Type keyword(s) to search

Will & Grace

3 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

Most overdone tv storyline - people unknowingly getting high - never funny 

Oh I beg to differ! Will and Jack were great, and Karen singing in the laundromat was a hoot.

The trope was also done hilariously on Frasier and The Big Bang Theory, off the top of my head.

• Love 9

I liked the part where Karen was first shown performing, and then they showed what was actually going on (her singing into a hot dog while sitting on the machine).  It was nice when they showed her performance later though (except for when it was interrupted by the huge message on the screen saying to watch the whole performance on YouTube).

The shows always seem to have a weird pacing now, maybe because they have to stick in a one-minute commercial break and then later have one that feels like it takes approximately four hours, then another break right toward the end of the show.  Why can't they have the breaks at normal times?  I've been watching the older episodes on demand, and they have a better flow.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

Most overdone tv storyline - people unknowingly getting high - never funny 

I completely agree. I hate that it's always played for laughs.  This episode was absolutely terrible all the way around.

• Love 3

For my money this is still one of the funniest sitcoms on TV. I watch a bunch of them on Thursdays and this is the only one that actually makes me laugh out loud. The sexually suggestive t-shirts gag was great. Yeah it was an easy joke but Sean sold it like he always does. 

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

For my money this is still one of the funniest sitcoms on TV. I watch a bunch of them on Thursdays and this is the only one that actually makes me laugh out loud. The sexually suggestive t-shirts gag was great. Yeah it was an easy joke but Sean sold it like he always does. 

Big Bang and Young Sheldon elicit chuckles, but Will & Grace and Mom usually have me rolling.

• Love 6

I had always thought a "Fame" homage, where Jack drags Karen to some audition and he sings a duet with her - poorly - but she just shines and gets a part in whatever production they're auditioning for would have been a perfect showcase for Megan's exceptional voice. But this was fine too, and am just happy they gave her a chance to sing full out. 

• Love 13

I was wondering if that was really her - I didn't know that she was a singer, and her Karen voice is so crazy I didn't think both sounds could come out of her mouth!

Other than that, this was a really weird episode - I wish the three story lines hadn't been so disjointed. Wouldn't it have been wonderful to have the other 3 see Karen sing like that? Or all 4 of them get high? Or Will call Grace on her stupidity with her sister?

• Love 5

Apparently Grace (or the writers?) has never heard of bisexuality?

Of course she has. But she also knows her sister, who is straight, and an opportunist. 

I was wondering if that was really her - I didn't know that she was a singer, and her Karen voice is so crazy I didn't think both sounds could come out of her mouth!

Yes Megan can really sing. There was a caption that said you could see her sing the whole song on the W&G YouTube channel (which I didn't know existed until now). I also thought it was a nice touch that in the fantasy sequence, Karen was wearing the same dress Judy Garland wore while singing that number in A Star is Born. 

• Love 7

That woman DID steal her shoes, because as the credits rolled, you could see the front of the laundromat and she was walking barefoot on the street. 

It was a silly plot but this show has always been fabulous at physical comedy, and for that alone, I enjoyed it.

Megan has a stellar voice, it was great to hear it.

• Love 7

Megan Mulally was on Seth or Colbert the other night. ..I watch both on dvr, one after the other,  and rarely watch guests,  so can't remember.  

She is just awesome as an actress and singer.  

Megan and a younger woman (20's ) have a singing act called The Kate. ..a quirky funny extremely clever quasi-dance and vaudeville big mugging synchronised action that is fascinating to watch.  They were on PBS one night.  

Catch it if you can.  Really different and fun like Megan (and her manly-man hubbie, Nick--whose books are so great that my 30 year old son loves them.  

Loved Jack's delivery of tshirt lines. Love Grace for her earnestness in trying so hard.  Love Will for being calm, sane and hot.

• Love 8
On 2/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, Snow Apple said:

Why do they keep hinting that Will and Jack are end game? What I love is their friendship antics.

I didn't interpret it that way. I think Will and Jack are platonic soulmates, in the vein Will and Grace were presented to be in the original run. There aren't very close friendships between men on TV, especially gay men, and I adore them together.

• Love 14

I don't like Mary McCormack as Janet Adler, I just don't think shes suited to comedy. I've really liked her in dramatic roles I've seen her in but shes just not good in this and looks far too put together and young to be Grace's screw up older sister.

