Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Whine Country

• Start Topic

Jackie hosts a trip to a vineyard for some much-needed bonding time; Jennifer attacks Jackie for writing an article about her family; Margaret calls Jennifer’s brother’s fiancé a “mail-order bride”; Teresa throws a song release party for Milania.

Airs 01/16/19 at 9:00 PM Eastern

That might be why Jennifer is so snarly about affairs, her husband is having one.

I don't think people should have affairs.  But I also think affairs are not the whole sum of a person.  I can be good with you overall, but dislike behavior you choose. 

You go Delores!  Be smug!  Go on with your "I told you so".  

From the sounds of it, God Bless my in laws for calling during the show.  I get to have no opinion on Melania!  Yay me!

• Love 15

That scene with Jackie and Marge in the shoe store illustrated just how much of a snake Jackie is.  "We have to stick together" because there are others who are crazy, and then questioning whether Marge would even want to reconcile with Jennifer...she is fighting hard to be a permanent cast member.

Laughed hard at Teresa and Dolores mopping and fanning themselves with their napkins during the Marge/Jennifer confrontation.  They looked like the pearl clutching maiden aunts at the garden party who just got their panties in a twist.  

I have no favorites in this bunch because they all have their moments, but I am getting a kick out of the way Jennifer goes after people she feels have wronged her.  She's got a sharp tongue and knows how to go for the jugular.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

Laughed hard at Teresa and Dolores mopping and fanning themselves with their napkins during the Marge/Jennifer confrontation.  They looked like the pearl clutching maiden aunts at the garden party who just got their panties in a twist.  

Hot flashes ?

And why do RHO* have to travel by tour van to a wine tasting outing ? It getting old. These women have wine cellars / fridges in their homes...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

I know there must be a conversation about Melania's "song" here but I can't find it.  Any help? Thanks! 

It's being talked about in previous posts. I'm on the west coast, so I will reserve judgment until the show airs. 

I think Marge is free to say whatever she wants but...she does come off a bit like the "ugly american" with her comments about Jennifer's brother. In the sense that because something is different-- it is something to make fun of. Lots of cultures have arranged marriages or set up marriages. Turkey and India to name a few. I think the term mail-order-bride comes across as derogatory in this context.

It's kind of like someone opening up about themselves and their background and the other person making fun of it. Instead of looking at it as an opportunity to learn about someone else.

I do think Jennifer handled Jackie and Marge's comments the wrong way. But I do think their is hope for Jackie and and Jennifer to be friends.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's being talked about in previous posts. I'm on the west coast, so I will reserve judgment until the show airs. 

I haven't watched the show since Teresa went to prison but I've seen the "song" everywhere today.  

14 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Milania is majorly untalented in regards to singing. Some people manage to be very successful in the music business just by writing and producing. They should steer her to that.

Jennifer is very lucky that Danielle is in this cast. Otherwise, Jennifer would easily be the worst person in the cast.

I hear what you’re saying and it’s true Melania doesn’t seem to have much performance talent. However most kids don’t yet they give recitals, dance exhibitions, do plays etc. Teresa’s giving Melania a celebrity mom version of the painfully bad piano recital that family and friends just have to suffer thru. Melania needs some cheering up. She’s Joe’s mini me and it’s clear she misses him terribly poor kid.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

think Marge is free to say whatever she wants but...she does come off a bit like the "ugly american" with her comments about Jennifer's brother. In the sense that because something is different-- it is something to make fun of. Lots of cultures have arranged marriages or set up marriages. Turkey and India to name a few. I think the term mail-order-bride comes across as derogatory in this context.

She had heard the story of their engagement through the filter of Melissa and Theresa so I can understand why she thought that based on what they said. Jennifer herself seems to have at least a few different stories about her brother and this woman’s relationship.

Jennifer was beyond tacky announcing she wasn’t giving her a gift based on a comment not even said to her, say your piece or ask about it but it just made her look small.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, sATL said:

Hot flashes ?

And why do RHO* have to travel by tour van to a wine tasting event ? It getting old. These women have wine cellars / fridges in their homes...

