Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Shame Cocoon

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Tyler asks Rhylee out on a date; Ashton and Laura's relationship grows stronger; the crew welcomes the final charter guests who prove to be tough clients; while drama unfolds between the charter guests, a spoiled primary guest tests Kate's limits.

Airs January 22, 2019.

• Love 1

Adrian needs to stop his inappropriate behavior. That meat comment was his most disrespectful this season. Rhylee got too attached too quickly, that's proof that sleep in with your coworker is a horrible idea. Laura and Kate getting along is music to my ears. I still think that Kate and Josiah need to leave their gossip girl behavior in high school.Love the Ross and Ashton bromance, hope we see them again next season.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think Adrian didn’t really understand that the “meat” comment to Lauren was inappropriate. I would feel uncomfortable in a small kitchen working with him and all of his sexual innuendos. 

Adrian needs a good slap.  These are the worst guy.  The quiet nerdy  romantic and their perverted ways.  

I guess Rhylee didn’t get the ‘summer camp’ memo!  Lol!

Those 2 deck guys banging the female crew....I cannot tell them apart.  

• Love 12

Tyler aka 'Throttle' is a huge douche. It made no sense to make a big deal of taking Rhylee on a date, his idea because their 'parts fit really well together' to tell her over and again in so many different ways, that he's not that into her. And then to act clueless? That was either fuckery or production insisting they go on a date. 

I don't understand why we are seeing Ross on the phone to his kid and Babymomma with yet another explanation from Ross about the background. I got it the first time and it wasn't compelling then. 

There's something really not right with Adrian. The passive aggressive seaslugs next episode is very weird. Unless it's aimed at the dreadful primary. Maybe her husband refused to take her and these poor rent a friends she's brought along are feeling her wrath. WHAT a jerk. I thought it was going to be Chelsea that wouldn't move from the aft deck. She doesn't look like she's going to tip well. 

It didn't put the lotion on its feet and now IT GETS THE HOSE!!! Living for this. 

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

actually Team Rhylee in regards to this thing with Tyler. The way they were talking, it kind of sounded like they were BOTH feeling each other out.

He made out with another woman and than came home and fucked her, it seemed pretty clear that he was looking for an easy hookup. Like I said last week that is cool if that’s what you both want but Rhylee clearlybwaa pretending to be cool with it and hoping for more and that’s never going to work.

• Love 20

Adrian is reminding me of early seasons Walowitz on Big Bang Theory.  He always said inappropriate things to Penny.  Adrian is lucky he hasn't had the shit slapped out of him.  

I wonder if Laura talked to Caroline before coming on ship. That might be why she had such a stank attitude at first.

I want Josiah to be my new work friend.

• Love 7

This episode is so fake!  Yea! Let’s make women seem crazy.

Why not the guys that just got off the boat loaded on Unicorn Martinis!  Hahahahahahahah! 

Is it me or do the water toys look dinky for that yacht?

I have better pool toys here at home.

• Love 3

Hope they bring back everyone but Rylee, Tyler and Adrian. Everyone else seem to work well together. Bring back one of the previous lady deck hands as they were good workers and nice. ANd I like Ben as chef. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Laura did need to say something to Adrian a while ago.  If comments make you uncomfortable then say something.  Adrian has turned out to be quite creepy.

Breezy - I almost always agree with you, but not on this.  Adrian’s comments full of sexual innuendo were gross and stupid and inappropriate.  He’s a grown man in the 21st century.  It’s not Laura’s responsibility to teach him how to behave around women.

Earlier in the season, he made a comment to Kate....something along the lines of liking her breasts.  I sent him a tweet asking him if he was serious with that shit in this #MeToo era.  He responded by “liking” my tweet.  I have no idea what that meant.

• Love 19

I agree @biakbiak. Laura caught Adrian's creepiness early on. Why not talk to Adrian then OR Kate OR Cpt Lee instead of just everyone watching international tv. This whole yacht thing doesn't seem to have worked out for Chef Unicorn. He seemed really excited at the beginning (or should I say 'open. To new experiences ') and now he's calling his mother and telling us he's more open to the experience of private chefing in New York than this whole yachting caper. 

If he was smart, he'd stick out another season. He IS a phenomenal chef. The exposure he's getting on BD is probably priceless to others in his position. Especially if they are hoping to open their own restaurants. Wouldn't y'all expect that Adrian would be looking at a STACK of offers now that the season is closing? We've all agreed he's the best chef to appear on both BD franchises. I hope he does do well. And on the way to doing well becomes a more respectful if not less creepy person. 

• Love 11

It's like Laura got a personality transplant, I found her very likable this episode. It's great to see her get along with Kate. Maybe having it out was the best thing that could've happened. They dealt with it, Capt. Lee took the right course of action talking to Laura and everyone started again back at neutral. If Laura stays like this I wouldn't mind seeing her come back. I think a lot of what made her so awful in the beginning stemmed from overcompensation due to insecurity and the awkwardness of being on camera. It was clear she was putting on an act and Kate saw through it right away. 

