Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Prelims towmrow 

semis Sunday 

finals June 1st 

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Prelims Saturday May 18th

Semi-Finals Sunday May 19th

Finals Interviews Friday May 31st

Finals Saturday June 1st

First Meeting Monday June 3rd

Thanks! 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think she looks a little too thin. Why do the girls think they have to look like this to make the team. It is unhealthy.

It’s evident they do need to be thin and fit to make the team. Unless you are a legacy whose mother is best friends with the director.  Then you can have milkshakes. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

This gentleman won’t be trying out after all.  He had something on his stories about not being there to support everyone.  

He's been posting things that lead me to believe he's going to be moving to L.A. to pursue his career.

• Love 1

I think she looks a little too thin. Why do the girls think they have to look like this to make the team. It is unhealthy.

LOL she looks healthy and toned to me.

58 minutes ago, go4luca said:

He's been posting things that lead me to believe he's going to be moving to L.A. to pursue his career.

Good for him, he's very talented, he could totally get work not related to NFL cheer.

• Love 7

I think with social media and how much direct feedback these girls are exposed to nowadays from fans (and trolls) it really messes with their self image and self esteem, enough for them to do whatever they can to make sure no one can ever say they look “fat” or “soft”. It’s sad because end of the day these girls are athletes, not models, yet they’re picked apart as such and are still expected to be able to dance and perform 4+ hours a day. And so a person who is hoping to make this team sees how the current members are and think that’s the standard they need to be at in order to make the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

I think with social media and how much direct feedback these girls are exposed to nowadays from fans (and trolls) it really messes with their self image and self esteem, enough for them to do whatever they can to make sure no one can ever say they look “fat” or “soft”. It’s sad because end of the day these girls are athletes, not models, yet they’re picked apart as such and are still expected to be able to dance and perform 4+ hours a day. And so a person who is hoping to make this team sees how the current members are and think that’s the standard they need to be at in order to make the team.

One of the best posts I've read in eons.  You nailed it. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

One of the best posts I've read in eons.  You nailed it. 

I agree, yet I don't think these women are "victims" ... They willfully signed up for this.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

This gentleman won’t be trying out after all.  He had something on his stories about not being there to support everyone.  

He SLAAAYYYS! I would not want to dance next to him.

• Love 5
(edited)
58 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I agree, yet I don't think these women are "victims" ... They willfully signed up for this.

I don't think of them as victims.  It's part of being in the public eye.  Celebrities go through the same.  But it is much different than my pro dance days.  SM wasn't a thing back then, classes weren't filmed for Insta followers and you could just focus on your technique and learning.  IG is definitely a tool for furthering careers if used properly.  But I'm glad I wasn't subjected to this type of pressure.  It's hard enough dealing with the scrutiny and rejection that comes with auditioning.

Many here talk the choice to be a DCC down.  Yes, the girls sign up knowing all that goes with it.  But there also exists amazing experiences, perks and lifelong friendships.  Often these are opportunities they otherwise would never have a chance to enjoy.  I've watched many of these women blossom as their confidence and poise develop during their tenure as a DCC.  Their growth can be a beautiful process to watch unfold. 

I don't think that's such a bad thing. No one is forcing them to audition.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

You’re right,  no one forced them to sign up for this. It’s just disappointing that girls do this out of a love for dance and performing and that HAS to be met with harsh criticism about her physical appearance.

• Love 3

I do not think it is being harsh when you see the girls do dangerous things in order to fit in a tiny uniform. Look at Courtney Cook, Kaitlin from Season 8 and Amy C. from Season 7. Being told you are too big to fit into a small uniform on national television for ratings and drama can do a lot more damage than Kelli, Charlotte, Judy, CMT think it does. They are more worried about their precious brand, and I worry about the mental and physical health and well-being of these girls trying to lose too much weight in a short period of time in order of the honor and privilege of being a DCC.

50 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

You’re right,  no one forced them to sign up for this. It’s just disappointing that girls do this out of a love for dance and performing and that HAS to be met with harsh criticism about her physical appearance.

Compared to Kelli, Charlotte, Judy, and CMT, I think the majority of the posters are a lot nicer and more concerned for the well-being of the girls.

3 hours ago, go4luca said:

He said something today about returning to the classroom this next year and he's up in my neck of the woods today.  Whatever he's doing, I wish him the best.  He is such a talented man what with dancing, choreo, helping with costumes, etc.  I'm sure the girls will miss his support this weekend.

