Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Aftermath

Trini
  • Start Topic

In the aftermath of the quarantine, the staff of San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital tries to return to their normal routines as the Department of Public Health office decides they need to review what transpired to restore public confidence. Meanwhile, as Dr. Audrey Lim recovers from the virus, she and Dr. Neil Melendez navigate their new personal and working relationship, while Dr. Shaun Murphy and Dr. Aaron Glassman try to relax and visit Lea at work.

Airdate: 1/21/19

At the beginning of the Go Kart race, there’s a shot where Lea sits down and puts on her gloves. Then in the next shot, she’s strapping herself into the seat but her gloves are off.

Come on, set supervisors. Watch your continuity!

• Love 2

Quite the interesting change in pace this episode! I liked it. I'd be all for occasional episodes like this, where we get to see these people outside the hospital and learn more about them that way. 

I'm already bracing for the issues that will no doubt come with Park and his ex trying to reconnect, Claire's mom's relationship, and everything with Shaun and Lea. You just know that none of these storylines will be smooth sailing. I felt for Shaun at the end, though. Aw. At least Melendez and Lim patched things up well enough, so yay for that :).

Also enjoyed everything with Claire and Morgan hanging out together. I was nervous about Morgan wanting to go confront that guy-I sympathize with her anger, but yeah, not a great idea for all sorts of reasons. So big sigh of relief that it ended on a much calmer note. But yeah. Would be curious to see more instances of these two interacting outside of work. 

(And speaking of Claire, loved seeing her singing and playing guitar :D! That was a nice surprise.)

As for the suspensions, I foresee a big ol' season cliffhanger ending resulting from all of this. I'm both a bit anxious and very curious to see how this plays out. 

• Love 8

They've usually had at least one song play at some point during an episode, yes. Occasionally they'll have a couple here and there. The one Lea was dancing to tonight sounded really familiar to me-I think I've heard it in a movie somewhere. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

They've usually had at least one song play at some point during an episode, yes. Occasionally they'll have a couple here and there. The one Lea was dancing to tonight sounded really familiar to me-I think I've heard it in a movie somewhere. 

My caption said it was a song by Florence and the Machine. 

I'm not feeling the Melendez/Lim chemistry, either. 

• Love 5

Came in late in the season last year. Do they always play this much music?

They usually have one song of some sort playing over a scene for the characters, but this episode felt like it was unusually filled with musical montages. I started to wonder if they were treating this episode as filler, trying to stretch out the suspense before the "surprise" reveal that most of us already knew because of "next week on The Good Doctor" previews last week, already telling us that they were going to vote for suspension of Lim, Melendez and Shaun. So while I appreciated seeing some of these characters outside of work, I also felt like they were stringing me along, waiting for a pivotal moment or scene that belonged earlier in the episode. I half expected them to close the episode with that bureaucratic woman's announcement about the suspension recommendations - in which case I would have been ticked off, because they'd already told us that it was going to happen so it's not a cliffhanger surprise sort of reveal. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Quite the interesting change in pace this episode! I liked it. I'd be all for occasional episodes like this, where we get to see these people outside the hospital and learn more about them that way. 

I liked it too, but it seemed strange that all surgical residents were off duty on the same (week)day. Did I miss where they said why? Were all surgeries canceled during the investigation? Even if that was the case, there must have been other work for them to do, or at least they could have practiced in the cool VR lab that we saw once and then never again.

4 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I was nervous about Morgan wanting to go confront that guy-I sympathize with her anger, but yeah, not a great idea for all sorts of reasons. So big sigh of relief that it ended on a much calmer note. But yeah. Would be curious to see more instances of these two interacting outside of work. 

I figured Claire's mother was lying, so once Morgan showed Claire the gun, I thought Morgan was about to kill an innocent man. I was really impressed how calm that guy was during the confrontation, that probably saved his life.

Am I the only one who found it disturbing that Morgan made a fake male Tinder profile to spy on Claire? If my coworker had done that, I would try to avoid her at all costs and definitely not go to brunch with her.

