Type keyword(s) to search

Worst Cooks In America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Kind of looks like Tracey is the one to beat, no?

Loving Jodie's laugh. I find her so appealing in this. Though none of them are unappealing, really. Elisa is also working for me, which is odd because I've never really been a fan of either of them before this (not that I disliked them, just neutral).

I wonder if they'll keep switching out the 2nd, non-Anne chef after this. Jeff seems perfectly suited for this show - fits the goofy vibe, is a helpful, positive mentor, and does the required "omg what is happening" beats.

I really hope Tracey doesn't win.  I like her but I just don't want it to be her.  If it's Anne's team make it Elisa or Mark . Tracey isn't a worst cook.  She seems to know stuff and I don't like when they have people who come on this show who do this.  But that's just me.I'd really love a finale between Matt and Mark.. I want Jeff to win!

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, MyMaui said:

.I'd really love a finale between Matt and Mark..

Me too.  They're my favorites.  I also like the woman with red hair.  (For some reason, I can't keep the women's names straight.)

This season has seemed somewhat more believable than a few previous seasons.  No one has done anything totally ridiculous like trying to cut up meat with the back side of a knife.

• Love 2

I'd like, in this order, Matt, Mark, Elisa to win.

Agreed on Tracey -- she did not come into this as a "worst cook".  I don't mind her but I'm not hoping for her to win.

Jeff is great on this show.  His quick humor is wonderful and he's instructive and gently teases the cooks without being mean.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, mlp said:

Me too.  They're my favorites.  I also like the woman with red hair.  (For some reason, I can't keep the women's names straight.)

This season has seemed somewhat more believable than a few previous seasons.  No one has done anything totally ridiculous like trying to cut up meat with the back side of a knife.

That's what I like about this season too. They all have issues but it's not ridiculous issues.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

I'd like, in this order, Matt, Mark, Elisa to win.

Agreed on Tracey -- she did not come into this as a "worst cook".  I don't mind her but I'm not hoping for her to win.

Jeff is great on this show.  His quick humor is wonderful and he's instructive and gently teases the cooks without being mean.

I really like Jeff too. His humor and how he is with his team.  He helps them.  I love when Anne says something snarky to his team he just calmly replies to them.  I'm talking about Jody asking for regular mustard and Anne being all 'I don't know what that is".  Jeff calmly says yellow mustard is in the fridge.  Anne talk to your own team and leave the other team alone.

• Love 6

I don't particularly like Jeff, but with Nicholle gone this is a surprisingly decent way to pass an hour (two was pushing it last night, though; I hope they don't do that again).  I'm rooting for Tracey and Jodie, but I'm mostly just enjoying the camaraderie, the cooking, and that the jokes, while rarely anything that actually makes me laugh, aren't nearly as painful as the last time I tried to watch an episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

My picks for the finale are Tracey and Jodie. Everybody is pretty likeable, but I'm almost always going to root for women to win. Men get enough accolades.

I had forgotten about Tracey and her anorexia. As someone who had an eating disorder, I find the fact that she's on this show really amazing. I understand and can relate to the stranglehold it has on your life. Childhood actors usually always meet tragic ends. She looks so sweet and happy. I can't help but smile when I watch her. Her personality is infectious.

I like how adorkable Jeff is. He and Anne make a good pair. I'd like to see him next season.

Edited by Catfi9ht
Forgot to add my thoughts about Jeff
  • Love 4

Who's the person who tried to cut with the back of a knife? That's just crazy, ridiculous. Even if you don't cook or are a bad cook surely you've used a knife to cut up a meal that was prepared for you. Or you know been to a restaurant where you see other people using knives.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

Who's the person who tried to cut with the back of a knife? That's just crazy, ridiculous. Even if you don't cook or are a bad cook surely you've used a knife to cut up a meal that was prepared for you. Or you know been to a restaurant where you see other people using knives.

There's at least one person a season they show trying to cut with the back of the chef's knife. This season it was Mark in the first episode.

Sheesh I guess I sort of passively watch this show so I must have missed it. I still don't get it at all. I understand people using the wrong utensil/tool if they aren't familiar with them, but a knife (especially Mark who I'm sure eats his fair share of meat] seems like he should know his way around a knife. Now I want to go back and watch Road Rules and The Challenge to see if he ever used a knife in those shows.

2 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

Sheesh I guess I sort of passively watch this show so I must have missed it. I still don't get it at all. I understand people using the wrong utensil/tool if they aren't familiar with them, but a knife (especially Mark who I'm sure eats his fair share of meat] seems like he should know his way around a knife. Now I want to go back and watch Road Rules and The Challenge to see if he ever used a knife in those shows.

For people who don't cook or watch cooking shows, I can see how they would naturally think the straight edge of a chef's knife would be the sharp one.

