Type keyword(s) to search

Will & Grace

I'm glad Will was as horrified to find out that the guy he was flirting with was married with a baby. He was disgusting. I wonder if the "rule" about not dating a work colleague is normal in that situation? It sounds pretty restrictive.

• Love 6

I love Andrea Martin so I enjoyed ZuSanna. And it was a nice callback to Zondra. Eileen Brennan really did pass away recently. I wonder how she would have felt to know her character "was cleaning her gun when she fell out of a window. Then six months later had a heart attack and died."

Did anyone else feel like there was something cut from this episode? When it came back from commercial to Karen and Malcolm in Grace's office it seemed like they were in mid-conversation, or that there had been a prior scene with Grace arranging for them to meet.

I'm also a little confused about the trajectory of Karen and Malcolm's relationship since so much of the last few seasons of the original show have been retconned. Did Stanley fake his own death in this new timeline? That's how Karen and Malcolm wound up together in the first place.

• Love 6

I've never enjoyed Malcolm and Karen so I wasn't ecstatic when Alec Baldwin popped up on the screen, This episode wasn't as consistently funny as last week but it still made me laugh. And I;;m glad that Will was horrified that he almost dated a married man.

• Love 4
On 2/22/2019 at 6:25 AM, bichonblitz said:

What happened Jacks fiance? That was a stupid storyline if the writers have decided to ditch it. At least put an end to the relationship or something. 

He is a flight attendant.  Always on the road (the air?).  One thing that the show has learned is that it is better when the "significant other" of each of the main four characters is conveniently off-screen.

Presumably, Grace is still dating "Ross Gellar".

• Love 4

I totally forgot David Schwimmer was part of this show until I was checking out the Will & Grace pag on Wikipedia and saw him listed as a Special Guest Star. And my response was 'Oh yeah, that was a plot point earlier in the season.

• Love 1

Grace: "I'm going to give you thirty seconds of tough love..."

Karen: "Alright, but no car antennas and stay away from the face."

I howled!

I love Malcolm, always a treat to see him. Alec Baldwin looks like he's having fun in the role, and he and Megan Mullally have great chemistry. Then again, MM would have chemistry with a coat rack.

The cold open with Will and Jack was funny. More great chemistry, they play off each other so well. 

• Love 7

Loved the bike shoes turning into tap shoes and pretty much anything with Karen.  However, Grace giving "relationship advice" is beyond believable and Andrea Martin was just too much and not funny (in my opinion).  Basically I was really disappointed in this episode and feel like the writers may be running out of ideas/steam.  

• Love 3
On 2/23/2019 at 6:06 PM, bichonblitz said:

That's right! What happened to him? These writers are so lazy. 

The producers barely have time to feature each of the four leads. We will probably get a throwaway line at some point, but why waste valuable script time with even an explanatory comment ("the curmudgeon is off visiting his granny." or "The curmudgeon has his twerpy kid this weekend")  Life happens offscreen.  Not mentioning something makes it easier should they decide to lay out some additional cash and bring back the character.

• Love 1
On 2/22/2019 at 10:45 AM, Snow Apple said:

The baby was a cutie pie but is it just me or did she seem extra big for that age? I feel bad for the husband and hope he kicks the creep to the curb soon. 

Hopefully, he finds out what a creep his husband is soon so that curb-kicking can happen.  It depends on how good creep is at covering his cheating tracks.

• Love 2

Will finally gets a boyfriend. About time. Otherwise, not a great episode. Don't like the Val character and I knew Grace would end up sitting on that nest. Okay, that was a little funny but still mostly a boring ep.

• Love 3

I did crack up at Matt Bomer's crying jags and Grace's hair when she finally showed up at her office, but yeah - not the strongest episode. Although I have always liked Val and it was great to see Molly Shannon again. "Cat's can't be doctors. They can only nurses."

• Love 9

Jack was completely unbearable in the first half of this episode. I mean, I'm used to him being obnoxious, but this level of sadism was just over the top.

That's been my least favorite thing about the new seasons. They'd already made the characters unlikeable enough during the original series, but now they're making me hate most of them.

I also think they reached a point of diminishing returns with Molly Shannon's character a long, long time ago.

• Love 4

I don't understand why NBC didn't show an episode about Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day, considering that was a Thursday.  It also would have made more sense to show an episode where Karen is still sad and thinking she'll never find love again before the episode where she reunited with Malcolm.  Earlier in the season, they were showing episodes out of order to try to highlight David Schwimmer, thinking (incorrectly it turned out) that this would give a ratings boost; now it's like they're avoiding his episodes, saving them for after sweeps!

• Love 11

I really enjoyed Karen this episode. Probably because she wasn't with Jack. Megan Mullaly was stunning in that pink lace dress.

Also enjoyed Jack admitting that Will has a better body, is thinner and his hair is real! Eric and Sean have great chemistry. The scenes of these two together are the only scenes of Jack that I like. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Megan Mullaly was stunning in that pink lace dress.

