Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, exitstageleft said:

If Malena is actually trying out again, hopefully she has been practicing all of the routines that she learned in training camp last summer all year long. Since her downfall was memory issues, I hope she was smart enough to rehearse those dances over and over all year long. I believe that they reuse many (if not most) or their sideline routines so that would help her a lot. Malena could then focus on any newer routines learned in TC. 

I was rooting for her last year. When she’s in her element, she is so poised and polished, plus very knowledgeable about football - a great asset to any NFL cheer team. But she’s gonna have to reel that crazy side in tho 🤣😂🤣

She wasn’t too poised and polished when she was cut. I really hope she doesn’t but all the evidence points to her trying out again this year. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

If Malena is actually trying out again, hopefully she has been practicing all of the routines that she learned in training camp last summer all year long. Since her downfall was memory issues, I hope she was smart enough to rehearse those dances over and over all year long. I believe that they reuse many (if not most) or their sideline routines so that would help her a lot. Malena could then focus on any newer routines learned in TC. 

I was rooting for her last year. When she’s in her element, she is so poised and polished, plus very knowledgeable about football - a great asset to any NFL cheer team. But she’s gonna have to reel that crazy side in tho 🤣😂🤣

It seems to be a little more than a memory issue because last year they showed a couple of scenes where she messed up in the group and they then had her do that portion by herself and she did it fine. So it also seems there is a problem with either her performing in a group and/or performing the routine from beginning to end without messing up. Like she may actually know the routine but psychs herself out so much that she can't do it without messing up.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, KatieC said:

She wasn’t too poised and polished when she was cut. I really hope she doesn’t but all the evidence points to her trying out again this year. 

Hence the reeling in of the crazy side 😂🤣😂🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Malena should have quit training camp last year, instead of her job.    Trying out again when she is a solo performer, but can't do group consistently is a mistake.    

Wasn't the group thing an underlying problem with her Jets career? She was sent out on appearances only.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Wasn't the group thing an underlying problem with her Jets career? She was sent out on appearances only.

Yes she couldn’t get the dances and flight crew style so she was benched did appearances only 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

If Malena and VK make it back AND TinaK gets one morsel of screen time, S14 is going to suck. 

You said a mouthful fellow poster. Of course, if CMT learns how to edit and not shove certain girls down our throats, it will suck less.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, Cruisegirl said:

I truly believe Gina is at an unhealthy weight.  When your bones are sticking out it’s not good. 😢

She went to the ER this weekend. I hope they advised her to eat something. 

Shannon is going for her 7th attempt this year. I'm curious about her dance background.  I wonder if she is also trying out for other teams and not getting chosen, or if she has focused solely on the DCC.

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Audition info from Kelsey

I just can't....I never liked her.  I think you either liked her or you didn't...and I was in the don't like group 🙂

• Love 4
Just now, Runnergrl37 said:

I hope Malena doesn't come back.  She is so desperate and it's uncomfortable to watch. 

She is re-auditioning, she confirmed that on her IG.  After her meltdown on being cut last year, if she does make it back to TC, I hope she keeps herself composed a liittle better. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

She is re-auditioning, she confirmed that on her IG.  After her meltdown on being cut last year, if she does make it back to TC, I hope she keeps herself composed a liittle better. 

I hope she is the first one cut or second, first being VK.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, J-R said:

I hope she is the first one cut or second, first being VK.

If VK shows up at auditions, she'll make the team.  I'm hoping (irrationally, because it won't happen) that she'll be counseled to not audition.  She can't control her dancing any more than she can control her weight.  Plus, she (and her mom) is a major mean girl who causes drama.

• Love 9

You would think Kelli and Charlotte would have learn anything after Cassie, Holly, Erica and Jenna, but obviously they did not. They would rather let the quality of the team go downhill than let go of the five minutes of fame, and the almighty dollar they have been clinging to especially the last few years of the show. So much for protecting the brand they love to talk about.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

You would think Kelli and Charlotte would have learn anything after Cassie, Holly, Erica and Jenna, but obviously they did not. They would rather let the quality of the team go downhill than let go of the five minutes of fame, and the almighty dollar they have been clinging to especially the last few years of the show. So much for protecting the brand they love to talk about.

