Type keyword(s) to search

Worst Cooks In America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Not only should Tanya be prohibited from "cashing in" on her crime, she should not be treated as a celebrity.  And, to top it off, it seems like every other talking head is her, and she's not as funny as she thinks...

• Love 11
(edited)

Anne: “When you cut an avocado, just whack the pit.”

Tonya: “‘Whack the pit’ was my original advice to Shane Stant, but that dumbfuck Jeff got confused and asked for the knee instead. I really should have looked for a higher class hitman magazine, like one with sushi recipes in it.”

Tyler: “If it’s loose, it’s going to fall apart.”

Tonya: “Unlike my alibis!”

Guest tortilla maker: “Don’t fight it. As soon as you see the brown spots . . .”

Tonya: “I don’t need anyone to finish that sentence. And I’m not talking about the jail sentence people threatened me with back in the day.”

The scenes of fish being filleted are more gory than all of Herschell Gordon Lewis’s movies combined. I’m slightly worried a human face might get deep fried before the end of the series. (If anyone can tell me which H.G. Lewis movie that comment references, you win my heart forever.)

Alec: “I associate deep frying with third degree burns.” Not exactly the same as a person’s face getting deep fried, but close enough.

Morgan’s facial surgery falls somewhere on the continuum between Pete Burns and Joan Rivers.

I am so happy for Tonya. This is her proudest moment since her “People Are Still Having Sex” program.

Morgan looks like someone from Wilson Phillips or Heart exploded. I’m assuming that’s the look she asked her surgeon/s for.

I have no interest in watching the last six minutes to find out who got eliminated.

Edited by Aerobicidal
  • LOL 5
On 4/29/2019 at 5:16 PM, jcbrown said:

I can't believe Taryn just walked out. So weird.

and

On 4/30/2019 at 3:34 PM, Totale said:

Unusual for FN shows, to me it looked authentic that she walked off (and probably said "Go ahead and sue me" on the way out).  I was wondering if she was vegan or something and thought she could handle it.  She was uncomfortable handling some formerly living product the first week and had to work next to a jabbering asshole, I think chicken feet just went too far.

Last I read about her from a few years ago, she was vegetarian looking to become vegan. I don't think she fully realized that wouldn't be taken into account. Not surprised she walked. I actually warmed to her on OitNB. She gets kudos for the horrible false teeth she had to wear for several seasons for her miserable character, so she's not really a bad sport. 

• Love 4

These people are just so bad. I'm disappointed in myself for watching. The way they hold a knife & fail to understand slicing vs sawing motion vs rocking motion? Oy . There is just no focus. How do they learn lines for acting? 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

Morgan looks like someone from Wilson Phillips or Heart exploded. I’m assuming that’s the look she asked her surgeon/s for.

This is exactly right!

8 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

and

Last I read about her from a few years ago, she was vegetarian looking to become vegan. I don't think she fully realized that wouldn't be taken into account. Not surprised she walked. I actually warmed to her on OitNB. She gets kudos for the horrible false teeth she had to wear for several seasons for her miserable character, so she's not really a bad sport. 

Good to know. I like her on OitNB, as well. If she were Muslim or Jewish, would they make her eat pork? Some aspects of this show are pretty f#@$ed up.

• Love 2
(edited)

Except if you are a vegetarian, you simply explain "I can't eat meat products. How will we work around this?" This is done ahead of time. Being vegetarian isn't new. It's an easy work around for the producers.

I am wondering why all of the cooks had trouble with the tortilla press. I wish that had been discussed.

Edited by rhys
  • Love 2

I think it's the other way 'round:

If you're a vegan who object to handling animal protein, you don't go on a cooking competition show that features animal protein. It's the height of celebrity all-about-me-ism to think they should revamp the entire game just for you.

• Love 23
22 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

The scenes of fish being filleted are more gory than all of Herschell Gordon Lewis’s movies combined. I’m slightly worried a human face might get deep fried before the end of the series. (If anyone can tell me which H.G. Lewis movie that comment references, you win my heart forever.)

Is it 2,000 Maniacs? It's been a while. 

