Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ByTor said:

That surprises me, she seems like the "go along to get along" type.  I wonder, even though she was given permission, if they're holding swimsuit against her.

Did we ever find out why Lauren didn’t particpate in calendar shoot? 

• Love 1

Why does anyone have the idea that they’re holding anything against Lauren? Because she didn’t participate in the shoot? For reasons we literally know nothing about? This seems like a weird stretch with zero evidence to say she’s in their bad graces. 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Why does anyone have the idea that they’re holding anything against Lauren? Because she didn’t participate in the shoot? For reasons we literally know nothing about? This seems like a weird stretch with zero evidence to say she’s in their bad graces. 

Because that's all people can do on this board when we don't have concrete answers..speculate. It's quite popular lol

• Love 8

If I'm remembering correctly, we believed Lauren didn't do the shoot because of her job. That said, I can absolutely see Kelli holding that over Lauren even if they did give her permission not to do it. Kelli is vindictive and manipulative, it's her entire management mo. 

• Love 11
On 1/25/2019 at 10:48 PM, EricaShadows said:

Here's the list of veterans.  Any that are blank, we don't have word one way or the other of returning/retiring.  The rest are labeled as to what's been said publicly.

Alexis - 

Alanna - 

Amber - Confirmed returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Brennen - Confirmed returning

Briana - 

Bridget - 

Caroline - Confirmed returning

Christina - 

Cianna - 

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gabby -  

Gina - 

Hannah - 

Heather - 

Jalyn - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - Confirmed returning

Rachel - 

Rachel W - 

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

what date do they have to make a decision by ? 

Let me say now what I say every year - I wish Kelli/Charlotte would make a cut before 1st round. Some of the 400+ that show up surely don't make cut on paper. 

Maddy would be in the running for point and Pro Bowl 2020 mainly due to her seniority and her GL position this year, right ?

Yuko - has she really grown dance-wise in the past 3 years? They must see something that I don't see .

This year's rookie class didn't leave me the impression to me they were "one and done" . all of them were too invested and gave up alot just to return (again for some) and make the team. I haven't been following too closely throughout the season,though. 

The veteran that was cut during training camp this year - anybody know how she is doing ?

Edited by sATL
49 minutes ago, sATL said:

what date do they have to make a decision by ? 

Let me say now what I say every year - I wish Kelli/Charlotte would make a cut before 1st round. Some of the 400+ that show up surely don't make cut on paper. 

Maddy would be in the running for point and Pro Bowl 2020 mainly due to her seniority and her GL position this year, right ?

Yuko - has she really grown dance-wise in the past 3 years? They must see something that I don't see .

This year's rookie class didn't leave me the impression to me they were "one and done" . all of them were too invested and gave up alot just to return (again for some) and make the team. I haven't been following too closely throughout the season,though. 

The veteran that was cut during training camp this year - anybody know how she is doing ?

She seems to be doing good she is teaching dance classes 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

If I'm remembering correctly, we believed Lauren didn't do the shoot because of her job. That said, I can absolutely see Kelli holding that over Lauren even if they did give her permission not to do it. Kelli is vindictive and manipulative, it's her entire management mo. 

I remember being confused about the idea she didn’t do it because of her job. I’m a nurse and I would feel free to do a swim suit photo shoot without fear of repercussions. (Um, I mean, if anyone actually wanted me in a swim suit photo shoot.) 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

While some people speculated that she wouldn’t want patients in her care to view the calendar, I don’t remember it being said that it was specifically about her job, but just a personal preference.

I absolutely agree with the second point though. I have no insider info as to whether they were truly ok with her sitting out or not, but if they were annoyed about it, I imagine that they would do what they did (bring her along and put on a happy face), but then also quietly drop hints that she may want to move on at the end of the year. Kelli isn’t stupid. She knows that in the current climate, it would be ill advised to try and force a girl to do the swimsuit shoot. However, I could see how they wouldn’t want that to become a pattern - girls opting out of things (especially non-cheer related activities that are already somewhat questionable) - for fear of impacting their image.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I liked seeing shelly (I think) way over in the far side of the room. Is that Savannah and Gina helping lead? Savannah missed a few steps LOL. I couldn't pick out any former TCC. Who's there?

