Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Girls' Night In

• Start Topic

I can totally understand why Billie was so hurt*, but she should not have lashed out with social media.  

In fact, I would be so happy if Facebook, Twitter and Instagram all imploded.

And Billie lost me with “put down the food.” But LVP’s reaction was hilarious.

Ha! I really hope “Girls Night In” was the success it seemed to be. I just have a lot of trouble believing that James Kennedy’s choice of songs and his ability to make sure there are no lulls in music is this HUGE draw. 

I think a Jezebel writer noted that when she attended a Tuesday, there was no significant difference between the music the restaurant was playing from 8-10 pm and the music James DJed.

eta: I think when she (mistakenly) believed that they had excluded her, it triggered her childhood/adolescent feelings of rejection. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 10

Jax is so annoying. Does he have to jump in and defend Brittney all the time?  This night in shining armour routine of his is getting old. She has a mind of her own, let her be. I loved Lisa putting both Jax and Brit in their place. Lisa will never, ever like Jax or Kristin and I love it. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Jel said:

They were fresh off a fight, so Billie would be the last person Katie would ask for that reason. Billie is new to "girl" culture -- being excluded from things after a disagreement is practically de rigeur. At least it was in my world. Do not miss that.

SO true!  I mean - that is Girl 101.  Don't fight with someone who can leave you out.  They will do it.  AND you can't whine your way back.  That makes it worse.  She really needs to watch Mean Girls to get caught up on navigating girl bitchiness.

• Love 8

I have worked in an mostly male environment, men can be just as catty/bitchy as women.  I have seen the pettiness and cliques with my own eyes.  It's not a girl thing, it's a people thing.

Britney's behavior was really off this episode, she did not seem like herself to me at all.  She seemed so agitated and nervous.

• Love 21
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

Kristen has some serious issues when it comes to James. Her leaping around the studio (after hearing that Girl's Tuesday was a hit) yelling about James being permanently gone is beyond sociopathic. Right now I am listening to Billie whining about not being invited etc. and I want her gone. I am over it. What does Cis-privilege mean?

It means if you don’t buy into gender dysphoria you’re out of touch.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Britney's behavior was really off this episode, she did not seem like herself to me at all.  She seemed so agitated and nervous.

In the "pumped" episode, the producers said that she gets anxious anytime she thinks she's not coming off like a "total sweetheart."  
She was probably driving herself crazy second-guessing her behavior, even though her annoyance was valid.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I have worked in an mostly male environment, men can be just as catty/bitchy as women.  I have seen the pettiness and cliques with my own eyes.  It's not a girl thing, it's a people thing.

Sniiiiiif. That would explain the weight loss.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Wicked said:

I work with all men, too.  Men can absolutely be bitchy and catty.  Mean too!  But with girls - especially in high school - it is a whole other animal.  A group of girls can take someone down without saying anything that would even seem bitchy... It is hard to explain.  It is a way to use the girl's self esteem and standing in the group against her.  It is using the feeling of being left out by your friends to make you fall in line.  I have been the giver and the receiver of the evil manipulations.  It is something I learned from a bitchy friend.  Not proud of it!  I can only say I am so very happy to only have boys.  Sure they may feel left out here and there, and fight with friends, but not in the same way - girls can be CRUEL!

2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I LOVE how they always show Jax wiping his nose, over and over.  If they flash over to him for a reaction shot, he is wiping his nose.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, queenjen said:

Oh Scheana. Why does it not surprise me that you've been faking orgasms for the last decade? The way she told Lala this, that sex felt. .good..but she only had her first orgasm last year still left her looking like she could be talked out of it (like most of Scheana's interactions actually ). It wouldn't surprise me at all if Scheana hadn't experienced an orgasm at all. These girls are really sexless. They dress, talk and act the part but seem very removed from sensuality. I'm glad the topic comes up via Arianna next week. I mean, I get it, I cannot imagine Schwartz having much of a clue, Jax would go at whatever like a jackhammer and with visions of his own face in mind and Sandoval is probably out of luck and out of his depth with Arianna. Tho I'd bet Sandoval would commit to getting educated. These girls are all about 'girl power ' and 'pussy power ' - I'd like to see them sitting in a circle with mirrors, getting acquainted with their own anatomy and needs. We kind of leap from this generation to the Housewives and somewhere during this transition girls become women who talk about sex with their partners like old hands. It would truly be a boon for the 'pussy power' kids if these  girls could find a way to open up about getting acquainted with intimacy and learning to be a lover. Someone upthread said Hollywood is one of the most conformist places to live (with respect to Stassi's OOTD where you are supposed to show your individuality ). Scheana is the poster child for conformity in this group and the terror of being different outside of certain sanctioned limits. Faking orgasms in acting class and buying penis themed paraphernalia for bachelorette parties is the limit for sexual conformity. Faking orgasms for a decade is the price you pay to live in this world. It's just sad. 

