Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

It's going to be a tough year for rookie candidates

With only 9-10 spots that are rumored to be open, it's going to be hellaciously hard for any of the new girls to get on the squad this year unless there's a bloodbath among the vets at Finals and a LOT get cut.  Girls like Hannah (Road-to-DCC girl) will be lucky to make it to Semis, much less Finals.

9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Yes it will or tough year to be a vet if the new rookie class comes in extra strong 

I can see it being very hard to be a vet.  I wonder if more will choose to retire or will come back and risk getting cut at Finals.  I hope that Kelli actually looks at the Vets and sees who are the best dancers on the squad (thus having the best chance of making it back), the ones who might not be the best dancers but rock it out in other areas which will land them solidly in the middle and the ones who are weak over all.  Most of the ones who come back will be in the first two categories and there are less than five, in my estimation, who fall into the third category but could be considered as part of the second category, albeit the weakest of those girls, which still puts them at risk should they return.  Of those that fall into the third category (or the bottom of the second), they'll likely retire or risk being cut because of the competition. 

37 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

What a lot of people don't realize about these shows is that there are auditions FOR the audition. She basically showed up to the cattle call. From there, they MIGHT choose her to audition for the judges (what we see on the show) or they just pass by her. This is why there is such an equal amount of magic and tragic on these shows. 

I'm still torn on whether I want Victoria to move forward on SYTYCD, but am leaning toward no because she's nowhere near the caliber of dancers they usually take, no matter what she or her mother think of her abilities.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but SYTYCD is one of the very FEW reality shows where dancers come out of it with not only name- and face-recognition in the wider world, but they stand a better chance at booking jobs in the dance world if they so choose due to being on the show and working with the people they do.  That's not the case on most reality shows.  ANTM jumped the shark in that department even as far back as Cycle 3.  I remember reading where Camera "YaYa" DaCosta was auditioning for a job not long after she was on ANTM (she was Cycle 3's runner-up) and she was told that she wouldn't have gotten the job if they'd known she'd been on ANTM.

Edited by EricaShadows
46 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

With only 9-10 spots that are rumored to be open, it's going to be hellaciously hard for any of the new girls to get on the squad this year unless there's a bloodbath among the vets at Finals and a LOT get cut.  Girls like Hannah (Road-to-DCC girl) will be lucky to make it to Semis, much less Finals.

I can see it being very hard to be a vet.  I wonder if more will choose to retire or will come back and risk getting cut at Finals.  I hope that Kelli actually looks at the Vets and sees who are the best dancers on the squad (thus having the best chance of making it back), the ones who might not be the best dancers but rock it out in other areas which will land them solidly in the middle and the ones who are weak over all.  Most of the ones who come back will be in the first two categories and there are less than five, in my estimation, who fall into the third category but could be considered as part of the second category, albeit the weakest of those girls, which still puts them at risk should they return.  Of those that fall into the third category (or the bottom of the second), they'll likely retire or risk being cut because of the competition. 

I'm still torn on whether I want Victoria to move forward on SYTYCD, but am leaning toward no because she's nowhere near the caliber of dancers they usually take, no matter what she or her mother think of her abilities.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but SYTYCD is one of the very FEW reality shows where dancers come out of it with not only name- and face-recognition in the wider world, but they stand a better chance at booking jobs in the dance world if they so choose due to being on the show and working with the people they do.  That's not the case on most reality shows.  ANTM jumped the shark in that department even as far back as Cycle 3.  I remember reading where Camera "YaYa" DaCosta was auditioning for a job not long after she was on ANTM (she was Cycle 3's runner-up) and she was told that she wouldn't have gotten the job if they'd known she'd been on ANTM.

Which girls do you think fall into the 3rd category 

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I could see them MAYBE taking her for the first round based on looks and possibly personality (depending on how she came across at first audition) knowing that she wouldn't make it any farther IF they take a variety (not based on dance alone or only the "best of the best") for the first round.

