Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Contrails

shapeshifter
  • Start Topic

I just don’t get this they all blame the pilot crap. The plane went missing for five years, no one aged, and no one knows were they were, etc. how in the world could anyone believe that it was somehow the fault of the pilot?!!?!?

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I just don’t get this they all blame the pilot crap. The plane went missing for five years, no one aged, and no one knows were they were, etc. how in the world could anyone believe that it was somehow the fault of the pilot?!!?!?

They think he is either behind the conspiracy or at least knows more about it than he has let on.

• Love 3

People just like to blame someone for a tragedy or problem, so I guess people decided on the pilot, as they had no one else to really blame. It makes zero sense that people would think he could have done anything to change the outcome (if anything, its pretty impressive he apparently drive through space and time and got everyone home eventually!) but I guess I can see it. I guess they assume that the guy behind the wheel had to know something, even if it really seems like he didnt. 

• Love 2
On 1/16/2019 at 6:57 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Shouldn't it be getting close to Christmas by now ?  The plane returned in November, yet still no signs of decorations and no one seems to have a Christmas tree.
And no sign of snow or cold weather, even though it snowed in the very first episode.

I don't think I've ever seen a TV show have Christmas decorations on set when it wasn't originally airing in December, or maybe November.

33 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

People just like to blame someone for a tragedy or problem, so I guess people decided on the pilot, as they had no one else to really blame. It makes zero sense that people would think he could have done anything to change the outcome (if anything, its pretty impressive he apparently drive through space and time and got everyone home eventually!) but I guess I can see it. I guess they assume that the guy behind the wheel had to know something, even if it really seems like he didnt. 

I keep thinking about the "blame" part. Isn't a plane moving 5-years forward in time kind of a miracle? I bet lots of people would be trying to replicate what happened to make a time machine.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

keep thinking about the "blame" part. Isn't a plane moving 5-years forward in time kind of a miracle? I bet lots of people would be trying to replicate what happened to make a time machine.  

Exactly! You would think if people truly believed he was responsible he would be revered, maybe scared of him but not shunned and blamed.

11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Exactly! You would think if people truly believed he was responsible he would be revered, maybe scared of him but not shunned and blamed.

@biakbiak, no amount of logic, common sense, or intelligent argument you can bring to the discussion is going make you right with regards to this show's illogical, unreasonable, ignorant plotting.

• Love 7
On 1/16/2019 at 11:32 PM, Moose135 said:

The airport scenes from this episode were shot at Republic Airport, in Farmingdale on Long Island. 

Great post Moose125!  You gave me an idea for an article. In it I make reference to your post, and offer side by side comparisons between the way the Charlie gate scene appeared in the episode and how it appears in real life (using Google Street View).  It's too much to show here, so I will provide a link to it.  https://manifest828.com/2019/01/19/manifest-se-1-ep-11-behind-the-scenes-at-republic-airport-on-long-island/

• Love 2

I find the whole thing bizarre.  This situation wasn't a crash or accident.  They time traveled!  Unless the twist is that the pilot is a wizard, the idea he is being "blamed" for a supernatural event is just strange. 

I do secretly hope the season ends with the pilot suddenly returning from the future telling Ben and Grace that something has to be done about their kids. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I find the whole thing bizarre.  This situation wasn't a crash or accident.  They time traveled!  Unless the twist is that the pilot is a wizard, the idea he is being "blamed" for a supernatural event is just strange. 

I do secretly hope the season ends with the pilot suddenly returning from the future telling Ben and Grace that something has to be done about their kids. 

And I hope the pilot returns to tell Ben that no one out in TV Land in the future gives a freak about Ben and his soap opera loser of a stupid family and that The Pilot & Fiona (great name for a group) are taking over as the stars of Season 2.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, green said:

That is funny! I like that.  But I have a slightly different theory of what might happen. I think it has less to do with Back to the Future (although time travel is definitely in the mix), but more to do with Ground Hog Day.  Rather than copy everything into this post, allow me to give a link to my article.  

Manifest: An explanation of why the plane exploded and what season 2 might look like

• Love 1

So, if the gov't was guilty of making the plane disappear the first time, could the captain and fiona have a chance at remembering it all since they did it on their own when they come back?

Cal is starting to give me a Carl from the Walking Dead vibe.  They couldn't keep track of him when he was young either.

Edited by kelslamu