Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Interesting comments by Kitty Carter.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Mavs-Replacing-Dance-Squad-With-Entertainment-Squad-510088191.html

Meredith Barnett supposedly posted on her FB page but I didn't see anything (can't see her complete page).

http://www.fox4news.com/sports/mavericks/dallas-mavericks-get-rid-of-dancers-creating-family-friendly-entertainment-squad

"This is going to be detrimental to the NFL, basketball, college pom because that’s really the only thing girls in Dallas have to do after college. There’s nothing else," said Carter."

That is an interesting take on it. While I don't agree with dissolving the dance team for the reasons the Mavs are giving, keeping it because "that's really the only thing girls in Dallas have to do after college. There's nothing else" is kind of inane.

I do agree with her next statement:

“Just make it appropriate for everyone. You don’t have to get rid of it. Just make it appropriate," said Carter.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

"This is going to be detrimental to the NFL, basketball, college pom because that’s really the only thing girls in Dallas have to do after college. There’s nothing else," said Carter."

That is an interesting take on it. While I don't agree with dissolving the dance team for the reasons the Mavs are giving, keeping it because "that's really the only thing girls in Dallas have to do after college. There's nothing else" is kind of inane.

“Just make it appropriate for everyone. You don’t have to get rid of it. Just make it appropriate," said Carter.

I think she meant if they want to continue to dance.  At least I hope that is what she meant.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Does this mean a bunch of DMDs will audition for DCC? Did they find out in time to register to audition this year?

Kellie announced on twitter and Instagram Walk up registration starts at 7am 

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Kellie announced on twitter and Instagram Walk up registration starts at 7am 

I wonder if that was planned or if they decided to do that in response to the DMD situation. It’s not much time but there are some great dancers that now really have nothing to lose by giving DCC a shot. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think she meant if they want to continue to dance.  At least I hope that is what she meant.

Yea, I agree -- it just came across as inane to me the way they quoted her (these poor women in Dallas will have no place to dance if sports dance teams are eliminated).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Everybody cut, everybody cut footloose ...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I wonder if that was planned or if they decided to do that in response to the DMD situation. It’s not much time but there are some great dancers that now really have nothing to lose by giving DCC a shot. 

I’m not sure but they do have some great dancers so hopefully we will see them come audition 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I’m not sure but they do have some great dancers so hopefully we will see them come audition 

Wait. Do you hear that? It's the sound of VK shitting her pants...

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, KatieC said:

Has she actually said that on the show?  I’ve seen this said about Kelli over and over and am just curious as to the source. 

She said it to Vivian at uniform fittings. She's small in height so expected her to weigh the same as Jenna Lene, which was ridiculous. Their bodyframes are completely different!

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

With the end of DMD, I wonder how many of their dancers will try out for the squad tomorrow morning.

deleted - stupid question was here 😨

Edited by Loodicrus
Stupid question
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

She said it to Vivian at uniform fittings. She's small in height so expected her to weigh the same as Jenna Lene, which was ridiculous. Their bodyframes are completely different!

It was said to Mackenzie as well in season 6 i believe.

24 minutes ago, PhilForPoint said:

She also said something similar to Courtney who got my fit foods with the vets who said something like I haven’t weighed that since high school 

She's the only one I remember them saying that to about height, but apparently there were others.  TBH, beating a dead horse here, but weight shouldn't matter at all. They can see what the women look like in their audition outfits, and I do not thing that the DCC uniforms are so super snowflake special that they make a body suddenly look "fat."  They're low-rise booty shorts with a top that exposes their abs, no different than what their audition outfits are about.

• Love 5
(edited)

Is there a list started of who is auditioning, if so this girl that auditioned last year posted on her insta story that she is there today.

molly_charanell

mattie_gates  and nalless13   are also there

Edited by 5678Pixie

Also saw this photo of people practicing their introductions, I see road to dcc girl is there and stands out like a sore thumb. Bless her heart but wrong outfit/shoes/posture in general plus what I’ve seen I don’t think this is her year

9230FA76-A03B-4624-A6D3-2F43A52DAC34.jpeg

• Love 1
11 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Yea, I agree -- it just came across as inane to me the way they quoted her (these poor women in Dallas will have no place to dance if sports dance teams are eliminated).

Gives a whole new meaning to my dance career is on the line some of the girls like to say when they try out for DCC.

9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Road to DCC girl isn't auditioning this year, I don't think she's even in Dallas now.

She was at the last prep class last night if she did leave she must of left this Morning or she decided to not get out in this rainy weather we are having 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, char.texasqueen said:

Also saw this photo of people practicing their introductions, I see road to dcc girl is there and stands out like a sore thumb. Bless her heart but wrong outfit/shoes/posture in general plus what I’ve seen I don’t think this is her year

9230FA76-A03B-4624-A6D3-2F43A52DAC34.jpeg

The only thing I noticed in this photo is that neon yellow top-thing. I didnt even notice the girl wearing it. It looks so odd from this angle...it took me 20 minutes to figure out that she wasn’t wearing a cone bra...or stuffing her bra with those yellow softballs we’d use at practice...

Is this going to be the auditions update thread? Or is there going to be a specific thread for auditions? I’m sick today and I wanted to entertain myself by following along for the first time since I started watching this show (season 1 OG here). 

