Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E03: Week 3

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, deSchenke said:

I’m team Caelynn.  I don’t know why Colton cares a whit about Hannah B, given that their 1-on-1 date was so awkward.  And it was Hannah B who started with the back-stabbing.  Just send her home!

From what we've seen Colton should have no trouble knowing which one to believe.  First of all, as mentioned above, Hannah B started it.  But more importantly, Hannah herself told Colton on her date, and he saw it as well, that she can get very in-her-head when she feels stressed and imperfect.  And IIRC, Caelynn described something about the problem occurring with Hannah when she didn't place in the pageant and started being in her head.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

But it wasn't her hand, it was a mannequin hand!! She has it all figured out... but yeah that was really odd, I mean there was no lead-in to it just put on this blindfold and wham directly to spanking him? Why? Was he supposed to think it was funny? What's endearing about a blindfolded spanking on a group date? And did she have the hand and the paddle in her purse or something? The whole thing was odd.

The spanking was wrong because it wasn't consensual.  Imagine of a male contestant on the B'ette asked her to put on a blindfold and then SPANKED HER WITH A PADDLE! 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Thank you for that post, GracieK.  I hope you didn't think I meant anything derogatory when I said not all Christians are Irish Catholic, I was just trying to say that we aren't all exactly alike and that someone being Pro-life doesn't even necessarily  mean they're "religious," as has been implied.   Miss Manners once said that all abortion debates boil down to when you think life begins, and that sums it up for me.  So I'm always surprised when someone else is surprised that a mother might choose to die rather than let the fetus die.  If that fetus is as fully human to you as a four year old then no one would say, "But why did she give her life for that four year-old?  He can't raise himself!"

I also figured there was more to the baby story, but you never know. I still didn't like her use of the word "obviously." I think the debate is more should the state decide what a woman does with her body in the process of reproduction? Because I personally would never get an abortion, unless medically necessary, but I am pro choice. Choice being the operative world. Women need to be the ones to choose what happens with their own bodies, not the government. And Elyse's sister was free to make her choice. 

Elyse is really pretty, and seems kind and mature, especially compared to Demi. What a passive aggressive twit. 

Based on the previews, I thought the 2 on 1 with the drama queens ('scuse me, pageant queens) was going to be in tonight's episode. It's clearly coming, and should be an interesting show!

Colton is as boring as can be, so inoffensively boring I find it hard to understand any of these women squealing over him. He lacks the "it" factor. And I couldn't care less when/how he loses his virginity. Please, PLEASE stop making crass jokes out of it, show! It's so tacky.

I agree he sent home the girl who wanted to go out with friends all the time for fun because she was as shallow as a puddle, and had nothing to say, rather than she didn't have a sob story. 

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I strongly agree with the bolded.   I'm tired of mother's being sainted for orphaning their living child to produce a second motherless child.  It also reinforces the flawed religious belief that a fetus's life is of greater value than the mother's.

However, I personally don't feel like Elyse was manipulating him.  He would have given her the rose regardless - he's really into her at this point.

I thought her spin on the story would be "and now I'm looking after these two motherless kids"/"I'm really involved in the kids' lives." But, the truth is her sister made a decision and her brother-in-law is taking care of two kids alone. What is her part in the story? She's using her sister's actions to make herself look good? But, she didn't really do anything... If I was Colton I'd translate the story as "Hey, if I have the choice to abort and treat my cancer or carry to term... you're going to be a single father."

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I think the debate is more should the state decide what a woman does with her body in the process of reproduction? Because I personally would never get an abortion, unless medically necessary, but I am pro choice. Choice being the operative world. Women need to be the ones to choose what happens with their own bodies, not the government. And Elyse's sister was free to make her choice. 

Right, I agree with you about the legal debate. The "moment when life begins," is what I would call the moral debate. Still, even though I'm Pro-choice I have every respect for the Pro- life movement because (again based on when they think life begins) it only makes sense that they would want the government to step in, just as the government prohibits murder.  Sigh.  I'm sorry to be even talking about this on our fun Bachelor thread. Whatever anyone believes,  I just hate that the issue has caused so much division in our country, particularly when it influences presidential elections. 