Kelli is allowing the "show" to overtake the "business."  When the show does end, it will be interesting to see what bridges have been burned and what changes will happen within the organization.  Now that would be interesting to watch.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Shannon is going for her 7th attempt this year. I'm curious about her dance background.  I wonder if she is also trying out for other teams and not getting chosen, or if she has focused solely on the DCC.

I’ve been following her for a couple of years and she has tried out for I think every major squad in Dallas. She does seem to be able to dance (I have no dance background) and I admire her for her courage. A few years ago I think she wanted to stop auditioning since she’s never made it, but came back after a break. I’m rooting for her every year, I like that she never gives up and still chases her dream even though it never seems to work out and she still seems to love doing it. Personally, I feel like she gets overlooked, like she’s not one of those dances with a wow factor and with so many girls auditioning she just fades into the background and gets forgotten... 

3 hours ago, Kayce said:

There was a theory mentioned on the board that Malena wasn't very self aware, so she may not realize how she came across.  And even if she watched that ep, it was edited so she may have forgotten how bad it was.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

There was a theory mentioned on the board that Malena wasn't very self aware, so she may not realize how she came across.  And even if she watched that ep, it was edited so she may have forgotten how bad it was.

And remember the pesky editing. They do like to make the girls who get cut look bad. Amy from Season 7 was made to look robotic in her cut scene, but her sister said on FB that Amy's scene was heavily edited, and she said more than yes ma'm, and the scene was longer than it looked. The poor girl was sick from trying to lose weight in order to fit into her uniform, but Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte do not it to come out a girl got sick trying to lose weight because it would damage the image they are trying to portray on the show.

15 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I know she auditioned for the AAIA a few times. She's currently on the USA Cheerleaders, the squad you go to when nobody else will have you.. 

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

If VK shows up at auditions, she'll make the team.  I'm hoping (irrationally, because it won't happen) that she'll be counseled to not audition.  She can't control her dancing any more than she can control her weight.  Plus, she (and her mom) is a major mean girl who causes drama.

I can only imagine the relief and "secret" celebration between the Vets and TCC last year when she was finally cut.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I know she auditioned for the AAIA a few times. She's currently on the USA Cheerleaders, the squad you go to when nobody else will have you.. 

Don’t know anything about her but I am rooting for her!  It’s amazing she keeps trying!  Love her perseverance!

• Love 1
On 4/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Malena should have quit training camp last year, instead of her job.    Trying out again when she is a solo performer, but can't do group consistently is a mistake.    

Any intel on where she is working now? If she was using her current job title/knowledge of college football as a spring board to the NFL, working at another college would make the most sense.

I do hope she is taking challenging classes, esp. if she didn't try out for a another professional team. I don't remember if she danced in college.

1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

All you dancer types who watched MTT back at the beginning; how do VK and Cassie compare as far as their dancing in their first training camps?

I think the whole level of dancers has increased as the show has progressed. There are several dancers from the early years that wouldn't even make it to finals now days. IMHO

• Love 10
17 hours ago, KatieC said:

Don’t know anything about her but I am rooting for her!  It’s amazing she keeps trying!  Love her perseverance!

If she made the team it would be a great storyline.

I recall in the 2005 MTT or maybe it was season 1 (2006) there was a girl who claimed she was auditioning for the 9th or 10th time. I don't think she even made it to semis.

8 hours ago, sATL said:

Any intel on where she is working now? If she was using her current job title/knowledge of college football as a spring board to the NFL, working at another college would make the most sense.

I do hope she is taking challenging classes, esp. if she didn't try out for a another professional team. I don't remember if she danced in college.

Well, if Katy is moving to Australia, perhaps there is a job within the DCC organization she can apply for:)  

4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

With Jinelle now out of the closet, that's one fewer thing VK can gossip about.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Please tell me VK was not using this to make Jinelle look bad.

I did not know Jinelle was in the closet, nor did I know that she came out of the closet, but if anyone (VK included) used that as fodder for gossip, then they should have received a stern reminder from Kelly & Charlotte that there are anti-harassment laws against exactly this type of behavior. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

With Jinelle now out of the closet, that's one fewer thing VK can gossip about.

I had no idea until the engagement pic yesterday that Jinelle was gay, but when I saw the pic yesterday, I immediately wondered if the VK disrespect last year was driven by VK and Tina's views of Jinelle's relationship.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I did not know Jinelle was in the closet, nor did I know that she came out of the closet, but if anyone (VK included) used that as fodder for gossip, then they should have received a stern reminder from Kelly & Charlotte that there are anti-harassment laws against exactly this type of behavior. 