They were going wine tasting, not attending s specific event. These wineries are generally situated within a couple of miles of each other. Getting around by car (or in their case, a bus) is pretty much the only way to do it.

3 hours ago, zulualpha said:

I hear what you’re saying and it’s true Melania doesn’t seem to have much performance talent. However most kids don’t yet they give recitals, dance exhibitions, do plays etc. Teresa’s giving Melania a celebrity mom version of the painfully bad piano recital that family and friends just have to suffer thru. Melania needs some cheering up. She’s Joe’s mini me and it’s clear she misses him terribly poor kid.

Most of those kids aren’t being broadcast on tv for millions of people to see. Huge difference, imo. 

Jennifer continues to be the worst (well next to Danielle.) She clearly had her “shady lines” all planned out before she got on that bus. I’m sure she thought she sounded like a badass with her “reads” but she just sounded scripted and lame. Honey, trust me: even if the other women didn’t say “mail order bride” when they heard about your brother’s marriage—they were thinking it. Get a sense of humor and get over it, capisce (Tre voice)? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

They were going wine tasting, not attending s specific event. These wineries are generally situated within a couple of miles of each other. Getting around by car (or in their case, a bus) is pretty much the only way to do it.

I  was referring to having the cast going someplace else as opposed to always going to a winery, when they have a large supply of wine at home . 

I feel like I've seen the same "outing" over and over on the the different RHO* shows - they get into the tour bus, at least one argument breaks out, which is often enhanced by the wine.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

I think there's a big difference between encouraging your kids to pursue their interests and what's happening here. Milania isn't going to audition after audition or putting years into vocal lessons. Tre is buying her daughter an experience - like a week at fantasy rap camp. But considering the whole show is one big grab at instant fame, this shouldn't surprise me.

and it might give Milania an "out" from filming.. her experience can be turned into an interest, at a later point.

I'm beginning to notice that Audriana is always at "dance" and Gabriella  is always at "practice/game"... Gia seems to be available....

Granted Gabriella doesn't like to film and there are probably legitimate time conflicts, but when Teresa says it - she makes it sound like she is trying to show that the girls are busy and she's a good mom for having them in so many different activities.

I do hope the girls get to attend events (esp. one time or playoff-type  events) of each other. Meaning they're not too busy to support each other. With Milania's personality I am little surprised she didn't say something to her sisters for missing. That would have been a nice little sibling squabble to see.

I wish Gabriella would allow one of her games to be filmed for us.. she must be one hell of a player by now... I've been hearing about soccer for years....

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I think there's a big difference between encouraging your kids to pursue their interests and what's happening here. Milania isn't going to audition after audition or putting years into vocal lessons.Tre is buying her daughter an experience - like a week at fantasy rap camp. But considering the whole show is one big grab at instant fame, this shouldn't surprise me.

I was referring to Teresa encouraging her children to explore their various interests, which she does.  Gia used to be into being a pop star and forming a girl band, then she moved on to competitive cheer. Gabriella is all about soccer, Milania wanted to rap,  The youngest one whose name I can't remember is into dance.  She mentioned that two of the girls couldn't make it to the event because of their conflicting activity schedule.  She seems be extremely supportive of their different interests and I think that's good. 

Now was Milania's performance way more over-the-top than a living room piano recital or school talent show?  Of course.  But Teresa has the means & forum (with the TV show) to provide that.  Milania will have nothing but good memories of the experience,. performing for her friends and meeting Fetty W**.  She'll also be more apt to be comfortable with public speaking/performing in front a group, which will serve her well in the future.

• Love 11

Hot flashes, Dolores?  Same.

Was Milania auto-tuned live?  I didn't know that was a thing.  Gia had a song while Tre was in prison, also.

Audriana & Gabriela could've missed their recital/game to support their sister, just sayin'.

The Marty/Joe/Joe bromance is over, apparently. Also, Marge is hotter than Danielle.

