Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Whine Country

• Start Topic

Where to begin with this episode...I'm beginning to think Danielle has borderline personality disorder. I see how she operates. Is Teresa that stupid? Wait...don't answer that...I know the answer. Anyway, Danielle was able to plant a lie in Teresa's empty head and of course there we go again with the Teresa/Melissa wars. Can't the producers of this show come up with another storyline? Marty Caffrey looks loaded most of the time...he had to be to say Danielle is hot and beautiful. Yikes! Guess he's not saying that now...LOL!

Jennifer is a vacuous spendthrift...it's all about money, designer stuff, gaudy furniture and decor and bragging about all of it. She has never worked a day in her life and went from Mommy and Daddy's home straight to an arranged marriage with a wealthy doctor. Forget her kids...she's a spoiled brat! The dagger gift and no gift for Delores was way beyond passive/aggressive...whoa...Teresa better watch out if she upsets Jennifer...now that would be good television!

Milania missing her Dad so much is sad...all I saw when Joe was on the show was Joe yelling at her all the time and saying "shut up Milania!" and other assorted "loving" things. His presence in the home was toxic...he would call Teresa defamatory and vulgar names, he would yell at all then kids and berate them, he was drunk A LOT of the time and was an angry belligerent drunk. He was no picnic and not exactly a warm, loving person to his daughters. He was a real piece of crap most of the time. It's sad that Milania is growing up with this as her role model for a future husband. What will happen when Joe gets deported???

Teresa always has to plunge the snark knife in to Melissa...rolling her eyes and making the comment that she didn't "like" Melissa's song was just a typical Teresa bitch move. No slack for Melissa even when Melissa is being so supportive and kind to her talentless daughter Teresa has to belittle her. BUT...she gives psycho malicious Danielle a TON of slack! All the time! All I've heard out of Teresa's big mouth is how Danielle is sensitive, she has a big heart, she gets hurt easily, etc. etc...blah blah blah. It doesn't matter how much Melissa tries to be a good sister-in-law to Teresa she will never measure up...question: what has Teresa done for anyone on this show? Everyone coddles her, feels sorry for her, helps her and sympathizes with her  and what does she do? She turns on them and sticks them in the back. I hope she accompanies Joe to Italy and stays there.

Jackie...there's something arrogant and smarmy about her. But I think she can hold her own in a cat fight with any one of these ladies.

Delores...she and Frank have a codependent relationship and her boyfriend is just a seat holder. What else is there to discuss? She really has no story line this season except that she's an empty nester and allows her ex husband to shack up at her house.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 16

Just saw a school bus go by... wonder how school went today for Milania ...

One can only hope the other students didn't watch the show, just stayed clear of her (she's the wrong girl to mess with - just sayin')  or avoided the subject of the listening party scene.  Did the song drop anywhere for those to get a copy of it ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Did anyone notice Teresa’s new voice?  It was so high pitched.....WTF????

That is not her usual scruffy Jersey accent voice.

What a dump??  

Mrs. Turkish Culture this & that...........went to CHINA to furnished her Taj Mahal! 

Bitch was too poor to even buy all that junk at Home Goods like the rest of us!

How about going to Turkey for some rugs and nice furnishings.

Then Jennifer brought back cheap flea markets gifts for all! Everyone’s faces when they got their gifts!  LMAO

Bring back some cute gold necklaces from the Grand Bazaar.  Even some treats like Turkish Delight or baklava  would have been a better choice.

So, Jennifer did not bring back a gift for Marge?

Marge’s initial contempt of Jennifer is because.......it was Jennifer who dissed Marge friend’s house and insulted the whole state of Oklahoma. 

So, Jennifer has a history of badmouthing people’s homes. She is very conceited.

(Oh, Jennifer caters all that food she always displays. Her maids only cook a few dishes).

• Love 9

The way the husbands (Marge's Joe & Danielle's Marty) went at each other ar Milania's show, it seemed contrived and scripted. The women are possibly better actresses. Whatever bc I'm still team Marge. I can't imagine her ever saying anything behind the backs of Tree and Melissa - especially Melissa. It sucks that Marge has to glorify cheating Etc so I saw where Jennifer was going with that bc she was annoyed and said "whatever I guess I'm boring bc I've been married for 15 years. " Nowadays divorce /singledom seems envogue and long term marriage is criticized. But I still like Marge and I agree with previous poster that you're more than the sum of a specific life choice. I can appreciate Marge for who she is. She's 1000 x better than Tree even back when she was a loyal wife. 

I'm of two minds on the Milania singing. I'd spare the embarrassment of putting it on tv. Didn't Gia have a song out with a Girl Group when she was the same age? I rest my case. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Did anyone notice Teresa’s new voice?  It was so high pitched.....WTF????

That is not her usual scruffy Jersey accent voice.

What a dump??  

Mrs. Turkish Culture this & that...........went to CHINA to furnished her Taj Mahal! 

Bitch was too poor to even buy all that junk at Home Goods like the rest of us!

