Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

If you follow VK on instagram and she's liked a photo her name will be the first one

What if you don't follow anybody?  Is the order you see the actual real time order?

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What if you don't follow anybody?  Is the order you see the actual real time order?

Probably people who are similar to those you follow, have lots of follows in common etc. So I guess if you follow DCC people Victoria might come up because some of them might follow her, or she follows a lot of the same people as you.

Joys of algorithms.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, jlc said:

She is pretty, but well spoken? I didn't think she was as good as everyone else thought. There were times after she did a talking head where I was like "what???". Maybe it is just me, but.....I was not all that impressed with her. 

When I saw her non-DCC speaking she was well spoken and came off as a great ambassador. 

• Love 8
On 1/15/2019 at 4:32 PM, scorpio1031 said:

We are talking about someone who did appearances only for the Jets cause of her memory issues, who then moved to Texas to try out for the DCC, thinking that she had a shot.

But Kelli told her she didn’t see any reason why she might not make the team. It was when Malena told them she was quitting her job.

• Love 1
On 1/15/2019 at 1:32 PM, scorpio1031 said:

We are talking about someone who did appearances only for the Jets cause of her memory issues, who then moved to Texas to try out for the DCC, thinking that she had a shot.

Well, she DID make the Jets in spite of her memory issues and became the only girl in the history of that squad (if I'm remembering right) to not perform at the games.  She probably thought that DCC would do the same thing for her and take her on in spite of the issues.

11 hours ago, rose711 said:

But Kelli told her she didn’t see any reason why she might not make the team. It was when Malena told them she was quitting her job.

Rumor had it Kelli wanted a squad of 38-40, mainly because she wanted to keep Victoria and Malena who were considered the weakest of the 4 girls left (yet were her favorite girls of the bunch), but was told 36 was the absolute upper limit and she had to cut 4 girls.  Did Kelli encourage Malena to try out again next year or was there radio silence on that front immediately after Malena realized she wasn't going to make the squad?

Edited by EricaShadows

I know I'll be burned at the stake for my opinion, but here are my cut picks ...

Christina - boring performer

Brennan - crossed eyed facials

Taylor - awkward clumsy dancer (thunder fall)

Jessika - who is she, again?

• Love 8
On 1/16/2019 at 9:04 AM, EricaShadows said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelli/Judy/Charlotte might keep it one to two more years or whenever the contract with CMT is up.  They might not like the drama, but they like the attention.  The girls, on the other hand? Not so much.  We've heard that the girls hate having the cameras there and that filming is the main reason they're there until 2 or 3 in the morning some nights.  Otherwise, they would have been gone much earlier.  I wouldn't be surprised if practices without the cameras are only a couple hours long (thus the punctuality issue) so they would need to start on time to get everything in they need to. WITH the cameras, it's 6 or 7 hours (or more).

However, I think we'll start seeing the audition numbers start climbing back up from the 200-and-under range we're currently seeing to back in the 800-to-1000+ range again as soon as the show is over.  I don't know of anyone who likes to be humiliated intentionally and those "bad dancing" montages in the earlier seasons were humiliating.  We get so few of the dancers with no chance any more that I don't remember when those montages stopped.  Plus, people don't want to have the moment they're eliminated caught on camera for the nation/world to see.

I feel horrible that they are staying there until 2-3 AM, especially if they aren’t making Kardashian Kash to do so. The filming doesn’t need to be that deep. Have the lighting and film crew people show up early. How hard is it to record people dancing or trying out without adding stupid crap like slow mo, sparkles, retired ladies being shady to the new guard of dancers, “interventions” at peoples homes and gyms and with “mentors.”  As a viewer,  I am not asking for more upshots of their crotch while  they are stretching and warming up. I just want to see some practices, the tryout phase to include as many solos as possible, and Judy’s and Kelli’s BTS of how they select dancers work. 

My tone is not to be snarky towards you, as I adore your posts. I’m merely commenting my two..ok fifteen cents on the 2-3AM part. 

43 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I know I'll be burned at the stake for my opinion, but here are my cut picks ...

My heart hurts re: Taylor. I liked her, but has she been messy at performances? Otherwise, I’m the Judy to your Kelli on my high stool, and  I’m co-signing all of your suggestions. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

When do they usually announce the next season? Are we past due?

I think we have a ways to go. There’s the retirement announcements (which I feel like is spread out from Feb-April?, not the Jan deadline being reported here but idk, correct me), audition sign ups, the prep classes crank up their activity... I feel like they announce a set date in May at or around the Bimini trip. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Not burning bc you are entitled to your own thoughts but none of those will be cut.

I do disagree with Taylor bc I think she's strong and looks great in uniform, but they LOVE Jessika, won't take the heat for cutting Brennan w/ her fan following, and for God knows what reason they like Christina. Brennan I see the love, bc she has improved, hard workers, gets along with everyone, overall great choice for DCC, but I will never understand the love for boring, Jessika who also can't string together a sentence, and I don't even need to go there with why I'd never have even put Christina on the team. 