I can only add WORD to this entire post. TY.

• Love 2

Is Billie main credits or just kind of a "friend of"?  Because it seems like maybe Katie only tagged main credits people on her IG post.  And also, how much of an asshole do you have to be to cause a bunch of drama over not being tagged in an IG post?  I feel dumber for even thinking about it.

• Love 18

It is hard to explain.  It is a way to use the girl's self esteem and standing in the group against her.  It is using the feeling of being left out by your friends to make you fall in line.

Relational aggression. 

ETA: Haha, @heatherchandler, your user name is perfect for this topic!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Am over Kristen's obsession with "taking James down." Makes her look crazy.

I know where this comes from. At some point, James admitted or heavily implied that he only dated Kristen to get on the show. That is a profoundly nasty and calculating thing to do. I can see why he continues to set Kristen's teeth on edge. Furthermore when James' family first started showing up on the show to talk about his parents' divorce, Kristen, at the reunion, actually tried to defend James' reaction to explain how his family's messed up dynamic weighed heavily on him. James' response? He told Kristen to shut up.

I think Kristen was deeply hurt not only by his manipulations, but his failure to accept her sympathetic hand with any bit of graciousness.

• Love 24
13 hours ago, queenjen said:

Oh Scheana. Why does it not surprise me that you've been faking orgasms for the last decade? The way she told Lala this, that sex felt. .good..but she only had her first orgasm last year still left her looking like she could be talked out of it (like most of Scheana's interactions actually ). It wouldn't surprise me at all if Scheana hadn't experienced an orgasm at all. These girls are really sexless. They dress, talk and act the part but seem very removed from sensuality. I'm glad the topic comes up via Arianna next week. I mean, I get it, I cannot imagine Schwartz having much of a clue, Jax would go at whatever like a jackhammer and with visions of his own face in mind and Sandoval is probably out of luck and out of his depth with Arianna. Tho I'd bet Sandoval would commit to getting educated. These girls are all about 'girl power ' and 'pussy power ' - I'd like to see them sitting in a circle with mirrors, getting acquainted with their own anatomy and needs. We kind of leap from this generation to the Housewives and somewhere during this transition girls become women who talk about sex with their partners like old hands. It would truly be a boon for the 'pussy power' kids if these  girls could find a way to open up about getting acquainted with intimacy and learning to be a lover. Someone upthread said Hollywood is one of the most conformist places to live (with respect to Stassi's OOTD where you are supposed to show your individuality ). Scheana is the poster child for conformity in this group and the terror of being different outside of certain sanctioned limits. Faking orgasms in acting class and buying penis themed paraphernalia for bachelorette parties is the limit for sexual conformity. Faking orgasms for a decade is the price you pay to live in this world. It's just sad. 

Rob gave her her first orgasm...in under 7 minutes.

There was nothing sadder than James, Raquel, and Sandoval moping around in bathrobes having their own pajama “party.”

As to James’s Tuesday-night draw, how do we know 90% of those people didn’t show up for SYNT, per usual. It’s not like they saw the show and knew James was fired. What percentage of those people saw Lala’s boob flyer and shows up for that? Who knows?! You need to wait and see whether attendance drops in time with DJ Manny or whatever this wedding DJ guy’s name is.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I LOVE how they always show Jax wiping his nose, over and over.  If they flah over to him for a reaction shot, he is wiping his nose.  

Right?  Jax was so coked up at Stassi's Outfit party (I refuse to type the stupid initials).  Like, he may as well have been doing lines off the bar, it was so obvious.

With these promotions that the staff take upon themselves--Brunch with Billie, Girls Night In--are said promoters getting a piece of the bar? If not, that's fucking crazy.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

If it was such a girl-power event, they maybe should have hired a female DJ. Chicks are probably underrepresented in that vocation. 

Great point. I’d think you could find a decent female DJ in LA super easily.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Ariana, you and Tom should hire a surrogate…or wait a few years and go the artificial womb route.

IMO, neither Ariana nor Tom should procreate--separately or together. I'd be OK with Tom and Tom adopting a baby, though.

13 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

I think she looks crazy because she IS crazy. Her obsessions with her ex-boyfriends reach bunny-boiler levels.

Brittany is on the "brim" (I think she meant brink) over even the most mild criticism of her and Jax because in her heart of hearts she knows that Jax is the worst and that marrying him is a disaster. She doesn't want anyone to even hint at that because it will shatter all her illusions. Denial:  it ain't just a river in Egypt.

