Type keyword(s) to search

Families Of The Mafia (formerly known as Made in Staten Island) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

These kids are a mess.  It’s barely watchable but I’m entertained by the ridiculousness of it all 

Holy Cow Karina has a FiveHead ! Hey Karen G. stop trying to make your daughter catch on...it ain’t gonna happen.  She ain’t gonna get “Snooki” rich n famous

Edited by DNR
Words
  • Love 2

OMG.  I thought this was going to be something to laugh at and make fun of but it's not. 

This is the most depressing thing I have seen in a while.   These kids are losers, and it's not because they don't have any idea of what they want to be, it's how they carry themselves.  These kids are broken and sad, and they need therapy to build up their self-esteems.

C'mon, these are like the kids of the characters of the Sopranos.  Your parents (at least if they aren't douchers)  don't want this for you.  You gain nothing from trying to be a gangster.  Cause you are not.  You are a Wannabe's.  

and I keep calling them kids because that's what they are.  Younger than 23, older than 12.  They shouldn't be on this show, they are being exploited.

And Isn't it more tough to not talk about how tough you are.

• Love 3

Typically one of the girls was my student a few years ago . . and this show makes her seem tame compared to what she was like . 

I just wanted to watch an episode to see how reality tv trashed Staten Island as usual but this was just boring . 

I loved big Ang. I admit I watched Mob Wives before Big Ang and at the end Ang kept me watching but no. Sammy the bulls  granddaughter,  no. She didn't even grow up in SI. Pretty girl but go do something with your life , please. I Haven't watched the show but the previews were enough. Grown women making fools I can take but clearly katarina's mom (Jennifer?) Is pushing this, gross.

• Love 1

I was flipping thru channels and episode 1 was on again.... it just hit me if you painted the girl ‘Dennie’  green ( she’s the one who goes to college in NJ) , she would look exactly like Princess Fiona , Shreks wife 😂😂😂 Not an attractive girl 

2D425D11-277E-46C6-9962-E1E110DFAA29.jpeg

They all seem to have speech impediments too

Edited by DNR
Add words
  • Love 1
On 1/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Typically one of the girls was my student a few years ago . . and this show makes her seem tame compared to what she was like . 

I just wanted to watch an episode to see how reality tv trashed Staten Island as usual but this was just boring . 

I’m dying to know which one was in your classroom. I think I can guess who it was based on your language...

My students have only been on TV because their dumbasses made the news. They were wearing letters on t-shirts at an event to spell out SUPER offensive and ignorant phrases. 

On 1/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, GordonGartrelle said:

and I keep calling them kids because that's what they are.  Younger than 23, older than 12.  They shouldn't be on this show, they are being exploited.

Exploiting her kid is apparently the only legal way Karen Gravano can make a living. She needs to just go get a job. She's a sad sad woman with an equally sad daughter. 

• Love 4

So the guy CP ( possible attempted murder charges pending ) witnessed & KNOWS  the name of the perp who stabbed another person at a party but won’t say anything cuz he thinks life is Goodfellas or Sopranos and he won’t “rat”  What a low IQ lowlife ! So just let a person who will STAB and possibly KILL another human at a HS party , (probably over something ridiculous ) walk free amongst the rest of us . Hope he got locked up with his criminal father .  

I’m distracted by Karina’s constant touching and pulling at the front of her hair (weave?) ..Sammi used to do the same thing on Jersey Shore.

i think the twins Joe(?)& Taylor(?) might not equal triple digits if you added their IQ’s together 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, DNR said:

I’m distracted by Karina’s constant touching and pulling at the front of her hair (weave?) ..Sammi used to do the same thing on Jersey Shore.

I can't believe there are no hairdressers on "the island" that don't tell her that her forehead is not her friend. I get it that the middle part is obviously the trend on "the island", but trends aren't for everyone. That's all I got from this mess of show. It's very sad that these kids are so pathetic so young.

And why are they recreating all the nonsense about this kid and his murder trial? He was sentenced and it was resolved the year before this even filmed. So they're basically all just "acting" to try and keep Karen Gravano relevant? 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 2

All this talk about rats and no one mentions that Karina’s grandpa is the most famous rat of all time.  Same thing happened on Mob Wives, to a certain extent.  I can’t rememeber how Karen justifies it when it came up, but I don’t understand how her and her family are not completely black balled if being a rat is the lowest of the low.