So yes, I'd keep Taylor and Brennan, but Jessika and Christina, no. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Per the honest remark from the girl with the "thut" (who I dearly loved).   Those are the eyes God gave me and there is nothing I can do about it.

Go Brennan!

Plus, if you saw pictures of her dad you'd know where she got it from.

I second your "Go Brennan!" :)

• Love 4

There aren't any girls I dislike enough to want them to retire, but I do think Taylor, Brennan and Gabby could be in danger of being cut, based on the past season's edits. I feel like I never see Gabby on appearances, but as I'm not in the Dallas area, I'm solely basing that statement on social media.

Also, I'm fully convinced that I'm the only one on this board who roots for Jessika. Her interview was shameful, but she has a unique look to me that I just love.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I feel like I never see Gabby on appearances, but as I'm not in the Dallas area, I'm solely basing that statement on social media.

Also, I'm fully convinced that I'm the only one on this board who roots for Jessika. Her interview was shameful, but she has a unique look to me that I just love.

Re:  Jessika  - you're not alone.  I agree about both her interview and her unique look.  Her figure is great as well.

Re: Gabby - here's one for you.  Looks like they had a recent appearance.

tinydancerkqs_17_1_2019_13_1_35_948.jpg

• Love 3
On 1/16/2019 at 6:45 AM, jlc said:

She is pretty, but well spoken? I didn't think she was as good as everyone else thought. There were times after she did a talking head where I was like "what???". Maybe it is just me, but.....I was not all that impressed with her. 

Not just you, I am not a Malena fan either.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Re:  Jessika  - you're not alone.  I agree about both her interview and her unique look.  Her figure is great as well.

Re: Gabby - here's one for you.  Looks like they had a recent appearance.

tinydancerkqs_17_1_2019_13_1_35_948.jpg

Caption: Kelli is the "Cool Mom" who let her daughter Maddie drive her friend Gabby home from school for the first time. They picked up big sister Brennan from college on the way. 

• Love 8
On 1/14/2019 at 1:45 PM, Nelliephant said:

2. I really hope Cassidy Hale (ex DCRB) reauditions. I don't think she was mentioned too much on here, but I liked her dancing last year. She's deleted her Instagram (or made it private, either way I can't find it) so can't see anything for this year.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, go4luca said:

So at the most we were guessing 10 spots open, at the least around 5?  If only 5, this could be quite a cat fight.  

I’m sure Soon we will hear abt more retirements 

Found out why they pushed auditions back today on the podcast 

8 hours ago, Holly85 said:
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Why?  Curious minds wanna know.

There is a big concert event that will be happening at the time auditions were suppose to happen 

LOL to think I had all kinds of deep dark theories about why.  The truth isn't so exciting :)

• Love 4
On 1/17/2019 at 9:52 AM, nittanyvolleyball said:

My thoughts exactly, I hadn't heard of this incident before now

SO SORRY Y'ALL. It was Caroline who fell.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:23 AM, Cappuccinagina said:

I feel horrible that they are staying there until 2-3 AM, especially if they aren’t making Kardashian Kash to do so. The filming doesn’t need to be that deep. Have the lighting and film crew people show up early. How hard is it to record people dancing or trying out without adding stupid crap like slow mo, sparkles, retired ladies being shady to the new guard of dancers, “interventions” at peoples homes and gyms and with “mentors.”  As a viewer,  I am not asking for more upshots of their crotch while  they are stretching and warming up. I just want to see some practices, the tryout phase to include as many solos as possible, and Judy’s and Kelli’s BTS of how they select dancers work. 

My tone is not to be snarky towards you, as I adore your posts. I’m merely commenting my two..ok fifteen cents on the 2-3AM part. 

My heart hurts re: Taylor. I liked her, but has she been messy at performances? Otherwise, I’m the Judy to your Kelli on my high stool, and  I’m co-signing all of your suggestions. 

I made a mistake. It was Caroline who fell. The fact that I can't remember who she is another one I think should be cut.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

SO SORRY Y'ALL. It was Caroline who fell.

I made a mistake. It was Caroline who fell. The fact that I can't remember who she is another one I think should be cut.

When did she fall? I must have missed it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

At about 25-26 seconds.  She didn't actually fall, she kind of stumbled.

The camera moves to your left at the time she stumbles, so you have really watch her the whole to time to notice. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I thought I saw Alexis in the first video and she looked awesome! I normally don't love her dancing. 

It is Alexis she did great to 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Not directly. Her last post on Instagram was plugging for Cowboy Fit and achieving her goals in 2019.

I'm very curious to see if she comes back. Only thing she posts is lyrical/contemporary dancing. Plus her body doesn't look to be any different since she got tbe boot.

• Love 2