How about going to Turkey for some rugs and nice furnishings.

Then Jennifer brought back cheap flea markets gifts for all! Everyone’s faces when they got their gifts!  LMAO

Bring back some cute gold necklaces from the Grand Bazaar.  Even some treats like Turkish Delight or baklava  would have been a better choice.

So, Jennifer did not bring back a gift for Marge?

Marge’s initial contempt of Jennifer is because.......it was Jennifer who dissed Marge friend’s house and insulted the whole state of Oklahoma. 

So, Jennifer has a history of badmouthing people’s homes. She is very conceited.

(Oh, Jennifer caters all that food she always displays. Her maids only cook a few dishes).

Yes to everything you said. To be honest, Jennifer was raised as an American and grew up here. She has never lived in Turkey, only visited relatives there. I lived there for four months when I was 10 years old. My Dad was a doctor and was doing work for AID there. I met very nice people there and families that work hard and have very little. Someone like Jennifer would be considered spoiled and more American than Turkish. And you are so right about her decorating choices...yikes! She should have taken advantage of the Bazaar and brought back beautiful rugs and great authentic jewelry. My mom bought at least 6 or 7 rugs there and had them shipped home. I still have four of them that my mom gave to me when we bought our first home. Unfortunately, Jennifer feels that money and more money buys her some sort of status...I guess she never heard the Countess's song, "Money Cannot Buy You Class".

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Just saw a school bus go by... wonder how school went today for Milania ...

One can only hope the other students didn't watch the show, just stayed clear of her (she's the wrong girl to mess with - just sayin')  or avoided the subject of the listening party scene.  Did the song drop anywhere for those to get a copy of it ?

IDK if it's available on iTunes (I have a Samsung) but the music video is available on the Bravo TV website for viewing.  It looks great all put together--good 4 her!

Jackie...there's something arrogant and smarmy about her. But I think she can hold her own in a cat fight with any one of these ladies.

Enh maybe she is my favorite so far, love her no B/S attitude!

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Yes to everything you said. To be honest, Jennifer was raised as an American and grew up here. She has never lived in Turkey, only visited relatives there. I lived there for four months when I was 10 years old. My Dad was a doctor and was doing work for AID there. I met very nice people there and families that work hard and have very little. Someone like Jennifer would be considered spoiled and more American than Turkish. And you are so right about her decorating choices...yikes! She should have taken advantage of the Bazaar and brought back beautiful rugs and great authentic jewelry. My mom bought at least 6 or 7 rugs there and had them shipped home. I still have four of them that my mom gave to me when we bought our first home. Unfortunately, Jennifer feels that money and more money buys her some sort of status...I guess she never heard the Countess's song, "Money Cannot Buy You Class".

Totally!  I have been to Turkey many times. And, that part of the world has the most exquisite furnishings.  Beautiful country and culture. Omg, delicious food! From Iran, Turkey and throughout the Levantine everything is just stunning.

The Dollar is just as strong in Turkey as it is in China. So, her decor location decision truly baffles me.

China has beautiful decor. But, she didn’t buy original furnishings.

But, it just goes to show that even with all her money.....Jennifer has no taste.

She likes all junky mass produced  ‘Made in China’ stuff.

From  the Jersey Housewives, I think Jacqueline had the best home.  It was a tastefully decorated million+ dollar home.

I do like Marges house exterior. That window is awesome.  I don’t think I have seen much of the inside, except the big room they are remodeling.

The ‘arranged marriage’ does not bother me.  The  brother wants a traditional Turkish woman.  If the bride is getting married willingly and wants to live in USA........then, it is nobody’s business.

It won’t be long until Jennifer gets jealous.  Because, like you said.....she is more American......tacky obnoxious American!..........than traditional Turkish woman she pretends to be.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, teapot said:

Hot flashes, Dolores?  Same.

Was Milania auto-tuned live?  I didn't know that was a thing.  Gia had a song while Tre was in prison, also.

Audriana & Gabriela could've missed their recital/game to support their sister, just sayin'.

The Marty/Joe/Joe bromance is over, apparently. Also, Marge is hotter than Danielle.

Tre talking about Joe coming home.  Sure, Jan.

Milania wasn’t singing live, she was miming. No way she could have sung like that while she was dancing... we would have heard her puffing out loud.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 11

Milania was cute.  Little girl having fun following her passion. I think she is the most charismatic one.  

I am a dancer and encouraging kids to be creative and passionate is the best thing they can do to help Milania cope with her dad’s jail time.

I’d rather Teresa opens the doors to the entertainment  industry instead of prison cell doors.  Clink-Clink!!!!