And I agree with you that Elyse was nuts to say, "obviously" because it's anything but that.

Now I'm mad at the show for letting that controversial story slip in.  As Watchingtvaddict said Elyse didn't really do anything so who cares?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Elyse was nuts to say, "obviously" because it's anything but that.

The only thing I can think is that maybe it wasn't obvious in & of itself, but obvious to those who knew her, but she didn't express that thought properly (or it was edited out)?

• Love 5

I definitely think Hannah is horrible, but to be fair here, that does not mean that Caelynn is not also horrible.

Wow, harsh sending that girl home on the group date! I'm sure she wasn't such a burden that he couldn't nicely wait until the rose ceremony. She didn't do half as badly as weirdo Hannah on her one on one last week.

Two nightmare dates this week: children and working out. *shudder*

My friend and I both physically recoiled when we saw Colton going in for the kiss with someone. He looked like a kid playing dress up with that pirate outfit on.

Demi and all young girls who think they're immune to aging crack me up. I just turned 30 but I feel like 23 was still yesterday. Although I'm sure Demi will have settled down into a chirpy soccer/PTA mom role by then, showing up to softball games in revealing outfits and flirting with everyone else's husbands. At any rate, I'd happily be relegated to the cougar den rather than have to board with a bunch of early 20 somethings and their drama.

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, deSchenke said:

And how many girls wear glasses?  Do they don the glasses in the morning and put in contacts after their coffee?

LOL.  Is there something wrong or suspicious about being near-sighted?  This is how a lot of us live our lives.

I have to admit, Colton is not the disaster I definitely thought he would be.  I am not sure why or how it's turning out okay, but it definitely is.  I prefer him over Ben from a few seasons back, but I guess I would prefer a pile of garbage to him.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL.  Is there something wrong or suspicious about being near-sighted?  This is how a lot of us live our lives.

Not at all!  I just found it odd that more than half the girls were wearing glasses in that scene.  I thought they looked great in glasses and wish I looked that good.  They should wear them all day!

• Love 3

I don't fault Colton (geez, he really is unremarkable, I just had to scroll back up to find his name) for sending her home in the middle of the date. He knew that he wasn't interested nor did she seem interested in him. He knew the next day would be the pool party. So why string her along with her trying to find something interesting to say to him throughout that day?  

• Love 6

It was kind of dark so I may be wrong, but were Colton’s lips still covered in lipstick while he was talking to Caitlin? Jeez, dude, grab a handkerchief and clean yourself up. It was kind of gross to think about all the women he made out with back-to-back on that date. You’d think some of the girls would have been put off and tried to wipe off his lips before letting him kiss them. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jade.black said:

I definitely think Hannah is horrible, but to be fair here, that does not mean that Caelynn is not also horrible.

Hah! That is an excellent point. They are both pretty catty.

6 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

He knew that he wasn't interested nor did she seem interested in him. He knew the next day would be the pool party. So why string her along with her trying to find something interesting to say to him throughout that day?

Exactly. Especially at this stage in the game when there are people falling all over each other to talk to him and yet she can't even say anything something remarkable about her life so far? Also it sends the message to the other girls that the Bach is serious about "the process" and to be on your best behavior or you could be next.

• Love 1

Old fart here, please enlighten.  WTH is the etymology of the phrase, being " in one's head?"  Arie said it endlessly - but surely that dimwit didn't add to the English language?  It's been used here by some posters, too.  I googled it to no avail, but it seems such an oddball way to say quiet or uncommunicative...

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Colton is as boring as can be, so inoffensively boring I find it hard to understand any of these women squealing over him

I agree Colton is inoffensively boring. I don't have any strong opinion about him, he's just "there" as The Bach. But for all the women squealing over him, that's so they get more screen time, THs and, best of all, online chatter on SM and an invitation to BIP. The louder and crazier they are, the longer they last on this franchise. And people can come back from long-past seasons for another 15 minutes. It's all good for them; maybe not so great for us viewers if we want to take this "process" seriously. *cough* (As if that's possible.)

