Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Suspicious Minds

Trini
  • Start Topic

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. As far as I know, Alex never underwent any military training and was never a solder (I'm guessing that the "real" military training takes a couple of years and even then it is an on-going process). She was a scientist in a field of biology when John (can't spell his name correctly) recruited her in to the DEO. Heck, she was not even a scientist, but a student, who dropped out of university! The most she underwent was probably some martial arts self-defence training for field missions, but that's just it. So, I always raise my eyebrow when in this show they mention court-marshalling Alex. Just because she is the Director now, does not make her not a civilian. At most, the penalty she would receive, would be ousting her from her position as a director, if she does not fit the qualifications. Hell, because she is a civilian, no one is forcing her to salute the "higher ranking officer", really. And that's why her staying in DEO is also idiotic. Heilley can request that she be removed from office (cause she's not military). Then what Alex gonna do. I don't know, in my opinion, Alex should have taken Kara's advice and left the DEO. I mean, they could always work with J'onn as private eyes (I mean, he must receive high value commissions, basing on how huge his office is lol).

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Love 1

That was surprisingly the best episode in a long while, certainly of the season. The underlying story of how they arrived at this premise was pretty silly, yes, but the actual premise and the performances were handled very well.

Is Colonel Haley Earth-38's version of Amanda Waller or what? She definitely makes the Wall of Earth-1 look like a pushover. If they actually toned her down a little and gave her some more dimensions instead of just being a cut-out, I might like her character. For now, I just can't wait to see her get her comeuppance.

My favorite part was probably the revelation that there were only 5 other agents that knew Supergirl's secret identity. I kept waiting for one of the extras to say "I'll keep her secret, too, if it means I can get a speaking role!"

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. As far as I know, Alex never underwent any military training and was never a solder (I'm guessing that the "real" military training takes a couple of years and even then it is an on-going process). She was a scientist in a field of biology when John (can't spell his name correctly) recruited her in to the DEO. Heck, she was not even a scientist, but a student, who dropped out of university! The most she underwent was probably some martial arts self-defence training for field missions, but that's just it. So, I always raise my eyebrow when in this show they mention court-marshalling Alex. Just because she is the Director now, does not make her not a civilian. At most, the penalty she would receive, would be ousting her from her position as a director, if she does not fit the qualifications. Hell, because she is a civilian, no one is forcing her to salute the "higher ranking officer", really. And that's why her staying in DEO is also idiotic. Heilley can request that she be removed from office (cause she's not military). Then what Alex gonna do. I don't know, in my opinion, Alex should have taken Kara's advice and left the DEO. I mean, they could always work with J'onn as private eyes (I mean, he must receive high value commissions, basing on how huge his office is lol).

I would not be surprised if the DEO sent some (if not all) of their agents to train with the military

On 1/23/2019 at 5:02 AM, Rushmoras said:

Gee, I wonder, who is Supergirl. Could it be that blond chick that looks like her, hangs out sometimes at the DEO and is Alex sister? Wow, what a doozie. At least Reign wore a mask and had a voice change. What's everyone's excuse for being stupid as a log?

Here's another obvious problem no one has commented on - both Kara and Supergirl are stunningly beautiful blonds (sorry if that sounds a bit sexist).  Both men and women are going to pay close attention to their facial features and would easily see the similarities.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2019 at 8:33 PM, tennisgurl said:

I mean, its like someone took the "Shes got glass, and a ponytail!" joke from Not Another Teen Movie, and made a whole dramatic story about it!

I hope I'm not the only one who caught the connection between this and Chyler Leigh playing that character (Janey) in Not Another Teen Movie.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, golfdj said:

I hope I'm not the only one who caught the connection between this and Chyler Leigh playing that character (Janey) in Not Another Teen Movie.

You weren't. Also, Janey's got a gun.

• Love 1
On 1/20/2019 at 9:33 PM, tennisgurl said:

I bet Russian Supergirl doesent have to take this shit! 

Haley's trying to run Supergirl the way the Russians plan to run her clone. 

On 1/20/2019 at 9:33 PM, tennisgurl said:

Just having her contacts in and her hair down wont change how she looks!

I don't think Supergirl wears contacts - and the lenses in her glasses should be non-prescription!

On 1/20/2019 at 11:25 PM, Trini said:

And how would that even work? There would be huge chunks missing since Alex has known about Kara's powers since she was a teen. Too many things between Supergirl and Kara have been intertwined.

If J'onn could have just made it over to The Good Place, the season finale would have ended very differently!

On 1/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, cambridgeguy said:

What's the alternative?  If she pulls a Tony Stark (or Oliver Queen, I guess) then she can never be a civilian again and all of her family/friends will have a giant bullseye on their backs.  She was stupid for being so cavalier with her secret identity in the first place but coming out now means she might as well buy a tombstone for Alex and Eliza.  I'd say Jeremiah too but the show has forgotten that he exists.

It's also clear that Haley's real reason for wanting to know her identity is not about the idea that nobody should be above the law.  Instead it's because she wants to control Supergirl and can't do so via the chain of command.

Yes about Eliza. I also hope Kara tells her to be careful next time she talks to Alex!

And why didn't Kara ever ask Kal, or maybe Brainy, to help find Jeremiah. That situation is just ridiculous. 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:20 PM, thuganomics85 said:

a) again, Kara didn't at least attempt a "I have no secret identity on Earth.  I'm just Kara Zor-El from Krypton and when I'm not saving everyone's sorry asses, I'm just chilling like a villain!" and

The problem with that is that Alex Danvers has a blonde sister named Kara. In retrospect,  it would have been better is Eliza and Jeremiah had given Kara a different first name when they adopted her, the way Kara used the name Linda Lee in the orphanage (before she was adopted by the Danvers in the comics), but they had no way of knowing what her future would bring. In the alternative,  she should have stuck to using "Supergirl" when in costume,  and not revealed her real name, but I think Astra/other Kryptonians called her by her true name where others could overhear, so that might not have worked. 

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
On 1/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, silverstream said:

On a less serious note, it's very strange that Hank seems to have all the records about the DEO's going's-on in the last couple of years, and not, you know, the DEO. You'd think Pam from HR would have raised some security issues when he just walked out of there with agents' confidential files.

Yeah, how many government files did he take? Arw they copies, or are they originals? How did he choose which ones to steal? They obviously weren't all related to cases he was working on as he didn't even know about the Morae. It was just a contrivance so that Kara could get a break in the case.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse