Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E03: Week 3

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Hannah: I’m not manipulative, Caelynn is manipulative. Hannah didn’t deny being toxic, though.

We’re behind the scenes, people! They hide Harrison in a metal frame shrouded in many tapestries.

• Love 4

Well, though Caelyn seems more believable he shouldn’t trust either of them. I think there are 2 sides to the story and that goes for both of them. As for the girl sent home, to be fair to Colton she wasn’t bringing anything. There was nothing there. Yes he could have waited a day but I don’t think it matters much in the end. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Hannah: I’m not manipulative, Caelynn is manipulative. Hannah didn’t deny being toxic, though.

We’re behind the scenes, people! They hide Harrison in a metal frame shrouded in many tapestries.

He’s earned that.  Hopefully, there are rare and exotic woods as well. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, alexa said:

Yes he could have waited a day but I don’t think it matters much in the end. 

Sending someone home early via waiting limo is drah-matic and puts the other contestants into a spin, creating more drah-mah. So there's that reason to not wait.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Lemons said:

We don’t know the story but I didn’t like how she said “obviously she put the baby’s life first”.  No, not obvious.  She had a child already who needed her.  I feel like she used that story to impress apparently religious guy and it sickened me.  

Or, maybe Elyse's family is religious themselves... or there is a lot to it we didn't hear and that is how they as a family feel about it.  

• Love 11

Hannah gives me Kelsey Poe vibes . 

As if Colton really cares about Hannah and Caelynns drama and “ deceitful “ nature when there are 20 something half naked women walking around having fun at a pool party where he’s the only guy . 

Cassie isn’t shown much but I think she’s the prettiest and has the best personality out of the bunch . 

Not sure why people can’t be happy with their lives and need a sob story in order to make it in bachelor world . Wouldn’t you be attracted to the drama free ones ? 

All I could think when watching each season is what a horror it must be to shop and pack for the show . 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, GracieK said:

Or, maybe Elyse's family is religious themselves... or there is a lot to it we didn't hear and that is how they as a family feel about it.  

She still used the story to get a rose.  Just gross.  

They are all trying to sell themselves, to stand out.  Talking about their strong grandma or their love of family, children, whatever it takes to not be rejected on TV.  They are playing to what they think he will appreciate.  

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 8

He probably sent her home because there are too many Catelyns/cayelyns/Cassidy’s etc. just get rid of one...makes it less confusing. Mostly for the viewers at home....byeeee whatever variation of c—--lyn you were! 

• Love 15

I think the worst part about the whole pageant feud is that from where I'm sitting, it looks like NOTHING happened whatsoever. Colton keeps searching for a moment in time where the two ripped the other's extensions out, but all either girl has to say is that the other is somehow manipulative.  There was no actual fight that went down; or if there was, it'd be nice for someone to mention it. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I believe the producers told Colton to keep Hannah B., in order to keep the battle of the pageant girls going.  That is this season's big storyline.

The fact that neither of them can verbalize an incident, provide examples, or clearly indicate what their problem with the other is, just makes them both seem like drama pageant queens.  The whole conversation that Hannah was having with gums mcgee seemed so manufactured.  

• Love 15
Just now, PerfectPrincess said:

I think the worst part about the whole pageant feud is that from where I'm sitting, it looks like NOTHING happened whatsoever. Colton keeps searching for a moment in time where the two ripped the other's extensions out, but all either girl has to say is that the other is somehow manipulative.  There was no actual fight that went down; or if there was, it'd be nice for someone to mention it. 

YES.. so agree!  That's exactly the point i was just trying to make as well.  It's just petty girl drama.  Every guy's fantasy.  

• Love 4

I think Hannah Pageant reminds me of someone, I assume Elisabeth Hasselback in her Survivor days?  The prominent eyebrows?

elisabeth-filarski-pictures-01.jpg

Awwwwwww. Fake Australian Bre was eliminated!  (Not sure about the names.)  I thought she was really cute.

Courtney is really cute, telegenic.  

24 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Cassie isn’t shown much but I think she’s the prettiest and has the best personality out of the bunch . 

She has a great look/smile.  She's staying out of the drama.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

I get why they thought the pageant girl drama would be catty and entertaining, especially with low key dude Colton on center stage, but...it’s not. It’s just a bunch of boring trash talk that isn’t amounting to anything, and it means we aren’t getting to know the other girls as well. Move on!!

• Love 10

I'm surprised Bri got cut so soon. Maybe her accent and generous genetics will be enough to land her on Paradise. She is arguably one of the prettiest women to be eliminated this early in the game.

One exciting thing about this season is that half of the remaining contestants are women of color! I don't think that's ever happened before.

Edited by Bossley
  • Love 4

image.png.4b6223f81c8e2f8ecfcb851c8360a3ea.png

57 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think Hannah Pageant reminds me of someone, I assume Elisabeth Hasselback in her Survivor days?  The prominent eyebrows?

elisabeth-filarski-pictures-01.jpg

Awwwwwww. Fake Australian Bre was eliminated!  (Not sure about the names.)  I thought she was really cute.

Courtney is really cute, telegenic.  

She has a great look/smile.  She's staying out of the drama.

https://goo.gl/images/KBVDpM

This is who I think she looks like, the actress Collette Wolfe (she was in Observe and Report, Cougar Town, bunch of stuff)--Well shit, looks like the pic cut off and I'm too tech dumb to fix, but if you google her I think you'll see it

image.png

Edited by Mambo Queen
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Bossley said:

One exciting thing about this season is that half of the remaining contestants are women of color! I don't think that's ever happened before.

I believe Colton has an inkling who he wants to get to know better.  Which is why he is torn over the pageant girls and was so quick to kick Caitlin to the curb..  The others are just fillers. 