I liked Shaun's and Glassman's excursion to Leah's office, but when does that woman ever work? A few episodes ago she stayed home because she thought the fish looked depressed, and now she takes off after lunch for go-karting. I had to laugh at Glassman not getting any food because he couldn't decide. Whenever I go to Google or Facebook for a lunch meeting, I have trouble choosing as well. The struggle is real. ;)

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 9

...Why was uhhh whatever the head guy's name - the one played by Hill Harper - talking to the woman from the state? Even if he was allowed to talk to her, why were they talking without the hospital's attorney present? How did they get even one point of something to look into figured out within hours of starting the investigation?

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I liked it too, but it seemed strange that all surgical residents were off duty on the same (week)day. Did I miss where they said why? Were all surgeries canceled during the investigation? Even if that was the case, there must have been other work for them to, or at least they could have practiced in the cool VR lab that we saw once and then never again.

Maybe it was because of them being involved in the outbreak? But Claire wasn't really involved in the ER, Reznick and Shaun were, and Park was for a bit. I can understand Shaun and Reznick being given time off, Park too (Maybe he took the time off in advance, since he knew about the trip) - but why Claire?

• Love 3

"Why don't we have any other friends?"  - Me: Um, because it's a TV show, so only people in the opening credits count. (I guess. This annoys me on other shows too.)

This was a nice change of pace. Liked seeing everyone outside of work/the hospital. THis was a good 'breather' after all the quarantine stuff.

Shaun/Lea/Glassman: I did like seeing them hang out; but I'm kind of over anything with Glassman and his brain tumor, etc. That sounds callous, maybe, but I feel like if it's leading anywhere, it not leading anywhere good, and the journey meanwhile is excruciating. I do still like Glassman, but not this storyline. The show needs to get back to Shaun being the lead. The possible suspension should be an arc for him. They better not be going back to Shaun wanting to be more than friends with Lea, or jealous of her love life - I CAN'T.

Andrews: I guess he was always bound to lose one of his positions eventually. How long until the investigator's recommendations come back into play?

Lim/Melendez: Secret romance? Willing to see where this goes, although I've liked them as rivals more. Bets on who finds out about the relationship first? I think only a day or two had passed since the quarantine, Lim seemed to have recovered pretty quickly from a deadly virus!

Claire/Resnik: I would have liked this sideplot a whole lot more if Resnik wasn't in it. She really didn't need to be here, or in this episode at all. I guess the writers needed to justify her paycheck and Claire was the only person they could stick her with. For me, it's too little, too late to get me to like Resnik - pairing her up with other character i actually like is not going work. But anyway, this side plot with Claire and her mother should have had more time, or at least more time with the Mom's boyfriend or Claire/Mom. Hopefully this means that we'll see more of Claire's mother in teh future. There has to be a wedding, right? Resnik being a gun owner will come up later too, I guess?

Park & family: Like that we're getting more info on him. Did not like that he's getting back with his ex-wife. I might be biased as a child of divorced parents; but there were good reasons that y'all broke up in the first place, so nooooo.

• Love 7

Bait and switch.  Make it look like Lea, alone in the world, may have changed her mind - but no.  It was probably for the best.  But alone again, Shaun.  That's sad.  Yes, a good man.  Again with the theme what people deserve and what they get are often different.  I hope this is another bait and switch and he'll meet someone soon.

But overall I enjoyed the episode apart from the clunky Claire/Resnick set-up.

Lots of little touches in the knick-knacks of everyday life like Shaun's fidgit-spinner, pictures of Park's police buddies and also Glassman's references to "no flying glass elevators" at the start-up - as in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  They also alluded to that in the 1x03 golden ticket of "Oliver" - Highmore of course being the lead in the film as a boy.

Looks like the suspension issue is going to hang over the series for a while.  I figure regardless Shaun would be OK.  He'd go and work at a med-tech start up and make $1bn with his background.

In the meantime looking forward to next week's episode which features two #actuallyautistic actors.  

Edited by doctor destiny
  • Love 3

I've just started watching and really like this show.  I don't care for Sean's friend.  Something about her really annoys me, though, I sense that I'm supposed to admire her for being a friend to Sean. IMO, she's really clueless if she didn't pick up on how hurt Sean was when he saw her going out with her date.  