Perhaps its because I thought Geena Davis was a great guest star when she played the role but I just don't find this version of the character funny.

Chelsea Handler is also not a good actress, I get that they probably cast her because her and Mary McCormack are best friends IRL but they were the weakest part of a not great episode.

Made me think back to the lesbian couple that Chloe Sevigny and Edie Falco played where Edie was really businesslike and Chloe was a lesbian who was only interested in men but that was infinitely better acted and written.

• Love 2

Why do they keep hinting that Will and Jack are end game? What I love is their friendship antics.

This is starting to bug me too. I hope they aren't going there because it feels incestuous. Will and Jack are more like brothers than anything else.

• Love 3
On 2/1/2019 at 11:39 AM, gesundheit said:

Apparently Grace (or the writers?) has never heard of bisexuality? Why does TV always go straight to, "I'm a lesbian now!" In other news, Megan Mullaly is one of nature's most perfect creations.

It was Janet who proclaimed she was a lesbian. Grace was just going by what her sister said.

Agree that Megan Mullaly is fabulous!

On 2/4/2019 at 3:08 AM, maggiegil said:

I don't like Mary McCormack as Janet Adler, I just don't think shes suited to comedy. I've really liked her in dramatic roles I've seen her in but shes just not good in this and looks far too put together and young to be Grace's screw up older sister.

Perhaps its because I thought Geena Davis was a great guest star when she played the role but I just don't find this version of the character funny.

Chelsea Handler is also not a good actress, I get that they probably cast her because her and Mary McCormack are best friends IRL but they were the weakest part of a not great episode.

Made me think back to the lesbian couple that Chloe Sevigny and Edie Falco played where Edie was really businesslike and Chloe was a lesbian who was only interested in men but that was infinitely better acted and written.

I like Mary McCormack as Janet much more than Geena Davis - she never rang true for me as Grace's sister. McCormack looks the part and I think she's pretty funny. Chelsea Handler was eh, ok. Agree thought that Edie Falco and Chloe Sevigny were great as the lesbian power couple.

• Love 4

i hate the new previously tv set up. have to click 6 times to get to something. show are hard to find. hate it. 

i'm shocked that was really karen singing. it looked like she was lip syncing. it sounded SO professional. wow, it makes me really jealous when someone has more than one great talent. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Each show should be no more than 1-2 clicks away.  Maybe the "Tour" Dave put together will help you.

No, I agree with the other user. The new setup is horrible.  Will and Grace isn't even listed in the index of all tv shows and the search turned up nothing, then when I finally found it I clicked the subscribe button and it didn't show up on my homepage like the other shows I subscribed to did. 

• Love 11

@Karen885 = if you look in the Tour Related Questions thread, you will see that's all been addressed several times, and is due to re-indexing and will be resolved next week.

Also, even with the re-indexing going on, this show is easily visible under Other Comedy Shows.  You can also go to the Followed Content.  All these answers and suggestions are in the thread linked above, too.

image.thumb.png.e25d5a9723404b43cf0aafda9e068b3c.png

All that said, please take all further questions and complaints about the changes to Tour Related Questions thread linked above, or the general Bugs, Questions and Suggestions forum.

I'm hoping Jack doesn't marry his fiancé. I don't know whether its because I haven't spent enough time with the character but I just can't get the vibe that these two are destined to life partners. Also doesn't help that I don't find him particularly funny.

• Love 2
On 2/10/2019 at 9:36 AM, Karen885 said:

No, I agree with the other user. The new setup is horrible.  Will and Grace isn't even listed in the index of all tv shows and the search turned up nothing, then when I finally found it I clicked the subscribe button and it didn't show up on my homepage like the other shows I subscribed to did. 

If it's still not on your homepage, unsubscribe and subscribe again. I had to do that for a few threads.

• Love 3

I liked this episode for the most part (certainly better than the "Weekend at Bernie's" style humor last week), but why the retcon about Olivia and Mason's mom?  (I know they gave her name once, but Karen usually just called her First Wife.)  They could have said that she died during the time between the original series and now and had the same ending with Olivia and Karen, but they seemed to give the impression that she died when the kids were really young.  I just watched an episode where teenage Olivia came to visit for Christmas because her mom was getting plastic surgery (I think having some of Mason's fat put into her).  This was during the time before Stan came back from faking his death.

