Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Girls' Night In

• Start Topic

Katie convinces Lisa to let her host a "Girls' Night In" party, but Billie Lee lashes out at Katie for not including her in the planning; Brittany throws a tantrum; Lala decides James is moving too fast; Stassi creates her own personal holiday.

Airs January 21, 2019.

So Billie has her own brunch party that is hers and hers alone.. fine but katie and the others can’t have their thing? Whatever. 

Also ugh I hated when FI and Lisa were rolling their eyes about Stassis holiday. She actually had to do a lot of stuff to get her own holiday. Not just buy a day. She had to get it approved and whatnot. FI is such a bitter cast member this season which is Odd considering he is going to get Tom Tom soon.

Ugh. Billie is a terrible person m. Am I supposed to find her sagging in her interviewing funny? Ugh. God. Your awful. Go Kristen. Also Stassi why would you invite Billie to your party? No one likes her.

I loved Stassis outfit at her outfit of the day party. 

I don’t like when all these girls go off on people for who their friends are and who aren’t. But I do think james doesn’t know how to stop doing what he does. He has a drinking problem but he won’t acknowledge it. 

Did anyone else roll their eyes when Lisa told brittany Jax needs to show her respect. Lisa is kind of awful. As I’ve been watching this show for seven years I’ve come to realize she is. She thinks she’s so much better than these people but she isn’t at all. 

On the girls night thing:  I listen to a VPR podcast and they talked about that when the show isn’t filming James event is the only that still happens when the show doesn’t film. I’m unsure about Bullies brunch thing but apparently the girls night thing only happened during the summer when the show was shooting and the only one that was actually decent with VPR people was this first one that was shot for the show. The second one had like barley anyone from the show attending so.. 

Anyways.  The girls sort of ganging up on brittany about Jax. Seriously. Why should brittany have to sit and have them talk drama about her relationship? None of them would want to. Like really katie you’re being a real bitch right now. Like not to quote Jax but your relationship is super perfect. Especially right before your wedding and I think you should watch out that FI might be plotting to kill you or something so he can steal your husband.

But I do have to say.. Billie Lee needs to take a seat. Actually several. And bringing in trans as if that’s the issue. Shut up.  But also Schena Speaking my mind that Billie has made into a bigger issue , because she isn’t friends with Katie so that is why she wasn’t tagged  and also didn’t plan it and she made it a bigger issue because she doesn’t like Katie. Also Katie’s the only one she would take this fight with. She’s friendly with arinia and Schena and I think she might be afraid of Lala. 

Also yes peter it is a response to Tuesday night. You and the other managers were making a big deal about tuesdays. Not about thursdays or any other day so I don’t get what his speech to Katie was about. You and the other managers were bitching about Tuesdays.

Also way to support your girlfriend FI. Tuesday’s were james identity?!?! Okay. 

I cannot listen to another sob story from a cast member. I’m sure Billie has been through stuff. But this isn’t that. You and Katie aren’t friends and you have made that clear so much to her.  She included her friends who helped her. She probably doesn’t speak to you much, it also seems like Schena and arinia were supposed to let you know and didn’t. And dear Billie you implied that katie was transphobic. Because you don’t like her. Because you aren’t friends with each other. 

1 minute ago, Steph J said:

Good God, do these people think that James invented Tuesdays?

Um yes it’s his life’s goal!!!!

• Love 17

Can someone tell Billie that the like 30 other women that work at Sur but aren't apart of the show weren't invited to girls night. But they dont matter because they dont get talking heads and aren't "pretty" enough for tv. 

Not going to lie I had to look up what cis privilege is. 

• Love 13

Billie was all kinds of offensive tonight.

The right answer on hearing this was going down at Sur was to approach any one of these ladies and ask how she could help, not start tweeting venom, even if she was just ‘liking’ comments.

• Love 24

On the one hand I do understand Billie's feelings -- she's been left out her whole life, probably in really unkind ways, so I get how this is an extra sensitive issue for her. I would have loved it if Katie had said words to that effect and that she was sorry she didn't think about it....but...

They were fresh off a fight, so Billie would be the last person Katie would ask for that reason. Billie is new to "girl" culture -- being excluded from things after a disagreement is practically de rigeur. At least it was in my world. Do not miss that.

Ultimately, I think this is a Suzy and Elaine problem that requires a Suzy and Elaine solution.

But I do still like the drama.  