I'm not interested in Claire's mother's storyline.  Seems overdone.  I enjoyed the song Claire was doing.  I would have liked to hear more of that.

Morgan gave me the scary vibe.  I hate it when people try to get me to do something that I really don't want to do. Is she normally so insistent? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Morgan gave me the scary vibe.  I hate it when people try to get me to do something that I really don't want to do. Is she normally so insistent? 

She is the reincarnation of Amber AKA Cutthroat B**ch on House.   Both series were created by David Shore.  

• Love 5

I guess I am the only one who didn’t like this episode. It is a medical drama supposedly but has totally become a soap opera. I have no interest in Claire’s mom or Parks ex and son etc except if it impacts on them at work. The Resident has also become a soap of late with evil doers at every turn. I guess there just aren’t enough genuine new medical stories around. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Trini said:

he show needs to get back to Shaun being the lead. The possible suspension should be an arc for him. They better not be going back to Shaun wanting to be more than friends with Lea, or jealous of her love life - I CAN'T.

I was coming to post the same thing. I feel like this show is gradually phasing Shaun out as "The Good Doctor" and Claire is taking his place as the main character. I think the writers have somewhat written themselves in a corner by having Shaun brilliant but unable to handle actually being around people without melting down or blurting out inappropriate things. I really don't think the risk management department of a hospital would let Shaun work directly with patients; he could easily be a researcher or radiologist or something where his diagnostic skills would work well. I know companies have to make accommodations for people with disabilities, but the people have to actually be able to do the job. Technical skill and knowledge is important but you also have to be able to listen to patients and understand what they are telling you and Shaun cannot always do that.

I thought the lunch scene with Shaun, Lean and Glassman seemed forced and a man who recently had brain surgery should probably not be bouncing around in a go cart. I know we are supposed to think Shaun has a romantic interest in Leah, but he really doesn't seem like he has sexual or romantic feelings at all so it doesn't make sense to me. I also don't like Morgan.

If I compare this show to the other medical dramas I watch like The Resident and Grey's Anatomy, I have to say those shows have found a way to have an ensemble cast but to still have the main character involved and front and center in most of the episodes. I like Claire and have nothing against her character, but I want her to take  step back and let Shaun have more featured moments.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I was coming to post the same thing. I feel like this show is gradually phasing Shaun out as "The Good Doctor" and Claire is taking his place as the main character.

Really? I do not see Claire as a main character on this show. I feel like Shaun, Lea, Glassman and Melendez all get more time than her. In the past three weeks Claire has had one side plot last night and was barely in the two parter. There has certainly been some focus on her but she doesn't have any sort of long term plot and she can fade out of the story completely without the show feeling any different.

When Andrews was insulting the woman running the investigation, I was cringing. She decides your future you dumbass. Be nice to her. As much as I don't want to see bad things happen to Shaun, Lim or Melendez, I was pleased when she reported concerning behavior to the governing board for review. Maybe if Andrews had been nice, he could have talked her out of it but he's so ego driven and not at all hospital president material and it came back to bite him here,.

• Love 8

Does Lim want babies? When Melendez was saying he thought them seeing each other was a bad idea, I thought they were going to remind us that he broke up with his other girlfirend because she didn't want kids.

Claire wasn't even the main character in her own story this week. It was more about Resnik. Claire was just kind of there, treading water, while Resnik was being developed and running the plot.

I hate that I think they are making Shaun the "Nice Guy" to Lea's "Manic Pixie." I think it would be better if he was interested in a nerdy woman who shared his values more, and was interested in him. Having him pining is not making me feel sympathetic to him, it's making me dread the inevitable male entitlement story where he the man gets to feel like the woman did him wrong by saying no, and then the woman gets to recant her silly no because she was just scared or something. We (everyone) deserve better. Speaking as a woman AND a person with a disability, I don't want the pity and I don't want the regret. I want compatible partnering with people who don't need to be painted as heroes or martyrs to facilitate an audience accepting their interest.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Does Lim want babies? When Melendez was saying he thought them seeing each other was a bad idea, I thought they were going to remind us that he broke up with his other girlfirend because she didn't want kids.

