Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Strangers in Paradise

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Marsh said:

Side note, can you believe this show is 15+ episodes long.  They leave us hanging week to week for 3-4 months.  It's crazy.  Well that's not entirely true.  Some weeks are boring filler episodes that I don't care about as much.

Really 15 episodes?? I thought they are married for eight weeks to decide!!!

Gosh, are they really go to drag it out???

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

They should've just put them all in a room to match themselves.

Would be interesting to see who Luke picks...

That’s the best idea.  Put them in a setting like the speed dating thing.  Talk for about 20 minutes, see if you want to continue or not.  I think they have something like that now.  If it were me. I’d probably know in the first 2 minutes.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Really 15 episodes?? I thought they are married for eight weeks to decide!!!

Gosh, are they really go to drag it out???

They already are. We're four episodes in and still on the honeymoon, and odds are good we'll be there for at least one more. They didn't even show all four weddings in a two-hour episode.

• Love 4

Let’s guess right now.  I think Will and Keith should change partners .. A.J.and what’s her name stay together, and Luke & Kate hit the road.  Am I right?  And get rid of the three experts who can’t match for shit.

• Love 4

Add me to the list of guys here that want to punch that sloth fetish Puke in the face every time they show his annoying stupid smug smirk and/or grin on the show.

By the way, you ladies are also free to join us in the "  I want to smack that stupid smirk off his stupid face " PTV club lol

Edited by STRIDER1
  • Love 6
On 1/22/2019 at 11:36 AM, red12 said:

I'm not trying to hate on Jasmine's career. But, I have very little faith in that Assistant Director job title. It could be a glorified admin position and replacement for $ depending on the industry. Reality shows are very loosey goosey with those job titles when it's not something obvious like kindergarten teacher or radiology technician.

Think of all the account managers and businessmen/women on the Bachelor and Bachelorette. I am also suspicious that a high responsibility job would allow the kind of time commitment that a reality show requires. 

It may be a nonprofit or something similar. Or maybe something in health care. Those are industries where that kind of title is  common. But either way, she has a graduate degree and owns her home. 

I do wonder how people can get on these shows and not have it affect their jobs. At least this came up with Jon a couple of seasons ago. And I do understand some if the participants habr jobs where this wouldn't matter. I remember jepthe was nervous on his wedding day and mumbled about he's a teacher. But everything that happened since then was so public and inappropriate, yet it seems to not have interfered with his job. 

• Love 2

Regarding Luke and Kate:

Not to beat a dead horse about her smoking, but I'm pretty sure that during the on-camera interview he mentioned smoking when asked what could be a deal breaker. I definitely remember one of the guys saying it.  I'm pretty sure it was Luke, but I could be misremembering.

Either way, there's no reason to use a phrase like "dead inside" and "repulsed". That's what makes him a jerk, IMO.  He doesn't have to be into her -- that's totally fine. I can think of many nicer, less assholish ways to tell someone "I'm not feeling it with you". 

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

But either way, she has a graduate degree and owns her home. 

So she owns her own home but expects him to pay all the bills. Except for a few small ones, maybe. Will she add his name to the house if he's expected to pay for it? Will she sell, move in with him and put the proceeds in a joint savings account or keep all the cash and expect him to pay the mortgage on the house they end up in. I don't remember, does he own a home?

• Love 2
On 1/16/2019 at 12:49 AM, humbleopinion said:

As soon as Kate asked a pertinent sloth question, Luke gets sloth jealous and he acts pissy. 

Why was Kate trying to interrupt Luke's first date with the Costa Rican zookeeper?

• Love 3

Luke, sloth keeper, sloth...his fantasy sexy time threesome....

Kate cockblocked by coming along...she should have taken the hint he wanted to see the sloths alone...she didn't deserve to see sloths by her lack of sloth knowledge and glaring lack of sloth plushes in her possession...

• Love 3
On 1/23/2019 at 7:58 PM, humbleopinion said:

Jasmine T. McGriff, MHS

Assistant Director of Adult Community Residential Programs

Big job title for a big corporation that runs residential  homes.

Kudos to her...

To my experienced eye, that is an inflated job title and inflated job description (after reading her Linkedin page) at a company that according to Glassdoor.com does not pay all that well and gets rather crappy reviews from employees.  Those kinds of jobs rarely pay all that well from what I know of people that work in the field.  It may seem like a private company but the salaries are more like non-profit, although the bennies are probably better than average.

Plus she uses "Responsible for" too many times in her job description, which tells me a lot, like that she doesn't know how to write a resumé.  Usually that kind of redundant laundry list of job duties starting with "responsible for" is  only written by rookies and those in lower level positions.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
On 1/27/2019 at 3:29 PM, Drogo said:

Why was Kate trying to interrupt Luke's first date with the Costa Rican zookeeper?

No, the zookeeper did not happily agree with Luke’s assement that two toed sloths were the best. He actually had the nerve to talk about why he thought three toed sloths were better. He ruined Luke showing off his animal facts...no second date for him!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/15/2019 at 11:33 PM, Yeah No said:

I actually think Luke's answer on "Unfiltered" as to how bills should be split in a relationship was the best one.  He said something about how things are rarely 50-50 in any relationship and you just work them out as you go along, which is what I would say.  I think Jasmine took Will's remark as indicative of his not being a good "protector" after she felt he left her hanging during the bike incident.  She was already wondering whether he had her back after that, and then when he made it clear that he wanted everything split down the middle she took it to mean he was looking out for himself but not for her.  I have to wonder what it's like to be married but essentially on a second date with someone.  To her ears it would be like a guy insisting that they split the check from their first date down the middle.  To her that would mean he's not really into her or he's too cheap to be a gentleman.

What gets me about them is .. she is a smart woman.  Why would she bring up such a touchy subject right off the bat? A smart woman would get to know the guy first, be charming, have nice conversations and put her best foot forward.  This is a dating show after all.  She came out with guns blazing and said and did everything a woman just married shouldn’t do.  She completely turned him off.  Did her Mother not teach her anything?  She will turn off any guy with a holier than thou attitude.

• Love 2