• Love 1

Last week there was no way I would be able to cook that live lobster. And I'm not vegetarian. I would eat it though.  So sue me, I'm a hypocrite.  This week it seemed pointless to have to filet the fish. I know it's just for the show.  It's just  too easy to just go out and buy fish already filleted.  I doubt any of them will ever go out fishing on a boat, catch a fish, and then cut it up.    Surprise they don't have to wring the neck on a chicken, pluck it and then fry it.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Last week there was no way I would be able to cook that live lobster. And I'm not vegetarian. I would eat it though.  So sue me, I'm a hypocrite.  This week it seemed pointless to have to filet the fish. I know it's just for the show.  It's just  too easy to just go out and buy fish already filleted.  I doubt any of them will ever go out fishing on a boat, catch a fish, and then cut it up.    Surprise they don't have to wring the neck on a chicken, pluck it and then fry it.  

The difference is that lobsters have to be eaten immediately after they day because the bacteria starts multiplying on their body and it’s toxic. You can also take a sharp knife and stab it behind the eyes instead of dropping it into boiling water alive. 

9 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Surprise they don't have to wring the neck on a chicken, pluck it and then fry it.  

And then spatchcock it of course...

• LOL 4

Tonya: “I’m pretty handy with spackling and dry wall.”

So that’s what she was expressing during the step sequence in her incandescent “People Are Still Having Sex” short program. I’ve been wondering about this for years.

Kym: “I’m a mallet queen.”

Tonya: [epic eye roll that says, That title has already been taken.]

“Spackle it, spackle it!” “Did it get too hard?” “Just get something in a cup.” The eroticism is overwhelming. “Scrape, scrape, turn.” “I got a fat roll.” I’m starting to think these are all direct quotes from the Showgirls screenplay.

Anne: “Tonya, you had bitter, right?”

Tonya: “Allegedly. But if you look up ‘bitter’ in the dictionary, you’ll see Nancy Kerrigan whining Why me and Oksana is holding up the medal ceremony to cry again and This is so corny.”

Paella = PTSD, hairy onion ends, sausage chopping, my father’s seafoody sausage . . . Paging Dr. Freud!

Jim J. Bullock reminds of more and more of Corky St. Clair in every episode. If he tells Tonya that he hates her and he hates her ass face before the end of the series, I will spackle my seafood sausage.

“Your cockles are open” is a phrase that is highly context-dependent.

Alec: “I now what a crunchy bottom sounds like.” At this point, they really need to retitle the show Worst Euphemisms in America. I would totally audition for that show.

I’m so proud of Tonya. Her interpretation of paella was almost as good as her impression of Tone Loc’s “Wild Thing” at 1991 U.S. Nationals.

"Wildly irregular chicken" is the answer Johnny Weir gives when asked to describe himself in three words at job interviews.

This was a mercy elimination, IMO, although it was interesting to see how telegenic Jonathan is. I will remember him that way, since I hate Jerry Maguire with the fire of a thousand crunchy bottoms.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

It's been clear for weeks that Jonathan wasn't going to make it to the end.  And, to anyone who has ever watched this show, it was obvious that someone from the team with three people would be eliminated.  Jonathan's dish looked worse than Alec's so I was OK with the decision.  I liked him though.  He was amusing and seemed like a nice kid.

I'd like to see Alec and Jim in the finale but I'd be willing to bet it will be Tanya unless she sets the kitchen on fire and Anne can't overlook the disaster.  Anne definitely favors her and I can't imagine why.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, mlp said:

I'd like to see Alec and Jim in the finale but I'd be willing to bet it will be Tanya unless she sets the kitchen on fire and Anne can't overlook the disaster.  Anne definitely favors her and I can't imagine why.

That would be my choice too given who is left. I think it is pretty clear it will be Tanya though and if it is and she wins, I am done with WC-Celebs and maybe WC altogether. This show has become a joke and I won't support FN's support of Tanya Harding.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, mlp said:

And, to anyone who has ever watched this show, it was obvious that someone from the team with three people would be eliminated.

Not so. I've seen them take a member from one team and switch that member to the other team to even out the numbers on the teams. You just never know.

• Love 2

Surprised Jonathan lasted as long as he did.  He was sweet and fun though.   I didn’t think Anne liked him until the end.    

Kim and Alec are extremely loud people.  Keep my remote close to lower volume when they start talk yelling.  

Right now Jim is my favorite.  

• Love 5
On 5/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, Gramto6 said:

That would be my choice too given who is left. I think it is pretty clear it will be Tanya though and if it is and she wins, I am done with WC-Celebs and maybe WC altogether. This show has become a joke and I won't support FN's support of Tanya Harding.

I'm with you, I don't care who wins as long as it's not her.