Assuming they even get that serious. I don't see them lasting that long.

• Love 3

I was coming to post the same thing. I feel like this show is gradually phasing Shaun out as "The Good Doctor" and Claire is taking his place as the main character.

Claire was barely in the biggest arc of the season and wasn't anymore prominent than anyone else in this episode 

• Love 3

So, Sean is being reported for falling to the floor during the crisis, Lim for injecting the man in the lobby who was resisting the quarantine and Menendez for performing CPR on a DNR patient.  The two latter were for the purpose of saving lives, but, Sean.....I think his issues are too risky really.  I wonder why he hasn't learned tools and strategies to help him cope with things like that?  He learned to do that while driving a car, so, he could learn other things too, in order to help with his practice of medicine.  

• Love 1

I liked this episode, it was fun to get out of the hospital and see everyone doing their thing on the outside. I am also quite interested in seeing what happens next with all the plots that they started out, like Park and his ex, and the impending evaluation. 

Claire playing guitar! 

The governors office lady is probably right about Andrews giving himself a promotion and doing two jobs. Especially when he was making everyone jump through hoops to see who would become chief of surgery, and it was...him!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

Does anyone know how to find out the brand/designer of the sweater (sweatshirt?) Lea was wearing in the opening dancing scene (the rainbow stripe tye-dye one)?  I know there are websites that sometimes track clothing from shows, but I'm too old to know how to find them! TIA!

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The governors office lady is probably right about Andrews giving himself a promotion and doing two jobs.

Andrews is Pooh-Bah!  In Gilbert & Sullivan's "The Mikado" several high government officials had resigned.  Pooh-Bah was the character who took over their positions.  And their salaries.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Trini said:

They better not be going back to Shaun wanting to be more than friends with Lea, or jealous of her love life - I CAN'T.

Hate to say it but they definitely seemed to be giving that impression.  Maybe that explains why Lea doesn't have any friends:  Who needs friends when you can get dates?

Where did they say Lea worked?  Because that place looks awesome.

I thought it was nice not to have a case of the week for this episode, I've always liked these kind of "between the panels" types of stories.

The song at the end of the episode, while everyone goes about their business is really getting to be a tired cliche.  Sometimes it can be very effective, but most of the time it's just tired.  They did that at the end of every House too, pretty much.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

Claire was barely in the biggest arc of the season and wasn't anymore prominent than anyone else in this episode 

Please read my post above where I said I was talking about the fall episodes and Claire did have the patient of the week stories. I don’t dislike Claire but simply agreed with another poster that Shaun needs to be the main character again. My opinion only and others can feel differently.

• Love 1

The only good thing about Leah is her musical tastes.

And sometimes her talking with Glassy.

7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, Sean is being reported for falling to the floor during the crisis, Lim for injecting the man in the lobby who was resisting the quarantine and Menendez for performing CPR on a DNR patient.  The two latter were for the purpose of saving lives, but, Sean.....I think his issues are too risky really.  I wonder why he hasn't learned tools and strategies to help him cope with things like that?  He learned to do that while driving a car, so, he could learn other things too, in order to help with his practice of medicine.  

Melendez's is the worst offense by far - the patient signed a DNR, the doctor disobeyed it and performed something the patient explicitly stated he did not want. Even worse, he compelled a resident to disregard the patient's DNR.

I would rank Lim's as the next worst - she gave a man a medication without getting his medical history (He could have been allergic, or been on a medication that would contraindicate the Haldol) or his consent.

By process of elimination, Shaun's is the least bad of the offenses, while still being serious, it is possible to remedy - they could require Shaun to attend counseling - seeing a therapist and an OT familiar with autism - those could help him with his sensory issues.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, rmontro said:

Hate to say it but they definitely seemed to be giving that impression.  Maybe that explains why Lea doesn't have any friends:  Who needs friends when you can get dates?