Oh man, I can't stand Rhylee and even I felt bad for her this episode. She fell for Tyler hard. Not wanting something more with her is fair, he can't force deeper feeling but he handled it like a dope. It was going to hurt like a bitch for Rhylee no matter what but to come at it from the angle of, I think you know right away when you meet the love of your life.....and obvi that hasn't happened, was pretty brutal. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ihartcoffee said:
  Hide contents

So Cameron is going to bird box her way outta this....

So funny!

53 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think Adrian didn’t really understand that the “meat” comment to Lauren was inappropriate. I would feel uncomfortable in a small kitchen working with him and all of his sexual innuendos. 

I forgot they shared a cabin.  This makes it really creepy.  Having been in the same situation myself, it is really hard to even convince yourself that this person you liked is now crossing boundaries.   Tonight with her crouched by the fridge and him standing over her like that had her cornered.  I have not liked her all season but she does not talk bawdy in any way.

1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

There won’t be any water hose.   The girl will get up and go inside. Sorry for spoiling the ending!  🤷🏼‍♀️

YOU SHUT UP!

Oh Rhylee played the badass and then got played.  But he said he loved her......................................and then he got all pissy.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

I wonder if Laura talked to Caroline before coming on ship. That might be why she had such a stank attitude at first.

I don’t think she spoke to Caroline, but she spoke to *someone*, because the way she’s currently acting is too much of a complete 180, imo. It now feels like she was following a “Take down Kate” script and when it ran its course(or production told her to back off after Kate went to the Captain), she can now act like the normal person she is. Which is nice and so refreshing to see the interior all get along and wish it had been that way from the start. 

• Love 18

More on the primary.  Is she really with Ross?  That doesn’t seem right.

Too bad the season is ending because they crews are all getting along and killing it. 

Couldn’t help but feel badly for Rhylee regarding Tyler, even after her shitty attitude all season. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

@Dance4Life - I respectfully disagree!  Most people, because I include males too, don't get squat.  For every one person who got a payout there are thousands more who were swept under the rug.  I was one of those people where even my father thought I should be complimented that his old friend jumped on me in a basement at my job where he was NOT supposed to be.  Scared the shit out of me and destroyed my job and my relationship with my father to the point that he cut me out of the will.  I know hundreds of me.

I am really sorry this happened to you and your own father didn’t support you. This is really horrible and hope you are in a positive space now. 

I said, this has happened to all women.....so, more than 100’s.  It is a real problem, indeed.

I said we all side with Laura.

I also said, Laura went on a screaming rant with  Kate because she didn’t like the way she was being treated.  To the point, Captain Lee was notified and made the 2 girls get along......or, get off the boat.   Now Kate and Laura have a normal working relationship.

I just want Laura to do the same thing about Adrian.  Laura knows Captain Lee will have her back.

I just want Laura to stop telling us in the talking heads.  Tell Captain Lee and he will have Adrian treat you right.

Laura is no victim.  This is not MeToo. 

Laura has not notify Adrian, Kate or Captain Lee she is feeling uncomfortable. 

She sleeps in the same bunk with Adrian! Plenty of private time to tell Adrian how she feels. 

There are so many blurred lines on that boat. But,  Captain Lee doesn’t play!  

Is Laura the one that had sex in front of the cameras and the others watched on the security monitor??

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I just want Laura to do the same thing about Adrian.

Well I just got back from twitter and apparently Laura and Adrian are tight and maybe even knew each other before...........[keeps saying to myself, "just a tv show..."]

@Dance4Life Hug it out??????

Captain Lee is just as strict on Twitter and telling people off.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Is Laura the one that had sex in front of the cameras and the others watched on the security monitor??

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but I believe that was a charter guest and his finacee.  I think Charles Michael Yim was his name?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

So, the Primary wants world wide Bravo fame???  😂 

If you go to her IG she has a photo up of her with that dumb blond from BD Med,so, yanno, it begs the question, just how mofo fakeass fake IS this show now? Are the ‘guests’ not even real? 

42 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but I believe that was a charter guest and his finacee.  I think Charles Michael Yim was his name?

YES! that was CHARLES MICHAEL YIM has sex and leaves his dirty condoms laying around for the crew to clean up. Disgusting pig! 

**This was was a public service announcement to not be a pig, like Charles Michael Yim, because it’s not a good look**

• Love 9

@jumper sage Thank you for sharing your story. So many of us have fucked up stories. I've got my own fucked up stories, though thankfully my family believed me.

The thing that is so insidious about this type of persistent harassment is that it's so common that you don't even think to share or object to the more mundane shit. You're like "yawn it's Tuesday." People should never build a tolerance to that kind of thing. Laura hasn't. Adrien's comments aren't ok and luckily Laura was friendly enough with Rhylee that she could confide in Rhylee about how uncomfortable he was making her. It makes me uncomfortable for her. I'm adding him to the list with Bryan, Bobby, and Joao.

That primary is an awful awful person. The crew was dead on correct about how she only has friends because she pays for everything. If she decided to stop being so "generous," went broke, or needed a kidney, she would never hear from any of her friends ever again.