• Love 2
On 2/2/2019 at 10:38 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Yasss.

13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I liked seeing shelly (I think) way over in the far side of the room. Is that Savannah and Gina helping lead? Savannah missed a few steps LOL. I couldn't pick out any former TCC. Who's there?

No shocker there.

• Love 1

Some of the girls look heavy by DCC standards. I often wonder what those candidates are thinking when they try out. Save Victoria, Kelli never seems to make exceptions for candidates when it comes to weight.

Why does Savannah never seem to improve? I know she practices with Gina a lot -- she's thanked her for her help on Instagram. I would think she would eventually get better, but it doesn't seem to happen. I like her, though - I'd hate to see her get cut.

• Love 2

Well Malena was at Jenn's prep class on the 25th. I can't figure out how to post the Instagram video. She appears on Molly Sheahans video: mmsheahan.  Second video on her page and Malena is behind her.

Honestly, I can see this season (if there is one) being ultra competitive. Potentially very few spots and tons of dancers filling these prep classes.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Well Malena was at Jenn's prep class on the 25th. I can't figure out how to post the Instagram video. She appears on Molly Sheahans video: mmsheahan.  Second video on her page and Malena is behind her.

Honestly, I can see this season (if there is one) being ultra competitive. Potentially very few spots and tons of dancers filling these prep classes.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5
On 2/5/2019 at 12:29 PM, Loves2Dance said:

I spot the Road to DCC girl---sweet girl, find a new dream please. 

I totally agree with this right here.  She's a cute girl, but looks too young and needs FAR too much training (and very intense training on a daily basis) if she's even going to make it to Finals.  Maybe in past years, she MIGHT have a chance to make it to Finals because the crop of candidates was weaker overall, but this year, if only 9 or 10 girls are retiring (and we haven't heard anything more on who those girls are besides Lacey and KaShara), she's gone after semis, if not pre-lims and likely never going to have a chance of ever making Training Camp.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

So, what was all the tea they were going to spill?  I love Kashara, but I couldn't listen to the whole thing:)

Kash spilled the tea on why she was retiring and heather o was actually going back and forth on what she wanted to do she talked to kashara a lot abt her descion on what to do 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Kash spilled the tea on why she was retiring and heather o was actually going back and forth on what she wanted to do she talked to kashara a lot abt her descion on what to do 

Oh.  Well then I guess I did catch the important stuff😁

I love Heather O, and I'm so happy if she's planning to try out again - also dying to know what happened, but the impression I got from our lovely insiders (miss you all, please come back!!!) was that it was being kept on lock for a serious reason.  If so, and it would be hurtful to have it known, I'm okay with not knowing....but I'm hoping it's not and that we'll hear about it eventually, and also that it won't keep her from making the team again.  She seems thoughtful and funny and down-to-earth, she's a beautiful dancer, and she absolutely killed it on the bikini shoot.  It would seriously be a shame if she didn't get to come back.

• Love 7
On 1/30/2019 at 10:52 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Pretty much non existant technique. 

No way in hell will she make the team.

That girl is obviously crazy flexible and pretty, but ZERO TECHNIQUE. Sloppy, looks like no real training, low energy. But yes, she has face and can kick. Wouldn't make it past prelims though. Sort of sad that she has the pieces but no training so the puzzle will never fit together to be DCC standard.

Apart from the energy (which isn’t really a positive thing considering that it makes her out of control), the same things can be said for VK too...

I’m SO happy Heather is staying. I hope she earned her GL spot back this year and I hope she gets triangle if not point. Definitely my favorite senior vet at the moment.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Why is she retiring? 