Will our insiders please return!?! Tell us who is doing well (or poorly)? Also for those you who follow these girls on social media, or general DCC social media, will you pleeeeeeese post updates here too?! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She is not going to be able to say there were 500 girls today.  

I counted 21 on the back row, which means with 8 rows, there's approx 168. The pool gets smaller and smaller every year! 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KatieC said:

I wonder if Sheridan will audition again along with some of the 3 & 4 year vets.

12 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

This makes Kitty sound like a moron.  Yes, there's absolutely nothing else for young women to do in Dallas (our country's 9th largest city) but join a dance squad for a professional sports team.  SMH

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

This makes Kitty sound like a moron.  Yes, there's absolutely nothing else for young women to do in Dallas (our country's 9th largest city) but join a dance squad for a professional sports team.  SMH

You mean have a life outside the  cheerleading world. How could you say that. You silly goose!

Turnout looks about the same as last year. I wonder how much the number of *quality* candidates has changed over the years though. It could be the shrinking of the candidate pool means they're distilling it down to just the women who have a chance of being seriously considered, and the hundreds who stopped showing up are the ones who were doing it just for the experience of it and had no expectation of making the team.

I don't see any guys in that group!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I wasn't sure if there were that many on each row, just a guess/maximum 

I tried a head-count and came to a measly 156 rookies. Could be wrong by a couple though 🙂

(edited)

I've been looking a stadium map that shows the number of seats, to try to figure it out. It looks like corner section 127 to me, but the third row in that section only shows 13 seats, and that twitter photo it looks like 15-16 people in the third row. I'm confused.

127.JPG

2018249958_127live.JPG.52eaa8f52d68556c6de13f8d5d54a1cc.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I've been looking a stadium map that shows the number of seats, to try to figure it out. It looks like corner section 127 to me, but the third row in that section only shows 13 seats, and that twitter photo it looks like 15-16 people in the third row. I'm confused.

my rowcount:
16 -15 - 19 - 20 - 20 - 21 - 23 - 22

could be wrong here and there

And... I think it's section 119 in the map, which has 16 seats in row 3

Edited by Loodicrus
update
28 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Turnout looks about the same as last year. I wonder how much the number of *quality* candidates has changed over the years though. It could be the shrinking of the candidate pool means they're distilling it down to just the women who have a chance of being seriously considered, and the hundreds who stopped showing up are the ones who were doing it just for the experience of it and had no expectation of making the team.

I don't see any guys in that group!

This. The numbers will be lower now that the talent on the team has drastically increased. All the women who audition just to check it off their bucket list don’t audition anymore. But the actual number of women who have a legit shot have increased.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, tigafer said:

Victoria is definitely looking very trim! 

She looks to be sucking it in. Let’s hope she can maintain it and didn’t just crash diet like some others during the calendar shoot 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

It is okay for Kelli to be critical of the girls because it is a part of her job. She may not do it in the best way and we may not like what she says or how she says it, but it is part of her job as director. We, as fans, are the ones who have no right to be critcal of the girls. And, like it or not, a lot of what is said by fans is just as critical and unreasonable (and many times even more so) as what Kelli says. Look at how much Maddie was raked over the coals as being too heavy and not having a 'DCC body' this past season (with at least one poster saying flat out she should have never been a DCC because she doesn't have a DCC body). We say we don't want Kelli to be so harsh and hypercritcal of the girls, but the exact same things (and worse) are said here and on other fan sites over and over. If she wasn't so stringent there would be even more complaints about girls being "overweight" and not having a DCC body. Doesn't make what she is doing right, but I can see the why in it.

And I've been biting my tongue on this for a long time, but it really isn't fair to put all the blame on Kelli and DCC when these girls do develop problems. It takes a certain personality and many other factors (one of which is the DCC environment) to develop these problems. If it was really all DCC's fault, 36 out of 36 girls (or a far higher number than do) would be developing these problems each year. Still doesn't make the DCC environment correct or healthy, but they aren't fully to blame either.

Eating disorders and an obsession with thinness, fitness, etc., are not unique to DCC. There have been hundreds of column inches written by former members of famous ballet companies, by former gymnasts, by former members of other dance and performance troupes, about their own battles with eating disorders and striving to stay thin and fit in order to keep performing and stay qualified under very strict weight and body shape requirements.
I think the most honest anyone ever has been about how the girls battle to stay thin came in two scenes - one was a girl at the first day auditions who was waiting for the board to be brought out and she mentioned if she saw her number, she'd be eating tuna and celery "again," but if not, she was going have a cheeseburger. The other was when Kelsey (not black-haired Kelsey but the one before her, with reddish-brown hair, who had stomach troubles and lost a bunch of weight) was eating a Combo pretzel snack as she drove to practice and mentioned that was her supper.

• Love 1
On 5/15/2019 at 5:19 PM, BringItOn said:

Public speaking, dress etiquette, being respectful to staff, spatial orientation and precision .... 

Pure dance ability. For all her training, she never struck me as a very polished and precise dancer.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:54 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I agree!  She also does mock written tests and brings in alumni to coach on presentation and technique.  I would say taking her class every week would be worth the money.  She, like Sarah G, tells it like it is, which is what girls trying out need and it is what they are paying for.