Besides: FREE TRAVEL! Yeay!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Old fart here, please enlighten.  WTH is the etymology of the phrase, being " in one's head?"  Arie said it endlessly - but surely that dimwit didn't add to the English language?  It's been used here by some posters, too.  I googled it to no avail, but it seems such an oddball way to say quiet or uncommunicative...

To me it means over thinking something and second guessing every decision or action you made or are going to make. 

• Love 5

I might have to start a drinking game and start taking a shot of something every time we see Colton shirtless. I think they start every episode with him in some state of undress. I'm not a fan of his big muscular body and its a total turn off but I hope some find it exciting. 

• Love 5
On 1/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, Lamb18 said:

Demi seems really childish to me.  She is really childish - I don't think she knows what passive aggressive means.

The pirate date seems fun. If you didn't care about competing for Colton, you could just have fun being a ham.

Hannah Big Tooth is getting scary. I wonder if the Poop Deck crew get to eat. I see they have some grog.

Hannah big tooth and the Poop Deck Crew is a great band name. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

It was kind of dark so I may be wrong, but were Colton’s lips still covered in lipstick while he was talking to Caitlin? Jeez, dude, grab a handkerchief and clean yourself up. It was kind of gross to think about all the women he made out with back-to-back on that date. You’d think some of the girls would have been put off and tried to wipe off his lips before letting him kiss them. 

I'm so grossed out by that every single season. It's almost more disturbing than the back-to-back overnight dates. If I were the lead on this show (as if!), I would never kiss during group dates or cocktail parties, only during one-on-one dates. I remember in older seasons the people who got the group date roses got to spend one-on-one time with the lead after everyone else went back to the house; in that case, kissing is fine too. But several people in the span of a few hours, no.

6 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

6 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

To my understanding 'Being In Your Head' is shown by various actions but the base of it is like 'thinking too much'. You're no longer just letting things flow, you're over-analyzing everything and it locks you up.

38 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

To me it means over thinking something and second guessing every decision or action you made or are going to make. 

I think it also means being overly fixated on details that don't matter in the grand scheme of things, like Tracy was about Demi touching the group date rose in last week's episode.

As for this episode, I don't blame Colton for eliminating Caitlin on the group date, there just didn't seem to be any "there" there with her.

I liked Elise's date, and I'll reserve judgement about what happened to her sister because I'm sure there was a lot more to that story than what she told Colton or what the show chose to air.

The Hannah and Caelynn feud is just tedious, I don't care either way, though it's abundantly clear that Colton is a lot more attracted to Caelynn than Hannah. And on a shallow note, I don't see how either of those two won beauty pageants. Hannah is very plain, and her smile always looks fake. Caelynn has had terrible work done to her face. There are some stunning women this season - Tayshia, Nicole, the eliminated-too-soon Nina - Hannah and Caelynn can't hold a candle to them.

Continuing on the shallow note, there was a blink-and-you-miss-it shot of Demi without makeup when one of the date cards was being read, and I had to rewind and do a double take. She looked completely different, much more fresh-faced and age-appropriate. I still can't stand her personality though.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I remember in older seasons the people who got the group date roses got to spend one-on-one time with the lead after everyone else went back to the house;

Oh, wow, I remember that now too! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. LOL! Gosh, back then it meant something (besides getting to stay) if a person got the group-date rose.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Continuing on the shallow note, there was a blink-and-you-miss-it shot of Demi without makeup when one of the date cards was being read, and I had to rewind and do a double take. She looked completely different, much more fresh-faced and age-appropriate. I still can't stand her personality though.

There was a shot of her in clear/light brown glasses at one point... that also made her look completely different.

image.jpg.fd97e81aae8971f14ee82e1ec7740c97.jpg

I think it's funny how many of the women wear glasses during the day/when just hanging around but if they're going to 'be seen' they throw in their contacts. I've been just going with my glasses last 15 years or so and I don't really miss the pain and the pain of their upkeep.

Edited by Wandering Snark
picture
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

There was a shot of her in clear/light brown glasses at one point... that also made her look completely different.