46 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She says it’s time to start thinking abt her body and her heath she said she was dog sick tired 

Beyond injuries, I can only imagine the toll that it takes to stay "uniform ready," especially for the girls who are not naturally stick thin. Add to that the long practices that, at least in training camp, go into the wee hours of the morning, and I'm surprised that everyone (and primarily those who have a job outside of DCC) ins't exhausted. 

• Love 4

I am so curious to know what irked Kelli enough to pass Heather over for Group Leaders this year, and curious to know if she'll jump to a 1st Leader.  She was truly one of the girls I was *not* expecting to return, especially with Little Heather being cut, Maggie leaving, Kashara leaving, and her not being in the 'goodbooks' at the beginning of the season.

I never even considered her returning, so I also never considered her being contender for point.  She's definitely a shoo-in for triangle and curious to see what happens next year for her... she's one of my favorites, so hoping for BIG things for her.  Similar to Amy, Heather also seems like another girl who is no drama.

• Love 6
On 2/5/2019 at 3:29 PM, Loves2Dance said:

I spot the Road to DCC girl---sweet girl, find a new dream please. 

On 2/7/2019 at 8:53 AM, EricaShadows said:

I totally agree with this right here.  She's a cute girl, but looks too young and needs FAR too much training (and very intense training on a daily basis) if she's even going to make it to Finals.  Maybe in past years, she MIGHT have a chance to make it to Finals because the crop of candidates was weaker overall, but this year, if only 9 or 10 girls are retiring (and we haven't heard anything more on who those girls are besides Lacey and KaShara), she's gone after semis, if not pre-lims and likely never going to have a chance of ever making Training Camp.

😕😕 bless her heart. I am not a dancer, so I don’t know what one must do to fix hitting things hard, finding the ends of movements and memory, but I’m pretty sure whatnever it is doesn’t start January before May tryouts. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

😕😕 bless her heart. I am not a dancer, so I don’t know what one must do to fix hitting things hard, finding the ends of movements and memory, but I’m pretty sure whatnever it is doesn’t start January before May tryouts. 

She’s cute, but I’m sure she’ll realize she needs more time (I.e not this year) 

sidenote: Amy looks so good with straitened hair!

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

She’s cute, but I’m sure she’ll realize she needs more time (I.e not this year) 

sidenote: Amy looks so good with straitened hair!

Love her heart she looks like high school dance team material, not DCC. Not much technique and like she's says not hitting it hard at all. 

So...other wise black girl to her left = LOVE. Amy with straight hair = LOVE. 

• Love 5
On 2/4/2019 at 8:16 PM, sleepyjean said:

I think I see Gracie and Jasmine. Pretty sure Jasmine will be trying out again and Gracie will be too (not sure if she has already). Also there's a girl behind Savannah with curly dark hair that looks pretty good, few mistakes but has potential. She was also in Jenn's video from her prep class that same week. Anyone know who that is?

Edited by Girly77756
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

It's good that she realizes that she knows she needs to work on things.  Too bad she doesn't realize that it's going to take more time to work on these things than she has before auditions.  She needs to complete all movements and do them cleanly, do them confidently in spite of the mistakes, and take as many classes as possible (and that she can afford) so that she can work on her memory.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Girly77756 said:

I think I see Gracie and Jasmine. Pretty sure Jasmine will be trying out again and Gracie will be too (not sure if she has already). Also there's a girl behind Savannah with curly dark hair that looks pretty good, few mistakes but has potential. She was also in Jenn's video from her prep class that same week. Anyone know who that is?

Is Gracie the Grace whose a current DSIG and former AAIA or is this a different girl?

On 2/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, WinkyFace said:

No comment.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Maybe this is why she hasn't been taking prep classes???  Getting ready for this.

I don't know. She keeps telling people on her IG (in the comments) that she is trying out for DCC this year. Does anyone know how far ahead she would have known that SYTYCD was coming to Dallas? Wondering if this was something that just came up or if she's had it in her sights for awhile & just keeping mum about it.