Type keyword(s) to search

Worst Cooks In America - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Shannon "Kitty Ears" won. She had the more adventurous menu, IMO. 

She had the meal that actually involved some cooking.  Alton's menu was shrimp cocktail, steak, and chocolate-chip cookies.  Seriously?

• Love 3

I thought Alton did pretty well in the finale.  Still cranky but with more humor, and softening the edges toward Leo.  I also liked seeing him give Leo cash for his meat-lovers pizza and then adding as an aside he would personally see that Leo's food pantries were stocked.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Shannon "Kitty Ears" won. She had the more adventurous menu, IMO. 

Thank you.  I'm not surprised at the outcome. Even without the fact that Chef Anne's team member usually wins, I thought that Shannon had the more complicated/sophisticated menu.

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

She had the meal that actually involved some cooking.  Alton's menu was shrimp cocktail, steak, and chocolate-chip cookies.  Seriously?

Given the general sense that Anne's team has been stronger for the past several weeks, perhaps Alton was gently trying to ensure that Leo would be able to put together something comparably tasty.

Edited by tracyscott76

This was the best finale they've had in a long time. Anne seemed to tone down her hyper-competetive shrieking, Alton and Leo seemed to actually like each other, Leo did not get the bad edit he did all season, and I even liked Anne wearing the stupid cat ears. This is the most I've liked Leo all season and the least I've hated Anne out of any finale.

• Love 3

I hope Alton never does this show again.  He was pretty obnoxious - deliberately.  A mentor is supposed to teach and be a positive model, not throw things on the floor and ridicule and berate the student.  Also, as already said, he chose a menu so simple that the judges were not going to be impressed even if the food was cooked well.  Which is exactly what happened.  Leo didn't have a chance.  

I liked Shannon and I'm happy for her but her OTT perkiness would drive me mad in short order.  She really enjoyed being on TV.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, mlp said:

I hope Alton never does this show again.  He was pretty obnoxious - deliberately.  A mentor is supposed to teach and be a positive model, not throw things on the floor and ridicule and berate the student.  Also, as already said, he chose a menu so simple that the judges were not going to be impressed even if the food was cooked well.  Which is exactly what happened.  Leo didn't have a chance.  

Alton seemed pissed off and acted like an asshole just about every moment that aired. I think he was forced to do this show because of contractual obligations with FN and he didn't like it one bit and he let his furious flag fly. I guess this was a big comedown from being the alleged food expert on Iron Chef America, but yo, Alton, remember the reception for your re-boot of Good Eats? The tribe has spoken, buddy. You should be grateful and gracious for still having a paying job on FN.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/9/2020 at 5:17 PM, Mondrianyone said:

I know, at first I thought he was making it as simple as possible because Leo was frankly just not on par with Shannon in terms of ability.  But later I thought it was intentionally over-simplified as if Alton knew the opposition's meal would be more sophisticated, and he was intending to lose.  Because it was in the script for him to lose anyway.

On 3/10/2020 at 1:14 AM, mlp said:

Yes, I was going to say something similar - I think Alton was deliberately obnoxious hoping that Anne would insist that he never be asked to do this show again.  In fact didn't she make a comment about how Alton must be counting the minutes until Tyler comes back?

• Love 3

Alton did a stream chat on YouTube right before the finale. It's kind of weird and not necessarily worth watching. But it does explicitly reinforce what everyone here seems to have picked up on, about only doing it via bargain for Good Eats.

"There isn't anything you could do to make me do Worst Cooks again. There's nothing. Don't even think about it."

Interestingly, Alton said that in advance of the show he had to submit recipes. He picked ones that were good to learn and practical in the home, and then the producers rejected them for being too easy. So it was at that point he realized the premise is phony and decided to play the villain character.

Which obviously didn't work. But it's quite the indictment of where this show went that they had a guy who wants nothing more than to teach about food and managed to sour him on it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 4/2/2020 at 9:34 AM, Rahul said:

Too soon! Too soon!

One season a year is more than enough, Food Network!

In a  normal time, I would agree it would be too soon. Because I'm pretty sure we will still be sheltering in place, I say bring on the idiots and make them dance for my entertainment.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, jcbrown said:

In a  normal time, I would agree it would be too soon. Because I'm pretty sure we will still be sheltering in place, I say bring on the idiots and make them dance for my entertainment.

Yes...that is probably true despite the fact I just don't want to see it...but sad to say I will watch....argh

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

I've only heard of Dave Coulier and Robin Givens.

Yep. That is about it for me as well. Either I am old or are way behind the times to know who the rest of them are. Either way, whatever! I always hated the Celebrity edition. Waaay too much fake over-the-top drama.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Rahul said:

That was a lot of extrapolation by the HuffingtonPost. Her rep never said that she was a lesbian, the statement stated that currently she was in a relationship with a women, which goes to Ted’s initial statement that led to her rep confirming she was dating a woman “I’m not going to put a label on Anne, but she is dating a woman right now,”   Sexuality isn’t binary. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I just saw an ad for the next season of this, another 'celebrity' edition.   I looked at the roster, and only recognized two of them.     I guess they ran out of 'D' list people that anyone ever heard of.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just saw an ad for the next season of this, another 'celebrity' edition.   I looked at the roster, and only recognized two of them.     I guess they ran out of 'D' list people that anyone ever heard of.  