• Love 9

I do not think it is being harsh when you see the girls do dangerous things in order to fit in a tiny uniform. Look at Courtney Cook, Kaitlin from Season 8 and Amy C. from Season 7. Being told you are too big to fit into a small uniform on national television for ratings and drama can do a lot more damage than Kelli, Charlotte, Judy, CMT think it does. They are more worried about their precious brand, and I worry about the mental and physical health and well-being of these girls trying to lose too much weight in a short period of time in order of the honor and privilege of being a DCC.

Compared to Kelli, Charlotte, Judy, and CMT, I think the majority of the posters are a lot nicer and more concerned for the well-being of the girls.

I'll have to disagree here. We certainly don't see everything K, J, & C do and say, but posters can (and have been) brutal.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I'll have to disagree here. We certainly don't see everything K, J, & C do and say, but posters can (and have been) brutal.

I agree we can be harsh at times on here, but at least we are not hypocrites like Kelli, Judy and Charlotte can be. I remembered when Kelli said fans and viewers can be mean with their comments about the girls, but is alright for her to call out girls for the same thing we discuss on here. I guess in her mind it is alright for her to do because of her precious brand, but it is all wrong for people who watch it to do the same thing.

The sad and worse part is she is more interested in the brand than the safety and well being of the girls. You would think she would have learn something after Courtney, Kaitlin, Amy C. and of course Victoria, but she is more interested in the ratings, drama and promoting the DCC Organization to be the top of the entertainment world.

Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall in AT&T stadium tomorrow... if I had even an ounce of dance talent (or the figure to go with it), I’d try out just be be able to see it. It’s too bad they don’t live stream auditions 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall in AT&T stadium tomorrow... if I had even an ounce of dance talent (or the figure to go with it), I’d try out just be be able to see it. It’s too bad they don’t live stream auditions 

Is anyone friends with that middle aged doctor? We need an insider!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BringItOn said:

Is anyone friends with that middle aged doctor? We need an insider!

Drawing a blank on the doctor???  Marshall still has a private IG.  That leaves Melissa R, rebel_vpofdesign (who according to FB comments on auditions), Kristi, Brenda, Scott (we hope and pray), Jay, and probably Courtney if she is doing her job.  

For helpers, I would say Danielle, Jackie Bob, Melissa W, Emma, Shelly, or Nicole and on Sunday, I would think Lacey, KaShara and Khalyn teaching the routine??????

• Love 2
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The year she auditioned, They did comment on how “masculine” she looked and the size of her thighs and upper arms.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Christineelgene said:

The year she auditioned, They did comment on how “masculine” she looked and the size of her thighs and upper arms.

Sad is it not. I thought she look fine the first time she tried out.

3 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I remember that.  I thought she was pretty then, as I think she is now as well 🙂

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Drawing a blank on the doctor???  Marshall still has a private IG.  That leaves Melissa R, rebel_vpofdesign (who according to FB comments on auditions), Kristi, Brenda, Scott (we hope and pray), Jay, and probably Courtney if she is doing her job.  

For helpers, I would say Danielle, Jackie Bob, Melissa W, Emma, Shelly, or Nicole and on Sunday, I would think Lacey, KaShara and Khalyn teaching the routine??????

She's that 50 year old Asian lady who I think is a doctor who trys out every season.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

She's that 50 year old Asian lady who I think is a doctor who trys out every season.

Ohhhh!  

One of us could try sneaking in with a camera crew and microphone.  Or say we are on the committee that chooses who gets a star on the Walk of Fame since that is Kelli's new goal:/

• LOL 4
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ohhhh!  

One of us could try sneaking in with a camera crew and microphone.  Or say we are on the committee that chooses who gets a star on the Walk of Fame since that is Kelli's new goal:/

Getting our plane tickets now dm your info to me. LOL!

• LOL 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree we can be harsh at times on here, but at least we are not hypocrites like Kelli, Judy and Charlotte can be. I remembered when Kelli said fans and viewers can be mean with their comments about the girls, but is alright for her to call out girls for the same thing we discuss on here. I guess in her mind it is alright for her to do because of her precious brand, but it is all wrong for people who watch it to do the same thing.

The sad and worse part is she is more interested in the brand than the safety and well being of the girls. You would think she would have learn something after Courtney, Kaitlin, Amy C. and of course Victoria, but she is more interested in the ratings, drama and promoting the DCC Organization to be the top of the entertainment world.