Thank you! 

Is there something to suggest that VK has issues with LGBT people (referring to the comment about VK and Tina’s views about Jinelle’s relationship)? I’m not asking this in an argumentative way, just wondering if something has been said on her social media or elsewhere. She’s pretty young and has grown up in the dance world. She may be a brat, but I wouldn’t peg her as having an issue with LGBT people. 

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Is there something to suggest that VK has issues with LGBT people (referring to the comment about VK and Tina’s views about Jinelle’s relationship)? I’m not asking this in an argumentative way, just wondering if something has been said on her social media or elsewhere. She’s pretty young and has grown up in the dance world. She may be a brat, but I wouldn’t peg her as having an issue with LGBT people. 

I agree, but I can picture VK/TK creating drama from the secrecy of the relationship, be it a gay and/or co-worker relationship. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, if Katy is moving to Australia, perhaps there is a job within the DCC organization she can apply for:)  

IMO. I think Katy and Jinelle are taking a break from the DCC world. Jinelle has been away from her family for several years and Katy is probably up for a great adventure with her beloved partner in a new country.

I also think that the VK drama was the straw that broke the camel ... Watching Kelli kowtow to Tina and VK was probably an eye opener and they don't want to witness another repeat. Also, the way VK treated Jinelle probably influenced Katy to get her lady the hell out of DCC dodge.

They can always come back after VKs tenure ;)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Absolutely nothing I have seen or heard about VK or Tina led me to believe they have a problem with Jinelle being gay and my intention was never to categorize them in any specific way.  I do not know their opinions on the topic.  I was just relating what popped into my head when I heard.  My perspective is simply that I have always thought that VKs expression and tone of voice toward Jinelle during the office meeting seemed unwarranted.  So, when I found a new fact, it made me wonder if that wasn't the missing link.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

I agree, but I can picture VK/TK creating drama from the secrecy of the relationship, be it a gay and/or co-worker relationship. 

Agreed. 

19 minutes ago, Opine said:

Absolutely nothing I have seen or heard about VK or Tina led me to believe they have a problem with Jinelle being gay and my intention was never to categorize them in any specific way.  I do not know their opinions on the topic.  I was just relating what popped into my head when I heard.  My perspective is simply that I have always thought that VKs expression and tone of voice toward Jinelle during the office meeting seemed unwarranted.  So, when I found a new fact, it made me wonder if that wasn't the missing link.  

Gotcha. I always thought she had an attitude because Jinelle had told Kelli (rightfully) IMO that she didn’t show up for the doctor’s appointment or participate in whatever Jinelle was doing with her to get her on a healthy diet and lifestyle plan. Rather than take responsibility, I just assumed that VK blamed Jinelle for the fact that she was in hot water. Certainly possible that there was something underlying her attitude though. 

• Love 2

Who is ready for some updates on Calendar Shoot?  We should be seeing something in the next few days.  I hope they do some podcasts from Mexico and I really hope that Courtney has thoughtful questions, prepared in advance.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, J-R said:

Who is ready for some updates on Calendar Shoot?  We should be seeing something in the next few days.  I hope they do some podcasts from Mexico and I really hope that Courtney has thoughtful questions, prepared in advance.  

I think the girls head out tomorrow for Mexico. Kelli and Judy usually head out before the girls do to get everything ready.

1 hour ago, J-R said:

Who's your roommate?  What's different this year from last year?  What are you doing on your days off?  If it's a rookie, was it different from what you were expecting?  Did a veteran work with you?  Remember last year when we hung out at the beach?  Remember that cute little restaurant we ate at?  Did you text that to me?  Did anybody get me a free bag yet?

• LOL 5
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Who's your roommate?  What's different this year from last year?  What are you doing on your days off?  If it's a rookie, was it different from what you were expecting?  Did a veteran work with you?  Remember last year when we hung out at the beach?  Remember that cute little restaurant we ate at?  Did you text that to me?  Did anybody get me a free bag yet?

All of that!  And...I have a drawer full of bikini's?  I bet you do too because you are from San Diego.  

Edited by J-R
  • LOL 1