Type keyword(s) to search

Worst Cooks In America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have no idea who these people are except Morgan who I think was on Friends lol.  There was so. Much. Screaming.   And I only caught the last 20 minutes.

In that 20 minutes I saw enough to make me not want to try any of the food for sheer sanitary reasons.  God bless Anne and Tyler.  I wouldn’t taste that contaminated garbage if you paid me.

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I have no idea who these people are except Morgan who I think was on Friends lol.  There was so. Much. Screaming.   And I only caught the last 20 minutes.

Chandler's mom, yes. That's the only reason I knew who she was 😉

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Chandler's mom, yes. That's the only reason I knew who she was 😉

Yes I thought so!  Ross kissed her and there was some bruhaha.

I didn’t recognize anyone else except Tonya and I wish she’d just off my screen.  Catch some lessons at sur la table and go awaaaay 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Taryn Manning was on something right?  She was clearly under the influence during taping

She was in Orange Is the New Black. She played a meth head who then found religion. I'll let you make your own joke here. 

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I spent the first ten minutes of this show convinced Kym Whitley was the mom from Sister Sister.  

That's understandable... IMO Kym and Jackee look very much alike, right down to their body types and comedic delivery. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm clearly older than a lot of you guys because I remember a bunch of these D-listers from the 70s and 80s.  If you watch Orange is the New Black, you'll know Taryn Manning.  Frankly, she struck me as the only one who was even remotely natural, the rest were throwing shtick left and right.

We should have a contest to predict how long it takes for Tonya Harding to cry.  She almost did already, and it was only the first episode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Well, in a moment of frivolity, I broke down and watched this and it didn't kill off as many brain cells as I thought it would, although I wasn't happy that Jimmy Walker went home first as I like him, and like @Rammchick am old enough to remember who he and Morgan Fairchild are.  And Tonya Harding, ugh.

• Love 2

I have no idea who Taryn Manning is either.  Or Alec Mapa.  Or kim.  Very rarely are there people who are complete strangers to me!  Yikes.  Alec seemed funny and frantic which is why he was cast.  I am not compelled to go back and watch the 40 minutes I missed LOL

im just here for the blind tastings games.  Doesn’t matter if it’s Top Chef or Worst Cooks I love a good palate challenge.  

• LOL 2

Watched this on demand today. It seemed fun.  Not sure who a lot the celebrity contestants are.  A lot of them were a little to on and over the top.  They need to dial it back a little.  I am a bad cook so I would so fit in 😂

how do the choose who goes home?  It seems random.  

Why is Stuart Little kid imitating 🍪 cookie  monster? 

• LOL 1

I didn't understand why it was Tyler who automatically started his team with 3 while Anne started her team with 4.  Even before they eliminated anyone it was clear that Anne had four of those trophies and Tyler had 3.  I was sorry to see Jimmy Walker leave, but with hindsight it appears that they may have only planned for him to be on the first episode as his dish of waffles, eggs, and bacon wasn't the same level of difficulty as the other dishes.

While Tonya Harding was a skating star in the previous century, she is only considered a "celebrity" because of the brutal attack on Nancy Kerrigan.  I wish people would stop rewarding her for that (looking at you Dancing with the Stars and producers of I, Tonya).

I really like Alec (don't remember his last name), Jim J. Bullock, and Morgan Fairchild purely for nostalgic reasons.

• Love 4
On 4/22/2019 at 1:01 AM, LexieLily said:

I spent the first ten minutes of this show convinced Kym Whitley was the mom from Sister Sister.  

Me too!!!  I didn't believe it when I finally realized it wasn't Jackee.  

• Love 2

I made my husband watch part of this to see if he could identify Morgan Fairchild, his celebrity crush from way back when. He didn't recognize her.  She is 69 years old. I think she got s lot of fillers in her face, to hide wrinkles, and she ended up looking swollen.  She always played glamorous sexy roles. 

I hate that tanya Harding is given celebrity status. She needs to crawl into a hole.

Why were Tyler and Ann in BATHROBES at the beginning of the steakhouse segment?

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I hate that tanya Harding is given celebrity status. She needs to crawl into a hole. 