She does look so much better without the fake lashes and painted-on eyebrows, glasses or no glasses.

23 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I think it's funny how many of the women wear glasses during the day/when just hanging around but if they're going to 'be seen' they throw in their contacts. I've been just going with my glasses last 15 years or so and I don't really miss the pain and the pain of their upkeep.

I was never able to get into contacts in the first place, since I hate having anything touch my eyeballs. I can still see somewhat without glasses, so I might take them off for a special occasion with eveningwear, but other than that I always wear them and don't feel self-conscious. I actually feel "prettier" wearing glasses because I'm far-sighted and the lenses make my eyes look bigger.

• Love 2
On 1/22/2019 at 10:25 AM, Stan39 said:

One exciting thing about this season is that half of the remaining contestants are women of color! I don't think that's ever happened before.

Becca kept a lot of black contestants for a long time, and then seemed to dump almost all of them at once.  I wondered at the time if TPTB had encouraged this (the keeping part) to help their own image.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, Lamb18 said:

Well, Colton, if you like them both, just keep both. Then trust your own judgment and don't let the other girls influence you so much

I kept thinking that either Caitlyn or Hannah themselves should have said this to Colton.  He was obviously torn, and if one of them had just said something encouraging like, “Trust your judgment” or “You’ll make the right decision” his relief probably would have made him feel a lot more positive to her.  And why all the dramatics anyway, it’s only week 3, keep anyone you want!

• Love 1
On 1/22/2019 at 12:30 AM, tinkerbell said:

How many of these girls are "Smitten Kittens?"  I lost track.  It is that how the kids say they have a crush on someone?

The annoying sexy voice girl from Ari’s season who ended up with “Goose” on BIP kept saying ‘smitten kitten’. I hate it!! It was the first time I’d ever heard the term and I was hoping to never hear it again. But then Elyse had to try to be cute and ruin my night.

3 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Becca kept a lot of black contestants for a long time, and then seemed to dump almost all of them at once.  I wondered at the time if TPTB had encouraged this (the keeping part) to help their own image.

I noticed Colton eliminated only one black woman on each of the first two weeks and he has enough WoC left to prove he’s not racist until hometowns. I bet he eliminates one per week. This is the cynic in me but I just can’t imagine this lily white rich kid choosing a woman of color. This is just how I see Colton. I think Nick really was falling for the lawyer who ended up being the first black bachelorette. But for some reason Colton’s interactions with the African American females seems forced. I like Colton but it is very rare to see a white man committing to a black woman—for some reason that I still can’t pinpoint. I think it’s bullshit. I just have a feeling that the black women are there so that the show can prove something. Really show? Then where’s our black Bachelor?? Why couldn’t Kenny have this season? He was a fan favorite and an amazing, genuine, awesome ass dad. And he wasn’t the only one they could have chosen.

I hope nobody gets offended by this post but it just pisses me off to see them get these women’s hopes up just to make a point, just because we noticed all white casts for years. At least they could pick a man that sincerely loves black women but I don’t think Colton is that guy. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

To my understanding 'Being In Your Head' is shown by various actions but the base of it is like 'thinking too much'. You're no longer just letting things flow, you're over-analyzing everything and it locks you up.

Thanks!  More to it than I thought.

Hanna B gives me psycho vibes... I think it´s obvious what the feud is all about, she was jealous and lost it when the other girl was a runner up and she didn´t place. I think she comes off really badly and is 90% responsible for all the drama we´ve seen. I wouldn´t be surprised if Colton is disgusted with her, she´s done nothing but badmouth her former "friend" seemingly without cause. C-lyn seem genuinely scared.

Edited by halkatla
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

This picture reinforces my thought that Demi is a little kid playing sexy grownup woman.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I have extremely poor vision and my glasses are Coke-bottle-thick, even with the treatment to "thin" the lenses out. I only ever wear them in my house right before bed and maybe a little bit in the morning, but if I know I'm going to "be seen", in my contacts go. Part of what's kept me from considering Lasik is knowing that you have to forgo contact lenses for a couple of weeks before the surgery. I wouldn't be able to leave the house, LOL! :)

On 1/22/2019 at 10:49 PM, Andromeda said:

I still didn't like her use of the word "obviously."