Malena is on the right side in Jenn’s latest prep class dance. She looks like she’s been practicing the style more and I was a HUGE a fan of hers last season but I feel torn about her trying out again. I would be heartbroken if she didn’t make it and she would be crushed if she got cut.  It’s one thing to give up your job for the DCC but it would be twice as horrible to spend the following year taking dance classes only to be cut again. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 6

Honestly after seeing these recent prep class videos I feel like JennK's are the best for technique and DCC style. 

Michelle Keys was the place to be seen and refine what you already have. Learn some fun choreo. Sarah I is about picking up choreo fast but I always think her routines are a mess all over the place as bad as Mia's. If you're not already at that DCC level you will fail miserably at those two classes.  

Kitty hits you like a tornado with a million things that need fixed from hair to technique to power to I don't even know.

JennK's dances are boring entertainment wise but dang she knows how to piece stuff together that not only uses typical DCC moves but also improves your technique. Bad technique and your kids and transitions would be so sloppy. I think ShellyB's stuff looks dated from the 80s but technique teaching is also spot on with standard jazz. 

JennK might be an annoying person but her classes def prep you for DCC as intended. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Honestly after seeing these recent prep class videos I feel like JennK's are the best for technique and DCC style. 

Michelle Keys was the place to be seen and refine what you already have. Learn some fun choreo. Sarah I is about picking up choreo fast but I always think her routines are a mess all over the place as bad as Mia's. If you're not already at that DCC level you will fail miserably at those two classes.  

Kitty hits you like a tornado with a million things that need fixed from hair to technique to power to I don't even know.

JennK's dances are boring entertainment wise but dang she knows how to piece stuff together that not only uses typical DCC moves but also improves your technique. Bad technique and your kids and transitions would be so sloppy. I think ShellyB's stuff looks dated from the 80s but technique teaching is also spot on with standard jazz. 

JennK might be an annoying person but her classes def prep you for DCC as intended. 

Thank you for this - I've always wondered what each of them offered.  Doesn't Jenn K also go over the written tests?  That might be closer to tryouts.  I've also seen where she has former DCC come in and go over different things as well.  I like Shelly's routines cause they look like something I might be able to pick up - kinda, sorta, maybe - and they are fun.  Mia's choreo - I get confused just watching.  When the DCC does routines like that, they aren't very enjoyable to watch.  Probably why I like Michelle's routines like Handclap and Ayo.

19 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

why don't they mention the written test on the show?  is it an important factor?

They have - it’s on current events, football knowledge, the Dallas Cowboys past and present and the DCC.  Two veteran DCC got low scores one season and it wasn’t pretty.

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They have - it’s on current events, football knowledge, the Dallas Cowboys past and present and the DCC.  Two veteran DCC got low scores one season and it wasn’t pretty.

One was Nicole Hamilton and I think the other was Justine.

3 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I didn't notice Malena in Jenn's class because my eyes were glued to the guy. I thought he was great!

1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:

No kidding! I noticed him, too!

He auditioned last year but stupid people in charge didn't show him.  I loved that he waited late into the night after Finals to congratulate and hug girls who made it or did not.

Showing his lyrical side doing Michelle Keys choreo

• Love 9

He is soooo good, and if I remember correctly has danced some with the Mavericks dancers. But sadly I don't see him making DCC. He seems like such a sweet guy and was cheering all the girls on during auditions with Stephanie DW. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Sumbitch! He is really good! But there's no way TPTB (*cough* Jerry *cough*)  would EVER allow a male DCC!

I could totally see this with Jerry given the lecherous behavior he apparently exhibited (among other things).  Wasn’t there rumors he wanted to pimp the cheerleaders out to his friends and the highest bidders shortly after he bought the team but the director of the cheerleaders shut him down hard?

As for the male dancer, he’s better then many of the girls who made it to Finals but he never stood a chance.  If nothing else, it harkens back to the days of the Cowboys and Belles, which were the very start of the squad we know and love today.  That is one tradition coming back that I could get behind.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Stee said:

Malena is on the right side in Jenn’s latest prep class dance. She looks like she’s been practicing the style more and I was a HUGE a fan of hers last season but I feel torn about her trying out again. I would be heartbroken if she didn’t make it and she would be crushed if she got cut.  It’s one thing to give up your job for the DCC but it would be twice as horrible to spend the following year taking dance classes only to be cut again. 