• Love 14

Stassi claims OOTD is about being yourself, being original?! She and most of cast (maybe not Shwartzy and, now, Beau) are about as conformist as you can get. Furthermore, there is nothing original about Hollywood. I lived there...it is all about conformity.

• Love 17

Kristen, should keep her mouth shut. It's the only way to be sure she doesn't sound like an idiot in front of millions of people each week.

As Mark Twain said, “it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.”

• Love 5

Oh Scheana. Why does it not surprise me that you've been faking orgasms for the last decade? The way she told Lala this, that sex felt. .good..but she only had her first orgasm last year still left her looking like she could be talked out of it (like most of Scheana's interactions actually ). It wouldn't surprise me at all if Scheana hadn't experienced an orgasm at all. These girls are really sexless. They dress, talk and act the part but seem very removed from sensuality. I'm glad the topic comes up via Arianna next week. I mean, I get it, I cannot imagine Schwartz having much of a clue, Jax would go at whatever like a jackhammer and with visions of his own face in mind and Sandoval is probably out of luck and out of his depth with Arianna. Tho I'd bet Sandoval would commit to getting educated. These girls are all about 'girl power ' and 'pussy power ' - I'd like to see them sitting in a circle with mirrors, getting acquainted with their own anatomy and needs. We kind of leap from this generation to the Housewives and somewhere during this transition girls become women who talk about sex with their partners like old hands. It would truly be a boon for the 'pussy power' kids if these  girls could find a way to open up about getting acquainted with intimacy and learning to be a lover. Someone upthread said Hollywood is one of the most conformist places to live (with respect to Stassi's OOTD where you are supposed to show your individuality ). Scheana is the poster child for conformity in this group and the terror of being different outside of certain sanctioned limits. Faking orgasms in acting class and buying penis themed paraphernalia for bachelorette parties is the limit for sexual conformity. Faking orgasms for a decade is the price you pay to live in this world. It's just sad. 

• Love 16

Scheana trying acting to act?! Try acting genuine once in a while. And, I don't believe for a second that she never used a vibrator before her first foray into orgasms in the past year (if that's even true).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Billie is becoming a bona fide bitch.

“Now Lala’s tits are gonna get all the fucking credit!” ~ James 

lol

I can't decide who is the most narcissistic, Jax or James? James and his... "I brought everyone to SUR on Tuesday... ". If tons of people show and Lisa rule the gal's evening a hit, James will still take credit for the success. Then there's idiot Jax who feels ANYTHING done involving Brittany, is "really" done to get to him. He's so nauseating, I wish he was simply a guest on the show. He's got all the traits of an abuser, especially his need to control, his refusal to acknowledge his bad behaviour - always stating others MAKE him behave this way, and his attempt to control any communication between Brittany and her friends, as well as isolating her when he can.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Scheana is the poster child for conformity in this group and the terror of being different outside of certain sanctioned limits.

Absolutely. She was the first cast member I had in mind when I made that comment.

• Love 5
On 1/17/2019 at 6:47 AM, OnceSane said:

Airs January 21, 2019.

Billie Lee didn't have Katie help plan her luncheon, why should Katie invite her to plan for Tuesday Night? (BTW - Billie was invited to the planning.)  It's not like every female working at SUR showed up. Plus, Billie wants us to see her as 'female-first' which we do, but then she wants us to see her as trans-female first when it involves planning for a female only party. I think Billie realizes she's fairly mild on the show so she's stirring the pot, attempting to create drama so she can keep her job.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Scheana trying acting to act?! Try acting genuine once in a while. And, I don't believe for a second that she never used a vibrator before her first foray into orgasms in the past year (if that's even true).

Scheana carries such a heavy karmic-debt load. Has anyone else noticed that whenever she's moved on from a person, beau, activity, etc. she attempts to distance herself but ruthlessly dissing it, sharing TMI, and she's oblivious to how stupid she sounds. While married to Shay, they were SO IN LOVE, and everyday was like when they were first dating...  Afterwards, everything was horrible and she never really loved him.  Rob was the "best boyfriend in the world" and they are "talking marriage" and he can please her is so many ways....  Afterwords, he wasn't up front with his feelings, and began to pull away because of the group's toxicity...  NOW - she's "faked every orgasm for ten years". I am sorry, but if that IS the case, you have NO ONE else to blame but yourself so quit putting it out there.  Why does she always go to the extreme?