Agreed. 

I felt for her being so lonely. Aw. 

I really love when Will and Jack have their little heart-to-heart moments. I also liked Will and Estefan totally messing with Jack. Estefan's comment about Will needing to be inside his mouth once made me laugh. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Karen did look awesome in that pink dress. It's my favorite item of clothing I've seen on this show. I couldn't look away.

I found the Will and Estefan thing pretty good. Will was committed to seeing that one through to the end. And he got Jack to admit that he's not fat. That's huge! 😋

Edited by festivus
punctuation. it matters
  • Love 10
(edited)

The only part I disliked was Grace deliberately pushing an old lady down. Grace is clumsy but would never do anything so horrible on purpose and didn't even remember or care until she found out the lady was RBG. They could have set up the joke a different way without making Grace so out of character. 

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 4

I enjoyed this episode and agree with a previous poster that it should have been shown on Valentine's Day.

The only improvement for me would have been for the older woman that Grace pushed down to not have been a celebrity-but that others would have expressed outrage that just an older woman in general had been pushed out of the way.  I don't like the message that it only mattered to Grace because of who it was.

• Love 7

good episode, but couldn't get over the Valentine theme. I love these episodes that tailor to holidays, but only when they are shown near the holiday. I thought Grace knocking down RBG and the resultant outrage to be really funny, and liked the supposed RBG radio address absolved the person (Grace) who pushed her. Was a good comedic take on the unusual interest people take in RBG's wellness and the NY state of mind vis a vis cabs. Enjoyed Schwimmer and Karen -he got his first dose of full on Karen weirdness, a lot for anyone to take. Wasn't as crazy about the Will / Estefan / Jack storyline but that's okay. Good ep overall.

• Love 4

The only part I disliked was Grace deliberately pushing an old lady down.

Actually that was my favorite part. I liked when the neighbor showed up to accuse her and it turned out Grace had stolen her salad as well. The neighbor was funny. Often (maybe too often) the guest or bit parts are the best parts of the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The Will/Jack storyline really didn't make any sense to me.

Why would the only two options be "you told Will to be nice to me" or "Will is in love with me?" Why would Jack go along with that premise?

• Love 4
(edited)

Plot point nitpick.  Noah's laptop was a Google Pixelbook, which is a cloud based Chromebook, there's no way it'd be "the only" copy of his latest romance novel.

Edited by beartrash
  • Love 5

I am just not feeling Estefan. I just do not see Jack with him at all. I can't believe of all the boyfriends that Jack has had, that this is the one he is going to marry.

• Love 8
On 3/7/2019 at 10:21 PM, KWalkerInc said:

I don't understand why NBC didn't show an episode about Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day, considering that was a Thursday.  

I think the W+G producers expected their "second half" episodes to air right after the start of the New Year.  So they plotted accordingly.  I don't think this show was out of order.  In the opening scene, Will is phone-chatting with Matt Bomer's character.  And we just saw them re-start their relationship.

• Love 4

I was so upset by this episode. I don't understand how the show can ever expect me to "enjoy" Grace's father for his bigotry and Will's mother for still wanting to be married to that man. I will never watch an episode featuring these two again.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

This while episode felt icky.

I think it was supposed to. I can see why Will is tired and just wants to “be”. I wish Karen was a part of this and wanted to see her go all “Julia Sugarbaker” on Grace’s dad. No one treats her Wilma like that. Or should treat anyone like that. I can’t believe a hospital would even consider the request.

• Love 15

They really need to stop with the Jack as an actor, Karen getting involved schtick. I fast forward every time....it's so boring. I love to see Jack with Will, Grace with Will, Karen with Will. Hmmm....is there a common denominator here? 

I used to enjoy Blythe Danner as Will's mom. She's not so likeable now. 

• Love 4

Wow. And I thought the portrayal of Grace in last week's episode was bad. Grace has always been self-centered, but has never been someone I'd expect to shove an elderly person to the ground to steal her cab.  Now they have her dad be homophobic (or at the very least, ignorant) out of the blue. And yes, WTF was up with calling Marilyn "Mom?"  Jack and Karen are not funny. I think I'm done with this re-boot. It's been pretty terrible all the way around, and I don't know why I've watched it this long.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 2

Why does Grace insist on calling Marilyn "mom?" She was middle aged when Marilyn became her stepmother and was never a mother figure to Grace before that.

Well, considering that Grace and Will have been best friends forever, she knows Marilyn pretty well. And since her own mother recently died I can see where she'd want a second Mom. That said, it was presumptuous on her part to just start calling her that.

They really need to stop with the Jack as an actor, Karen getting involved schtick. I fast forward every time....it's so boring.