I hope she is cut and cut early. Tiff Taliaferro posted a clip on her story and in that clip Melena messed up bad. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I hope she is cut and cut early. Tiff Taliaferro posted a clip on her story and in that clip Melena messed up bad. 

Yeah that tiff girl was pretty much out dancing Melena 

• Love 1
On 2/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Thank you for this - I've always wondered what each of them offered.  Doesn't Jenn K also go over the written tests?  That might be closer to tryouts.  I've also seen where she has former DCC come in and go over different things as well.  I like Shelly's routines cause they look like something I might be able to pick up - kinda, sorta, maybe - and they are fun.  Mia's choreo - I get confused just watching.  When the DCC does routines like that, they aren't very enjoyable to watch.  Probably why I like Michelle's routines like Handclap and Ayo.

I don't know who they have doing the interviews and written stuff this year but it is prob on the prep class schedule. Most of these girls teach prep classes at their studios besides official ones at the Star.

9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Wasn’t there rumors he wanted to pimp the cheerleaders out to his friends and the highest bidders shortly after he bought the team but the director of the cheerleaders shut him down hard?

UGH..... I know that was probably a long time ago (90s, right?), but if he were to ever try something even RESEMBLING that with this current group of cheerleaders I would be furious lol.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

He is soooo good, and if I remember correctly has danced some with the Mavericks dancers. But sadly I don't see him making DCC. He seems like such a sweet guy and was cheering all the girls on during auditions with Stephanie DW. 

He was a DCRB and he is damn good! He needs to go to LA. They have male cheerleaders. You know JJ is a misogynist and that won’t happen here. Too bad. 

• Love 6
On 1/15/2019 at 8:39 AM, Opine said:

Co-sign it all, but the Malena paragraph should be labeled "Dear CMT:".  I am with you.  Nothing will stop me from watching the show, but the Malena stuff was just hard to listen to.  She said the same thing in EVERY.  SINGLE.  TALKING.  HEAD.  And, the melt downs, oh the melt downs.  It's occasionally interesting viewing the first time someone falls apart.  But after the first one, it was just made me as a viewer feel awkward and uncomfortable.  That just isn't good TV!!!!!

Amen to this. I’m rewatching season 13 today and I have had to fast forward through every Malena meltdown.  It does not get better with repeated viewing...

• Love 8
On 2/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, EricaShadows said:

But if she moves forward onto  SYTYCD she won't be available to audition for DCC. We want that, right? 

• LOL 1
17 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

But if she moves forward onto  SYTYCD she won't be available to audition for DCC. We want that, right? 

Why do I have the feeling that we will be looking at Meltdown and Mascara:  The Sequel🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Lona said:

UGH..... I know that was probably a long time ago (90s, right?), but if he were to ever try something even RESEMBLING that with this current group of cheerleaders I would be furious lol.

He bought the team early 1989.  Soon after that, he was going to make the uniform even skimpier than it already is/was, use the girls in beer commercials, etc.  14 of the veterans walked out and 23 rookies had the weekend to decide if they were going to stay.  I seem to remember that there were additional rumors that he was planning on pimping them out around that time.  I don't know how true that part is, but the first part made national news and Jerry Jones was forced to go on television and state that nothing was going to change.

27 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

While I would like something to come up that would prevent her from auditioning for DCC, but I also don't want her her to go on this show if she isn't good enough for it (and I don't think she is).  No one would be doing her any favors by accepting her onto SYTCD when there are so many dancers who are more talented, better trained, naturally gifted, etc. who would likely outperform her.  AFAIK, at least for SYTYCD, there are no judges who owe her parents favors or are best friends with either of them so she might actually earn her spot in each round if she gets that far.   

• Love 1
On 1/19/2019 at 8:53 PM, Tootie said:

And she looks very "lanky" to me... as usual.

Mia probably looked the worst doing that combo compared to the girls around her.  S****** and without style.  Normally the instructor is the best.   I felt Alexis looked really good - she managed to look sexy doing it, where some of the others looked a little harsh.