Here is the list, I don’t know what it says about me that I recognize all of them: 

Wells Adams, Johnny Bananas, Dave Coulier, Bridget Everett, Robin Givens, Sonja Morgan and Brian Posehn.

I have never watched the Bachelor so I only know about Wells because he is engaged to Sarah Hyland from Modern Family. Johnny Bananas was on the Real World Key West and a gazillion seasons of the Challenge, Dave Coulier is from Full House and Alanis Morissette fame, Sonja is a Real Housewife of NYC, Robin Givens, actress dated Brad Pitt and was married to Mike Tyson and recently was looking fabulous on Riverdale and Katy Keane, Bridget and Brian are comedians. I have adored Brian since I first saw him opening for Patton Oswalt a gazillion years ago but I imagine they will hammer home the nerd jokes with him (he was a recurring character on The Bog Bang Theory). Most of these people are still working regularly so I actually think it’s less of a washed up cast than normal.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Suckeredin said:

Did we really think Dave Coulier was funny at one point?

I can only speak for myself, and that's a big N-O. 

Since "celebrity" Johnny Bananas is incredibly annoying, there's no doubt he'll be in the finals. 

Edited by Superclam
Johnny, not Joey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Superclam said:

I can only speak for myself, and that's a big N-O. 

Since "celebrity" Johnny Bananas is incredibly annoying, there's no doubt he'll be in the finals. 

And did he spoil this season of The Challenge

Spoiler

when he said he was a 7 time champion and then corrected it to six and did a Shhh sign?

• Love 2

Most of this group is highly annoying but I'm glad Tyler is back.  I couldn't stand the "housewife" and I lost track of how many times I saw her run both hands through her hair and then go right back to cooking.  The two young guys aren't nearly as amusing as they think they are.  Juvenile.  The heavy-set woman in a green tank top and red pants should have let someone else pick her outfit.  She looked awful but I rather liked her.  The only one I'd ever even heard of is Robin Givens so I don't have the names of any of the rest of them straight yet.

I watched the "worst dishes" special that came on afterward and the most interesting part was seeing the changes in Anne's hairstyle.  Yike.

• Love 2

I kind of liked Wells Adams, but I like Sarah Hyland and admire her for her fight against kidney disease, so probably transferred that on to him.  I do think he truly would like to learn to cook.  Dave Coulier was just annoying, as was that Brian Posehn guy.  The housewife woman - I couldn't look at her because her plastic surgery frozen face kept freaking me out.  The Johnny Banana guy was just dreadful, and I wish Robin Givens would quit playing the helpless woman and focus on learning to cook.  Being extra isn't a good look on her and she doesn't give off that vibe in any interview I have seen her in before - I always think of her as a reasonably competent woman.  I think the other woman (Katy) might end up being a contender but we'll see won't we?

• Love 2

I didn't know who all these so-called "celebrities" were, but I was actually entertained for the duration of the episode...and it even ran half an hour longer than usual. I usually detest the celebrity editions, and this is probably the most I've ever not minded one. Am I alone?

• Love 2
On 4/27/2020 at 12:30 AM, biakbiak said:

Here is the list, I don’t know what it says about me that I recognize all of them: 

I have never watched the Bachelor so I only know about Wells because he is engaged to Sarah Hyland from Modern Family. Johnny Bananas was on the Real World Key West and a gazillion seasons of the Challenge, Dave Coulier is from Full House and Alanis Morissette fame, Sonja is a Real Housewife of NYC, Robin Givens, actress dated Brad Pitt and was married to Mike Tyson and recently was looking fabulous on Riverdale and Katy Keane, Bridget and Brian are comedians. I have adored Brian since I first saw him opening for Patton Oswalt a gazillion years ago but I imagine they will hammer home the nerd jokes with him (he was a recurring character on The Bog Bang Theory). Most of these people are still working regularly so I actually think it’s less of a washed up cast than normal.

Yea I actually know all but one of these people, and for the same reasons. But still surprised we are pretending Wells can’t cook when he posts cooking videos regularly. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Superclam said:

Two episodes tonight? I don't have the energy for that. I'll catch the second one tomorrow. 

It ended up being one 90 minute episode and then some kind of best of mess that I didn’t watch.

That grease fire...I’m afraid somebody’s really going to get hurt on this show someday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I watched the "best of mess."  LOL  It was mostly goofy stuff but I did enjoy seeing Joshie again.  

I didn't understand why they kept that housewife contestant (who is terrible) because that made the teams uneven.  Now they've sent home one of the guys so there are 2 on Tyler's team and 4 on Anne's.  I wonder how they'll handle that.  

Robin Givens seems to be the most "normal" and the brightest of the remaining contestants but then..................  She married Mike Tyson so maybe not.  🙂  I'll be very surprised if she doesn't make final 2.  I'm guessing Wells for the other.  He's cute when he stops horsing around.

• Love 4