This is really the weakest part of the show. We've discussed how distressing it is that none of these characters have grown in the last eleven years, but it's worse for Jack because he's just as infantile as he was in his 20s and it's not cute anymore, it's pathetic. Nobody should be encouraging his whims - clearly this "play" is stupid beyond belief. He needs to grow the Eff up and get a real job.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Well, considering that Grace and Will have been best friends forever, she knows Marilyn pretty well. And since her own mother recently died I can see where she'd want a second Mom. That said, it was presumptuous on her part to just start calling her that.

I simply can't imagine calling another woman "mom" especially under those circumstances. Perhaps another affectionate nickname but not "mom." YMMV

• Love 5

It's too bad the show never followed through on the student nurse thing for Jack, back in the original run. He would have a legitimate career now, and could do some acting on the side. That would make the occasional silly play he does funny, instead of kind of pathetic. 

I did enjoy Will's little speech about being tired. It was spot-on. Going to marches and making phone calls and collecting signatures feels vital and meaningful and important at 25. At 50, not so much. He stated that really well. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, DXD526 said:

I did enjoy Will's little speech about being tired. It was spot-on. Going to marches and making phone calls and collecting signatures feels vital and meaningful and important at 25. At 50, not so much. He stated that really well. 

I liked that scene, too. His frustration came through loud and clear. 

• Love 7

The more I think about it, the less sense the whole blood storyline makes. \

The show gave the impression that they drew Will's blood because the hospital didn't have any AB on hand, and it was an emergency - but Grace's father also had the luxury of waiting for the "straight blood" to arrive. (I guess a shipment was on the way?)

Was it an emergency or not?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Blakeston said:

The more I think about it, the less sense the whole blood storyline makes. \

The show gave the impression that they drew Will's blood because the hospital didn't have any AB on hand, and it was an emergency - but Grace's father also had the luxury of waiting for the "straight blood" to arrive. (I guess a shipment was on the way?)

Was it an emergency or not?

That very situation would not even happen. Blood comes from an accreditied blood bank. There is more to testing than the a, b, o typing. They also check for diseases, antibodies the receiver has that would fight the blood. The only situation a direct donation would occur today, would be during a large scale disaster.  Especially since they live in NY, they would be able to find a donor.  
I know they wanted a way to show Grace's dad as homophobic, but this was a realistic way of portraying it.

• Love 8

I didn't mind the blood storyline at all in a general sense of what I thought it was trying to accomplish where blood was concerned. I wasn't a fan of what it does to how the audience views Grace's dad though. But I thought the show was just calling back to a time when there was a perception that blood from gay men was tainted in some way. That men who had sex with men, which is how the FDA refers to it, were given a lifetime ban for donating blood until a recent change. That they have improved the law in this area, but that it is still highly prejudicial and subjects them to a one-year deferral from giving blood. So this may not have been the most well written and executed storyline the show has had, but I wasn't questioning why they did it.

As for them being in NYC and there being a donor around? New York has blood donation shortages just like everywhere else does. And for a rare blood type? Even more so. Nothing about that is unrealistic. They were asking for donations on the local news a few weeks ago when I was visiting my sister.

• Love 5

Know what guys, I think this reboot has gotten very very very stale already....I'm through. But I will say that the Red cross blood drive calls me all the time for my AB negative blood, let me tell ya. And I am too light weight to give, but I do it anyway when they need it. I call the gals at the Red Cross vampires because they literally LUST for my blood. Ha. Piss on Grace's dad.

• Love 3
On 3/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, aemom said:

Why on earth did they go there and make Grace's dad a homophobic ass?

This isn't directed at you, aemom.  It is just an honest question about the tone of posts regarding this episode.

Grace's father has never (that I recall) showed any homophobic behavior towards Will or Jack.  He is elderly, and there was a time when it was taught that gay men were often infected with (sorry, Idk the correct term) HIV/AIDS.  Maybe he just never got newer information.  Finding out while he was in pain, likely nervous, and not in control of his health wasn't the best time to process this new information.  Also, it was not explained to him in the same detail as Will explained it on the balcony.  Grace went immediately to losing it.

My mother says things because she just doesn't know better.  She does not have a mean or hateful bone in her body.  It really is "the times."  Even when presented with current information, it takes her a bit of time to change her decades-old way of thinking (dear god, the utter personal hell and regret I went through before, during, and most of all after getting her to switch to a smartphone).  Once out of the workforce, social circles often get smaller and not much new information comes in.

I just don't think he was really being homophobic, unless I do not have a clear understanding of the word.  This was specific to what/how he was educated on male homosexual blood.

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, DXD526 said:

It's too bad the show never followed through on the student nurse thing for Jack, back in the original run. He would have a legitimate career now, and could do some acting on the side. That would make the occasional silly play he does funny, instead of kind of pathetic. 

It also reminded me of a lot of conversations going on around civil rights - African American people being tired of having to constantly explain / defend themselves. It was almost an exact quote of many posts on twitter/IG over the past few months.

When can a person ever rest and just "be"?

• Love 7