Tre talking about Joe coming home.  Sure, Jan.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

And Jennifer is just mean.  "What a dump" comment when she was in Jackie's house was stupid and mean.  Jackie may be passive aggressive but Jennifer is a mean drunk and looking for a fight.  Funny her absent husband agreed with Jackie's article...…...

Am  I the only one who thought Jen was joking?  I feel like I might say that sarcastically if I went into a friend's fancy bathroom...maybe I have no social skills LOL

• Love 17

Am  I the only one who thought Jen was joking?  I feel like I might say that sarcastically if I went into a friend's fancy bathroom...maybe I have no social skills LOL

I did not take it as joking when she preference that comment by saying there was no way she wasn't going to get inside Jackie's house.  The tone of her comment did not come across as "in a nice way".  But that is just me.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, teapot said:

Hot flashes, Dolores?  Same.

Was Milania auto-tuned live?  I didn't know that was a thing.  Gia had a song while Tre was in prison, also.

Audriana & Gabriela could've missed their recital/game to support their sister, just sayin'.

The Marty/Joe/Joe bromance is over, apparently. Also, Marge is hotter than Danielle.

Tre talking about Joe coming home.  Sure, Jan.

yeah - that was kinda part of my earlier comment. Tre is in charge of scheduling Milania's event - she could have picked a day/time that was a little more available to the other sisters.  I mean the song is what - at most 4 minutes ?

I also wasn't clear was it a just a dance rehearsal vs. full-on recital vs. dress rehearsal for later recital  and/or a practice vs. game/tournament for soccer.  

Gabriella is probably at the level of soccer that if she misses, that will be more work for someone (ie 2nd string/sub) on the team to play her spot. Not all coaches , in any sport, are understanding if a player misses for other than life-and-death reasons.

Tre's girls are at the age/skillset where yes, they can be in 3-4 different directions near/at the same . Would love to hear how she , as a mom of 4 - handles this so that they all can support one another. Surely, she's not the 1st mom to have this scheduling issue, even if Juicy was there.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, teapot said:

32 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

I did not take it as joking when she preference that comment by saying there was no way she wasn't going to get inside Jackie's house.  The tone of her comment did not come across as "in a nice way".  But that is just me.

I thought she was being sarcastic too - as in, you went on about my house but your house is just as fancy as mine type of thing.  It wasn't very nice but I don't think she seriously thought it was a dump.

Why is Jennifer's daughter always screeching?  Good god.  And that half furnished house/echo chamber doesn't help.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, teapot said:

I thought she was joking too. I thought Jennifer seemed to like the rest of the house, so I thought she was joking when she made that comment.

I guess I do not care that much about Milania's song. I think if it gives her confidence and a way to process her feelings about Joe being gone then go for it. Milania looked like she was having fun. I did not really get the impression from Milania or Tre that this was a viable career choice. Milania did make the comment about making more money than Tre, but I did not think she was serious. If this is what Milania wants as her hobby so be it. Maybe she will get better and maybe she won't.

I have to admit I kind of enjoyed drunk Jennifer. 

I have a walk in wine closet, but going to wineries is one of my favorite activities. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Did Jennifer really say, "What a dump?" when using Jackie's bathroom?

She did and I was secretly hoping she said it because someone in Jackie's family left a surprise in the toilet for her to see. 

OMG, I kind of love Jackie even more now.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, snarts said:

I was referring to Teresa encouraging her children to explore their various interests, which she does.  Gia used to be into being a pop star and forming a girl band, then she moved on to competitive cheer. Gabriella is all about soccer, Milania wanted to rap,  The youngest one whose name I can't remember is into dance.  She mentioned that two of the girls couldn't make it to the event because of their conflicting activity schedule.  She seems be extremely supportive of their different interests and I think that's good. 

Now was Milania's performance way more over-the-top than a living room piano recital or school talent show?  Of course.  But Teresa has the means & forum (with the TV show) to provide that.  Milania will have nothing but good memories of the experience,. performing for her friends and meeting Fetty W**.  She'll also be more apt to be comfortable with public speaking/performing in front a group, which will serve her well in the future.