I wondered how long ago this was filmed, so thanks @hottesthw for the info on CP.  I’m off to see what I can find out about him in real time. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, DNR said:

I’m curious too. Let us know what you find out 😀

I’m not great at this kind of thing, and I didn’t search public records or anything, but the best I could find was an article on starcasm.   Here’s the link, in case it’s considered a spoiler.  🤷🏻‍♀️

https://starcasm.net/made-in-staten-island-christian-cp-patterson-arrest-details/

I also found a couple of other articles that had more info on his dad’s charges, which was some pretty serious shit, involving an overdose among other heroin offenses. 

• Love 2
On 1/25/2019 at 12:16 PM, hottesthw said:

And why are they recreating all the nonsense about this kid and his murder trial? He was sentenced and it was resolved the year before this even filmed. So they're basically all just "acting" to try and keep Karen Gravano relevant? 

Just deleted it from my DVR schedule after reading this. Not that it was watchable anyway but what horse shit.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, geauxaway said:

I’m not great at this kind of thing, and I didn’t search public records or anything, but the best I could find was an article on starcasm.   Here’s the link, in case it’s considered a spoiler.  🤷🏻‍♀️

https://starcasm.net/made-in-staten-island-christian-cp-patterson-arrest-details/

I also found a couple of other articles that had more info on his dad’s charges, which was some pretty serious shit, involving an overdose among other heroin offenses. 

Wow. So this guy CP has a criminal record and is 18 but charged as a minor during a crime where he punches & kicks a person ( in effect disabling them from defending themselves or escaping) who is stabbed NINE TIMES by his accomplice .....3 years probation ???? What is wrong with the judge ???? CP is a dangerous perp. 

• Love 1
Just now, DNR said:

he punches & kicks a person ( in effect disabling them from defending themselves or escaping) who is stabbed NINE TIMES by his accomplice .....3 years probation ????

Yeah but at least he's not a rat.

giphy.gif

• Love 5

Quoting from that article:

It’s unclear whether a Change.org petition calling for the cancellation of the show finally got its wish. The petition, which had been signed by more than 9,000 people as of Tuesday afternoon, reads, “The portrayal of Staten Island as a cesspool of gangsters, meatheads and low lives appears to be main and focus of MTV show development in recent years. The launch of this new show ‘Made in Staten Island’ is just another iteration of the aforementioned."

It is? I don't recall any MTV shows (past or present) besides this was Staten-Island-criminal specific. I mean, maybe Mob Wives (but that was VH1) but still. 

And really...

"It is built on the premise that kids from Staten Island all grow up surrounded by the mafia in their lives; this is far from the truth.”

...are we all so stupid now that when we watch a show named Chicago Fire that we assume everyone in Chicago is a fireman? 

Maybe they are referring to Angelina, the Staten Island Dump?  🤣  Other than that, I got nothing!

Not for nothing, I did actually like this show.  I also liked Mob Wives, too, though.

How come this show gets ghosted and TM2 is like a cockroach that will not die???  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, configdotsys said:

I'm wondering if once the article came out that said that CP's trial and whatever was concluded over a year ago and they are just all re-enacting this now as if it's current made them pull the plug. 

Honestly, the show was just boring.  Those poor kids as hard as they tried were just not interesting.

I thought the show was boring.

As for Staten Island, when I was a child, in the 1960's, people used to say that Staten Island was where many white people moved to because they didn't want to live around black and Hispanic people.  

On 2/18/2019 at 9:52 AM, The Solution said:

Made in Staten Island, for those who find Jersey Shore too intellectual.

I have been trying to remember what show this reminded me of from the past.  There was a show on Oxygen in 2012, in the wake of Jersey Shore, called 'Brooklyn 11223.'  Lasted just six episodes.   It was set in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn and was about twelve Italian-American men and women in their 20s.  There was a Christie and a girl named Joey Lynn.  Lot of talk of "betrayal," is what I recall.  Was most definitely not a hit and a show, I assume, no one watched or remembers.  Anyone remember this? 

There also was one set in Boston on A&E called 'Southie Rules' in 2013 about a three-generation family in South Boston. 