I’m not a fan of that combo in general though - not feminine enough or something. 

• Love 1
On 1/25/2019 at 12:01 PM, Jess14 said:

Still not seeing why Angela turning down appearances when she’s not on show group should foreclose her chances of being on show group the following year. I’m assuming that these weren’t required appearances that she was missing or she would have been off the team all together. Idk, to me that sounds like a “you didn’t come to meetings that you weren’t required to come last year, so you can’t be on the scholarship committee this year, even though you want to be and are presumably willing to come to all of the meetings.” It’s strange logic to me. 

I hate stuff like that - something is stated as “optional”, but then later down the line it’s thrown back in your face about how important it was that you didn’t do that optional thing and now it is held against you.  Sadly, there is a lot of that grey area optional stuff in dance and dance studios.   Then sometimes those in power aren’t even consistent about it either and there’s a double standard.

For example of something I see a lot, there will be an offer to be in, for ex., 12 group numbers after an audition, but only 6 if them are mandatory.  Group numbers all cost money and time to be in - big cost difference between doing 12 and 6.  Some parents will say my kid is only doing mandatory groups to save money - it’s supposed to be optional, right?   But then next summer their kid is penalized in various ways in the studio for not doing all the groups (offered lower quality groups next season, put in a lower technique class than other dancers of similar ability, etc.) - all cause they didn’t pay for those extra groups which really have nothing to do with how good of a dancer they are.  Stuff like that irks me.  It’s like you always got to go overboard and do everything and anything offered in some of these places cause the next thing you know you’ve hurt your kids experience and can’t recover - seems like the DCC is the same way, but w/ grown women.  

To me it sounds like what happened to Angela was a similar thing.  They told her the appearances were “optional”, and she might have even had a work or family commitment for why she didn’t do them, but then held it against her later for an opportunity she wanted when she had cleared her schedule and was ready to do SG.   But then they also go ahead and put Rookies in SG who have never even done a year on the squad and they really know nothing at about their level of dedication, so there is a compete double standard.

I guess I can see both sides where these places want only those who are “all in all the time” to get the best opportunities, but they should probably spell out the consequences for choosing to do less a little better at the time of decision and not after the fact.  However, I’m sure revealing how things really are/work would probably make the organization sound really petty (cause they are), so no team director, etc. would have the guts to admit that out loud.

• Love 5
On 2/16/2019 at 3:22 AM, MrsEVH said:

One was Nicole Hamilton and I think the other was Justine.

Nicole was called out in Season 3 for flunking the test. A bunch of vets and rookies were called out in Season 3 or Season 4 for flunking the test. Justine was among the four vets for being the lowest scoring vets in Season 4 along with Michelle Keys, Melissa Kellerman and another one year vet.

2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I hate stuff like that - something is stated as “optional”, but then later down the line it’s thrown back in your face about how important it was that you didn’t do that optional thing and now it is held against you.  Sadly, there is a lot of that grey area optional stuff in dance and dance studios.   Then sometimes those in power aren’t even consistent about it either and there’s a double standard.

For example of something I see a lot, there will be an offer to be in, for ex., 12 group numbers after an audition, but only 6 if them are mandatory.  Group numbers all cost money and time to be in - big cost difference between doing 12 and 6.  Some parents will say my kid is only doing mandatory groups to save money - it’s supposed to be optional, right?   But then next summer their kid is penalized in various ways in the studio for not doing all the groups (offered lower quality groups next season, put in a lower technique class than other dancers of similar ability, etc.) - all cause they didn’t pay for those extra groups which really have nothing to do with how good of a dancer they are.  Stuff like that irks me.  It’s like you always got to go overboard and do everything and anything offered in some of these places cause the next thing you know you’ve hurt your kids experience and can’t recover - seems like the DCC is the same way, but w/ grown women.  