Growing up, my parents didn't cook anything fresh. All our meals were from a bag, box, or can. We had one sharp knife, a paring knife, and a dull set of steak knives my parents got in a cookware set. None of those knives have a curved edge.

I've also noticed on multiple seasons most people on this show gravitate toward trying to use the paring knife for everything. My theory is that they have a similar cooking situation to mine and the paring knife is their universal cutting tool simply because they don't know any better.

I had never even seen a chef's knife until I started watching these silly cooking shows. I'm self taught and the bulk of my time spent learning and trying new recipes predates YouTube and a bit before recipes were freely available on the Internet. That's one of my favorite things about this show. I get alot of cooking 101 info I've never heard of or seen before.

• Love 3

Beyond the Edge was filmed (if I read my IMDB correctly) in September and October 2021.  I couldn't figure out when "Worst Cooks, Celebrity" was filmed.

• Love 1

I agree that Jeff is perfect for this. He actually seems to be enjoying himself. Definitely contributes to the positive vibe on the show. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I couldn't figure out when "Worst Cooks, Celebrity" was filmed.

In an article I posted upthread, Jodie said they shot it last June.

• Useful 1

I was watching Food Network this morning and it looks like they showed the new episode that I thought would air on Sunday.  I'm shocked.  I won't spoil who or what side won.  I wonder if they are doing this now on Thursdays.  They did this with Chef Boot Camp.

41 minutes ago, MyMaui said:

I was watching Food Network this morning and it looks like they showed the new episode that I thought would air on Sunday.  I'm shocked.  I won't spoil who or what side won.  I wonder if they are doing this now on Thursdays.  They did this with Chef Boot Camp.

They aired two episodes back to back last Sunday. Did you see both of them? Maybe they were re-airing the one that played at 10pm.

45 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

They aired two episodes back to back last Sunday. Did you see both of them? Maybe they were re-airing the one that played at 10pm.

Oh that's it.  Thanks for letting me know.  . I turned it off after the first episode thinking that was it.  I wondered why I saw that one lol.  

Please let it be Tracy who leaves next and not Elisa. Please Please Please. I really hope Tracy isn't in the finale.  She has been a ringer for me from the start.  A final for of everyone but her would be fantastic. 

• Love 3

I haven't come close to seeing all the seasons of this show, but of the ones I have watched, this is by far the most fun. It's as goofy as ever, but somehow seems less frenetic and harsh. I don't know if it's this particular mix of seemingly very nice people or Jeff's presence or what, but I dig it.

Aw, Elisa was so happy when she won the challenge (Won't speculate that she was only named the winner so Tracey's domination isn't as obvious). Glad Matt won over Mark, though there's nothing wrong with Mark. The pair of Jodie and Matt is really cute somehow - their interactions during Matt's cookoff were great. And I could listen to Jodie laugh all day.

This has been a good season although I could do with fewer "special effects."  There's been a lot less nonsense done just for the sake of wackiness.

I was reasonably certain that Mark would be the one leaving based on his and Anne's comments throughout so I wasn't surprised when he was eliminated.  I don't dislike anyone who is left but I'm rooting for Matt.

• Love 2
(edited)

Gee, what a surprise - someone from the Red Team went home, so now there are two on each team.  But Mark's clearly seemed the lesser dish, so that works.

I continue to root for a Tracey vs. Jodie finale, but I'm just impressed with how I've enjoyed this season when I normally hate this show (every few seasons, there's a night when, coming across an episode, I think maybe I'll give it another chance and nope right out after one episode).

14 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Wonder when this was filmed.  

June (per a quote from Jodie in an article I posted upthread).

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 5

Matt and the woman with red hair were my favorites so I didn't really care who won after both of them left.  However, after seeing both meals, I figured the woman who didn't win had it in the bag which made me think the other one would actually win because this show always does that.  Bah.

I like Nilou, don't like Ilan and had no idea who the third judge was.  I was surprised to see Ilan turn up on FN and might not have even recognized him if they hadn't identified him.  He both looked more mature and behaved differently from what I always expected from him.  Maybe he grew up.

• Love 2

I was rooting for Tracey and Jodie from very early on, so it was nice to reach this point and know I'd be happy with whoever won -- I like Anne more than Jeff, but like the two contestants equally, so, without knowing advance what their chosen charities are, I had no rooting interest and could just relax and enjoy.  Great jobs by both, and I love the hug they gave each other when final time was called.

Episode one, I thought Tracey was the strongest cook - reasonably skilled, just thoroughly unimaginative - and was stunned she wasn't the first chosen, and was actually one of the last.  So I'm glad she won, although it circles me back to the fakery I hate about this how.

Since I hardly ever watch this show, is it normal for the finale cook-off to only be part of an episode?  It seemed rushed to have a quick, goofy challenge at the beginning before getting into the big cook, the details of which were shortchanged.  