Made in Staten Island reminds me of those shows. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

I have been trying to remember what show this reminded me of from the past.  There was a show on Oxygen in 2012, in the wake of Jersey Shore, called 'Brooklyn 11223.'  Lasted just six episodes.   It was set in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn and was about twelve Italian-American men and women in their 20s.  There was a Christie and a girl named Joey Lynn.  Lot of talk of "betrayal," is what I recall.  Was most definitely not a hit and a show, I assume, no one watched or remembers.  Anyone remember this? 

There also was one set in Boston on A&E called 'Southie Rules' in 2013 about a three-generation family in South Boston. 

Made in Staten Island reminds me of those shows. 

I watched them both....and I agree

• Love 1

I was embarrassed for myself when I realized I watched all three of these gems. 

Question: There was a show from around the same time about guys living at home and being pampered by their moms like Vinny from JS.  It came and went quickly but I can't remember the name.  Any shot you remember the name?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Question: There was a show from around the same time about guys living at home and being pampered by their moms like Vinny from JS.  It came and went quickly but I can't remember the name.  Any shot you remember the name?

Let me ask around.  I do admit I also watched My Big Friggin Jersey Wedding (I think that’s what it was called)???  And Jerseylicious.  🤣

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Mamas's Boys of the Bronx?

I grew up in Bay Ridge and the people who created that show didn't even get the zip code right. It's not a clubby area at all. Lots of amazing restaurants but an older community. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2019 at 12:15 AM, LemonSoda said:

Hanging my head in shame because I watched all of the reality shows mentioned in this thread. I miss Jerseylicious and Big Ang. 

I miss Jersylicious and Big Ang also.   And I shamefully admit I also watched Brooklyn 11223....Oh!  And let me not forget Jersey Couture either lol...ironically I now live a few miles from that store and pass it all the time. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kysmet said:

I miss Jersylicious and Big Ang also.   And I shamefully admit I also watched Brooklyn 11223....Oh!  And let me not forget Jersey Couture either lol...ironically I now live a few miles from that store and pass it all the time. 

I'm so happy I'm not alone! I've been watching Jerseylicious on Demand 

• Love 3
On 3/18/2020 at 11:03 AM, geauxaway said:

So it looks like this is coming back under a different name.  “Families of the Mafia.” Premieres 4/9.  I just saw it advertised on the Jersey Shore FB feed.  

Ha. I was just coming here to post this. I still have the 3-4 episodes of the first iteration on my DVR for some reason. I guess MTV thinks it will get better ratings this time around. Did we ever find out if it was ratings that caused the show to abruptly disappear?

• Love 1
On 3/18/2020 at 8:03 AM, geauxaway said:

So it looks like this is coming back under a different name.  “Families of the Mafia.” Premieres 4/9.  I just saw it advertised on the Jersey Shore FB feed.  

Y'all will be able to still post in this thread when it re-premieres.  I've already changed the show thread title. 🙂 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Y'all will be able to still post in this thread when it re-premieres.  I've already changed the show thread title. 🙂 

Thank you!!!

Just saw some more previews this week.  How is Sammy even still alive?  I know his health is not well and he looks so frail.  

• Love 1

Part I:

Karen embarks on a journey from Staten Island to Arizona with her daughter Karina to visit her father, Sammy “The Bull” Gravano, after his release from prison. Jess attempts to let Billy back into Taylor and Joe’s lives.

Airs April 9, 2020.

Just now, geauxaway said:

Anyone watch this?  I swear it’s the same footage from the previous iteration of the show.  Well, I mean, the footage we didn’t see. But repackaged.   Ha!  Ramona from Mob Wives.

I forgot to set the DVD to record so will do that today so if they air it in the middle of the night I will get it. Funny enough, I still have the three or four eps of Made in SI on my DVR from last time around. I'll have to see if any of the footage is from the old show.

1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

I forgot to set the DVD to record so will do that today so if they air it in the middle of the night I will get it. Funny enough, I still have the three or four eps of Made in SI on my DVR from last time around. I'll have to see if any of the footage is from the old show.

They are definitely wearing the same outfits in some of the scenes.  Not that they don’t wear the same clothes over again, but you’ll see what I mean.  I need some company here!!! 🤣

• LOL 1

I watched this mess. I never watched Made in SI so not sure about the repackaged scenes. I had to laugh at the overdramatic scenes leading up to Karen and Karina seeing Sammy.

CP's aunt and uncle seem like nice people.

Omg I remember Ramona from Mob Wives. Her face looks so much puffier. Too many fillers

• Love 1