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Katie: "It's not about him" yet can't stop talking about...him.

Kristen has some serious issues when it comes to James. Her leaping around the studio (after hearing that Girl's Tuesday was a hit) yelling about James being permanently gone is beyond sociopathic. Right now I am listening to Billie whining about not being invited etc. and I want her gone. I am over it. What does Cis-privilege mean?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Ultimately, I think this is a Suzy and Elaine problem that requires a Suzy and Elaine solution.

Elaine and Suzy! Suzy and Elaine!

I looooove that episode. It also has one of my favorite Seinfeld moments: George modifying the “Greatest American Hero” theme song for his answering machine.

Carry on...

25 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Who is FI?

Sandoval—known for his Flat Iron (FI) usage.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also ugh I hated when FI and Lisa were rolling their eyes about Stassis holiday. She actually had to do a lot of stuff to get her own holiday. Not just buy a day. She had to get it approved and whatnot. FI is such a bitter cast member this season which is Odd considering he is going to get Tom Tom soon.

Sandoval has been bitter for a long time that Kristen and Stassi get to exist on the show without a pretense of still working at SUR.  Then Jax got a spin off.  I think that Tom is now really understanding that he isn't a partner in TomTom in any real way.  It hasn't even really given him any story or status to speak of within the show.  He is seeing that he has just signed up to pay a fee so LvP can make him an attraction in her theme park masquerading as a restaurant.  

Did anyone else roll their eyes when Lisa told brittany Jax needs to show her respect. Lisa is kind of awful. As I’ve been watching this show for seven years I’ve come to realize she is. She thinks she’s so much better than these people but she isn’t at all. 

Lisa has started acting like Brittany is responsible for Jax's behavior.  Actually, she has done the same thing with telling Raquel to manage James.  If Lisa has a problem with her employees, she needs to handle it with her employees rather than their girlfriends.

Also yes peter it is a response to Tuesday night. You and the other managers were making a big deal about tuesdays. Not about thursdays or any other day so I don’t get what his speech to Katie was about. You and the other managers were bitching about Tuesdays.

It seemed pretty clear to me that Peter was alluding to the fact that James is the only cast member who consistently at SUR.  He shows up on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays is how I took it and he was asking Katie if this was a one time thing or if she and the other female cast was committing to show up week after week.  Katie was pretending they would.  But as you pointed out they didn't.

Whether its for money or a resentment about not being in the show, I suspect that the real staff prefer the cast members who work the restaurant in some way (which sounds like only James) over the ones who just show up to film.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Cis privelege is the privilege that Cis people (hetero) are automatically gifted with as their birthright and carry without question through life at the expense of anyone outside of Cis.

Cis doesn't mean hetero. It means that you identify as the gender you were born as. A gay person can have cis privilege.

Edited by Steph J
  • Love 23
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Tom Sandoval aka Flat Iron.

What happened on next week’s preview?  Ariana wants to go down on someone in the back seat?

Lala was drunk and jokingly asked Ariana to get in the back seat so she could down on her. Tom just HAD to share that with everyone. If he was my beau, I'd be annoyed. Anything that's prefaced with "...was so drunk they said..." needs to be doubly considered before shared. Mind you, with Ariana and Tom, I have a feeling they've strategically and jointly mapped out every drama they wish to incur or chase after.

2 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Cis doesn't mean hetero. It means that you identify as the gender you were born as. A gay person can have cis privilege.

but what word does the 'cis' come from. I don't understand, or is it an acronym?

• Love 10

Beau seems like a sweet guy but I had no interest in seeing him and Stassi do that mouth exchange with the chewed-up hamburger.  Found it disgusting.

Brittany's drama queen transformation is already becoming a bit tiresome to watch.  

Billie needs to take it down two or maybe three notches.  She's not doing the trans community any favors by accusing everyone of being transphobic because of not being included in party planning when she's a bitch.  Her attempt at making herself more relevant on the show is now working against her.

Am over Kristen's obsession with "taking James down." Makes her look crazy.

Next week's show looks interesting with that Arianna/Tom exchange.  He's an ass for telling the world about his girlfriend's sexual business.  Have a feeling that he has quite a few skeletons in his closet.

