Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

The X-Files

16 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I think this might be the best picture ever.

It's completely over my head - who's the guy on the left, and why is it great for them to be doing that gesture together?

It's Giorgio from the show Ancient Aliens (which is presented as real).  It's like worlds colliding.   I'd google Ancient Aliens, I can't describe it wll.  But if X Files and Fox Mulder were real, these two would certainly work together.

• Like 1

Ha! I loved Ancient Aliens and that goofy dude that's on it. Haven't seen that show in forever. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, Bastet said:

It's completely over my head - who's the guy on the left, and why is it great for them to be doing that gesture together?

Heh, it was over my head too.

I do love how Duchovny is such a good sport about everything X-Files related.

I just rewatched a couple from Season 1 - Miracle Man and Born Again. Miracle Man is a little too religious for me, but there's one moment that cracked me up: Mulder and Scully are searching the courtroom where the plague of locusts happened, and Scully asks what they're looking for, and Mulder's like, "....clues???" Duchovny's delivery is really funny, somehow.

I always get Born Again mixed up with Lazarus and Young at Heart, but on rewatch I quite liked it. I like the cop played by Maggie Wheeler, and I like that she makes a lot of the important connections on the case. And all the Chinatown/gangland killing/fishtank stuff is atmospheric enough to elevate a pretty generic reincarnation story; you really understand why this guy would feel compelled to come back from the grave for justice. 

There's a moment I really like, where Mulder and Scully are sitting with the little girl's mother as she reacts to the news of yet another death that her daughter was present at. Maggie Wheeler shows up to talk to Mulder, clearly about something important, but instead of just getting up and following her, he takes a moment to get the mom's attention and tell her gently that he has to leave. And it does take a little bit of time for her to look over at him, just like it would in real life, so we're just sitting there waiting with Mulder. It's the sort of inconsequential little scene that you rarely see, because shows tend to skip over that sort of thing in the interest of time. But it tells you a lot about what a genuinely nice person Mulder is - in the first season, at least. There's also a cute moment when the little girl is working with the police sketch artist/computer guy, and Mulder gets him to put a funny mustache on the face and makes the kid laugh. First season Mulder is a sweetheart, is what I'm saying.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Ok I’m confused about why we can’t reply in all the old episode specific threads anymore?

anyway, I was watching a fan vid (thank heavens they are still being made!) and can’t place this screenshot.  Someone asked in the comments and all that was said was that they thought it was season 6 but I don’t think so, based on Scully’s hair it looks more like season 4. Help?

D6171228-15F6-4F1A-BA6F-555FE0589368.jpeg

I don’t know about the screenshot, but low traffic forums got converted into single topic threads.  

2 hours ago, DaynaPhile said:

Ok I’m confused about why we can’t reply in all the old episode specific threads anymore?

2 hours ago, DaynaPhile said:

Someone asked in the comments and all that was said was that they thought it was season 6 but I don’t think so, based on Scully’s hair it looks more like season 4. Help?

Season 5 - All Souls.

And no, I'm not going to admit how long I've sat here flipping through screenshots to find it.  Heh.

3 hours ago, DaynaPhile said:

It was announced a while back that many forums for old shows and/or those with low-traffic forums were going to be either vaulted and replaced by a single thread or simply condensed (minus posts in the threads for things like games and small talk) into a single thread, and that started happening in December.  XF initially made the cut, but was later vaulted.  So the old forum can still be read, but all new discussion must take place in this thread.  Here's the pinned post on the overall process.

Thanks Taryn! Explains why I didn’t recognize it. Not an episode I rewatch very often. I think I might though just for that gaze. 

1 hour ago, DaynaPhile said:

Not an episode I rewatch very often. I think I might though just for that gaze. 

Ugh, Mulder's just such a jerk in this one though! It never ceases to amaze me how condescending he can be any time Scully's faith comes up.  :/

So I’ve missed the season finale and it’s been removed from Fox streaming. Anyone have a source where I can find it? I know I probably won’t like it but I can’t leave it unwatched. 

1 hour ago, DaynaPhile said:

So I’ve missed the season finale and it’s been removed from Fox streaming. Anyone have a source where I can find it? I know I probably won’t like it but I can’t leave it unwatched. 

Don't do it!

Heh, just kidding.

Do you have Amazon Prime?  It might be available to purchase as a single episode still.  (I'm not sure, I bought seasons 10 and 11 as they aired so they just show up in my video library already.)

I was reading through the IMDB trivia for the ep Home and I found this. Am I really just that dense that I can’t recall another child they had together besides William? It’s not referring to Emily. 

If its a spoiler for the final episode just tell me to go watch  

02B26DD1-6CEC-4A1A-9647-7CC55B31D3E5.jpeg

Edited by DaynaPhile · Reason: Crop photo

I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to go watch that awful episode. 

But, yeah, the answer to your question lies therein.

13 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

And technically, William wasn’t his son either. *sigh*

La la la (fingers in ears) I can't hear you!  

William was the product of those two ridiculousy hot for FBI agents finally getting it on in season 7 on every available surface. Yep. 

• Like 3

As far as I’m concerned, canon officially ended with Mulder and Scully holding their newborn son between them, future as a family being happily together at the end of Season 8. 

Season 9 and forward is just a nightmare dream Mulder was having one night 😉

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

As far as I’m concerned, canon officially ended with Mulder and Scully holding their newborn son between them, future as a family being happily together at the end of Season 8. 

Season 9 and forward is just a nightmare dream Mulder was having one night 😉

Absolutely and completely on board with that! 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, DaynaPhile said:

Oo, there’s got to be some fanfic for that kind of ending out there somewhere....

We already got the perfect ending to the X-files, the alien gives Reggie, Mulder and Sugarboobs the book which explains it all. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1