Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

Lol! I found words ... She dances like a s****** toddler. 

That's probably why people break a sweat so easily in her classes..no one can keep up with a toddler. Plus, she's guaranteed to do that first 8 count in just about every 'country' piece she choreographs. Yawn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This girl made it to finals last year, I see Tessa in the green shirt in the back.  Malena has a long way to go to be a DCC.  She looks like she has no energy and she is still having trouble.  

33 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

This girl made it to finals last year, I see Tessa in the green shirt in the back.  Malena has a long way to go to be a DCC.  She looks like she has no energy and she is still having trouble.  

I don't see any improvement from last year. Cassidy was a DCRB for 2 years so she might have a good chance of making it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

Malena is in no way ready for auditions. She still has memory issues and when she does have parts of the dance down, she looks to have no energy. I’ll take a bet she will get into TC anyway because she is liked by K 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Cruisegirl said:

Malena is in no way ready for auditions. She still has memory issues and when she does have parts of the dance down, she looks to have no energy. I’ll take a bet she will get into TC anyway because she is liked by K 

I don’t know, after her epic meltdown, I think K was appalled and wouldn’t take her into TC again. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

I don’t know, after her epic meltdown, I think K was appalled and wouldn’t take her into TC again. 

They would bring her back for ratings and drama in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Looks, Kelli and/or Charlotte like her, someone to cut, sob story. The possibilities are endless.

I would guess they liked her looks (IMO she is very pretty and has nice facials when she "dances") & they liked that she had a career.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I would guess they liked her looks (IMO she is very pretty and has nice facials when she "dances") & they liked that she had a career.

Silly reasons to bring a girl on the team. Plus the fact she left her job to focus on making the team. I cannot believe some of the girls give up decent jobs to become a DCC for little pay and giving up your life to be one.

3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Looks Like Malena still can't pick up or remember choreography. I hope K&J are looking at these videos and decide not to take her into TC. She should not take a spot from someone again this year. The blonde in the front was good.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Looks Like Malena still can't pick up or remember choreography. I hope K&J K & C are looking at these videos and decide not to take her into TC. She should not take a spot from someone again this year. The blonde in the front was good.

Fix it for you. I bet Judy would not want her in TC, but Kelli and Charlotte would bring her in for the almighty dollars, ratings and another will she make the team drama story.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Fix it for you. I bet Judy would not want her in TC, but Kelli and Charlotte would bring her in for the almighty dollars, ratings and another will she make the team drama story.

I agree. I re-watched last years finals deliberations and Judy gave RW a check minus for power and kicks. Judy just wants good, consistent, reliable dancers. She blubbered when Lacey retired.

BUT IMO. Judy's opinions don't matter anymore to K&C because she used all her credibility cards getting Cassie on the team, keeping her on the team, and putting her in SG and triangle.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I agree. I re-watched last years finals deliberations and Judy gave RW a check minus for power and kicks. Judy just wants good, consistent, reliable dancers. She blubbered when Lacey retired.

BUT IMO. Judy's opinions don't matter anymore to K&C because she used all her credibility cards getting Cassie on the team, keeping her on the team, and putting her in SG and triangle.

So true! She was able to convince the judges and most important, Kelli and Charlotte to get rid of Olivia S. in Season 6 because *gasp* she was being toxic because she stood up to Cassie. You can tell when Judy does not like a certain girl or vet. Her facial expressions give her away.

24 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

As if they have credibility of their own to spare? Ha...not after Vickie rolled in. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

As if they have credibility of their own to spare? Ha...not after Vickie rolled in. 

I think they need to put the blame on Kelli, Charlotte, Tina and CMT for what happen with Victoria. Judy was probably thinking about keeping her mouth shut and thinking it is taking the why and how did Cassie make the team and stayed on the team crap she put up with for years is not taking a back street to the Victoria drama.

11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think they need to put the blame on Kelli, Charlotte, Tina and CMT for what happen with Victoria. Judy was probably thinking about keeping her mouth shut and thinking it is taking the why and how did Cassie make the team and stayed on the team crap she put up with for years is not taking a back street to the Victoria drama.