Thank you! I don't think anyone believes Milania is going to be the next Cardi B, but it's something that for now makes her happy and her mum has the means and contacts to make it happen. Hell, Milania probably knows her voice isn't the best, but she's having a blast and that's what matters most. One can say a lot of things about Teresa, but she is a good mother and her children have always been engaged in various activities, not sitting home like lumps turning into sluts like those Zoliack girls. Do Melissa's kids do anything besides play video games and act like brats?

Jennifer got in some good digs but I still hate her.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Anyone else think Danielle was doing a Luann at the listen party? Her hair was different and she had on extra dark makeup. There’s something wrong with her. 

I had posted on another thread last week about Danielle's hair. Not sure what look she was going for. Looked like she had either fried it with some chemicals or used hair products mixed with dirt. I can't stand her but her hair normally looks much better. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, teapot said:

That's the way I took it too.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, teapot said:

3 hours ago, gaPeach said:

If she had made the comment TO Jackie, I'd be more inclined to think it was a joke, but she waited until Jackie walked away and she was alone to make the comment as if she were talking to herself.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, snarts said:

I don't care that Milania can't sing, I applaud Teresa for fostering her self-confidence and allowing her to feel special. It's nice how all the girls have different interests and they're encouraged to pursue them. 

I adore Marge, Danielle is the devil. I bet Marty feels like a fool now. I'm with Dolores, they should've listened to her. Teresa feels guilty for how she treated Danielle all those years ago, shes going hang on way longer than she should. 

This was so scripted and set up I don't think it does Milania any favors...if her mom wasn't a TV reality star there's no way a hip hop producer would be meeting with her let alone producing a record and staging a show...NO WAY! If Milania was the daughter of a nobody she wouldn't make it in the front door. I admire Milania for wanting to sing but let's get real...she can't sing and needs vocal coaching and training. Look at Hulk Hogan's daughter, Brooke...she quit school to devote all her time to training, coaching, writing and piano lessons and even then Hulk had to spend a fortune getting her through the front door of a record producer. I'm afraid that Milania is getting the wrong impression of just how hard it is to be "discovered" and be successful. She's no Arianna Grande, Christina Aguilera or Brittany Spears...they all started out as child actors/entertainers/singers and worked very hard to hone their craft and move on as adult recording artists. And those nails....

• Love 19
14 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Did Jennifer really say, "What a dump?" when using Jackie's bathroom?

Danielle is stirring up shit again. I was living for Dolores and her drive-by, "maybe you'll believe me now."

I love how Dolores said that right in front of Danielle!  Danielle didn't seem to bat an eye.

3 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I agree - it was weirdly said in a quiet whisper, and not in a funny way.  Heather whats-her-name from RHOC always said that, but in a joking, exaggerated way, to the person's face, while laughing - that is the way to do it sarcastically. 

Jennifer is an asshole, and speaking of which... I am living for Marge's comment about her lip liner next week!

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I think Marge is free to say whatever she wants but...she does come off a bit like the "ugly american" with her comments about Jennifer's brother. In the sense that because something is different-- it is something to make fun of. Lots of cultures have arranged marriages or set up marriages. Turkey and India to name a few. I think the term mail-order-bride comes across as derogatory in this context.

It's kind of like someone opening up about themselves and their background and the other person making fun of it. Instead of looking at it as an opportunity to learn about someone else.

ITA.  I don't know what is going on with Marge this season--whether it is that second season curse--but I don't find her as endearing as I did last season.  Listen, I am uncomfortable with infidelity.  People have their right to swing their fist in any direction before my nose begins, to paraphrase.  People are going to cheat on their spouses.  That's a given.  But I don't want to hear about it, and when I do, I am going to sanction it as a way of standing up for my values.  I thought Marge was totally out of line telling that story about going on a date with her mom when her mom was dating a married man, the climax of which was that Marge Sr was hoping the guy would leave his wife.  It gave Jennifer a total opening.  