That said, Katie is absolutely green with envy that she is no longer the fiance/bride and center of attention for the engagement/wedding of the season for this particular reality TV show. That's why she's made multiple comments about Brittany and Jax, not because she happens to be right or she really cares about Brittany.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

17 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Right?  Jax was so coked up at Stassi's Outfit party (I refuse to type the stupid initials).  Like, he may as well have been doing lines off the bar, it was so obvious.

2 hours ago, Wicked said:

She definitely wasn't herself this episode or last. I hope Jax isn't getting Brittney in to something she will regret. 

• Love 6

It does seem like this season a lot of people are finally getting a bad edit. FI is getting a really nasty edit with all his snide comments and eye rolls. And brittany is getting an edit as well, mostly drama queen freakouta. Not to mention all of her real life things going on(her choice as as a pastor, the airplane incident).

• Love 4

Did anyone hear Brittany right before she was talking to Lisa? How she said something along the lines of "I used to be able to elevate Jax with my sweet personality but now it's flipped and my reputation is being sullied because of Jax."

Like... wtf? So she is incredibly cognizant of her "sweet Kentucky innocent gal" act and is now getting pissed that people aren't buying it anymore and STILL shitting on Jax. She truly thought that her sweet shtick would be enough to make everyone forget about Jax's 8 years of televised psychoses? Ok girl...

• Love 18
16 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also ugh I hated when FI and Lisa were rolling their eyes about Stassis holiday. She actually had to do a lot of stuff to get her own holiday. Not just buy a day. She had to get it approved and whatnot.

Approved from whom?  The LVP Reality Show Holiday Review Board?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I don’t even watch this show anymore. I just come on here and piece together what happened based on the comments. Much more entertaining, lol. 

I applaud this. However, sometimes you need to see what they look like. They know someone is filming them, yet they choose to present themselves this way. 

• Love 2

Lala is trying waaaay too hard. She is so immature and reactive and attention-starved such a POSER, I can't stand it. 

I think Billie's being paranoid. You can't be rude to Kristen and Katie and Lala and then expect to be invited to their events. As I recall it, Kristen and Lala were both very friendly and open to getting to know her last season. I don't remember any interaction between Billie and Katie last year, but there's no indication Katie ever had a problem with Billie until Billie tried to get Kristen banned from the restaurant at the Sur meeting and then later expressed that James is a very close friend of hers. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Chalby said:

Scheana carries such a heavy karmic-debt load. Has anyone else noticed that whenever she's moved on from a person, beau, activity, etc. she attempts to distance herself but ruthlessly dissing it, sharing TMI, and she's oblivious to how stupid she sounds. While married to Shay, they were SO IN LOVE, and everyday was like when they were first dating...  Afterwards, everything was horrible and she never really loved him.  Rob was the "best boyfriend in the world" and they are "talking marriage" and he can please her is so many ways....  Afterwords, he wasn't up front with his feelings, and began to pull away because of the group's toxicity...  NOW - she's "faked every orgasm for ten years". I am sorry, but if that IS the case, you have NO ONE else to blame but yourself so quit putting it out there.  Why does she always go to the extreme?

I so agree. And I think the way she said that, about orgasms, it was another way to get a dig in on Shay. 

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Steph J said:

Kristen needs to give it a rest about James.  Being this obsessed with seeing him fail just makes it look like she's still carrying a torch for him that she's in denial about.

Tom needs to give it a rest with that damn trumpet.

How is Billie arguing that she didn't know about girl's night when she tweeted about it beforehand and how is she saying that she wasn't invited when she's there?  How does she get mad at Katie for not including her in the planning when she walked up to Katie and Kristen at brunch and all but said, "You shouldn't be here"?  And who does she think she's kidding with this "I only liked some tweets" business?  She started that conversation by insinuating that she was left out because she's trans and thus Katie et al don't see her as a real woman. 

I think Kristen was told she needs to bring it this season if she wants to keep her job and Bravo paycheck. She also dislikes James, but I don't think she'd go that far out of her way to make his life hell if it weren't for the show. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I had to fast forward through the "orgasm" scene. Neither of those ladies can touch Meg Ryan and frankly, I felt dirty watching even a second of it. 

I was watching live, so I just muted it. I'd rather watch Stassi transfer 23430 burgers to Beau's mouth. 

5 hours ago, esco1822 said:

As for Billie, girl, bye. Lisa read that situation perfectly. And it's not like Katie ran around crying to all the women about James calling her fat constantly. She is not "playing the fat card" and for another woman to suggest she is, well, you should have your woman card revoked. I can't imagine the challenges Billie has had to face in her life and I give her a lot credit for fighting to be exactly who she is, but who she is, is a catty bitch.  

