated say goodbye, wish him luck, and go.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, SHD said:

Are the eliminated even upset this season? Don't we usually get more weeping-in-the-limo pieces at this point? Mostly I've just seen the eliminated say goodbye, wish him luck, and go.

Heh, the only one who's really been upset so far is the girl that he randomly cut in the middle of a date and obviously had way more to do with her being embarrassed and surprised than about losing her chance with Colton.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Heh, the only one who's really been upset so far is the girl that he randomly cut in the middle of a date and obviously had way more to do with her being embarrassed and surprised than about losing her chance with Colton.

At the beginning it's always about the embarrassment of being cut so early and "losing".   

3 hours ago, Lemons said:

At the beginning it's always about the embarrassment of being cut so early and "losing".   

We're past the beginning at this point and her exit was much more embarrassing than just going home with the Night 1 crowd. She was the first one to get cut all by herself and walked out of a cocktail party. Especially since the editors juxtaposed it with her going out of her way to get some face time with Colton, only to get ushered out.

I can’t fault Elyse for telling her story—I would imagine that losing a sibling changes you in a way that never, ever isn’t a part of who you are. I went and google stalked her and her family and it really seems like such a tragic thing. The baby is now 5 or 6 and I would imagine that know having this little person in the world who came out of such heartache makes you doubly thankful for the blessing that she truly is. 

I think you can tell so much about a person’s heart by how they interact with children. To use Elyse’s annoying term, I was smitten with both her and Colten during that amusement park date. He was just so effortless with those kids, and you could see the happiness on his face. Elyse was especially bonded with that precious little girl with the curly hair. It made me so sad to think of what those kids have been through already in their short lives. 

I think one of the worst is Dimples Barbie who seems to be so emotionally stunted. She was nothing but a pot-stirring jerk. Hannah Teeth was perfectly relaxed and calm until Dimples Barbie planted the idea in her mind that Pageant Nemesis was trash taking her to Colton. 

I don’t find Colton sexy at all, but I would love to hang out with him—he seems like a sweet guy that has a lot of fun in life. I like what he has with Normal Hannah, and I think he feels very safe with her. When he said that she “feels like home” I knew she’d go pretty far. 

• Love 1