Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They are reauditioning, not returning. The vets have to earn their spots again. Any of the vets trying out again can be cut.

I'm sure the girls know their spots aren't guaranteed and didn't imply that by "returning" they would automatically make the team again.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, LadyMsJay said:
15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They are reauditioning, not returning. The vets have to earn their spots again. Any of the vets trying out again can be cut.

I'm sure the girls know their spots aren't guaranteed and didn't imply that by "returning" they would automatically make the team again.

Precisely, they certainly know they are not guaranteed a spot.  They mean they are returning to audition next year. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Brennan said on her podcast with Caroline that she's returning.

Weird.  I thought I'd added that when I typed up the post.  Thanks for pointing out that I hadn't.  I went back and added it.  I'll update as we get more confirmations of which way the vets are going to go.

Just now, EricaShadows said:
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Brennan said on her podcast with Caroline that she's returning.

Weird.  I thought I'd added that when I typed up the post.  Thanks for pointing out that I hadn't. 

Well, it's Brennan, of course I'd notice :)

• Love 6

Auditions dates:

Preliminaries – Saturday, May 18

Semi-Finals – Sunday, May 19

Panel Interviews – Friday, May 31

Finals – Saturday, June 1

First Meeting – Monday, June 3

Wonder if they move the dates so girls can go to high school and college graduations. Not much time between Finals and First Meeting.

19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

It kills me when @BIGSKYGIRL deletes a post because I start thinking, "what did she say, what does she know, was it funny, was it awesome!" Hahahahahah! I know, I need to get a real life!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, jlc said:

It kills me when @BIGSKYGIRL deletes a post because I start thinking, "what did she say, what does she know, was it funny, was it awesome!" Hahahahahah! I know, I need to get a real life!

*blushing*  Go to the Former DCCs thread for the discussion about Angela to see my post since a few of us decided to move the discussion to the other thread.

35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Auditions dates:

Preliminaries – Saturday, May 18

Semi-Finals – Sunday, May 19

Panel Interviews – Friday, May 31

Finals – Saturday, June 1

First Meeting – Monday, June 3

Wonder if they move the dates so girls can go to high school and college graduations. Not much time between Finals and First Meeting.

No that's not it. I think they mentioned something about some other event going on around that time.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

*blushing*  Go to the Former DCCs thread for the discussion about Angela to see my post since a few of us decided to move the discussion to the other thread.

Thank you! I am on my way!!! lol

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

No that's not it. I think they mentioned something about some other event going on around that time.

It’s KAABOO. It’s a music/art/food/comedy festival. We went in Del Mar when we lived in San Diego. If you don’t mind crowds, I definitely suggest going. It’s...interesting. 

Edited to add to keep on topic: I wonder how the girls feel about the gap between semi-finals and finals. That’d be nerve racking (wracking?) for me. I’d just want to be done with it. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

You're all we have left. Miss you laurenbrooke JohnGalt

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Lona said:

Yeah! Where is laurenbrooke? Now that I think of it, she was pretty fun!

Oh no! Did @LaurenBrook leave??  Phew, at least she still has her account!  As a very jaded person, I always appreciate her ability to stay positive 99.99% of the time.   (But I love the sass and sarcasm from plenty of other posters too, so please keep that coming as well!!!)

• Love 3
On 1/26/2019 at 7:19 PM, TexasBorn said:

You're all we have left. Miss you laurenbrooke JohnGalt

My computer has died at home, so I am using the library computer. Hopefully I will get a new job soon, and I can buy a new computer.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:46 AM, PhilForPoint said:

Oh no! Did @LaurenBrook leave??  Phew, at least she still has her account!  As a very jaded person, I always appreciate her ability to stay positive 99.99% of the time.   (But I love the sass and sarcasm from plenty of other posters too, so please keep that coming as well!!!)

Same. BTW. Love your username. Phil is the best.

39 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the worst fall out from the long period between the first tryout and the selections for training camp will be on the out of town candidates.     They're either going to have to stay in Dallas, or travel twice for the tryouts.  

It's also going to be hectic since finals are on Saturday and the first meeting is on Monday.  Didn't they usually have time to return home and then move their lives to Dallas?  Plus, when is the calendar shoot this year?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's also going to be hectic since finals are on Saturday and the first meeting is on Monday.  Didn't they usually have time to return home and then move their lives to Dallas?  Plus, when is the calendar shoot this year?

I think it will be in March or April 

55 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Why is she posing in a handicapped spot? It's bizarre. 

Probably just where they happened to be when they decided to take the pic (walking in parking lot, "Hey, let's take a pic -- Okay,"  just happen to stop in handicapped space). It's the "cash & prizes" shot that got my attention way more than where she is standing.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

The pose reminds me of one of the Tampa Bucs cameos...

image.png.24fece2271a8bb686fdfe962c5f555c2.png

Heaven help me, I actually like that outfit.  Maybe it's the colors and patterns (minus the logo and the shoes), but I like it for some reason.  I don't like the pose either, but that's just me and it shows off flexibility (among other things as well).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Her technique is trash...