It is okay for Kelli to be critical of the girls because it is a part of her job. She may not do it in the best way and we may not like what she says or how she says it, but it is part of her job as director. We, as fans, are the ones who have no right to be critcal of the girls. And, like it or not, a lot of what is said by fans is just as critical and unreasonable (and many times even more so) as what Kelli says. Look at how much Maddie was raked over the coals as being too heavy and not having a 'DCC body' this past season (with at least one poster saying flat out she should have never been a DCC because she doesn't have a DCC body). We say we don't want Kelli to be so harsh and hypercritcal of the girls, but the exact same things (and worse) are said here and on other fan sites over and over. If she wasn't so stringent there would be even more complaints about girls being "overweight" and not having a DCC body. Doesn't make what she is doing right, but I can see the why in it.

And I've been biting my tongue on this for a long time, but it really isn't fair to put all the blame on Kelli and DCC when these girls do develop problems. It takes a certain personality and many other factors (one of which is the DCC environment) to develop these problems. If it was really all DCC's fault, 36 out of 36 girls (or a far higher number than do) would be developing these problems each year. Still doesn't make the DCC environment correct or healthy, but they aren't fully to blame either.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

It is okay for Kelli to be critical of the girls because it is a part of her job. She may not do it in the best way and we may not like what she says or how she says it, but it is part of her job as director. We, as fans, are the ones who have no right to be critcal of the girls. And, like it or not, a lot of what is said by fans is just as critical and unreasonable (and many times even more so) as what Kelli says. Look at how much Maddie was raked over the coals as being too heavy and not having a 'DCC body' this past season (with at least one poster saying flat out she should have never been a DCC because she doesn't have a DCC body). We say we don't want Kelli to be so harsh and hypercritcal of the girls, but the exact same things (and worse) are said here and on other fan sites over and over. If she wasn't so stringent there would be even more complaints about girls being "overweight" and not having a DCC body. Doesn't make what she is doing right, but I can see the why in it.

And I've been biting my tongue on this for a long time, but it really isn't fair to put all the blame on Kelli and DCC when these girls do develop problems. It takes a certain personality and many other factors (one of which is the DCC environment) to develop these problems. If it was really all DCC's fault, 36 out of 36 girls (or a far higher number than do) would be developing these problems each year. Still doesn't make the DCC environment correct or healthy, but they aren't fully to blame either.

I certainly respect your opinions about the weight lost issue, but I do believe Kelli and crew should be taking part of the blame. She expects girls who are the same height to way the same. Look what happened to Courtney, Kaitlin, and Amy. Amy's scene was heavily edited to make her look bad after the poor girl was in Urgent Care for becoming ill from trying to lose weight before cameo shoot. If Kelli and Judy did not like the way Amy's behind look, they should not have taken her into TC in the first place. Kelli knew what happened to Courtney and wanted to keep it hush up because *gasp* it would not look good for the brand to know a girl was taking a certain pill to keep the weight off because we want the universe to know we only promote "healthy" weight lost. Kelli should have known something was terrible wrong with Courtney during her finals interview scene in Season 8, but oh no lets take her into TC again. Sorry but I think part of the blame should fall on Kelli and her cohorts. And yes, some posts about the girls can lean on the mean side, but what I have seen on the show by TPTB have not been so kind too.

I don't agree that only someone's boss, as opposed to fans has the right to be critical in a professional sense. I don't agree with personal critiques (outside of what someone chooses to put out there for the public - see Rachel W for example, or what's shown on the show), but as fans, I think people absolutely have the right to comment critically, especially for people (like the DCCs) whose main job is to perform or entertain - same goes for the Cowboys. If they have a miserable season, fans will complain. That comes with the territory.  The DCCs will absolutely the positive comments, so you can't take the good and not the bad - that's true of anyone in any job really. Fans can certainly be outrageous and out of line though, and that shouldn't be tolerated either. 

FWIW, I don't have a problem with Kelli being tough. Some of her requirements are silly like expecting people to of the same height to be the same weight, but in general, I don't find Kelli to be unduly harsh. Her issues IMO are that she plays favorites and gets way too personal. I think the extreme focus on weight is about the uniform (which I don't think she could change if she wanted to), more than her personal preferences.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I’m horrified that I know this....but Miller Lite is the official beer of the Cowboys (and my ex-husband!) - if it makes it any better. I also noticed the Lite sign behind them, and I often wonder what archeologists thousands of years in the future are going to think about our society when they do excavations of our cultural centers. Cheers! 🍻

Thank you! Fixed it in my original post. Both Bud Light and Miller Light are pretty much unholy swill, tho. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She expects girls who are the same height to way the same. 