(Yes, Teresa is a stage mom).  Y’all remember season 1 when she wanted Gia to model and act.  The acting Coach was like.......OMG!....... very strong Jersey accent.   Sorry, Teresa.  Gia is too young for a part in the Sopranos!  🤣 

• Love 5

Jennifer was complimenting Jackie's home. She was saying "oh what a dump " sarcastically. I totally picked up on that and I thought it was kind of cute...for her being *her*. She immediately was like "oh wow how nice!" Then she was basically in awe of the home, being beautiful but a smaller scale than hers.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Danielle is at it again.  So she twists something Marg said prior to her self centered disastrous wedding and tells Teresa.  Teresa turns around and tells Melissa and twists it again to include Melissa.  What?  Danielle to Teresa "Marg told me not to trust you". Teresa to Melissa "Danielle said Marge told her not to trust Teresa or Melissa"  HUH?  Why did Teresa add Melissa to the mix?  To make Melissa mad enough to jump on the "We hate Marg" wagon?

As best I can remember, Danielle did originally tell Teresa that Margaret also said not to trust Melissa, so Teresa didn't make that up. Although, I don't believe for a second that Margaret ever said that about either of them.

10 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And was it just me or did others see Danielle at her wedding weekend as the worse Bridzella that had it out for Marg?   How could Teresa even say (with a straight face no less) that Marg was mean to Danielle at her wedding?  I totally get why Marg is staying away from Danielle at this point.  Danielle is toxic.

Right?! What wedding was Teresa at because Danielle was horrible to everyone, but especially poor Margaret. She really needed to rein in the Bridezilla act. It's her third wedding day/20th(?) engagement. The bloom is off the rose, honey.

• Love 13

I thought Jennifer made the "dump" comment to the cameras for the sake of being catty. She even said in her TH she was going to judge. It wasn't mature, but, I really don't think she "meant" it, as snobby as she is. Jennifer may be married for 15yrs but she strikes me as the looking the other way type in order to have that house and Chanel, if ya know what I mean. 

I question Marge's judgement for being friends with Danielle in the first place but I didnt believe she would be dumb enough to talk to Danielle about other people believing Danielle wouldn't repeat it. You'd have to be really fucking stupid. So both Joe and Melissa thought Danielle could be shit stirring. It's almost like they have history of helping Danielle shit stir that would make them have that judgement...

I guess the Kool-Aid Marty was being plied with wasn't as powerful as Danielle intended.

I don't  watch reality shows about kids because I find they exploit children too much feeding into camera loving parents who don't care their kids will be judged all over and the kids aren't really old enough to think stuff like that through. I watch Housewives to hear mail order bride comments and sprinkle cookies fights. I hate when they go in the direction of further exploiting the Guidice girls for the situation their parents put them in. And I'm pissed at myself for watching. Teresa arranging that for Milania was nice,  but at the end of the day she's still putting it on her show she's making money on and opening Milania up to criticism on a subject Milania is understandably having trouble dealing with. Now she'll see online her outlet sucked. Since it was for the show I also question if this was Teresa's idea or a producer.  I did like Antonia running to Milania. Those two could be a handful in the (near) future but it's nice to see they embrace each other through the Gorga Bullshit. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 7

Danielle, in all her scenes actually, in the scene where Teresa visits cannot help herself looking miserable and put upon. Teresa asked 'how is married life?' and both Marty and Danielle looked like they were going to make her referee. Danielle had a huge stank face that continued into the kitchen as she served the meal, along with the smell of burning martyr, to her husband and Teresa. He jumped up so ostentatiously to pull out Danielle's chair and she continued with the face and the attitude. She's screaming behind her eyes to anyone she encounters 'I'm miserable! I hate my life and I hate this man and all my friends!'. It's so obvious. Mostly i think she hates herself. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Milania wasn’t singing live, she was miming. No way she could have sung like that while she was dancing... we would have heard her puffing out loud.

I noticed, which makes her lousy vocals that much more abysmal. They sat in a studio for how long to make that symphony of cat strangulation the final version. It was not good and I don't think there is anything nice about Teresa giving Melania this opportunity AND putting it on national TV. The latter being my biggest issue.

• Love 12

Antonia and Milania have always been so sweet with each other, I love seeing how supportive Melissa and Antonia are of her.  I loved watching Danielle's face light up when Milania was engulfed in the embrace of her friends after her performance.  

Danielle had such a pissed off look while Teresa was visiting. I thought, "Oh, maybe she received notice that she wasn't going to be a full-time housewife and production wasn't reimbursing them for the, "Dream Wedding from Hell"!  

I'm sure Jennifer's remark on the dumpy bathroom was a joke.  I chuckled when she said it and I'd like to think Jackie did, too.

23 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I noticed, which makes her lousy vocals that much more abysmal. They sat in a studio for how long to make that symphony of cat strangulation the final version. It was not good and I don't think there is anything nice about Teresa giving Melania this opportunity AND putting it on national TV. The latter being my biggest issue.

Cat strangulation omg I’m deceased. Lmao

3 hours ago, queenjen said:

I'm not all the way through yet, but I'm mesmerized by what's going on with Teresa's TH cleavage. She looks like Mary's nextdoor neighbour in Something About Mary.