Yea, the comparison just doesn't work. For many reasons. Not only is this something Katie has not constantly kvetched about; it IS a nasty thing someone has said to her at work. No one has said anything nasty about Billie being trans while at work. Or otherwise. Not comparable. 

4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Jax is so annoying. Does he have to jump in and defend Brittney all the time?  This night in shining armour routine of his is getting old.

Jax treated her like such shit before. It's like he's over-corrected in order to prove to everyone he's changed. I agree; it's getting old. 

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I know where this comes from. At some point, James admitted or heavily implied that he only dated Kristen to get on the show. That is a profoundly nasty and calculating thing to do. I can see why he continues to set Kristen's teeth on edge.

I don't know why she would care. She only dated HIM in an attempt to make FI jealous. 

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

That "company" is sketchy at best.  I just might buy National Eye Rolling Day so I can join FI and LVP.

Whatever, I was just making a point that it makes FI look like a brat some more this season and Lisa looks just as bad, and proves what a lot of us have been saying here she’s just as bad as the other cast members.

And again I have to say, for the stuff with Billie Lee I was on Katie’s side because Billie Lee is kind of nuts actually. Her entire behavior was like zero to one hundred just because she knew if she brought up transgender being the issue(which it wasn’t) it would be a thing but in regards to brittany and Jax, she really shouldn’t talk about anyone’s relationship considering what her engagement period was like. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I applaud this. However, sometimes you need to see what they look like. They know someone is filming them, yet they choose to present themselves this way. 

I can’t anymore. I watched the premiere and realized I just don’t care about these people anymore. I’d love it if they brought in a new cast of young, attractive, single coworkers. But this group is just gross now and I’m bored watching all the couples. It was more fun when they were all hooking up with each other 

• Love 6

I can’t stand Kristen and hope they remove her from the show.  She is a miserable vindictive bitch.  

Katie is not so sweet either and giving LVP an ultimatum really!  LVP should have left her leave. The rest of the cast are fun just wish some of them would quit being followers.  It seems LaLa is trying too hard to fit in with the girls.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

If it was such a girl-power event, they maybe should have hired a female DJ. Chicks are probably underrepresented in that vocation. 

That was my first thought. It seemed like such a no-brainer. 

• Love 9

I find it weird that LVP, the brilliant businesswoman, is just now starting brunch. Girl, please. I live in DC where brunch is a way of life, and having boozy brunches with Billie (there's your catchy slogan!) could have been bringing in the big weekend bucks for a while now.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

I find it weird that LVP, the brilliant businesswoman, is just now starting brunch. Girl, please. I live in DC where brunch is a way of life, and having boozy brunches with Billie (there's your catchy slogan!) could have been bringing in the big weekend bucks for a while now.

I wondered about that because West Hollywood is very brunchy and they have been doing brunch at PUMP for years. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Like pop-up videos?!

Not as interesting

34 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I wondered about that because West Hollywood is very brunchy and they have been doing brunch at PUMP for years. 

SUR is where you bring your mistress and you don't take your mistress to brunch?  Brunch is not sexy nor unique?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Joan van Snark said:

Are we really supposed to hold this against Brittany?  Do you vouch for everything anyone you come into contact with says?

I think people are just side eyeing her because she’s on this show where the beliefs of that pastor and that church that she’s choosing to have for her wedding is not who or what she presents on the show and people are starting to see cracks in the facade that she presents on this show. If that makes sense. I’m not sure if I hold it against her but I definitely side eye this. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Joan van Snark said:

Are we really supposed to hold this against Brittany?  Do you vouch for everything anyone you come into contact with says?

He isn’t just someone she comes into contact with, he is someone she wants to officiate over what she believes is the most important day of her life and most likely goes to for guidance so yes I do hold it against her.

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He isn’t just someone she comes into contact with, he is someone she wants to officiate over what she believes is the most important day of her life and most likely goes to for guidance so yes I do hold it against her.

Yeah as I was saying it doesn’t mesh with the image we get from her on the show either. I know she didn’t say those things but she is allowing herself to be associated with him and his beliefs and his church. Apparently she was asked about it On wwhl after show:

start at the 1:00 mark. She said she talked to him but still.. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Layla222 said:

Katie is not so sweet either and giving LVP an ultimatum really!  LVP should have left her leave.

Yep...In the old days, Katie would have been fired for whining to her boss about WORDS. Few employers want someone that weak working for them because they can't handle pressure if they buckle that easily. What if a high-dollar customer was rude to her? What would LVP do? Fire the customer? I doubt it. She'd tell Katie to suck it up. Hospitality/service can bring out the worst in some people.

• Love 2