• Love 9

WTF was that??? This should be on on Saturday mornings with the rest of the cartoons. A cooking show? They give them recipes to follow for the main courses, no  direction? Even Anne and Tyler were cartoonish. I will not be watching any more of the Celebrity WC shows, Don't know if I can even get through the rest of this one!

Tyler was very hyper this episode.  I am not familiar with him he seemed very scattered.  The shouting out all the different ingredients was distracting.  

Everyone in quick challenge did well.  

A little nervous for Alex with that mixer.  

(edited)

Tyler saying, "My soul hurts." was the best part of the show. I feel the same way just watching! 

I can understand these folks don't cook, but they eat. I'm sure most of them, as celebrities, have eaten nice food somewhere along the way. Some of the worst palates ever! Here's another thing: all of them go into major tailspins over the smallest things. Do they act this way when they're working? Really? Because I'd never hire any of them in any capacity after seeing this hot mess. Totally unprofessional. Keep it on an even keel, please. Yikes!

I was surprised when Anne dinged Tonya, but not surprised when no one left. Gives them an even number next week and they'll probably kick off two.

Edited by Ms Lark
sPelin'
  • Love 4
(edited)

They are all actors at some level. It is all drama. Which is why I hate the “celebrity” edition. It’s all preplanned. 

I am still annoyed that Tonya Harding is a contestant. Why is she still a “thing?”

Edited by Westiepeach
I did spell her name wrong. I apologize. My sentiments are still the same. Why is she still a “thing?”
  • Love 6

Every season they have one episode in which no one is eliminated so I wasn't at all surprised, especially when Alec was chosen for the final round instead of Kym who is clearly the worst one left.  I was surprised when Anne picked Tonya because she's favored her all along but that was probably part of the plan.  I'd like to see Alec win but I suspect it will be Tonya.  Why FN (and Anne) even want to be associated with her is beyond me.

• Love 6

I would almost root for Tonya to win the whole thing for one reason. For the sheer shock value on the judges' faces when they realize that they chose Tonya Harding as the "Worst Cook in America." I could just see Scott Conant and that bitchy poser who co-won FNS a few years ago. What was her name? Jess? They'd crap their pants. 

I think that Anne sees Tonya as her rescue mission or something and has a vested interest in her. But ... Anne didn't have a lot to work with from the beginning. That one contestant bailed early. While Jim has a much more sophisticated palate than Tonya and produces decent food, he has a pattern of going off the rails. Anne hates that. Tonya seemed to have gotten more composed and confident as the weeks have progressed and seems to be able to follow directions. (I can't believe I am sort of defending TH). 

Ultimately, from week 1, my choice was "none of the above." I only watched because I was mildly curious about Tonya, but moreso as I'm a Morgan Fairchild fan from back in the soap days. I had a feeling she wouldn't last long. She was doing OK but seemed to just give up during sushi week. I think some of those "celebrities" have it written in their contract for only x-number of appearances. It wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

or the sheer shock value on the judges' faces when they realize that they chose Tonya Harding as the "Worst Cook in America." I could just see Scott Conant and that bitchy poser who co-won FNS a few years ago. What was her name? Jess? They'd crap their pants. 

I doubt they would have a problem with it, ever since I, Tonya was a critical and awards darling there has been a lot of revisionist history painting her as not involved and highlighting her own victimhood.

• LOL 1

Anne's  jelly roll cake looked awful, underbanked and it was cracked. And she was TEACHING  them how to make it!

I cringe every time Anne inserts some skating term into her comments. I believe this was all set up to give Tonya the win, and I hate that.

• Love 11

I wish that people wouldn't be so judgemental of Tonya Harding.  Sure, she's made some poor choices over the years, but it's never been made clear what her involvement in Nancy Kerrigan's attack was.  She was the victim of a highly abusive emotional relationship with her mother; a physically and emotionally abusive relationship with her husband; she was not well educated; her life revolved around the highly competitive world of figure skating; and she was vilified, negatively compared, and mocked due to background and particularly physique compared to Kerrigan, America's darling Princess, with her long limbs and pretty features.

Sorry, rant over.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Well, I'm going to be rooting for Alec and Team Tyler.

Kym's joy and relief at being eliminated was funny.

Sing it. This whole Tonya 2.0 stuff bothers me a ton. I wish she would go back into obscurity. So I guess I disagree with Brookside above.

i was surprised to hear Anne say this group was her best. I have the memory of a goldfish, but this group doesn't seem stellar. They seem shaky & nervous. I am alarmed at their knife "skills."

• Love 7