Omg Magda! Yes you nailed it!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

I'm not all the way through yet, but I'm mesmerized by what's going on with Teresa's TH cleavage. She looks like Mary's nextdoor neighbour in Something About Mary.

well...according to the preview for next week,we get to see another body part of Tre on camera...   :)

• Love 2

I think Jenn's "What a dump comment" was sarcastic. She was making the point that Jackie's house was just as lavish as hers, and that her call out on Jenn's house was personal, since she lived the same way as Jenn. 

I thought it was super sweet of Teresa to try to cheer up Milana with getting her involved in something she loves-- rap and hip hop. It seems the other girls are dealing better with their dad's absence, plus are more social and athletic. They are all at recitals and events all the time, where Milania isn't really athletic or competitive like the other girls. I personally think it was super sweet of her mom to take her mind off things by setting her up with a dance and voice coach and then doing her own recital. The poor girl has probably been to dozens of her sisters recitals. 

I thought it was super sweet. Teresa wasn't trying to get her on the pop charts-- just cheer her up and get her interested in something to raise her confidence. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7

I don't have a problem with Teresa (can't believe I just typed that) letting Milania do the song. What I have a problem with is the rappers that she is letting her children be around. Both have rap sheets (ha ha) and offensives involving children.

I also have issues with the money she is spending. I know she has paid the court off but the businesses and people they owed I don't think have been. 

• Love 10

Uh Jennifer? I don't know what your Turkish culture taught you about how to conduct yourself but let me teach you a few things (not that she would read this site anyway). First of all, in American culture, insulting another person's home and home state, especially when you are a guest there is tacky! Second, if you don't like a certain kind of music such as country, it doesn't mean it's okay to insult people that do. One does not need to express their dislike so rudely but instead it's better to keep such comments to yourself. Next, does respect to you only apply to submitting to your husband and nobody being able to have any opinions that you don't like? It seems to be this way with you. Oh and lastly, children should never have to be bribed with gifts to behave. They should do this anyway. The end.

Edited by Hockey Addict
spelling snafus
  • Love 13

Also, Milania might not be a perfect angel, but I felt bad for her watching this episode in particular. Yes, it was good that Tre had the thought to give her something creative to focus on. However Juicy and Tre both contributed to their own crappy situations if I think about it. No matter how we feel about Joe, to Milania he's still her dad so for her I feel sympathy. For Tre and Juicy not so much. Note to Joe and Tre, don't lie and cheat! Oh, and Joe? You had plenty of time to become a citizen of this country. Why didn't you?

• Love 7

Oh, and one more Jennifer related rant. Here in the good, old, US of A it is generally not considered in good taste to act like an article was personally attacking your kids/parenting in a horrible way if said article was not actually doing that. Also, if your own husband has brought up the topic of overindulging the kids with gifts then why are you going after Jackie? Furthermore, you insulted her home when she was never (that I remember) insulting to yours. Sorry, but Jennifer got her own self into the position to be criticized by first not teaching her kids from day one how to act without bribery, going on TV bragging a ton, and being flat out rude. Okay, enough ranting from Hockey Addict. For now at least.

• Love 2

Given Jennifer's impropriety and general pettiness (complaining while a guest in someone else's home, going into someone's home specifically to call it a dump, gifting a group of women and excluding one based on information you had yet to verify, insisting that someone was attacking your children as spoiled when even your own husband didn't interpret the article that way), I can't feel bad for how upset she got over the mail order  bride comment because she then inferred American culture to be about infidelity and divorce and made characterizations about Margaret's mother thinking it was fair game. I don't know if there's anything that can bring me back from disliking Jennifer. I don't find anything about her authentic and I just can't seem to find her likable. 

Teresa must enjoy believing any bad word that comes back to her so that she can have a 'reason' to be hurt or angry with someone. The fact that she would believe psycho Danielle over Margaret and think Margaret was treating Danielle poorly at Danielle's wedding when it was Danielle yelling at everyone is just beyond words but not surprising for Teresa. Margaret was the one paying for things out of pocket and organizing events while Teresa's obligations were showing up to such events and attending a photoshoot...of course she wouldn't be able to appreciate how draining it can be for a friend to have zero gratitude for the work you're putting in to try and make your wedding special. Teresa doesn't go out of her way for people like that. However, I do think it's sweet how supportive she is being of Milania's interests and is only concerned with seeing her daughter have some semblance of normalcy and happiness. Holy auto-tune Milania but it was nice to see her happy knowing how hard she's dealing with her dad being away. And of course, despite Melissa showing up in good faith to support Teresa and Milania, Teresa had to take an opportunity to take a dig in her TH. Ugh. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Jennifer was complimenting Jackie's home. She was saying "oh what a dump " sarcastically. I totally picked up on that and I thought it was kind of cute...for her being *her*. She immediately was like "oh wow how nice!" Then she was basically in awe of the home, being beautiful but a smaller scale than hers.