I hate that too. She is a thug and should not be glorified whatever her skating talents might have been at one time.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think they were supposed to be smoking jackets.  Not the wardrobe department's most shining moment.

Ah, smoking jackets! Something none of us have ever worn or seen, outside of movies from the 1950s.  

Looked to me like bathrobes from JC Penney, and I was thinking they were implying Anne and Tyler woke up together, or were smoking cigars after sex?

Some producer made the connection, steakhouse/cigars/smoking jackets. Because that's normal.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

OMG, I feel like  I just watched some sort of cartoon show!! Once Taryn(?) left I knew no one would be eliminated. So fake...

do you think she did the show to avoid jail time or rehab?

Alec Mapa has had bit parts on Seinfeld and other sitcoms.  He has his own comedy show called "Baby Daddy" - worth a watch.  It's about how he and husband become parents.  His charity will probably be something regarding foster parenting.

• Love 3

No idea who Kym is, but she's not funny, and her outfit was an abomination.  And she should have been eliminated because Tyler had to deal with the lobster for her.

Did anyone else think Anne was wearing a (medical) boot in the first scene?

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 7
On 4/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, LexieLily said:

Please watch Kym on "Master of None" - Thanksgiving episode. She plays Angela Bassett's sister - Netflix.  One of the best shows, I've seen!

• Love 3

While Taryn bailed (& she should have been booted for not being a good participant), the wheel probably should not have been quite so bizarre. Maybe weird tapenade, fig jam, stinky cheese etc. I just think tongue, chicken feet etc were pretty "out there."

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Brookside said:

No idea who Kym is, but she's not funny, and her outfit was an abomination.  And she should have been eliminated because Tyler had to deal with the lobster for her.

Did anyone else think Anne was wearing a (medical) boot in the first scene?

Yeah, it was pretty lame that Tyler just did that for her since she was too freaked to do it herself.

I thought I saw a medical boot, too. Did we ever see a full-length shot of her later? I wasn't paying attention.

I can't believe Taryn just walked out. So weird.

I kind of like the young incompetent kid on Anne's team, though I don't know who he is. I also find myself liking Jim and Morgan and I think Alec is funny and sounds like the Cowardly Lion sometimes (though he's too ON here for real life). Other than her freak-out with the lobster, I like Kym, too. No interest whatsoever in participating in the redemption of Tonya Harding.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 5

Sure Tonya, make a joke about breaking bones. I’m sure Jonathan’s holy shit reaction was about something else but I’m going to pretend it was her “joke” because... holy shit.

• Love 3

Holy shit for sure.  I can believe Harding said that, because apparently she thinks she never did anything wrong.  What I can't believe is that the showrunners thought it was something that was worthy of making it to air.  Shame on them.

Usually when a "celebrity" has a downfall and then some kind of redemption tour, it's because that person is considered to have a talent that deserves to be revived, or is funny, or smart, or expresses some kind of contrition--or is just attractive enough that people might want to see him or her again.  None of those is the case here.  I don't know what Harding has to offer, so the sooner she's gone, the better.  Why she was cast in the first place . . .

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Sure Tonya, make a joke about breaking bones. I’m sure Jonathan’s holy shit reaction was about something else but I’m going to pretend it was her “joke” because... holy shit.

7 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Holy shit for sure.  I can believe Harding said that, because apparently she thinks she never did anything wrong.  What I can't believe is that the showrunners thought it was something that was worthy of making it to air.  Shame on them.

Usually when a "celebrity" has a downfall and then some kind of redemption tour, it's because that person is considered to have a talent that deserves to be revived, or is funny, or smart, or expresses some kind of contrition--or is just attractive enough that people might want to see him or her again.  None of those is the case here.  I don't know what Harding has to offer, so the sooner she's gone, the better.  Why she was cast in the first place . . .

That's right, I'd forgotten that "joke."  Shame on the editors, indeed. FN overall did a much better job of casting non-obnoxious or non-terrible people this round with one glaring exception.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Yeah, it was pretty lame that Tyler just did that for her since she was too freaked to do it herself.

I thought I saw a medical boot, too. Did we ever see a full-length shot of her later? I wasn't paying attention.

I can't believe Taryn just walked out. So weird.