I'm not so sure. Judy lost her cool on twitter after being called out and it seems rather raw/real. I think in Judy's heart of hearts she knew how the camp would go, but I do think she is rooting for VK quietly in the background. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm not so sure. Judy lost her cool on twitter after being called out and it seems rather raw/real. I think in Judy's heart of hearts she knew how the camp would go, but I do think she is rooting for VK quietly in the background. 

I remember Judy defending Cassie right and left on social media. I think she might have lost her cool because she is tired of having to defend Cassie and now Victoria. She knows the jig is up, and the real truth is coming out. Kelli, Charlotte and Judy are in damage control mode.

(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, Loves2Dance said:

I think you are onto something here. Reading her twitter response and observing her body language last season left me with the impression that she was really uncomfortable/unhappy with the position the VK situation put her in. A candidate her boss was clearly (really over the top) advocating for, but she knew the dancing was not there. 

I still think about Weatherman Scott and how he spoke truth to power. I doubt we'll ever see him as a judge again. 

Edited by veronicamers
on to is onto
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

I think you are on to something here. Reading her twitter response and observing her body language last season left me with the impression that she was really uncomfortable/unhappy with the position the VK situation put her in. A candidate her boss was clearly (really over the top) advocating for, but she knew the dancing was not there. 

I still think about Weatherman Scott and how he spoke truth to power. I doubt we'll ever see him as a judge again. 

Another reason to protest if we lose Weatherman Scott. Along with Marshall the Hair Guy and No Win Situation Judy, Weatherman Scott are the best of the judges with their opinions and facial expressions. I like Kristy at times, but her I feel sick for cutting a veteran at times gets on my last nerves.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Silly reasons to bring a girl on the team. Plus the fact she left her job to focus on making the team. I cannot believe some of the girls give up decent jobs to become a DCC for little pay and giving up your life to be one.

This 100%. That’s why I’ve changed my mind on auditioning myself. I want a successful career far more than just dancing on a team. I don’t think it would open that many doors for me! 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

This 100%. That’s why I’ve changed my mind on auditioning myself. I want a successful career far more than just dancing on a team. I don’t think it would open that many doors for me! 

Good for you!

If Scott is gone as a judge, or there but barely shown, we'll know that his criticism of Victoria was the reason why no matter how much Kelli wants/wanted it hushed up.  Look at what happened with Jay Johnson after he criticized Cassie at her last auditions.  He was GONE from the show (if not the judging table).  He wasn't featured in ANY way on the show (after being featured in practically every season prior to that) until a few years had gone by and seemed to be barely shown at the judges table. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Jay has been shown a few times since the Cassie debate. I personally think he was shown last season due to Victoria's weight gain. I would love to know what he thinks of Victoria.

Edited by bigskygirl
Just now, bigskygirl said:

Jay has been shown doing the DCC work out or Power Squad a few times since the Cassie debate. I personally think he was shown last season due to Victoria's weight gain. I would love to know what he thinks of Victoria.

It still took awhile for them to bring him back after Cassie's last season.  And I think we all have a pretty good idea of what he thinks of Victoria.  I think he would include her with the vets who should all know the standards.  Anyone who has grown up wanting to be a DCC and is familiar with the expectations should be ready to go.  And we all know she is familiar cause that was discussed in her first TH.  I still want to know what happened to her first personal trainer.  Did he tell her to change her diet and work out more and Mommy fired him?

• Love 3

If Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy really wanted to punished Jay because he had the nerve to say Cassie should not have made the team for her fifth year, they should have made him work with Victoria in order for her to lose the eleven pounds she gained after TC started. That would be a true punishment.