When I first watched the episode I thought Jennifer was simply being rude but a couple of people had said that they thought she was being sarcastic or making a joke so I watched the scene again and I do believe you are right--I've done this before myself, when I walk into someone's home that looks beautiful and I've sarcastically said oh what filth.  Now the thing is I only do this to people I know really well and I know for a fact they will get the joke too so maybe Jennifer's timing was off or she just doesn't know how to read a room....IDK it's a slippery slope when A.) a camera is filming you and B.) this is someone who have a so-so relationship with so maybe she should have left the sarcasm for another day....

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, ghoulina said:

Did Jennifer really say, "What a dump?" when using Jackie's bathroom?

I like Marge. And I really can't stand Jennifer....but I kind of admired her serving it up at the wine trip. Her comments were pretty shitty, but was it okay for Marge to make the comments she made? I mean....

Frank's gonna get Dolores's name tattooed on him because he wants another year rent free.

I don't know how she claims that she's100% committed to David, when she's at least 50% committed to Frank.

It was SUPER catty of Tre to mock Melissa's song, when Mel's been nothing but supportive of Milania.

The song...yea, it's lame. But that kid had so much fun with it. With all she's been through, I'm glad to see it.

Danielle is stirring up shit again. I was living for Dolores and her drive-by, "maybe you'll believe me now."

Marty is a little punk himself. That comment he made about about Marge was so nasty. And untrue. And ignorant. You're going to slam her right to her man? GTFO

Jennifer was going really low at the winery tho.  I totally believe that alcohol brings out someone's real personality and she's a catty bitch.  Marge should've kept her mouth shut, sure, but I think she was still pissed at how Jennifer treated her friend in Oklahoma.   I loved Jennifer's "it's not an arranged marriage.  It's a set up meeting with marriage in mind."  Um...can you explain the difference between those two things, Jennifer?

Dolores will never have a healthy relationship again because in her soul she's still married to Frank.  It's really sad.  Her blind loyalty to the people she loves really clouds her judgment in a lot of ways.   It was making me crazy that she was saying Margaret was out of line towards Jennifer but had nothing really to say about Jennifer's behavior.  Apparently the appropriateness of someone's behavior is entirely dependent on how Dolores feels about them.  It's annoying.  Maybe it's the "old school" way.  That drive by "I told you so" was EVERYTHING, tho.

Tre was a total bitch with that comment about Melissa's song.   Just when you start to think she's maturing a little bit and actually trying with Melissa....

Marty and Danielle deserve each other.  Too bad it didn't work out.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:41 PM, sATL said:

Hot flashes ?

And why do RHO* have to travel by tour van to a wine tasting outing ? It getting old. These women have wine cellars / fridges in their homes...

I have a kitchen and a fridge in my home but I still like going out to eat.  ;)

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 8
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, sATL said:

did I see fruit and cucumber  when Jennifer was serving her kids ?? was that perhaps cottage cheese in the blue container ? It was real quick at the beginning...

All I saw was a piece of white bread toast with about a pound of butter on it put in front of one of her chunkier kids.  I'm not one to body shame children but Jennifer....come on, girl. You're not helping.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:04 AM, sATL said:

I  was referring to having the cast going someplace else as opposed to always going to a winery, when they have a large supply of wine at home . 

I feel like I've seen the same "outing" over and over on the the different RHO* shows - they get into the tour bus, at least one argument breaks out, which is often enhanced by the wine.

And that's exactly why they do it.  LOL.  Alcohol fuels these shows so wine tasting is the PERFECT outing, especially when there's already tension amongst the group.  Of course, I live in wine country so I'm used to people going wine tasting all the time, even tho I can't drink it myself (such a waste.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Tre was a total bitch with that comment about Melissa's song.   Just when you start to think she's maturing a little bit and actually trying with Melissa....

Tre is so jealous of Melissa she can't help herself. I really couldn't care less about Tre's body building story line.

• Love 9

Congratulations Tre.  You can now claim to be the hottest housewife on the east coast.  I looked at the links posted previously of the event and Tre placed 3rd in the over 40 bikini competition.  I thought she was training for a fitness or bodybuilding event that required much more work but really her competition was all about looking great in a bikini. 

Can we talk about how awesome Gia was for Milania during her performance?  I kind of loved seeing that.  Gia has turned into a seemingly good kid, despite all the bumps along the way.  She was no peach at 12/13 either.  

So far all I've seen is Jackie actually attempt to make amends with anybody for actions that they may have taken that were not well received.   When it comes to the article, I do think it was bitchy.  Sorry, I do.  There were plenty of ways to write that article without making it so direct about Jennifer.  Jackie is surrounded by examples of the lifestyle that concerns her, every single day.  She lives it herself.  She could have used her own playroom as an example.  So yes, it was bitchy  Was it intentionally bitchy?  Okay, I'll give Jackie the benefit of the doubt that it was not her intention.  However -- her words hurt a friend/castmate/colleague.  Jennifer was clearly upset by it.  Jackie was able to get through the defensiveness and apologize.  She reached out to Teresa and apologized to her. 