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Billie Lee didn't have Katie help plan her luncheon, why should Katie invite her to plan for Tuesday Night? (BTW - Billie was invited to the planning.)  It's not like every female working at SUR showed up. Plus, Billie wants us to see her as 'female-first' which we do, but then she wants us to see her as trans-female first when it involves planning for a female only party. I think Billie realizes she's fairly mild on the show so she's stirring the pot, attempting to create drama so she can keep her job.

Yup. Then she did some fat shaming. Billie is being bitchy. I wouldn't want to hang with her either.

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Sandoval has been bitter for a long time that Kristen and Stassi get to exist on the show without a pretense of still working at SUR.  Then Jax got a spin off.  I think that Tom is now really understanding that he isn't a partner in TomTom in any real way.  It hasn't even really given him any story or status to speak of within the show.  He is seeing that he has just signed up to pay a fee so LvP can make him an attraction in her theme park masquerading as a restaurant.  

Lisa has started acting like Brittany is responsible for Jax's behavior.  Actually, she has done the same thing with telling Raquel to manage James.  If Lisa has a problem with her employees, she needs to handle it with her employees rather than their girlfriends.

It seemed pretty clear to me that Peter was alluding to the fact that James is the only cast member who consistently at SUR.  He shows up on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays is how I took it and he was asking Katie if this was a one time thing or if she and the other female cast was committing to show up week after week.  Katie was pretending they would.  But as you pointed out they didn't.

Whether its for money or a resentment about not being in the show, I suspect that the real staff prefer the cast members who work the restaurant in some way (which sounds like only James) over the ones who just show up to film.

I mean I get that, but it’s not just katie who only shows up for filming so I didn’t like that he just confronted her about it. Then again maybe he shouldn’t confront anyone because they can’t say that only James shows up for filming because it’s a show. I also heard (via the podcasts I listen to) now that since Tom Tom has opened, SUR hasn’t had many of the cast members come in, it’s getting to a point where FI Tom sometimes does guest appearances as a bar tender, case in point this post from today:

I know Lisa opened Pump during the show but considering no one on the cast works there, it’s not so much of a problem. I mean honestly who knows how much the two atoms work are tom tom or are there but it makes sense that cast members would frequent there more often than SUR. Although I hear James Tuesday’s are still popular because of his dj thing. But I still think any of Lisa’s Restaurants are probably more popular during the summer filming time. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, LaLaLaLa said:

(maybe not Shwartzy and, now, Beau) are about as conformist as you can get. 

I would remove Beau from that observation. He strikes me as one of the few people who is just himself. You can't get any more true to yourself than that. I really like him, thus far...

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Lala was drunk and jokingly asked Ariana to get in the back seat so she could down on her. Tom just HAD to share that with everyone. If he was my beau, I'd be annoyed. Anything that's prefaced with "...was so drunk they said..." needs to be doubly considered before shared. Mind you, with Ariana and Tom, I have a feeling they've strategically and jointly mapped out every drama they wish to incur or chase after.

but what word does the 'cis' come from. I don't understand, or is it an acronym?

It is a prefix meaning “on the side of” as a contrast to “trans”.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Chalby said:

It's shortened from the word cisgender. Like how trans is short for transgender.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Stassi transferring her chewed up hamburger in to Beaus mouth was disgusting. More disgusting was that Beau asked her for it. Those two are just so adorable. 

I thought Beau was joking at first, but when Stassi proceeded to pass on a big ol' chunk, he just went with it. It was funny when he pointed out, I guess that means true love... It was gross, but brought back memories of my teenaged 'passing the gum' while french kissing memories. Eew... lol

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

“I fought for that pronoun!” Ugh. Points to Lisa for shooting Billies bs down. None of them are transphobic.

I was annoyed because she said "girls night in" then, "I fought for that pronoun". "Girls" is a noun, she and her are pronouns.

• Love 6

Per Katie: There are bottles of tequila behind the bar that have been at SUR longer than Billie?

I don’t know how I feel about that. I mean I know most liquor keeps for a while even if open, but that just makes it sound like Tequila doesn’t sell at SUR and I somehow doubt that. ;)

Still, fair point goes to Katie. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Brittany's drama queen transformation is already becoming a bit tiresome to watch.  

People over on Reddit are digging up all manner of information on Brittany--Her arrest, her wedding pastor who has made homophobic statements, and her spree of deleting a bunch of old tweets which are very different from her on show persona including one recommending that people watch a Sandy Hook False Flag video. And of course, there's her mother's homophobia.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4