I thought very much they were implying that she has a lot of one night stands, not many friends.  Her "going out drinking with friends" is tinder surprise?  But then again Jake doesn't sound like a crazy drummer boyfriend.  He looks like a start-up guy.  Nice guy and all. I loved the way Shaun wiped his hand after shaking Jake's andthen looks a bit longingly? at the beer on the table. 

The episode seems a sly reference to lots of these characters not appearing to have much of a life outside the hospital.  Like toys you make stories up about and put away at the end of the day.  Why are Claire and Resnick and Glassman alone?  Why doesn't Lim have other visitors?  Why is Andrews sitting alone?  It's not like Shaun is the only lonely one.

• Love 2
On 1/22/2019 at 1:41 AM, chocolatine said:

Am I the only one who found it disturbing that Morgan made a fake male Tinder profile to spy on Claire? If my coworker had done that, I would try to avoid her at all costs and definitely not go to brunch with her.

I got the impression that she likes to have fun with having a profile and see who hits her up on it.  Also that she knew someone who knows how the algorithms work.  That finding Claire on the site was just a coincidence.

21 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I know we are supposed to think Shaun has a romantic interest in Leah, but he really doesn't seem like he has sexual or romantic feelings at all so it doesn't make sense to me. 

Autistic people tend to internalize their sexual feelings towards others, especially if the feelings are not reciprocated.

11 hours ago, janey99 said:

Does anyone know how to find out the brand/designer of the sweater (sweatshirt?) Lea was wearing in the opening dancing scene (the rainbow stripe tye-dye one)?  I know there are websites that sometimes track clothing from shows, but I'm too old to know how to find them! TIA!

You could try wornontv.com

• Love 2
21 hours ago, possibilities said:

I'm curious to see how soon this comes up. I have a feeling that if she does want kids, she probably doesn't want to any time soon. She's definitely career focused/driven. 

I'm definitely rooting for them as a couple. I like that she will stand her ground and not be pushed around by anyone. I think that the writers can have some fun with that dynamic between the two of them. They have both been in serious relationships that didn't end well, so I'm also looking forward to how they work through that. 

As for the episode as a whole, I wasn't a huge fan. I definitely prefer the show being driven by the medical cases and having more balance.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:51 AM, milner said:

I guess I am the only one who didn’t like this episode. It is a medical drama supposedly but has totally become a soap opera.

You're not the only one.  Why can't there be ONE -- just ONE -- stable family relationship with parents, kids, etc.  That presents its own drama and is more representative of real life hospitals.  Yeah, this is TV fiction, but some sense of reality would be nice.  It seems that on every medical show (at least the ones I watch), the doctors and nurses are all single and most of them are looking to hop into bed with a colleague.  Again -- some of that is fine but there are only so many stories and, after a while, they all seem to blend together. 

The whole state investigation thing seemed rushed.  This is TV land, but it would have been more realistic to have it play out over two episodes -- they all come back from their outings to find they were under investigation.  No way would an investigator leap to conclusions without at least talking to the participants.  And, as someone above said, if there was a potential criminal issue, the individuals involved would have to be given the opportunity to consult with an attorney before making any statements. 

Sean's GF annoys me -- and I'm not sure why.  Glassman actually annoys me this season.  I kind of understand why the writers went with the cancer storyline, but it isn't entirely working for me.  Liked him better last year, though maybe that's the idea.

• Love 3

I'm not sure how to put this delicately, so I'll be blunt- Lim is played by a woman in her late 40's...if Lim isn't a parent now, she'll not going to be barrring adoption or surrogacy. I actually kind of like that, because Melendez was established as not wanting kids which is why he let go of his partner because she wanted kids and he didn't want to waste her time.

I'm also really confused by Park, because I could have sworn during the "formerly obese gay guy" episode, it was heavily suggested that he had been in a relationship with a man when he talked on the phone to his partner and seemed to be using a male name. Did I miss something here?

I came away from Sean's fetal moment on the show thinking that he should practice as a general family practitioner in a small town in Alaska instead.

So I wonder if the throwaway line about Morgan's med school stalker is going to be important later...

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm also really confused by Park, because I could have sworn during the "formerly obese gay guy" episode, it was heavily suggested that he had been in a relationship with a man when he talked on the phone to his partner and seemed to be using a male name. Did I miss something here?