• Love 1

For Caelynn I see something of Britt, (not sure why), and then some Jessa Duggar around the chin.

Of course we don't know what is real vs. Reality TV real, but so far Colton seems to be sensitive and patient in dealing with the women. 

The ending  with the kids asking "can I steal Colton for a sec" was cute.

• Love 8

I have no idea which beauty queen to believe. They both seem mean-girlish at times.

There's been a lack of crying limo rides/talking heads at the end of episodes this season. 

The extra clip at the end was cute. Especially the little girl who waved her hand around and sarcastically said, "Fine!"  when she was "interrupted."

• Love 3

Ok, he said it - the thing nearly every Bachelor and Bachelorette says.  He talked about "Caelynn and I's relationship."  

Hannah B is weird, she talks to Colton about Caelynn, and she's GRINNING.  What is her point?  She didn't have anything to say, unless it was edited out.  Yeah, I'm "Befumbled" by her. 

• Love 10

I’m still befumbled by the girls names this season and even more befumbled my autocorrect let me type that when it changes every other common word that makes sense.

Is it terrible that during the rose ceremony I make a mental comment on what role each girl is playing?  For instance:

Easy elimination later, 2 pageant girl drama, Fivehead Botox versus Demi, friendzone black girl, reciprocal casted virgin etc  No one escapes their role.

Colton is oddly not bugging me this season yet.  I do feel dumber each episode though.  Maybe it’s seeing so much of Colton’s probing tongue already.

• Love 21

Annd there's our first Bachelor Handshake!! Who won the pool on who would be first??

I think both pageant girls are devious and manipulative so that's just feeding the spiral. I'm currently siding with Hannah B. for no particular reason. I think they are both wired a bit too tight. But the "telling on" another 'ette to the Bachelor never ends well. You should realize you are jeopardizing your place in the competition if find that you spend all your time talking about another girl/covering your own ass.

Caitlin (the girl sent home, right?) was truly too "guarded" for this show. Her answer to "tell me something about yourself was "There's really nothing about that I'd like to open up about" (approx). Well that stops that convo in it's tracks! That is never going to get you far on a show where you have 10 minutes to spill your guts and make yourself memorable to the guy that's dating 29 other women who are happy to tell their life's story in their allotted time frame (like the redhead who spilled her guts tonight). Make some kind of conversational effort or go home! I mean this was worse than the "can't think of a toast" girl.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 16

Kate?  did she just show up for today's rose ceremony?  I swear I never saw her before. 

Colton was a fool to get so upset over two women who are each telling him that the other is hostile, mean, manipulative, etc.   Then he tries to straighten it out.  "she says you're hostile."  "I'm not hostile."  "I'm so confused."   Colton, they don't like each other, they're replaying the beauty pageant fight they had, and they are more interested in "winning"  that fight than they are in you.  Cut them both, make them leave in the limo together.  

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Lemons said:

We don't know the story but I didn't like how she said obviously she put the baby's life first. No, not obvious. Her sister had a child already who needed her. I feel like she used that story to impress this apparently religious guy and it sickened me. 

Me, too. It used to be that there was no question the mother's life always came first. Always. Then I began hearing anti-choicers railing against abortion even to spare the life of the mother. Shocking. A mother who needed an abortion in Ireland was denied one by a Catholic hospital, and now her kids have no mother. And Ireland made abortion legal partly to prevent that outrage.

I tried to get excited about the fighting pageant princesses, I think I'm on the side of the first runner up. But I don't really like either one. Who says they have a beautiful monster inside of them? It's that a normal expression? That was the pageant chick who stayed, and roared. Weirdo. Colton should have cut them both. The stories always need examples, but I think they're cut out because they involve other people who haven't signed releases. 

I'm glad he had a chance to talk to Hannah G. She's a cutie. And I can pick her out, unlike so many of the blonde. 

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Cut them both, make them leave in the limo together.  

Or cut them both on a two-on-one so they have to sit on the cliff/in the desert/on the beach together, leave in the helicopter together, and then ride in the limo together :)

• Love 20

Yes!  Cut them both!  What are two girls who, at least by some weird standard, have been judged the most beautiful woman in her state, even doing here?  Most ex-beauty queens marry one of the local big-wig and spend the rest of their lives queening it over the community.  Neither bimbo can come up with a single practical example of manipulation or deceit, they may not know exactly what the words mean.  I don't find either one pretty, their eyes are too small.  I noticed when I was a little girl that most pageant girls were all teeth and wobbly legs in heels.  I did a great imitation for my friends with my mother's shoes and  those wax candy teeth.

8 hours ago, Lemons said:

We don’t know the story but I didn’t like how she said “obviously she put the baby’s life first”.  No, not obvious.  Her sister had a child already who needed her.  I feel like she used that story to impress this apparently religious guy and it sickened me.  

I've never understood how this came to be considered the, across the board,  "religious" view point anyway.  I'm religious, and I go with the Bible's clear implication that life begins when the baby "leaps in the womb," usually at about the fourth month and perfectly in keeping with the doctors and their time line for safe abortions, or even when the first breath is taken away from the mother, as was believed for thousands of years.  As for mother's life vs fetus, I would always go with mother.  Not all religious people are Irish Catholics. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Or cut them both on a two-on-one so they have to sit on the cliff/in the desert/on the beach together, leave in the helicopter together, and then ride in the limo together :)

You called it, ByTor. Hannah and Caelynn will be kept around for a 2:1. That’s for sure what was unseen in the producers’ makeshift room of tapestries—convincing Colton the show needs him to hang in there a bit longer on those 2. Backup “couple” is Demi and Tracie, but a long-standing, undefined, and petty feud would win out. Then leave them both to fight it out in a deserted canyon for all eternity.

• Love 5