Has she actually said that on the show?  I’ve seen this said about Kelli over and over and am just curious as to the source. 

• Love 1
(edited)
59 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I certainly respect your opinions about the weight lost issue, but I do believe Kelli and crew should be taking part of the blame. She expects girls who are the same height to way the same. Look what happened to Courtney, Kaitlin, and Amy. Amy's scene was heavily edited to make her look bad after the poor girl was in Urgent Care for becoming ill from trying to lose weight before cameo shoot. If Kelli and Judy did not like the way Amy's behind look, they should not have taken her into TC in the first place. Kelli knew what happened to Courtney and wanted to keep it hush up because *gasp* it would not look good for the brand to know a girl was taking a certain pill to keep the weight off because we want the universe to know we only promote "healthy" weight lost. Kelli should have known something was terrible wrong with Courtney during her finals interview scene in Season 8, but oh no lets take her into TC again. Sorry but I think part of the blame should fall on Kelli and her cohorts. And yes, some posts about the girls can lean on the mean side, but what I have seen on the show by TPTB have not been so kind too.

First & foremost, if you want to protect the brand and keep it quiet that Courtney is on something, you DO NOT show her interview scene. It can also be argued that there was a very good reason to "take" Courtney into TC -- and that is to make sure she got the help she needed. If you cut her, you lose contact with her. By "keeping" her, you have a way of keeping tabs on her until she gets help. I'm not saying that is what happened, but it's plausible -- much more so than showing that interview scene where something is plainly wrong & then keeping her to hush it up.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Has she actually said that on the show?  I’ve seen this said about Kelli over and over and am just curious as to the source. 

I remember Kelli made a comment to one person that "most girls your height weigh X".  She may have said it to someone else, but I never had the impression that she expected every girl of the same height to weigh the same.

2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

First & foremost, if you want to protect the brand and keep it quiet that Courtney is on something, you DO NOT show her interview scene. 

Exactly.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I remember Kelli made a comment to one person that "most girls your height weigh X".  She may have said it to someone else, but I never had the impression that she expected every girl of the same height to weigh the same.

It may also be an old standard (because those height/weight charts did used to be popular and the gold standard of fitness) that they used to use, but because they have not publicly denounced it, people think they still go by it. (Just a guess)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

It may also be an old standard (because those height/weight charts did used to be popular and the gold standard of fitness) that they used to use, but because they have not publicly denounced it, people think they still go by it. (Just a guess)

That’s what I am thinking. It is just such an outdated way of looking at things. I have a hard time believing she feels/believes/expects it especially when she talks during uniform fittings how every body is different. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

First & foremost, if you want to protect the brand and keep it quiet that Courtney is on something, you DO NOT show her interview scene. It can also be argued that there was a very good reason to "take" Courtney into TC -- and that is to make sure she got the help she needed. If you cut her, you lose contact with her. By "keeping" her, you have a way of keeping tabs on her until she gets help. I'm not saying that is what happened, but it's plausible -- much more so than showing that interview scene where something is plainly wrong & then keeping her to hush it up.

Chances are they showed her interview scene because of the fact she left right before TC because her parents finally saw the light when it came to her health. If Kelli was so worried about Courtney she would have said Courtney left for personal reasons and left it at that instead of acting like Courtney was on her death bed aka for drama and ratings. I also heard Kelli did not want the girls to talk to CMT on camera about the real reason why she was so sick. And believe me there is a lot more to the entire Courtney story Kelli and Charlotte do not to come out because it would make look make look bad. Plus the fact Courtney was taken a drug to help get her anxiety under control because of the stress of performing the right way would not have been help if she stayed on the team, so in otherwords Kelli did not help her by keeping tabs on her aka keeping her on the squad.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Chances are they showed her interview scene because of the fact she left right before TC because her parents finally saw the light when it came to her health. If Kelli was so worried about Courtney she would have said Courtney left for personal reasons and left it at that instead of acting like Courtney was on her death bed aka for drama and ratings. I also heard Kelli did not want the girls to talk to CMT on camera about the real reason why she was so sick. And believe me there is a lot more to the entire Courtney story Kelli and Charlotte do not to come out because it would make look make look bad. Plus the fact Courtney was taken a drug to help get her anxiety under control because of the stress of performing the right way would not have been help if she stayed on the team, so in otherwords Kelli did not help her by keeping tabs on her aka keeping her on the squad.