Random notes:

- Ugh, Ilan the totally unqualified winner from that horrible second season of Top Chef.  He's seriously still on my TV now?  Fuck that dude.

- I laughed at Jodie's Flinstones comment about the giant ribeyes; that's one of the few cuts of beef I like, and when I have a craving for it, I'm always on the hunt for a steak that will feed me for two days, not one that an entire family could dine on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

After Matthew and Elisa was let go I was done.  I can see Tracy staying but Matthew was far better than Jody in every step.  But I guess they wanted this end and shocking she won.  Honestly she wasn't a worst cook.  She was a frazzled cook and to me there is a difference. Maybe Matthew too fit into that but I don't think he knew what Tracy did.  Honestly, get celebs who don't know how to cook.  But they seem to get the same types to win.  Oh well. I can't say I am shocked just disappointed.  Still won't watch. 

• Love 2
On 5/29/2022 at 9:16 PM, SilverLake0315 said:

Yeah. I am not pleased with the outcome. 

Me either!! Must of been other comments from judges than ehat we heard, i was hoping Jodie would win...Tracie just makes me nuts...did NOT want her to win. ...ah well..

• Love 2
On 5/30/2022 at 1:04 AM, Bastet said:

Ugh, Ilan the totally unqualified winner from that horrible second season of Top Chef.  He's seriously still on my TV now?  Fuck that dude.

I don't know who this dude is, but they have food bloggers and YouTubers judge this show so it's not a compliment he's here. 😀

I liked everyone on this show except for Nicholle. Since she was gone early, this season was enjoyable for me. Everyone seemed nice and super supportive of each other.

Tracey and Jodie were my favorites. I'm glad it was them in the finale. As someone who also had an eating disorder, I was rooting for Tracey to win. The finale is always fake on this show, but I thought this one was a little more obvious than average. I was disappointed Tracey's meal was obviously the worse of the two and thought Jodie should have won.

Overall, this season was really enjoyable. I hope Jeff comes back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Based on the judges' comments I thought for sure that Jodie had won-far more (and worse comments about Tracey's food).  Oh well, Anne probably really wanted the win...

I can't stand Ilan based on his Top Chef season-there are so many other people who could have judged this instead of him.  I certainly hope that the Food Network isn't trying to make him happen.

I really wanted Matt to be in the finals as he seemed to really improve during the season.

I did like this season overall and hope that whoever cast this season does the next celebrity season as well and finds more likable celebrities.

• Love 6

I meant to post about this on the night of the finale episode, but seeing this thread active again just reminded me. Could FN have cheaped out any more on the non-winner's cash prize? I was so shocked when they said that Jodie was getting $2,500 for her charity. That's the same amount everyone else got, all the way back to the very first contestant eliminated. Isn't it worth something to make it to the finals and cook a dish that might even have been better than the winner's? At least double the amount, for heaven's sake. I'm pretty sure they can afford it.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I meant to post about this on the night of the finale episode, but seeing this thread active again just reminded me. Could FN have cheaped out any more on the non-winner's cash prize? I was so shocked when they said that Jodie was getting $2,500 for her charity. That's the same amount everyone else got, all the way back to the very first contestant eliminated. Isn't it worth something to make it to the finals and cook a dish that might even have been better than the winner's? At least double the amount, for heaven's sake. I'm pretty sure they can afford it.

No, it was $25,000.

2 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm pretty sure that $25,000 was the winner's prize. I'm talking about the finalist who didn't win.

Oh! Sorry. I misunderstood. I guess I still am running on Monday brain.

• Like 1
On 6/6/2022 at 2:58 PM, Mondrianyone said:

I was so shocked when they said that Jodie was getting $2,500 for her charity. That's the same amount everyone else got, all the way back to the very first contestant eliminated. Isn't it worth something to make it to the finals and cook a dish that might even have been better than the winner's? At least double the amount, for heaven's sake. I'm pretty sure they can afford it.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was like, they can't even give $10k to the runner-up? 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, I noticed that to. I was like, they can't even give $10k to the runner-up? 

Must have gone into the wacky graphics budget.

5 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Must have gone into the wacky graphics budget.

This show would be so much better if they dropped the stupid graphics and uninformative talking heads.  Imagine, we'd actually see more cooking on a cooking show.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Leeds said:

This show would be so much better if they dropped the stupid graphics and uninformative talking heads.  Imagine, we'd actually see more cooking on a cooking show.

It's almost like Food Network thinks that cooking isn't very interesting.

• LOL 3

I like the fact this show doesn't take itself seriously. It's refreshing for a food game show to act like a game show instead of breeding and encouraging toxic personalities like alot of other shows do.

• Love 4

Yeah, I don't mind most of the graphics, really. A lot of them are funny and fit the vibe of this show, which they long ago decided was "goofy". I thought there was a pretty good balance of cooking and silliness with this season.