I also had a real problem her saying "obviously." For some women, it's not an "obvious" decision at all, and having this kind of societal pressure put on them makes it that much harder to make. Imagine having to make a life and death decision with the knowledge that there are people who will actually judge you for not sacrificing yourself.

• Love 4

I think there is something to be said for being against abortion.  After all, the state of New York now allows abortion up to the baby's day of birth.  Other states are soon to follow.  That is what sickens me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JenLily said:

I have extremely poor vision and my glasses are Coke-bottle-thick, even with the treatment to "thin" the lenses out. I only ever wear them in my house right before bed and maybe a little bit in the morning, but if I know I'm going to "be seen", in my contacts go. Part of what's kept me from considering Lasik is knowing that you have to forgo contact lenses for a couple of weeks before the surgery. I wouldn't be able to leave the house, LOL! :)

I am with you!  I only wear my glasses at night and in the morning too because when your vision is extremely poor, you can never see as well with glasses as you can with contacts... especially peripherally.  I too would love to get Lasik but for many years my doctor advised against it because my eyesight would get so progressively worse each year.  It's finally slowed down and leveled off (to a mere -8.50 in contacts) so I may finally be able to get my wish!  My optometrist warned against it saying I will probably eventually need reading glasses if I go through with it and that's so frustrating when you're trying to apply makeup.  Really lady??  My eyesight is so bad now that applying makeup is way too far for me to see.  I'll gladly take reading glasses a few years down the road over being effectively blind for the last 30 and the coming 30 years.

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 3
On 1/22/2019 at 12:47 PM, Lamb18 said:

Well, Colton, if you like them both, just keep both. Then trust your own judgment and don't let the other girls influence you so much.

14 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I kept thinking that either Caitlyn or Hannah themselves should have said this to Colton.  He was obviously torn, and if one of them had just said something encouraging like, “Trust your judgment” or “You’ll make the right decision” his relief probably would have made him feel a lot more positive to her.  And why all the dramatics anyway, it’s only week 3, keep anyone you want!

Hannah B basically gave Colton an ultimatum.  It was Hannah who brought up the feud and talking bad about Caelynn.  She said if he kept Caelynn, he wasn't the guy for her.  She basically told him it was either Caelynn or her. Colton approached Caelynn to get her side of the story, and Caelynn, knowing he had just come from talking to Hannah B, said HB was not always truthful.  Then she got teary and said there was something she wanted to tell him, but wasn't ready yet.

Something serious went down.  I'm not sure what.  But Caelynn gets teary, while Hannah B talks about her "rage tank" overflowing.  One's very shaken, and one's very angry.  I think it goes beyond having a spat with your roommate or being jealous that they did better than you in a beauty contest.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I agree Colton is inoffensively boring. I don't have any strong opinion about him, he's just "there" as The Bach. But for all the women squealing over him, that's so they get more screen time, THs and, best of all, online chatter on SM and an invitation to BIP. The louder and crazier they are, the longer they last on this franchise. And people can come back from long-past seasons for another 15 minutes. It's all good for them; maybe not so great for us viewers if we want to take this "process" seriously. *cough* (As if that's possible.)

Besides: FREE TRAVEL! Yeay!

I actually think he’s offensively boring.  And you know the eliminated are upset about not going to exotic locations.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Nowhere said:

it just pisses me off to see them get these women’s hopes up just to make a point, just because we noticed all white casts for years. At least they could pick a man that sincerely loves black women but I don’t think Colton is that guy. 

IMO, Colton's F1 is not necessarily the real winner. Cast-off Rachel got chosen as the b-ette, and other women/men of color are becoming regulars on BIP, thus extending their reality-show face time. Out of 25 contestants, 24 will not be chosen so I don't see why actually getting married has much to do with why people sign up for this franchise. People of races other than Caucasian apply to be on this show ... for whatever reason. Probably not to find "true love," I'm (not) sorry to say. I'd sign up just for the travel opportunities and free vacation, the heck with getting married!