To me it sounds like what happened to Angela was a similar thing.  They told her the appearances were “optional”, and she might have even had a work or family commitment for why she didn’t do them, but then held it against her later for an opportunity she wanted when she had cleared her schedule and was ready to do SG.   But then they also go ahead and put Rookies in SG who have never even done a year on the squad and they really know nothing at about their level of dedication, so there is a compete double standard.

I guess I can see both sides where these places want only those who are “all in all the time” to get the best opportunities, but they should probably spell out the consequences for choosing to do less a little better at the time of decision and not after the fact.  However, I’m sure revealing how things really are/work would probably make the organization sound really petty (cause they are), so no team director, etc. would have the guts to admit that out loud.

The girls are told they are expected to do appearances when they tried out. If Angela had a full time job where doing appearances would be a problem then she would have worked something with Kelli and Judy. Other vets were able to work around their schedules for SG and appearances. If she thought she had time for SG three years in a roll then she had the time to make a few non SG appearances.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:56 PM, hannahbanana said:

Doesn't matter if you have the time now or not. If you passed on too many appearances in the past (seemingly without working it out with J & K a la Melissa & Milan), I'm not going to give you show group now. I will give it to someone else who has shown me they're willing to do what's required & come to talk to me/work with me if there is a conflict. To me, past actions speak volumes.

Or they’ll just give SG to rookie girls that they barely know like Kalyssa and others.   I thought I read Angela turned down those appearances for a reason like a job?  Didn’t know she wasn’t going on them just cause she didn’t feel like it or they weren’t glamorous.

• Love 1
On 1/29/2019 at 11:43 PM, dbell1 said:

Why is she posing in a handicapped spot? It's bizarre. 

The technique/placement in that tilt photo is horrendous as well.   Her dancing isn’t as awful as I expected it to be after seeing that photo, but she clearly hasn’t had much ballet training. Good flexibility and power though - has potential, but needs classes.  Figure a little too thin and unshapely, but I think that about a lot of girls.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2019 at 3:52 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Pretty much non existant technique. 

No way in hell will she make the team.

That girl is obviously crazy flexible and pretty, but ZERO TECHNIQUE. Sloppy, looks like no real training, low energy. But yes, she has face and can kick. Wouldn't make it past prelims though. Sort of sad that she has the pieces but no training so the puzzle will never fit together to be DCC standard.

Bucc's cameo = OMG who decided that was a good pose? LOOK AT MY VA JAY JAY WORLD! Looks skanky like all she needs is a pole but Tampa Bay never has really been known to be classy LOL. 

It looks like she’s never had real ballet classes - sad cause you could tell the potential is/was there.  I guess there’s a shot she could take some classes and pick up very quickly, but unlikely at her age.   I mean there have been a few DCCs who made the squad w/ really rough ballet technique over the years.  

If the girls are getting dinged for not making enough appearences, then that's f'ed-d up ... It just proves how out of touch Kelli is. Kids these days have massive student loans. They are not all privileged like VK.

• Love 3
On 1/30/2019 at 6:18 PM, Tootie said:

That pose is not limited to the TBBC... I  see it everywhere in dance.  I can't stand it either. Sure, it's hard to do, but it's still a "crotch shot!" 😕

It’s VERY popular in dance.  And that girl is doing it very well.   Her cash and prizes are actually facing away as much as they can be, which is part of the reason it’s a good tilt.    She has beautiful extension in her legs as well - a lot of it is probably her natural flexibility in her joints, but it’s impressive nonetheless.

Comparing that photo to the one the black beauty girl posted in the handicapped spot is like one of those “expectations vs. reality” things.   Lol!

• Love 2
On 2/12/2019 at 2:38 PM, TexasBorn said:

KEYBOARD, MONITOR, and DESK!!!

I hope this prevents her from trying out for DCC.

The amazing Holly P. only made it to SYTYCD semi-finals.

VK and her enabling entourage are CRAY CRAY DELUSIONAL.

I don’t think she’s that delusional.  VK is a great contemporary lyrical dancer and that is what that show is all about.   She will need to slim down for it too if she wants a good shot, but she’s certainly pretty enough.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Compared to NY and LA lyrical dancers, VK is decent to good at best.