• Love 1
On 2/10/2019 at 8:35 AM, msrachelj said:

i'm shocked that was really karen singing. it looked like she was lip syncing. it sounded SO professional. wow, it makes me really jealous when someone has more than one great talent. 

They would have recorded the singing first in the studio, and then during filming, she would have been lip syncing with her own vocals. So, she was kind of lip syncing. 

• Love 2

good episode all around. Loved Jack and Grace trying to diet and then realizing they actually look pretty good (for their age). And a good plot with Olivia, Karen, and Will in his Judge Judy robes. At first I didn't like the "Will as law professor" storyline, but now think its great.

• Love 8

I know it shouldn't bother me when they recast characters that only appeared in one episode during the show's original run but somehow it does. That's not the same Olivia, and the actress (Aya Cash) is fairly well-known because she has her own show over on FXX. 

True, we only ever saw Olivia once in the show's original run, and true, we only ever saw Will's ex or Grace's sister, but the shows have been in perpetual rerun for the past eleven years. Any fan of the show knows those episodes were iconic for the very reason that it was the only time we ever saw important characters. 

It probably also speaks to the fact that reboot (or whatever you want to call it) is comparatively weak. I still get a few chuckles out of it but thus far I've seen no compelling reason why it needed to be revived. It has the same air of staleness to it that the last couple of seasons did in the original run.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Jack and Grace licking the croutons then Grace hoarding one in her mouth! That entire scene was hilarious.

It was pretty good. I was dying when Jack told her to "Release it!"

I liked this episode better than last week's which I didn't really have anything good to say about. Well, I do like Mary McCormack, so one good thing I guess. This one I liked the story with Karen and her stepdaughter. Got no problem with her being recast with Gretchen from You're The Worst because I like the actress. I, too, cracked up at Will's lacy Judge Judy collar. 

• Love 5

I've noticed that the last few episodes have had one story line that is heavily dependent on physical comedy.  I think that's a smart move,  because that is one thing that I have always found that these four actors are very good at.

• Love 7

I had thought that with all the years of so many "Will is fat jokes" the Jack/Grace worrying about being only "Disneyland thin" and sparing over croutons couldn't get any more awkward, but then Will waltzes in, exactly the same thinness he's been for two decades, and both Grace and Jack seethe at his thinness and his complaint that he can't gain any weight.  What gives?

Edited by ahpny
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It probably also speaks to the fact that reboot (or whatever you want to call it) is comparatively weak. I still get a few chuckles out of it but thus far I've seen no compelling reason why it needed to be revived. It has the same air of staleness to it that the last couple of seasons did in the original 

"Stale" -- that's a good word. I stopped watching this season because it makes me sad these people haven't grown in a decade.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Reality police said:

Coming in late and I haven't read all postings, but has anyone else commented or noticed that Will is becoming George Hamilton? That tan is something else. Is it just me?

I haven't noticed the tan. His skin does seem a bit tight.

• Love 2

I enjoyed Megan and Alec. Their chemistry is great. Also enjoyed Will and the colleague. Wasn't expecting the boyfriend and baby to show up. What I don't enjoy is Sean Hayes overacting when it comes to those acting class scenes. I know that's Jacks persona but still it grates.

What happened Jacks fiance? That was a stupid storyline if the writers have decided to ditch it. At least put an end to the relationship or something. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I enjoyed Megan and Alec. Their chemistry is great. Also enjoyed Will and the colleague. Wasn't expecting the boyfriend and baby to show up. What I don't enjoy is Sean Hayes overacting when it comes to those acting class scenes. I know that's Jacks persona but still it grates.

What happened Jacks fiance? That was a stupid storyline if the writers have decided to ditch it. At least put an end to the relationship or something. 

I agree with all this. Jack's storyline was actually making me angry because teaching was a smart choice - realistically, you often have to give up your "dream" for the security of insurance,  steady pay, etc. I thought Zusanna was just awful, but not in a funny way.  

• Love 4

I agree. I always hated Jack's acting school storylines with the mean over the top teacher. And this new one is even worse.

The baby was a cutie pie but is it just me or did she seem extra big for that age? I feel bad for the husband and hope he kicks the creep to the curb soon. 

• Love 1