Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Robin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Robin and her brother Chris are both obese and already lost a sibling to obesity.  They plan to visit Dr. Now together when Chris suffers a stroke and can't go. However, Chris' son Garrett, already 600 lbs. at 20, may join the journey with his aunt.

This is the LIVE CHAT thread for Robin's Story.  It will open during the US East Coast showing. 

It's a potential two-fer, or three-fer!  It's a family that had the potential to be on Family by the Ton.  Will they succeed? Will they fail?  Will we snark? Yes, we will. 

• Love 4

Pounders, What do we do? We avoid discussing how money is being snatched from the public's wallet for the participants unless it’s specifically revealed on the show. Anything else is pure speculation not to mention also a slippery slope toward talking politics. 

Hey'all doin'?! 

My eating habit tonight was scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast (folded into a taco-like configuration), and water with a splash of tart cherry juice. I will probably have some hot cocoa for dessert, and/or maybe some salted caramel yogurt.

(And ugh, "Sister Wives" was a Jeopardy clue tonight. I'm sure we will see some ads for it. Ugh.)

Okay, let's do this!

• Love 2
Just now, LizzyB said:

Happy to be here tonight with you all for my first live chat this season!

Welcome! 

Her legs look like they're at a weird angle. That looks painful. 

Why do they all have these little toilet cubbies?

• Love 3

OK, she can't have knee replacement, I assume, because of the weight & anesthesia, etc., but why can't she have the shots? My 88 yr old  mother gets those 2x a year and is fine. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, String Theory said:

Oh no!  the obligatory bathroom shot occurs.  why do TPTB feel it necessary to show these folks actually using the toilet?

She was just sitting on the lid. Not using the toilet like last week. 

• Love 1

Hello my lovelies! Can it be that we could pull a hat trick tonight and have another poundticipant really make an effort and have a measure of success? We'll see.

My eating habit tonight is roasted chicken and potatoes, and okra and tomatoes.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

She was just sitting on the lid. Not using the toilet like last week. 

They’re in such a small space it really doesn’t matter at this point whether or not they are actually using them. The imagination takes over.

Edited by Wanda
Grammar
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

OK, she can't have knee replacement, I assume, because of the weight & anesthesia, etc., but why can't she have the shots? My 88 yr old  mother gets those 2x a year and is fine. 

Probably wouldn't do much if anything for her... 

• Love 1
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Hello my lovelies! Can it be that we could pull a hat trick tonight and have another poundticipant really make an effort and have a measure of success? We'll see.

My eating habit tonight is roasted chicken and potatoes, and okra and tomatoes.

We had that last night minus the okra. We had asparagus. Hubby would not be pleased if okra showed up on the table. 

• Love 1