Probably, but she’s stlll not delusional to think she has a shot.  A delusional person would be that girl upthead w/ the bad tilt technique trying out.

And VK was one of Travis’ favorites on the show. ;).

3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Probably, but she’s stlll not delusional to think she has a shot.  A delusional person would be that girl upthead w/ the bad tilt technique trying out.

And VK was one of Travis’ favorites on the show. ;).

On the bad tilt we can agree.   As for Travis & the show, lots of things come to mind.  Maybe he was being nice, maybe someone asked him to pop that tidbit in (legacy y'all).   It is a show and a reality one at that.  I take into consideration editing and god only knows what happens behind the scenes to tweak scenes.  #grainofsalt . 😉

• Love 4

VK is indeed her best in the lyrical genre and she has some nice moments. She can dance pretty. But she is not great. I don't press rewind to watch her over and over again. She emotes in all the normal predictable ways - grab the heart, play with the shirt, face with pretend angst... Nothing special to see really.  She also dances "heavy."

She is doing a 90 day program for tummy control that is really intense and geared toward models. I predict we will see a much leaner VK soon.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I apologize if this has already been posted, but supposedly VK is not trying out for SYTYCD cause it interferes with training camp.  

In other words, she didn’t make it past the first rounds of auditions? 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

VK is indeed her best in the lyrical genre and she has some nice moments. She can dance pretty. But she is not great. I don't press rewind to watch her over and over again. She emotes in all the normal predictable ways - grab the heart, play with the shirt, face with pretend angst... Nothing special to see really.  She also dances "heavy."

She is doing a 90 day program for tummy control that is really intense and geared toward models. I predict we will see a much leaner VK soon.

I second that. She's no Gina or Holly and I rewind just to hate watch them. Unfortunately, I'm always wrong, they slay everytime. I also agree that she dances heavy.

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I apologize if this has already been posted, but supposedly VK is not trying out for SYTYCD cause it interferes with training camp.  

Awww man!!!

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 2

You were the first one to mention it so you're good.  As for the rest of it. . . . if she's not trying out for SYTYCD because of DCC Training Camp, then was it her twin who stole her identity and showed up to the auditions 'cause girl, we saw you and they interviewed you so. . . you were there AND you should have looked at the schedule for SYTYCD BEFORE you auditioned to see if there was any potential scheduling conflict.   Sounds like poor planning on the scheduling issue to me among other things.  Sometimes you have to choose which "dream" to pursue due to things like this.

2 hours ago, sugarplum said:

In other words, she didn’t make it past the first rounds of auditions? 😂

OMG!!!!  That is what I was thinking when I posted😂

I thought that too.  If true that she didn't make it past the first round, it doesn't surprise me in the least.  Considering the talent that I remember seeing on that show before I ditched cable a few years back, I wasn't surprised to hear that.  I wonder what she thinks about getting told "no" to SYTYCD.  It had to have been a disappointment, but most, if not all, dancers get told "no" for a part they really wanted at some point in their dance careers.  For some, it lights a fire under their butts and they become better dancers for it.  For the rest, they generally tend to either maintain the status quo and never really move much further in their careers (or transition to just doing it for fun, to stay in shape or to stay flexible) or they drop dance altogether for various reasons (mostly related to being told no too often and not doing anything about it).

At panel interviews VK will likely be asked about auditioning for SYTYCD, what she would have done about DCC auditions if she had made it to the next round of SYTYCD, and whether her heart is truly in DCC. For a normal DCC candidate this might spell the end of their DCC dream, but VK will give a prepared answer and skate on through to training camp. SMH

I also think that if she can keep her weight in check during training camp she will definitely make the team this season. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, MamaV said:

At panel interviews VK will likely be asked about auditioning for SYTYCD, what she would have done about DCC auditions if she had made it to the next round of SYTYCD, and whether her heart is truly in DCC. For a normal DCC candidate this might spell the end of their DCC dream, but VK will give a prepared answer and skate on through to training camp. SMH

I also think that if she can keep her weight in check during training camp she will definitely make the team this season. 

I agree but I also think they are going to give her the Cassie T. under the radar treatment.