I don't remember the exact dialogue, but I do remember thinking they were being vague on purpose.

1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm not sure how to put this delicately, so I'll be blunt- Lim is played by a woman in her late 40's...if Lim isn't a parent now, she'll not going to be barrring adoption or surrogacy.

Nicholas Gonzalez (who plays Melendez) is in his early 40's, I wonder how old their characters are supposed to be. Yes, I would assume her character is close to being "too old" to have a child, but maybe not quite. It will be interesting if the writers even bring that up.

I don't remember the exact details of the conversations between Melendez and his fiancee from season 1, but I don't remember getting the feeling that Melendez wanted kids soon, just some day. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

Sean's GF annoys me -- and I'm not sure why.  Glassman actually annoys me this season.  I kind of understand why the writers went with the cancer storyline, but it isn't entirely working for me.  Liked him better last year, though maybe that's the idea.

I think people dislike Lea because there's a perception that she's trifling with Shaun's affections, despite the fact that she made it very clear to him she was only interested in being friends.  It appears he is hoping for more.

I've disliked Glassman ever since last year when he insisted on pushing a therapist onto Shaun, despite his repeated protests that he didn't want one.  Shaun's a grown man, he should be able to decide for himself.  Glassman ran a hospital, he should know you can't force treatment on a patient without his consent.  Like him or not though, I'm tired of his storyline.  I don't expect they are going to kill him off, so the quicker he gets through the chemo the better, as far as I'm concerned.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I came away from Sean's fetal moment on the show thinking that he should practice as a general family practitioner in a small town in Alaska instead.

I would totally watch that.

• Love 7

This show is not turning out to be the show I thought it was.

Aside from the lack of focus on Shaun (you know, the Good Doctor), they refuse to cut bait on Lea and Resnick. I don't mind Lim and Melendez - it seems more appropriate- but for a very handsome man Nicholas Gonzalez makes smiling seem so...hard. Park I like; I don't see chemistry with his ex-wife, but she's completely underwritten so who knows. 

Andrews needs to have his wife in there to bounce things off of, Hill Harper had a do a lot of face acting that didn't seem organic to the character. Tamlyn, where ya been?!

I found it strange that Resnick kept calling Claire "St. Claire" when we've seen Claire do sketchy things over and over. For the "right reasons," maybe, but still sketchy. I wish they'd stop trying to make Resnick happen. I still think they waited too long to humanize her and I simply do.not.care.

Lea....gah I can't even get into it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rubyred said:

Park I like; I don't see chemistry with his ex-wife, but she's completely underwritten so who knows. 

Andrews needs to have his wife in there to bounce things off of, Hill Harper had a do a lot of face acting that didn't seem organic to the character. 

You know that the woman who plays Park's ex-wife is his wife IRL?  

Andrews has a wife, just not shown.  He's in too deep.  Be careful what you ask for...

• Love 4

This show is not turning out to be the show I thought it was.

I* don't think you can make a determination on how it's turning out based on this episode, which was definitely a "one-off-er" to give us some color as to the characters background and I am sure some of the thing we heard will form the storylines for these characters over the rest of the season. After all, like Chekhov's gun, you don't bring Claire's crazy mother/Park's wife/Andrew's dual position/Melendez&Lim sex and of course Reznik's gun into an episode and not have them "go off"

Which unfortunately leads us to ......

She is the reincarnation of Amber AKA Cutthroat B**ch on House.   Both series were created by David Shore.

IF only Reznik was as interesting as CTB as a character, the writing was close to as good and Fiona G was even close to the level of Anne Dudek, and not a truly annoying, eyebrow arching over-actor, this could get interesting, but it is not close. It's almost like a badly written and acted caricature of CTB. . Dudek played and CTB was written with some humor and there is none here-both the character and actress are painfully annoying and not in an interesting way.

A storyline about Park wanting to get his family back together and figuring out how a grown-up tries to have work/life balance in a stage of the profession that doesn't permit it could be interesting, but those 2 had no chemistry... Z E R O.....which is amazing since the actors are married in real life.