I kind of like the young incompetent kid on Anne's team, though I don't know who he is. I also find myself liking Jim and Morgan and I think Alec is funny and sounds like the Cowardly Lion sometimes (though he's too ON here for real life). Other than her freak-out with the lobster, I like Kym, too. No interest whatsoever in participating in the redemption of Tonya Harding.

He is Jonathan Lipnicki. Child star. This might help.

jonathan-lipnicki-then-and-now.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So funny--I just saw a commercial on Food Network for a phone game called Toon Blast with Ryan Reynolds and Brett the bodybuilder from last season.  Brett is playing Ryan's stand-in/body double (that's the joke, how much they look alike) on some film.  He did a good job.  I guess he managed to finesse his time on Worst Cooks into an actual paying gig.  Thumbs-up to him!  He was robbed on the show anyway, and he seemed like a very nice guy.

• Love 15

He [Brett} was robbed on the show anyway, and he seemed like a very nice guy.

I agree.  Brett is pretty much the exact opposite of the kind of man who usually attracts me but I became quite fond of him.  I'm glad he's doing well.

I was glad to see Taryn leave and stay gone.  I thought it was a stunt at first and wondered if it was planned.  I disliked her on first sight so I'm glad she didn't come back. 

I like Jim and Alec although Alec would probably drive me nuts if he's that goofy all the time.  I'm warming up to Jonathan but he seems to work in slow motion which doesn't bode well.  

I was as appalled as everyone else by the breaking bones comment.  FN should never have had Tonya on this show.  Any show for that matter.  

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, mlp said:

I was as appalled as everyone else by the breaking bones comment.  FN should never have had Tonya on this show.  Any show for that matter.  

What is worse is that I think to some extent the show is encouraging the audience perception of her. Cue the quintessential creepy music when Tanya was smashing the garlic with glee with that knife.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, mlp said:

I was glad to see Taryn leave and stay gone.  I thought it was a stunt at first and wondered if it was planned.  I disliked her on first sight so I'm glad she didn't come back.

I thought the whole thing was weird.  Out of nowhere she has a meltdown and leaves, then nothing else is mentioned.  Very strange.  For a while I was wondering if she would reappear.

Alec Mapa makes me laugh in spite of myself.  His Bert Lahr cowardly lion sobbing was priceless!

Tonya Harding should never have been cast here, IMO.  Why should she be allowed to cash in on her dark notoriety?  Attempts at jokes capitalizing on that are in poor taste.  Not funny, and it brings down the humor of the show.  Although she is making herself look bad here so that's its own reward I suppose.  Nancy Kerrigan must look at that and think she's pathetic, like the rest of us. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, mlp said:

Unusual for FN shows, to me it looked authentic that she walked off (and probably said "Go ahead and sue me" on the way out).  I was wondering if she was vegan or something and thought she could handle it.  She was uncomfortable handling some formerly living product the first week and had to work next to a jabbering asshole, I think chicken feet just went too far.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Totale said:

Unusual for FN shows, to me it looked authentic that she walked off (and probably said "Go ahead and sue me" on the way out).  I was wondering if she was vegan or something and thought she could handle it.  She was uncomfortable handling some formerly living product the first week and had to work next to a jabbering asshole, I think chicken feet just went too far.

I was getting a vegan/vegetarianism vibe from her as well.  She seemed really bothered by the meat portion of the challenges but honestly she should have known that would be part of the show.  Really I'm glad that sourpuss is off my t.v. screen!  Jeez talk about resting b!tch face!

Enh I like everyone else on the show.  Yeah a lot are over the top but it's all in good fun and for an hour each week I can handle it. 

YAY everybody!!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

That was a fun show. 

Not knowing a lot about cooking was Anne’s meal a bit easier than Tyler’s? 

I thought the opposite lobster is super easy.

Should I watch that episode?  I hate watching amateurs mishandle live food and awkwardly try to kill it.  I hate they trot them out every season and usually FF.  But intrigued that the weird lady walks out.

The kid in glasses doesn’t look familiar either.  Must be a show I’ve never seen.  

I also will throw in my veto ball for Tonya.  Her agent must be amazing because he keeps finding forums to trot her out for whatever redemption arc they are peddling.  She’s exhausting.

• Love 3