Has this always been the calendar ? I thought the newbies to TCC had a couple of weeks to move to Dallas- which always make for interesting segments for the first couple of episodes (driving across the country with a mattress, sleeping/living in cars, looking for apts, etc)

From ( link ) :

• Application Deadline – Wednesday, May 15
  • Preliminaries – Saturday, May 18
  • Semi-Finals – Sunday, May 19
  • Panel Interviews – Friday, May 31
  • Finals – Saturday, June 1
  • First Meeting – Monday, June 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

Has this always been the calendar ? I thought the newbies to TCC had a couple of weeks to move to Dallas- which always make for interesting segments for the first couple of episodes (driving across the country with a mattress, sleeping/living in cars, looking for apts, etc)

From ( link ) :

They had to change the schedule for some concert thing at the stadium, I think.  Lexie had to change her wedding date cause of it.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They had to change the schedule for some concert thing at the stadium, I think

So if you make the team - when do you move? 

Realizing that moving to Dallas from XXX is a personal problem and not K&J's, but they already know they draw from candidates states away .. Or was this a ploy to either (1) get someone already in dallas or (2) get someone who feels they will move after semi finals -hoping for the best.. or (3) someone who can move Sunday June 2nd.

the 1st rehearsal is the day(night) after the first meeting, right ?

Edited by sATL
53 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If Weatherman Scott is gone, I'll riot. 

So far we have a possible one woman protest, and one person riot. Do we have someone to write a nasty letter to TPTB and someone to put a curse on Kelli, Charlotte and Tina.

11 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Malena is a pretty gal, but I agree - she is very hesitant and only knows a small portion of the routine. Based on what I am seeing, it would be cruel to string her along like last season.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Malena is a pretty gal, but I agree - she is very hesitant and only knows a small portion of the routine. Based on what I am seeing, it would be cruel to string her along like last season.

Agree with you. I have seen Malena in quite a few videos over the past few months as she has attended prep classes. I have yet to see her doing well in any of them. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

So far we have a possible one woman protest, and one person riot. Do we have someone to write a nasty letter to TPTB and someone to put a curse on Kelli, Charlotte and Tina.

I'm all over the nasty letter. Count me in!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

27 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I'm all over the nasty letter. Count me in!

Can't we just take 3 Barbies and dress them up like K, C and T -  like voodoo dolls?  When they do something onscreen that bugs us, yank out a hair and see what happens?  Or force feed Charlotte's doll and see if she gains weight.

• LOL 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

does she have her job responsibilities under control ? not really looking forward to hearing about "I work in college football" ...

did Victoria spend the year cheering on a university dance team ? some of the concerns Kelli had were not just dance related... she needed to gain a little more life experience too

Edited by sATL
5 minutes ago, sATL said:

does she have her job responsibilities under control ? not really looking forward to hearing about "I work in college football" ...

did Victoria spend the year cheering on a university dance team ? some of the concerns Kelli had were not just dance related... she needed to gain a little more life experience too

She was with Shelly B and DCC alumni in Nashville for the draft - maybe production?

7 hours ago, sATL said:

From ( link ) :

That doesn't give you long to uproot your life and move to Dallas!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, sATL said:

IIRC Malena had only been in her last job for a couple of months before auditioning for DCC.  Assuming she got another good job soon after getting cut from TC, she's had time to get settled in the new position, and to understand what the expectations are and how much flexibility her schedule allows.

10 hours ago, sATL said:

Victoria goes to North Lake Community College. I found one tiny mention of dance team auditions on their website, but no photos or any other information about the team. Also nothing on facebook or instagram, which is odd in this day and age. I doubt Victoria was involved with that. She's probably in the NLC dance program and spent the last year taking classes in dance and core curriculum requirements.

Judy meekly expressed reservations about VK during auditions last year and was basically told (not very nicely, by the way) to STFU.  That's why she was super quiet when it came to VK the rest of the season.  She'd been chastised and learned her lesson.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Judy meekly expressed reservations about VK during auditions last year and was basically told (not very nicely, by the way) to STFU.  That's why she was super quiet when it came to VK the rest of the season.  She'd been chastised and learned her lesson.

Did they bring up Cassie not being a model DCC and a mean girl when she was told to STFU. I bet Tina would have said it.

26 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did they bring up Cassie not being a model DCC and a mean girl when she was told to STFU. I bet Tina would have said it.

Not that I'm aware, but that would have been an appropriate retort.  Especially Cassie's behavior on the infamous USO tour.

• Love 2