Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Robin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I'm not going to hate on her too much for her car meltdown.  When I was pregnant with my twins, I had to take several trips to Indianapolis (3 hours from my home).  I was way heavier than I normally am, and I always hurt a LOT by the time I got home.  Ten hours in a car sucks for anyone.

• Love 5

Is it jus me?  I notice Garrett calling his aunt just "Robin" and to me it's weird.  I always all my older relatives "Aunt Name (pet name, not full first name)"...

Edited by Hellga

How do they drive from other states and always manage to arrive directly for their appointments? Heck, I have trouble going through Boston traffic and getting to appts on time.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

I'm not going to hate on her too much for her car meltdown.  When I was pregnant with my twins, I had to take several trips to Indianapolis (3 hours from my home).  I was way heavier than I normally am, and I always hurt a LOT by the time I got home.  Ten hours in a car sucks for anyone.

I live in southern Indiana. Are you close to me?

5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Why, dear god, WHY, do these 600-pounders insist on eating MEXICAN FOOD during long road trips?!

Mexican food—FULL OF BEANS.

I'm glad they don't have smell-O-vision.  Can you imagine how the Jeep smelled?

• Love 6
Just now, Hellga said:

Is it a cultural thing?  I notice Garrett calling his aunt just "Robin" and to me it's weird.  I always all my older relatives "Aunt Name (pet name, not full first name)"...

I call my aunts by their first names, too. I think it was a first (and way spoiled) grandchild thing, though, because it’s definitely not a cultural (Southern) thing for my family.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

How do they drive from other states and always manage to arrive directly for their appointments? Heck, I have trouble going through Boston traffic and getting to appts on time.

They got there the night before and stayed in a motel 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

Amen sister. Somerville here. Whenever I see states where you can just drive without traffic it truly amazes me.  I’m in awe!

• Love 3
Just now, 88Keys said:

What is Garrett's relation to Robin, and is he going to be a patient of Dr. Now, too?  And how old is he?  (Sorry- I missed the beginning).

Nephew. It appears he is going to be a patient too. I think he’s in his early 20s (maybe just 20)

1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

What is Garrett's relation to Robin, and is he going to be a patient of Dr. Now, too?  And how old is he?  (Sorry- I missed the beginning).

Garrett is Robin's nephew and he's 20.

1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

I live in southern Indiana. Are you close to me?

Southern Illinois.  I live in a small town on the river.  I lived in Evansville, Indiana for a couple of years when I first got married.

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Late to the party but why is the whole family wearing camouflage?

They're from the Midwest.  It's a fashion staple.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

No, the boyfriend was the abusive one who almost killed her for getting pregnant.    The she married the first husband in her early 20's, divorced him for cheating by 26.   Moved home to take care of helpless dad (I hope someone stomped on his oxygen hose), and dying sister.    Then she met James (?) and they got engaged on date #2.     All the way from Kansas to Houston in one day?   Does James really think that's going to happen?  

Thank you for that kindred spirit.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Dollardraw said:

Meade is one county over from me (SW Kansas on the OK state line) - the whole trip to Houston should have taken 10 hours.  I don’t really see how it took 10 hours just to go through Oklahoma!

With all that fat pushing down on their bladders they probably have to take as many bathroom breaks as a woman nine months pregnant.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Is it just me or is it just not possible for them to be in as much pain as they claim they are? 

No I believe she’s in that much pain. She’s carrying the weight of THREE obese women on her body every day. All day. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, preciousperfect said:

Amen sister. Somerville here. Whenever I see states where you can just drive without traffic it truly amazes me.  I’m in awe!

We moved to Iowa from Seattle. Aliya jr has the nerve to complain about the traffic here. Smooth sailing, except right on campus and on game day.

Shoot, I missed the weights.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

"I'm starving!" says Robin.

It's physically impossible to starve when you're morbidly obese, Robin.

Learning to discern psychological hunger from REAL physical hunger is the first step...

"You have 800 pound of food in you!"

2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Is it a cultural thing?  I notice Garrett calling his aunt just "Robin" and to me it's weird.  I always all my older relatives "Aunt Name (pet name, not full first name)"...

Me, too. We had family friends who we called "Auntie" and "Uncle" (don't really know why; their kids didn't call my parents that) when we were kids but switched to just first names when we got older, but actual aunts and uncles we've always used the title.

3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'd love to have a talk with the  nurses who work for Dr. Now. I bet they have seen it all. 

I'm always wondering what's going through the head of the dark-haired one.

1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

Nephew. It appears he is going to be a patient too. I think he’s in his early 20s (maybe just 20)

He's 20; his dad was supposed to go with her but he had a heart attack.

• Love 4