Credit to her.  The other housewives could take a page from her book.  Including Marge, who for some reason, didn't read the memo that an insult covered as a joke is still an insult.  What's up with her this season?  I want to love her but she's making it tough.

Am I the only one who kind of loves the shady knife and would prefer that over a candle holder anyway? 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Given Jennifer's impropriety and general pettiness (complaining while a guest in someone else's home, going into someone's home specifically to call it a dump, gifting a group of women and excluding one based on information you had yet to verify, insisting that someone was attacking your children as spoiled when even your own husband didn't interpret the article that way), I can't feel bad for how upset she got over the mail order  bride comment because she then inferred American culture to be about infidelity and divorce and made characterizations about Margaret's mother thinking it was fair game. I don't know if there's anything that can bring me back from disliking Jennifer. I don't find anything about her authentic and I just can't seem to find her likable. 

Teresa must enjoy believing any bad word that comes back to her so that she can have a 'reason' to be hurt or angry with someone. The fact that she would believe psycho Danielle over Margaret and think Margaret was treating Danielle poorly at Danielle's wedding when it was Danielle yelling at everyone is just beyond words but not surprising for Teresa. Margaret was the one paying for things out of pocket and organizing events while Teresa's obligations were showing up to such events and attending a photoshoot...of course she wouldn't be able to appreciate how draining it can be for a friend to have zero gratitude for the work you're putting in to try and make your wedding special. Teresa doesn't go out of her way for people like that. However, I do think it's sweet how supportive she is being of Milania's interests and is only concerned with seeing her daughter have some semblance of normalcy and happiness. Holy auto-tune Milania but it was nice to see her happy knowing how hard she's dealing with her dad being away. And of course, despite Melissa showing up in good faith to support Teresa and Milania, Teresa had to take an opportunity to take a dig in her TH. Ugh. 

To use layman's terms, I always took "infer" to mean "what one person is gathering from what was indirectly exhibited" and "imply" to mean "what one person is indirectly saying."  But, seeing as how you write your posts well, I was wondering if you were using the word "infer" based on an inference of each character's words/actions?  Like, you are inferring that Jennifer inferred and subsequently implied something about American culture?  Is that it?  I am honsestly interested, because I have never heard the word used that way before--most people just say "implied"--but it makes an odd sort of sense, and if that's a legit way to convey an inference, I think it's cool and I will use it in the future.  I have seen other posters wonder about this when you have used the word this way in other episode threads of RHNJ, and I just wanted to see exactly how we are using this word so that I can incorporate it into future posts, if you don't mind me being a little nosy about word usage to enhance my own writing.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Cleaning up post
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2019 at 7:51 AM, teapot said:

Am  I the only one who thought Jen was joking?  I feel like I might say that sarcastically if I went into a friend's fancy bathroom...maybe I have no social skills LOL

Jennifer just doesn't come off as someone who has an acerbic, biting wit like that. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

To use layman's terms, I always took "infer" to mean "what one person is gathering from what was indirectly exhibited" and "imply" to mean "what one person is indirectly saying."  But, seeing as how you write your posts well, I was wondering if you were using the word "infer" based on an inference of each character's words/actions?  Like, you are inferring that Jennifer inferred and subsequently implied something about American culture?  Is that it?  I am honsestly interested, because I have never heard the word used that way before--most people just say "implied"--but it makes an odd sort of sense, and if that's a legit way to convey an inference, I think it's cool and I will use it in the future.  I have seen other posters wonder about this when you have used the word this way in other episode threads of RHNJ, and I just wanted to see exactly how we are using this word so that I can incorporate it into future posts, if you don't mind me being a little nosy about word usage to enhance my own writing.  

No, that's just my bad, haha. I use the term a lot for my assessment reports at work, it's like second nature to me and so I always mix up the two...when in fact they're kind of like opposite meanings. If I bothered to proofread my posts it would help. I only spot all of my mistakes after someone has quotes me, lol. 

• Love 4

I thought Jen was joking - implying that Jackie is living a lifestyle pretty similar to hers, so why use HER house as the example when Jackie's house is beautiful, clearly the home of a wealthy family where kids could easily be spoiled.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Reality police said:

I don't have a problem with Teresa (can't believe I just typed that) letting Milania do the song. What I have a problem with is the rappers that she is letting her children be around. Both have rap sheets (ha ha) and offensives involving children.

Ew, what? I had no idea. 

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

ITA.  I don't know what is going on with Marge this season--whether it is that second season curse--but I don't find her as endearing as I did last season.  Listen, I am uncomfortable with infidelity.  People have their right to swing their fist in any direction before my nose begins, to paraphrase.  People are going to cheat on their spouses.  That's a given.  But I don't want to hear about it, and when I do, I am going to sanction it as a way of standing up for my values.  I thought Marge was totally out of line telling that story about going on a date with her mom when her mom was dating a married man, the climax of which was that Marge Sr was hoping the guy would leave his wife.  It gave Jennifer a total opening.  