• Love 2

I could understand Park wanting to get back with his wife and son, particularly after the whole quarantine event, but he still doesn't seem able to communicate well enough to make things any better.  Redneck was over the top in this episode, I wouldn't want her for a friend.

I was happy when Lim turned Melendez away -- can't help feeling like his emotions took a turn for the more serious only because she almost died. I didn't like it when she said she'd had feelings for him for a long time. I just don't see them lasting precisely because of the kids thing, so why even go there. I don't want to see either of them get hurt. And I would love to see adorable little Melendez babies in the future.

When Sean, Glassman, and Leah were driving the cars, I was covering my face with my hands and watching my husband's face. I was sure Glassman was going to crash and mess up his recently fixed head and have a crisis. It just seemed utterly stupid for him to leave the hospital AMA and then ride go-carts.

I felt like Sean might not have felt *as* sad when Leah left with the guy if Glassman hadn't just told him, "You're a good man, you deserve to be happy." And I am still wondering if she does in fact have any friends other than Sean.

• Love 2
On 1/21/2019 at 11:03 PM, Xantar said:

At the beginning of the Go Kart race, there’s a shot where Lea sits down and puts on her gloves. Then in the next shot, she’s strapping herself into the seat but her gloves are off.

Come on, set supervisors. Watch your continuity!

And in the shot after that, the gloves are on again! I happened to read your comment just before the scene aired, otherwise I think I would have missed it. Good catch!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, doctor destiny said:

You know that the woman who plays Park's ex-wife is his wife IRL?  

Andrews has a wife, just not shown.  He's in too deep.  Be careful what you ask for...

Remind me-didn't we see his wife in very early episodes. or am I imagining that? 

5 hours ago, AriAu said:

A storyline about Park wanting to get his family back together and figuring out how a grown-up tries to have work/life balance in a stage of the profession that doesn't permit it could be interesting, but those 2 had no chemistry... Z E R O.....which is amazing since the actors are married in real life.

Joey Tribbiani's theory about this is always right.

• Love 3

Late for this episode.

Interesting that a lot of it took place away from the hospital, but I guess it make sense that most everyone would be on leave for a day or two after everything that just went down.  It wasn't bad, but it reminded me that I actually miss the "patients of the week" and seeing the ensemble play off one another while dealing with cases.

I can't remember where they said Lea works, but that place is nuts!  It's like Google, only ten times more awesome!  Credit to getting that gig, I guess.  The scenes with Shaun/Lea/Glassman were fine, but I really hope they do something to shake up Glassman's story, because I'm still finding it tiring.  Also, poor Shaun is totally going to start crushing on Lea now, right?

Claire's mom returns to cause her more drama.  At least she's got... Reznick?  Poor Claire!

Park and his ex were nice (hey, that's Will Yun Lee's actual wife?!), but I so don't think it will work out.

Speaking of which, Melendez and Lim pursuing a relationship in secret is such a bad idea on almost every level!

Andrews really screwed things up with his attitude, but I really doubt this show is booting Shaun, Lim, and Melendez, so I guess things will turn out alright in the end.

• Love 3

I knew Andrews trying to be a hero (by assuming both President and Chief of Surgery positions at the hospital) was going to come back and bite him. He's not confident enough in his employees to delegate responsibilities to them, and he also doesn't like to look bad in any way. Those two things combined are going to spell disaster for his current situation.

The show will have to pretty much end if Shaun stops being a resident, unless it's at another hospital. I think Shaun, Lim and Melendez will still be with St. Bonaventure when it's all said and done.

I'm not going to assume or hold my breath on Reznick just yet, but she HAS been more likable lately. Her calling up Claire and wanting to hang out was great of her, because in the past, she just picked at certain parts of Claire's life and judged her WITHOUT getting to know her. But Morgan's plan with Claire's mom's BF could have been really, really bad if he wasn't a good guy.

I REALLY hope Shaun meets someone and actually hits it off with them. I like Lea, but if she isn't interested in Shaun romantically and just wants to be his friend, then there's no reason for Shaun to wait for her to be ready. He deserves to be happy, like Glassman said.

• Love 3