5 hours ago, GracieK said:

I am with you!  I only wear my glasses at night and in the morning too because when your vision is extremely poor, you can never see as well with glasses as you can with contacts... especially peripherally.  I too would love to get Lasik but for many years my doctor advised against it because my eyesight would get so progressively worse each year.  It's finally slowed down and leveled off (to a mere -8.50 in contacts) so I may finally be able to get my wish!  My optometrist warned against it saying I will probably eventually need reading glasses if I go through with it and that's so frustrating when you're trying to apply makeup.  Really lady??  My eyesight is so bad now that applying makeup is way too far for me to see.  I'll gladly take reading glasses a few years down the road over being effectively blind for the last 30 and the coming 30 years.

I thought -6.50 was bad.  But if lasik would allow me to see and still need reading glasses, it would be a big win. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, deSchenke said:

Hannah B basically gave Colton an ultimatum.  It was Hannah who brought up the feud and talking bad about Caelynn.  She said if he kept Caelynn, he wasn't the guy for her.  She basically told him it was either Caelynn or her. Colton approached Caelynn to get her side of the story, and Caelynn, knowing he had just come from talking to Hannah B, said HB was not always truthful.  Then she got teary and said there was something she wanted to tell him, but wasn't ready yet.

Something serious went down.  I'm not sure what.  But Caelynn gets teary, while Hannah B talks about her "rage tank" overflowing.  One's very shaken, and one's very angry.  I think it goes beyond having a spat with your roommate or being jealous that they did better than you in a beauty contest.

And this is how we know the show is fake. Any sane man would have listened to Hannah give her ultimatum, thank her for her honesty, then walk her to the door. Nobody wants drama and an ultimatum after ONE date with someone. Especially not somebody who can look around and find 20 other women into him who AREN’T causing problems for him. It’s not even like they had a great date, so Hannah doesn’t really have leverage to demand Colton kick Caelyn off the show. But the producers want “drama” so this stuff has to go on until they decide to let Colton dump one or both of them. You’d think they’d come up with something new and interesting after a million seasons. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, GracieK said:

I had Lasix 20 years ago when it was still $2500 per eye and still relatively new.  Of course, I could never wear contact lenses because I had astigmatism (before they made contacts for that).  Never regretted a day of it.  I'm 51 now and I still don't need reading glasses.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dittohead said:

I think there is something to be said for being against abortion.  After all, the state of New York now allows abortion up to the baby's day of birth.  Other states are soon to follow.  That is what sickens me.

Incorrect. Under the new act, they can be performed after 24 weeks if the fetus is not viable or when necessary to protect the life of the mother, what we've been discussing here. Sounds very reasonable to me. Both situations are extremely rare, too. http://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/health/new-york-abortion-measures-trnd/index.html

• Love 7
On 1/22/2019 at 2:52 PM, alexa said:

That was the point I was making earlier, and why I didn't really feel bad for her being sent home.  I didn't think it was because he wanted her to have a sob story.  I felt he just wanted her to have some substance, which she didn't really have.  He tried to converse with her and she took it nowhere.  Not only did she not have a sob story--she appeared to have no life.  lol

I have to rewatch it because it was so hilarious how this woman didn't even seem to be answering a question he wasn't asking.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I have to rewatch it because it was so hilarious how this woman didn't even seem to be answering a question he wasn't asking.

I wish they’d cast older leads, just so they can cast older contestants. Most of these women don’t know who they are or what they want, let alone are ready for marriage. I dated a girl like Demi, once. She tried to act “sexy” and “sultry” all the time, but that got old super fast and I got frustrated when she couldn’t have a real conversation about anything. And it’s clear Demi is just doing stuff she thinks is sexy, probably based on some teen romcom she watched. The show needs more women on it like Becca and Elyse, who are mature enough to give the show some substance while the “drama” unfolds elsewhere. This season just seems like it’s all fluff and no substance. 

• Love 8

If not outright staged, this show certainly manipulates situations and scenarios for the most potential drama.  The gal who's never been kissed, egging Hannah on, telling her, oh, I bet she's talking trash about you, as Colton and the other beauty queen walk by.  Was she encouraged to do that?  Or is she trying pushing Hannah and playing on her insecurities because she knows it makes Hannah look bad?   