Pretty much non existant technique. 

2 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Do you think TPTB will let her keep her braids if she makes the team? I can't see Kelli letting that be her look.

No way in hell will she make the team.

That girl is obviously crazy flexible and pretty, but ZERO TECHNIQUE. Sloppy, looks like no real training, low energy. But yes, she has face and can kick. Wouldn't make it past prelims though. Sort of sad that she has the pieces but no training so the puzzle will never fit together to be DCC standard.

Bucc's cameo = OMG who decided that was a good pose? LOOK AT MY VA JAY JAY WORLD! Looks skanky like all she needs is a pole but Tampa Bay never has really been known to be classy LOL. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Pretty much non existant technique. 

No way in hell will she make the team.

That girl is obviously crazy flexible and pretty, but ZERO TECHNIQUE. Sloppy, looks like no real training, low energy. But yes, she has face and can kick. Wouldn't make it past prelims though. Sort of sad that she has the pieces but no training so the puzzle will never fit together to be DCC standard.

Bucc's cameo = OMG who decided that was a good pose? LOOK AT MY VA JAY JAY WORLD! Looks skanky like all she needs is a pole but Tampa Bay never has really been known to be classy LOL. 

That pose is not limited to the TBBC... I  see it everywhere in dance.  I can't stand it either. Sure, it's hard to do, but it's still a "crotch shot!" :/

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

But you can’t see her vagina. Any more than you can see breasts in a snug turtleneck. It’s showing off an incredible skill. I have no clue what’s skanky about this. 

• Love 11
On 1/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, sleepyjean said:

I forgot one other thing, three women who could potentially be DCC legacies this year:

Cami Branson - former "cheerlebrity" and daughter of DCC Candy Branson

Christina Ligi - younger sister of DCC Gina Ligi

Eden Greenhouse - younger sister of Mia Greenhouse

All are currently seniors in college, and have also been on their respective college cheer/dance teams. I'll be on the lookout to see if any decide to audition for DCC this year.

Cami tried out a few years ago and messed up terribly. Doubt she will try out again but you never know. She was an all-star cheerleader and then college cheerleader. Not sure about her dance background. Does anyone know?  

On 1/16/2019 at 4:45 AM, jlc said:

She is pretty, but well spoken? I didn't think she was as good as everyone else thought. There were times after she did a talking head where I was like "what???". Maybe it is just me, but.....I was not all that impressed with her. 

I was not impressed with her either. She is cute but I didn’t find her to be “well spoken”at all. She seemed to repeat the same things over and over. Her cut scene  showed why she should never ever be a DCC. I really hope she doesn’t try out.  

• Love 5
On 1/16/2019 at 7:45 AM, jlc said:

She is pretty, but well spoken? I didn't think she was as good as everyone else thought. There were times after she did a talking head where I was like "what???". Maybe it is just me, but.....I was not all that impressed with her. 

3 hours ago, KatieC said:

I was not impressed with her either. She is cute but I didn’t find her to be “well spoken”at all. She seemed to repeat the same things over and over. Her cut scene  showed why she should never ever be a DCC. I really hope she doesn’t try out.  

They wanted her because she worked in football (college recruiting office) & (from what we were shown) knows football. To them, she wasn't just another pretty face, but someone who actually knew something about the game and seemed invested in it. Without the football connection keeping her there, she probably would have been one of the first ones cut.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PhilForPoint said:

She would definitely be a “project” if she made it to training camp. No sliding under the radar for her......

Yup! A project who had no hope of ever making it in the first place. In other words, the new Malena. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

So Lauren and Christina wouldn’t answere if they were re auditioning this next season when asked on the pod cast 

I wonder if they haven't fully made up their minds yet (or just want to keep people wondering).  I could see Lauren debating about whether to stay or go, but I don't see that with Christina.  Granted, she just started a new job that's VASTLY different then working as an instructor at a gym, but I see her as the type to hang on to being a DCC as long as possible because not only did she spend so many years of her life working to make the squad (she was seen at auditions as early as season 6, I think), but she's been on the squad 2 years now.  I do hope she retires because, while she has the DCC dances down, she's NOT a solo performer by any stretch of the imagination (see season 9 solo portion at Kitty's and what little we could see of last year's solo to a song from "Chicago" to see what I mean).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Lauren has seemed totally over it since swim last year. Honestly they are probably over her, too for not towing the line. Too bad. Love her.

I think they both are retiring her and Christina 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Christina retiring doesn't surprise me, and I guess Lauren's shouldn't either but I am interested to hear more tear about the DCC being over her. Lauren is a favorite of mine. 

It looks like Lauren is attending Sarah's prep class...……..so fingers crossed!!

• Love 4
On 1/31/2019 at 7:53 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Lauren has seemed totally over it since swim last year. Honestly they are probably over her, too for not towing the line. Too bad. Love her.

That surprises me, she seems like the "go along to get along" type.  I wonder, even though she was given permission, if they're holding swimsuit against her.

• Love 3