I think the mail-order bride comment was a minor offense--and it was an offense because it was culturally insensitive--but it should have been dealt with on the bus as quickly as the Jennifer/Jackie/article conflict was dealt with.  I give my take, you give yours, we hug it out (bitch), and that's it.  Jennifer and Jackie made a WWHL appearance together after filming wrapped, and appeared to be very friendly and able to laugh about their transgressions, so I guess something about that relationship is working.

I feel bad about the whole Milania thing on so many levels.  She is utterly and totally void of any demonstrable skills. Completely untalented.  Can't dance.  Can't vocalize.  No stage presence.  You know what would have been better than being prepped by the best, complete with hair extensions and 3" gold talons?  If her dad were home.  None of this would be necessary if Milania had a dad at home to hug her and point her in the right direction.  When Teresa was at Danielle's, she said she just came from visiting Joe, I wondered why didn't she bring her kids?  I think, Milania in particular, would have preferred that to this "performance."  JMO.

The thing that bothered me about the "listening party" the most was that it was being held under the auspices of a child's performance, but it felt more like a season finale.  All of the women gathering to gossip and start shit with each other while they are dressed and made up to the nines.  It is such a striking difference from Melissa's son's confirmation/communion (sorry, I'm not Catholic; I get it all mixed up) a few episodes ago when everyone actually refrained from the bullshit to pay respect to a kid's rite of passage.  Here we have Melissa calling Marge and Danielle together (with Teresa's tacit approval) with the obvious intent of Starting Shit, while Mliania is sitting alone on a couch alone on her phone.  How gross.  How about you adults put aside your petty bullshit for one night to actually celebrate Milania?  Were Jackie's kids even there?  Also, was I the only one who saw Gabriella there?  I wasn't expecting it, because of the aforementioned soccer game, but they showed her at the event right before they showed Gia showing up to greet Melissa.  

Re: whether Marge actually said something against Melissa/Teresa that Danielle is passing on, I think there is something there, or Marge wouldn't have been as reactionary as she was. Last season she was all, "whatever Soggy," to Siggy when Siggy would crack and say cray shit.  Marge's reaction to Danielle's allegation was too hot for there not to be some gold in them thar hills.  If I'm wrong and Marge's hands are completely clean and she literally just said, "trust no one," then she has a horrible poker face.  Why get all flummoxed if a psychopath is taking your words and twisting them?  Why care?  

If Marge were really good on her game (and Teresa and Melissa too), why aren't they asking the obvious question:  Danielle, why were you asking Marge if you should trust us?  

I don't like the use of the info that Jen may have confided that her husband sometimes sleeps in the pool house against her.  Of course I think her husband is cheating!  But it's not cool to throw shit in her face for amusement (or even revenge, unless she really did something beyond the pale).  Jennifer's marriage isn't perfect, but shame on the person who calls themselves a friend/acquaintance on the one hand, but can't wait to drop nuggets of infidelity on the other.  If I get anything about Team Old School Values (I just vomited in my mouth), it's that.  

I think Marty is continuously being ganged up on for being with Danielle, and it's not cool, that's who he picked.  He's paying for it now, trust.  I do think it's fair game for a man to say that women might be jealous of his wife because no one else wants to look at any other women when his wife walks into the room, because that is how I hope every man sees his wife.  He only spoke on it when he was provoked.  I thought that scene was hilarious, as it seemed like it was Joe Gorga who got mad and wanted to get into a shoving match upon hearing those words, but automatically reverted to the more socially acceptable "peacemaker" between Marty and Joe Benigno (sp?) than the being the aggressor.  It's more evidence that Joe Gorga started the fight at the S3 communion. If microexpressions could talk...

I dunno.  Week two that I have been on Team OSV.  Even though I think Dolores's relationship with Frank is obscene.  It was pretty obvious to me that Jennifer was joking about Jackie's house being "a dump," as it was her uneducated way of saying, "hey, I'm not the only one who is living a spoiled life."  That, and Teresa being well-behaved as opposed to Melissa calling the coven together to hash out shit at the worst time possible--Milania's event--and I think they all suck, but Marge and Melissa were worse than the others this time to me.

For starters, Margaret wasn't friends with Soggy.  Margaret WAS friends with Danielle, however, to the point of being an attendant in her wedding, so a false accusation would prove to be actually hurtful to her.   And what Margaret said she told Danielle "she said I don't know who to trust, so I said don't trust anyone" rings completely true and something Margaret would say.  Notice Danielle didn't dispute that, she just stared at her with that weird psycho look on her face.   Plus, Danielle has a history of doing the same thing to Dolores last year (as Dolores hilariously pointed out in her drive by.) 

And Marty is skeevy.  What he said was completely inappropriate.   You don't say to another man that his wife is jealous because she's not as hot as your own wife.  Come on.  That's some high school shit. 

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Jennifer just doesn't come off as someone who has an acerbic, biting wit like that. 