Had Tyler or Rhylee ever bothered to have a real conversation before their date, Tyler would have realized that he could have used Rhylee's failed engagement as support for why long distance doesn't work. She was in Alaska. He was in Florida. The show films for 6 weeks. Tyler has known Rhylee for 2 or 3 weeks. It's a bit ridiculous to think that they would be thinking of anything long term after such a short time. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, queenjen said:

I agree @biakbiak. Laura caught Adrian's creepiness early on. Why not talk to Adrian then OR Kate OR Cpt Lee instead of just everyone watching international tv. This whole yacht thing doesn't seem to have worked out for Chef Unicorn. He seemed really excited at the beginning (or should I say 'open. To new experiences ') and now he's calling his mother and telling us he's more open to the experience of private chefing in New York than this whole yachting caper. 

If he was smart, he'd stick out another season. He IS a phenomenal chef. The exposure he's getting on BD is probably priceless to others in his position. Especially if they are hoping to open their own restaurants. Wouldn't y'all expect that Adrian would be looking at a STACK of offers now that the season is closing? We've all agreed he's the best chef to appear on both BD franchises. I hope he does do well. And on the way to doing well becomes a more respectful if not less creepy person. 

Mr Creepy does indeed serve up wonderful food, but he is only catering for a handful of guests at a time. Mr Rainbow wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure of a restaurant kitchen (according to my extensive cooking knowledge based on countless main courses of Top Chef (US) and Masterchef the Professinals (UK) with a garnish of Gordon Ramsey!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Oh Rhylee played the badass and then got played.  But he said he loved her......................................and then he got all pissy.

I liked Tyler before, but this turn of events really got to me, maybe because I’ve been through it (in a certain sense). Guy acts into you then FREAKS OUT because you’ve crossed the line (that you didn’t know you crossed) and becomes a douche so that you’re the one to get upset and back off. Then acts like it’s weird that you backed off. Look, I know Rhylee has been a bear this season, and I *personally* think she moved far too quickly on the physical side (as did he), but I was seriously pissed on her behalf. If Tyler’s going to be Mr Hookup on these boats, he’s going to have to learn how to be more straightforward about what he’s expecting. 

On another note, I did like hearing that Josiah was less bothered by the all-guy charter than he originally thought he’d be. 

4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I don’t know why but that cracked my shit right up.

I love that Laura’s name was “Sorey” in that dramatic re-enactment of the scene ;) That was one of my favorites too.

I DID NOT find Unicorn’s “meat joke” funny but I DID love Laura’s “char-coo-terry” board. (Is that how some people pronounce it? I usually hear “shar-coo-ter-ee.”) Also loved the horrible guest’s “fwa-gwa” story ;)

Ohhhh, these last charter guests. I haven’t laughed this season like I laughed at that fight. The crew’s glee over it was fun :) I admit I wasn’t that excited to watch tonight, but this was one of the season’s better eps.

• Love 20

What a difference a couple of episodes makes...I was right there with Laura this whole episode.

I was impressed by her hauling ass taking care of the guests on the last morning of their charter. ( It was really funny when they had be prompted by Kate to GET OFF THE BOAT!)

I loved watching the absolute delight she and the rest of the interior had while eavesdropping on the meltdown the new guests had on their first night.

And I literally (really) couldn't stop cringing when she had her interactions with Adrian. Particularly after he said his meat comment when she had her back to him, then repeated it and encouraged her to turn around.

Edited by elsie
  • Love 6

Josiah - I can see those two driving across America in an old truck. Using a bucket for a toilet and showering with a different bucket. Brilliant! Josiah.

Not surprised by Ross, he's also friends with the biggest douche ever on Below Deck. Can't stand his accent either.

I guess Chandler isn't going to face the music at the reunion.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, queenjen said:

If he was smart, he'd stick out another season. He IS a phenomenal chef. The exposure he's getting on BD is probably priceless to others in his position. Especially if they are hoping to open their own restaurants.

I would not hire him as a chef in one of my restaurants. He is a lawsuit waiting to happen.  Adrian is not only a creep but a prima donna.  If you are a great chef, which he is, you can probably get away with one of those characteristics, but not both. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, laprin said:

I would not hire him as a chef in one of my restaurants. He is a lawsuit waiting to happen.  Adrian is not only a creep but a prima donna.  If you are a great chef, which he is, you can probably get away with one of those characteristics, but not both. 

Agree, but he does make for an interesting character for this show, his accent, his island vibe, emaciated Vegan, Zen yoga thing- he is like a boutique hotel- perfect in a small setting and on a chartered yacht. The wealthy pay for that pastiche, good food isn't enough it's the exclusivity and the added character they eat it up. Would they rather that nice Canadian chef whose name I don't remember or this cat on their yacht- if the cooking skills were equal they would pick Adrien every time for the backstory.  HOWEVER.....  His creeper horn dog, unwelcome sexual innuendo has no place anywhere there. Part of his problem, I think is he is immature and didn't grow up with a lot of boundaries. What he says to Laura is not OK and should be stepped on by Cap. 

• Love 7

I have always thought Adrian was super creepy. His voice has always given me the perv vibe. I think he is working in NYC now. He was in the audience on Andy Cohen's show a while back and that is what he said.

• Love 5