It doesn't matter too much to me.  I watch this show,  halfheartedly.  It's just harmless entertainment, and sometimes I am in the mood for it, and other times, it's far too stupid.  lol  

But I do sense that some of the women are a lot more sincere and real with him.  And then there are the ones like Demi, who are always putting on an act.  To me, she is just trying to stay in as long as she can, and not really interested in Colton as much as she is wanting to show that she is the most desirable.  

I also do not understand the squealing and screaming when he takes his shirt off.  Nothing wrong with him, but they are a little over the top. Which I"m sure is producer driven.  

Kissing all these women, one after the other is so gross to me.  

I am sick of the beauty queen drama.  The solution is simple.  Send the one who initiated it home.   I don't think he has that great of a connection with either of them, so that's another reason why I don't get his anguish over the situation.  But again -- I"m sure it's producer driven.  Keep them around, so we will tune in next week to see what happens.  I hope that is the end of it, and they both go next week.  

• Love 3

I think the Hannah vs. Caelynn debate is easy:  it's both of them.  Hannah started it, by going to Colton, but I'm sure they were both both extremely competitive during pageant times.

I kept wanting someone to liken it to Colton trying out for football.  These guys are unbelievably competitive, and many would stop at nothing to get a spot on a team.  To me, this isn't much different.

When you live your life for the next pageant, you live in a fishbowl where "pageant world" is all you know.  They are consumed by it, and many are pushed by their mothers or other family members.  I'd love to see the family dynamics at play.

Regardless (or irregardless, I never know which, lol), Hannah should have kept her mouth shut and let Colton decide who he likes best.  She wasn't trying to "protect" him from big bad Caelynn; she was trying to reduce his impression of Caelynn to make herself look better.  She lost.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I think the Hannah vs. Caelynn debate is easy:  it's both of them.  Hannah started it, by going to Colton, but I'm sure they were both both extremely competitive during pageant times.

I kept wanting someone to liken it to Colton trying out for football.  These guys are unbelievably competitive, and many would stop at nothing to get a spot on a team.  To me, this isn't much different.

When you live your life for the next pageant, you live in a fishbowl where "pageant world" is all you know.  They are consumed by it, and many are pushed by their mothers or other family members.  I'd love to see the family dynamics at play.

Regardless (or irregardless, I never know which, lol), Hannah should have kept her mouth shut and let Colton decide who he likes best.  She wasn't trying to "protect" him from big bad Caelynn; she was trying to reduce his impression of Caelynn to make herself look better.  She lost.

My guess as to the “falling out” based on each girl’s vague stories and their overall demeanor. Hannah and Caelyn were roommates for the pageant and, as young people are want to do, immediately glommed into each other as “best friends” because they didn’t know anybody else, were anxious about the competition, and were too insecure to be comfortable on their own. As the pageant drew out, Hannah couldn’t take the pressure and began to unravel. Caelyn handled the pressure by withdrawing from other people and becoming really quiet. Caelyn went on to place, while Hannah didn’t. In the aftermath, Hannah probably worked it up in her mind that Caelyn (her “best friend”) was a bad friend, that she should have helped her get through her meltdown, and maybe she even thinks she should have won and that Caelyn deliberately pulled away from her as a Machiavellian plot to destroy her. And the two young girls being two young girls, I’m sure they stopped taking to each other rather than clear the air, so now each just has her version of the “truth” which gets built up more and more. In reality, no pun intended, Hannah would be better off just letting this go and moving on. 

I can’t imagine what it’s like as a young girl going through pageants, being judged on your looks, but never REALLY knowing why you lose. Each girl is so unique and different, you can’t just say “I guess if I was blonde I would have one.” Plus you have friends and family telling you all sorts of garbage to make you feel better/worse. I can see how Hannah created this story in her head of what happened, even if Caelyn’s motives were pure. 

And it’s regardless or irrespective. Irregardless is a mashup of the two and has no meaning 😉

• Love 5