Agreed. She does (imo), however, come off as someone childish and spiteful who would say something mean about Jackie or her home because she was offended by her perception of what Jackie wrote about her and her home.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, lezlers said:

For starters, Margaret wasn't friends with Soggy.  Margaret WAS friends with Danielle, however, to the point of being an attendant in her wedding, so a false accusation would prove to be actually hurtful to her.   And what Margaret said she told Danielle "she said I don't know who to trust, so I said don't trust anyone" rings completely true and something Margaret would say.  Notice Danielle didn't dispute that, she just stared at her with that weird psycho look on her face.   Plus, Danielle has a history of doing the same thing to Dolores last year (as Dolores hilariously pointed out in her drive by.) 

And Marty is skeevy.  What he said was completely inappropriate.   You don't say to another man that his wife is jealous because she's not as hot as your own wife.  Come on.  That's some high school shit. 

Oh, I was under the misapprehension that Margaret was introduced onto the show as Siggy's friend, and a major part of Siggy's unspkone arc for season 8 was that Margaret should be Team Siggy, because Siggy brought Margaret onto the show, but I guess I was wrong and I'll have to reeducate myself.

What I say is always just my opinion--sort of just a stream of consciousness from the night before that I write on my lunch hour to distract from the doldrums around me.  Half the time I read ya'll's posts and do an about-face, so...please don't take anything I say with more than a grain of salt.  

By the way, I stand by my opinion.  I re-watched the Joe, Joe, Marty clip on WWHL this morning and Joe B totally started in on Marty on what what already a hot topic.  If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, Joe B.  You say "high school shit," I say "fair game."  That's what makes the world go round.  

I also stand by what I said last season--that Danielle is absolutely crazy, but she has not been caught in a lie since the show's inception.  It has not been proven that Danielle was lying about Dolores last season--there was no evidence either way--it was he said, she said--and Margaret admitted she had some words about trusting Teresa with Danielle, and in addition Marge went BSC, so I also stand by my original assertion that I think Margaret said something maybe not totally above board about Teresa to Danielle in confidence, and Danielle breached that confidence.  It's not that deep to me, however, and agree to disagree and namaste.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, lezlers said:

"it's not an arranged marriage.  It's a set up meeting with marriage in mind."  Um...can you explain the difference

Some arranged marriages are totally arranged and the bride and groom have no say in the matter aside from the "I do's"  Other arranged marriages are more akin to match making.  Couples are brought together in the hope they hit it off and will result in a marriage.  I have a feeling that is the distinction Jennifer was making.  Mail order brides are a whole other matter. 

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh, I was under the misapprehension that Margaret was introduced onto the show as Siggy's friend, and a major part of Siggy's unspkone arc for season 8 was that Margaret should be Team Siggy, because Siggy brought Margaret onto the show, but I guess I was wrong and I'll have to reeducate myself.

This actually sounds familiar to me too.  I think I recall Siggy mentioning something involving some type of connection.

• Love 6

Watching this episode, I finally understand why Marty is with Danielle.  They're both fucking delusional!  And just not nice people.  He got what he deserved when he married her.  I bet she took ALL his money.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 7

I thought that Jennifer was being sarcastic with her "what a dump" comment. I've seen her do that before. 

Marge is annoying. She likes to make provocative statements that often lean towards being personally or culturally sensitive (personally, I always raised an eyebrow at why she used the Hitler reference in relation to Siggy). It's part of her schtick. Then, when called out on it, she gets indignant. An arranged marriage is not the same thing as a mail order bride, and even if Marge was confused, her condescending attitude toward it was narrow minded and insulting. If she really thought about it, Jennifer's matchmaking for her brother isn't all that different from Teresa attempting to set up her brother first with Joe Giudice's sister and then one of her friends (was it Dina, or Jacqueline?). If you're part of a culture that believes that the families are just as invested in the relationship as the individual couple, then it makes sense that family members play a heavier hand in matchmaking than in some other cultures. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Really? I'm thinking Jennifer is hysterical and has super dry wit. I think she tries to hard to seem super rich, which is annoying, but her personality cracks me up when she just makes random comments about people. I think pretty much everything she says is sarcastic and biting. 

I don't really know if the brother thing is an arranged marriage, but it really doesn't matter. They are getting married and everyone seems happy about it.

I think this season Marge let Danielle get to her. Danielle, IMO, is super negative, dramatic, blaming, and attention demanding. I think she put Marge in a really bad mood. Marge is good to stay away from her. Positive people do wonders. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 4
On 1/17/2019 at 11:48 PM, Reality police said:

10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ew, what? I had no idea. 

Which rappers? What charges? I only question this because Milania spent like 15 minutes around Fetty Wap. That's de minimis. Gia was on an episode of Celebrity Apprentice and the host of that show has a super sketchy history with women, including some under 18, but I'd never claim that Tre put Gia in danger by letting Gia meet the host. However when Tre was actively trying to get some sort of singing, modeling, and acting career for Gia, she probably did put Gia in a little danger because there are some super sketchbots hanging around those circles. There have been decades of rumors about Dan Schneider and of course there's Gary Goddard.

• Love 1