I think the mail-order bride comment was a minor offense--and it was an offense because it was culturally insensitive--but it should have been dealt with on the bus as quickly as the Jennifer/Jackie/article conflict was dealt with.  I give my take, you give yours, we hug it out (bitch), and that's it.  Jennifer and Jackie made a WWHL appearance together after filming wrapped, and appeared to be very friendly and able to laugh about their transgressions, so I guess something about that relationship is working.

I feel bad about the whole Milania thing on so many levels.  She is utterly and totally void of any demonstrable skills. Completely untalented.  Can't dance.  Can't vocalize.  No stage presence.  You know what would have been better than being prepped by the best, complete with hair extensions and 3" gold talons?  If her dad were home.  None of this would be necessary if Milania had a dad at home to hug her and point her in the right direction.  When Teresa was at Danielle's, she said she just came from visiting Joe, I wondered why didn't she bring her kids?  I think, Milania in particular, would have preferred that to this "performance."  JMO.

The thing that bothered me about the "listening party" the most was that it was being held under the auspices of a child's performance, but it felt more like a season finale.  All of the women gathering to gossip and start shit with each other while they are dressed and made up to the nines.  It is such a striking difference from Melissa's son's confirmation/communion (sorry, I'm not Catholic; I get it all mixed up) a few episodes ago when everyone actually refrained from the bullshit to pay respect to a kid's rite of passage.  Here we have Melissa calling Marge and Danielle together (with Teresa's tacit approval) with the obvious intent of Starting Shit, while Mliania is sitting alone on a couch alone on her phone.  How gross.  How about you adults put aside your petty bullshit for one night to actually celebrate Milania?  Were Jackie's kids even there?  Also, was I the only one who saw Gabriella there?  I wasn't expecting it, because of the aforementioned soccer game, but they showed her at the event right before they showed Gia showing up to greet Melissa.  

Re: whether Marge actually said something against Melissa/Teresa that Danielle is passing on, I think there is something there, or Marge wouldn't have been as reactionary as she was. Last season she was all, "whatever Soggy," to Siggy when Siggy would crack and say cray shit.  Marge's reaction to Danielle's allegation was too hot for there not to be some gold in them thar hills.  If I'm wrong and Marge's hands are completely clean and she literally just said, "trust no one," then she has a horrible poker face.  Why get all flummoxed if a psychopath is taking your words and twisting them?  Why care?  

If Marge were really good on her game (and Teresa and Melissa too), why aren't they asking the obvious question:  Danielle, why were you asking Marge if you should trust us?  

I don't like the use of the info that Jen may have confided that her husband sometimes sleeps in the pool house against her.  Of course I think her husband is cheating!  But it's not cool to throw shit in her face for amusement (or even revenge, unless she really did something beyond the pale).  Jennifer's marriage isn't perfect, but shame on the person who calls themselves a friend/acquaintance on the one hand, but can't wait to drop nuggets of infidelity on the other.  If I get anything about Team Old School Values (I just vomited in my mouth), it's that.  

I think Marty is continuously being ganged up on for being with Danielle, and it's not cool, that's who he picked.  He's paying for it now, trust.  I do think it's fair game for a man to say that women might be jealous of his wife because no one else wants to look at any other women when his wife walks into the room, because that is how I hope every man sees his wife.  He only spoke on it when he was provoked.  I thought that scene was hilarious, as it seemed like it was Joe Gorga who got mad and wanted to get into a shoving match upon hearing those words, but automatically reverted to the more socially acceptable "peacemaker" between Marty and Joe Benigno (sp?) than the being the aggressor.  It's more evidence that Joe Gorga started the fight at the S3 communion. If microexpressions could talk...

I dunno.  Week two that I have been on Team OSV.  Even though I think Dolores's relationship with Frank is obscene.  It was pretty obvious to me that Jennifer was joking about Jackie's house being "a dump," as it was her uneducated way of saying, "hey, I'm not the only one who is living a spoiled life."  That, and Teresa being well-behaved as opposed to Melissa calling the coven together to hash out shit at the worst time possible--Milania's event--and I think they all suck, but Marge and Melissa were worse than the others this time to me.

• Love 2