But if you're really protecting the brand, you don't show or acknowledge any of it -- don't show the interview & quietly get rid of her before announcing TCC. Taking her into training camp when she's out of control is way more of a risk to your image then just editing it her out (much like they did to Erika, even going so far as to edit the group leader announcements so she wasn't announced as a group leader). Nope, showing any of the Courtney stuff is not the way to control your brand image.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

But if you're really protecting the brand, you don't show or acknowledge any of it -- don't show the interview & quietly get rid of her before announcing TCC. Taking her into training camp when she's out of control is way more of risk to your image then just editing it her out (much like they did to Erika, even going so far as to edit the group leader announcements so she wasn't announced as a group leader. Nope, showing any of the Courtney stuff is not the way to control your brand image.

Keeping a tight lid on what the girls are not suppose to mention about Courtney after she left in my opinion is trying to shut down the rumors. Kelli did not "show" the one scene, CMT did. Kelli acting like oh no we lost a teammate today and when you have the time try to talk to Courtney is playing it up in order to take the heat off of the whole situation. Kelli should have not mentioned it at all and just said Courtney left for personal reasons. And to say she was out of control when she was on a dangerous medication is just as bad as saying a girl is out of control by losing too much weight to fit in the uniform. Kelli knew what was going on with Courtney and was not helping her by keeping her on the team where being on the squad and trying to be a perfect DCC almost cost her life.

54 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I've heard her say it numerous times on the show, usually in uniform fittings and when speaking to some of the girls in the office about their weight.  One example is when they were talking about Rose and Colby during uniform fittings.  Kelli told Colby that girls her height (I think 5'9") were 133.  There have been multiple other times, though.  The main reason why it stuck so firmly in my mind was that, during uniform fittings (and occasionally other times), Kelli was talking about all the different body types that they had to fit in the uniform yet she was also saying that girls of a height must way the same.  I've also heard the variation of "around x pounds" so there's SOME variation, but not a lot.

• Love 2
Just now, EricaShadows said:

I've heard her say it numerous times on the show, usually in uniform fittings and when speaking to some of the girls in the office about their weight.  One example is when they were talking about Rose and Colby during uniform fittings.  Kelli told Colby that girls her height (I think 5'9") were 133.  There have been multiple other times, though.  The main reason why it stuck so firmly in my mind was that, during uniform fittings (and occasionally other times), Kelli was talking about all the different body types that they had to fit in the uniform yet she was also saying that girls of a height must way the same.  I've also heard the variation of "around x pounds" so there's SOME variation, but not a lot.

And muscle weighs more than fat🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

With the end of DMD, I wonder how many of their dancers will try out for the squad tomorrow morning.

I wonder how soon they found out.  Some of them might have planned on staying so they could try for another season. Normally girls on the DMD would have to retire in order to audition for the DCC or another team. They should all leave the squad ASAP and go right to the DCC auditions.

11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder how soon they found out.  Some of them might have planned on staying so they could try for another season. Normally girls on the DMD would have to retire in order to audition for the DCC or another team. They should all leave the squad ASAP and go right to the DCC auditions.

I think I saw somewhere that the applications for DCC tryouts were due a few days ago. If that’s the case, and the dancers just found out, the timing of this is unfortunate and foul. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Maybe this year when Kelli says hundreds of girls are auditioning, she will mean it:)

• Useful 1
43 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Keeping a tight lid on what the girls are not suppose to mention about Courtney after she left in my opinion is trying to shut down the rumors. Kelli did not "show" the one scene, CMT did. Kelli acting like oh no we lost a teammate today and when you have the time try to talk to Courtney is playing it up in order to take the heat off of the whole situation. Kelli should have not mentioned it at all and just said Courtney left for personal reasons. And to say she was out of control when she was on a dangerous medication is just as bad as saying a girl is out of control by losing too much weight to fit in the uniform. Kelli knew what was going on with Courtney and was not helping her by keeping her on the team where being on the squad and trying to be a perfect DCC almost cost her life.

She was out of control -- because of the medication. Just like someone who is drunk or high is out of control. They are not thinking straight. It's not a "it's  Courtney's (or whoever) fault" statement, but a statement of her general condition due to the misuse of drugs.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:
29 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think I saw somewhere that the applications for DCC tryouts were due a few days ago. If that’s the case, and the dancers just found out, the timing of this is unfortunate and foul. 

Walk up applications begin at 7am. I bet there will be a few extra DMDs there.

• Love 1